• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

deoee

Wait... you can still hack in tf2? How?

Move up to them and hold E.

It doesn't work ALL the time but maybe I'm just confusing the Stalkers and the other robots that run around (not the Reapers, the "Pilot" ones :D )

Edit: Spectres, right?

KodaRuss

I don't know but I would think so.
They simply are painted over and belong to your team but the COOLEST thing is, the Stalkers start to follow you and your Titan around.
So you can build an army :D

This raises more questions... Do you get the points for killing them that you would for hacking them?

I would assume you get the points if they take out a Pilot?

EDIT: You are right Spectres, not Stalkers.

Zemm

Ronin is definitely the GOAT pilot killer, the amount of 3 man killing sprees you can do with the dash and melee is insane. Still feel the battery boost is almost mandatory for him though, I hope he gets one more health pip in the patch.

I started using ion since i got into regen 2 and i´m starting to get the hang of it, man is fun to blow pilots from the skies after blowing their titans, i ´m going CAR for now and i´m really missing the volt what a great smg that is

Izuna

Banned
Swol I'm sorry but reading your old comments makes me jiggly

dude, chill. I think the gunplay in Titanfall 2 is better, and now this new stim makes the old stim look boring as shit.
- 08-22-2016
Stim doesn't work like it did before, you can't constantly pop it after being shot, it doesnt' replenish fast enough nor does it give you that bigger health boost like in the original (which is pretty stupid, stim was a great tool for prolonging gun fights in a CODish type game).
- 11-22-2016

Zemm

I started using ion since i got into regen 2 and i´m starting to get the hang of it, man is fun to blow pilots from the skies after blowing their titans, i ´m going CAR for now and i´m really missing the volt what a great smg that is

I think doing a 180 with Ion and lasering some guy in a window quite far away is probably the best feeling you can get in this game, it's one of those things where you miss the share button on PC. Ion and Ronin are the most fun Titans for sure.

Pilot vs pilot is better than most other shooters ive played. Amazing stuff

Indeed, it's what I play 75% of the time. I've hit a point of about a 2/1 kill death ratio average, feelin like a gawd. But it also feels like the games are often relying on my performance. There's always one guy who goes 3 and 15 and if there isn't someone to make up for that then that's the team that's screwed.

deoee

Nice, I tried to get close and behind one but it just prompted me to execute them. Ill try again. So you get 5 points total instead of 4 like you would if you just killed them.

Cloak is good for this.

Or trying to find one that is isolated from the others.

And yeah, there seems to be an extra point!

You realize that it's numerically impossible (in attrition) for everyone on the team to do "good"? Your teammates killed a decent amount of Titans. I'm often at the top of the leaderboards as well, but understand that aggressive players tend to cannibalize all of the kills.

That said, we should try to be as welcoming as possible to new players.
Yup, it's a turn off to me, as someone who just bought it this weekend and isn't very good.

Getting matched with really strong level players who know the maps isn't great either.

Nice, I tried to get close and behind one but it just prompted me to execute them. Ill try again. So you get 5 points total instead of 4 like you would if you just killed them.
But if you kill them, you get points and prevent other team from scoring off of them, right? So wouldn't it be better to kill them?

KingV

I'm not sure they give points to the enemy :D That's something we would need to confirm in a private game

It takes a long ass time tho

In R1 there was a pilot skill that was faster hacking. Would like to see it come back.

Also, would be doubly awesome if you got points for the other team killing your hacked specters. Especially considering how long it takes. It seems like it takes eternity now

deoee

In R1 there was a pilot skill that was faster hacking. Would like to see it come back.

Also, would be doubly awesome if you got points for the other team killing your hacked specters. Especially considering how long it takes. It seems like it takes eternity now

Wasn't it called the Icepick?

Tosyn_88

Ronin is definitely the GOAT pilot killer, the amount of 3 man killing sprees you can do with the dash and melee is insane. Still feel the battery boost is almost mandatory for him though, I hope he gets one more health pip in the patch.

