• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Are you sure about that? Would not surprise me at all if PS4 is higher just because of the install base alone.

Not the best evidence, but XBOX version has been outselling the PS4 version on Amazon, this started as XBOX game and PS4 will mainly be Destiny and COD.

Keasar

Some thoughts so far.

Campaign was great. A bit short but a lot of fun.

Don't like the new leveling system. Liked it better in the first game that felt a ton faster when playing well. This one seems to always give you a set amount of points every time and makes leveling slow.

The TTK feels way too low. Firefights are over before you know it, you can't react to being shot before you're dead in most cases so far in my experience. I have to look deeper to see if there is a difference between TF1 and TF2.

The new Titans are pretty fun with their variations and being able to read what they can do judged by their appearance. However, they feel overall pretty weak with no rechargeable shield. And they are harder to get on most modes when there are no A.I soldiers to hunt in between killing players.

Amped Hardpoint is a bit boring. While I appreciate the strategy of having to amp the points to get more points, without the A.I to keep you busy it is a tedious and boring task to just stand still on a point for 30 seconds hoping that maybe another player comes around. You might as well just be constantly on the offensive and try to attack the other points where there are players.

Homestead is still a bad map with too much open space on the sides making it a tedium to navigate as a pilot.

Attrition, while improved now by escalating the A.I with more difficult enemies over time, is still a unfocused and boring mode that have players way too spread out over these large maps.

bluehat9

Ordered the vanguard edition literally as soon as it went up and amazon sends me an email that there's a delay/its out of stock. Super.

Anyone running a 1060 6GB with this? Seem to be struggling with performance even after turning some settings down and running at 1080?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Campaign was nice. Felt a bit short but otherwise a good introduction to the titan/pilot weapons/abilities.

Anyone running a 1060 6GB with this? Seem to be struggling with performance even after turning some settings down and running at 1080?

I'd guess something is wrong with your system. I'm running it on 470/i5-4690 and performance has been smoother than any other game in recent memory. Would think a 1060 could deal just as well.

Bizazedo

Where do I see challenges? (PS4).

And yes, something feels off about Attrition. Part of me feels it's the map design, though, not necessarily the game mode.

If we're being reductive about this, to me the main negative about the game so far is map design. Otherwise, I like it.

...but the map design is really bad.

Impulsor

Just taking into account the player base on each platform should be enough proof.

It's always PS4>X1>PC in amount of players.

Tovarisc

Just got mine and this scared me so much I logged in and redeemed it at work. Thankfully mine activated - no preorder stuff though, despite what they said before.

Now I expect someone to come around soon and report getting all pre-order stuff. It will be Black Ops 3 all over again :b

B00TE

Been on PS4 multiplayer all morning. I play so well when I'm calmed down but man, getting to that point takes me awhile. I get so amped up I can't aim for shit (which I have a hard enough time doing anyway) and make stupid plays.

Played a bunch of Attrition, will marathon bounty hunt next and see which I prefer. I like attrition still, but something feels sort of off.

Mupod

I don't think any of my friends will be picking this up, but I'll be joining TitanGAF on PC. How well does it work for forming groups? Does it have any kind of clan chat kind of functionality?

Raptor

Respawn, give the man or woman or both responsible for putting the hit sounds and big ass hit markers in the campaign aswell too like in MP a raise.

I love this so much.

Playing on hard and the very first alien dogs are kicking my ass after some wall run lmao.

z4h555g.jpg

88087d32daf41f3fd8ce30595df85b56d0b54e7b.gif

Campaign was nice. Felt a bit short but otherwise a good introduction to the titan/pilot weapons/abilities.

I'd guess something is wrong with your system. I'm running it on 470/i5-4690 and performance has been smoother than any other game in recent memory. Would think a 1060 could deal just as well.

Hmm. No way the campaign is locked to 30 right?

Now I expect someone to come around soon and report getting all pre-order stuff. It will be Black Ops 3 all over again :b

That would be super shady because their source on this one is listed as EA so these keys came directly from them.

Anything like that BLOPS3 stuff would mean they're using a bunch of 3rd parties.

At this point that place is so hit or miss I'll probably stop using them.

Respawn, give the man or woman or both responsible for putting the hit sounds and big ass hit markers in the campaign aswell too like in MP a raise.

I love this so much.

Playing on hard and the very first alien dogs are kicking my ass after some wall run lmao.

Yeah they hit way harder than I was expecting and I ran away :lol

Jinaar

Finding that I like the controller over mouse and keyboard. The aim assist compensates for my jitters, same problem my brother has. Absolutely having a blast otherwise!

The first hype moment

As much as I like KB/M, my large mitt hand is having issues with all the different keys I could be pressing at any given time for titan abilities and more. Plus I haven't been able to figure out slide hopping at all with the KB/M.

I may plug in my controller and give it a go.

Also, I actually really like the new titan battery situation. Finding/stealing a battery before Titanfall to get that edge. Its a mechanic I didn't think would work but I'm actually loving it.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Last night, I got one of those delivery Monday Emails from Amazon.com as well. Today, it's out for delivery like some others experience.

This is my default thought from now on when it comes to not knowing what's going to happen in these situations from Amazon.com Shipping:
Amazon.jpg

B00TE

Also, I actually really like the new titan battery situation. Finding/stealing a battery before Titanfall to get that edge. Its a mechanic I didn't think would work but I'm actually loving it.

Yeah, I have a lot of fun attempting to steal batteries. The only thing that drives me nuts is when I'm calling out to a teammate in a titan that I want to give them sweet, shieldy goodness and they keep running away from me.

Lren

As much as I like KB/M, my large mitt hand is having issues with all the different keys I could be pressing at any given time for titan abilities and more. Plus I haven't been able to figure out slide hopping at all with the KB/M.

I may plug in my controller and give it a go.

I did that on the PC version after playing on the PS4 for a bit. I did a lot better. Give it a shot and see if it helps!

Jinaar

I did that on the PC version after playing on the PS4 for a bit. I did a lot better. Give it a shot and see if it helps!

I will most definitely! I double dipped for TF1 back in the day and most of my play time to GEN 10 was on the XBOX, so I'm really use to the controller in the end.

As for giving friendly titans batteries, if there is on mechanic to alert them, aka like in Battlefield 1 I can press Q on a medic and I'll shout for healing. That's what should be there if it isn't.

Mupod

That would be super shady because their source on this one is listed as EA so these keys came directly from them.

Anything like that BLOPS3 stuff would mean they're using a bunch of 3rd parties.

At this point that place is so hit or miss I'll probably stop using them.

it's a shame because I've used them almost as long as they've existed. But lately something's been up with them - hell I couldn't even log in to their site for the last few weeks and their support had no idea why. It fixed itself a couple days ago.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Really enjoyed playing this last night. The Stim is by far my favorite ability. It's insane.

Top Bottom