Yeah, I think having an extra health pack seem important for him. I tried it once before I regened and it helped. But he doesn't need more health but rather more speed, he's a bit clunky for a glass canon. He should be feared on the battlefield when seen, esp at close ranges

joecanada

Yeah, I think having an extra health pack seem important for him. I tried it once before I regened and it helped. But he doesn't need more health but rather more speed, he's a bit clunky for a glass canon. He should be feared on the battlefield when seen, esp at close ranges

I still pee a little when I see Ronin, but if you have dashes and some obstacles then its excited pee lol

SwolBro

Banned
Tone is very easy to play with, but it takes work to fully understand how to use her and be efficient (like with all Titans).

No. That's part of the reason why it's such an overpowered Titan, it's ease of use. At least in R1 the original 40 did require skill to use. It had a learning curve that once mastered you became godly

There is none of that here. It's easy as hell and it's why everyone seems effective with her.
giving me bad flashbacks to people noobtubing their way through MW2.
Thankfully it's no where close to that.

Swol I'm sorry but reading your old comments makes me jiggly

Well... i do think the new stim is funner. It just doesn't replenish fast enough though. i liked how the old stim functioned, and what it was mainly used for. This new stim is funner but it's mainly used as a crazy boost to get across a map.

If i were to design it i'd put it somewhere in between the two.

Man I reeeeeeaaaaallllly need to set gerforce experience to be recording at all time, I've had like 6 separate matches today where I was doing some amazing shit. Also count me as like 1 of like a couple people who likes Pilots vs Pilots, I think it's a nice change of pace and I went 31 and 6 in my last match lol.

Man I reeeeeeaaaaallllly need to set gerforce experience to be recording at all time, I've had like 6 separate matches today where I was doing some amazing shit. Also count me as like 1 of like a couple people who likes Pilots vs Pilots, I think it's a nice change of pace and I went 31 and 6 in my last match lol.
I've thought the same thing, but until Respawn fixes the stuttering I don't want to hurt my performance at all. Though I haven't researched how much it affects performance to have it recording.

I've thought the same thing, but until Respawn fixes the stuttering I don't want to hurt my performance at all. Though I haven't researched how much it affects performance to have it recording.

I never noticed any degraded performance when I did have it set up manually. Buuut I have a i7 6700k and a 980ti so mileage will vary. The only issue I still have with the game is probably something on my end that I don't know. It's where I get freezes mid match where the game is still playing/running ect but obviously I'm not being shown what everyone else in the match is doing and bam it pops back to normal and the person i was fighting is behind me.

If you use the record x amount of time feature, there is no performance hit. The only performance hit is when you use live recording or broadcasting.

HelloMeow

Can we have a fully customizable BT as a Deluxe exclusive? Along with the chaingun and arc cannon? No core ability needed

Thanks, Respawn.

The core ability should be giving a thumbs up.

Thumb Core Active

BTThumbsUp.gif

Can we have a fully customizable BT as a Deluxe exclusive? Along with the chaingun and arc cannon? No core ability needed

Thanks, Respawn.

Think that would be cool. Put the Vanguard titans in, make them customizable like in the campaign, but don't give them a core ability or such that's super powerful. Players get a new Titan with much more custom layout, but less specialized

dankir

Nah the Brute/Vanguard core ability should be throwing the pilot out at hight speeds a la Fastball Special, tje pilot explodes when it hits something but it's the most powerful core in the game. Your titan will still do the Wind speed Check, pump his fist and then say trust me as he hurls you to his death :)

KorrZ

This game gets me triggered when I only have time to play a quick match. Always get my ass handed to me unless I get that warmup game in.

Gonna stop playing unless I have time for at least a few matches lol.

Edit: From the TF2 blog:

Tone: Burst Loader
Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire

Is this for real? Holeee fuck.

Top Bottom