• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

deoee

1423608658603837616.gif

SwolBro

Banned
This game gets me triggered when I only have time to play a quick match. Always get my ass handed to me unless I get that warmup game in.

Yes, Titanfall always requires a nice warmup. The difference is night and day.

Worst is getting on around this time when all the assy tactics come out coupled with the flood of internet traffic that fucks with connections.

The hit detection, the lag, it all goes to shit at this time of day.

Izuna

Banned
Bounty Hunt is fun, but good lord is it hard to carry in that mode, at least it feels rewarding.

gX7zCwy.png

It can be very hard, but denying the other team money is easy if they're not good. They'll usually stick together at one of the two points. All you have to do is take care of your own point faster than them and try to steal as much money as possible.

Hooks

I should have got this over battlefield 1 and dishonored 2(due to pc performance). Gonna pick this up today, better late then never I guess

On console i think the hierarchy goes

1. 201/volt
  2. G2a/hemlock
  3. Car/devotion
  4. Alternator/Flatline

On some maps those will change such as homestead making g2a/hemlock above 201/volt, but i think this list is consistent.

Softball is a beastly weapon though, it may even deserve a spot somewhere between CAR/devotion.

I think Hemlok belongs to the top tier on most maps, the one burst kill in close range gives it a much bigger advantage over G2's close range struggle.

E92 M3

The close quarter combat in this game is so satisfying.

jlE7B6B.gif

Put in a good word for me when you get up there, JESUS FREAK.

PzrpuJe.gif

People can't read. It's called Thor: The Dark World not "Thor 2".

Do you see people call Captain America: The Winter Soldier "Cap 2"? I think not.

Oh, a "Thank you" letter, huh? lol

Doesn't happen often on Xbox, but a dude said thanks for carry lol. I was shocked.

Yes, Titanfall always requires a nice warmup. The difference is night and day.

Worst is getting on around this time when all the assy tactics come out coupled with the flood of internet traffic that fucks with connections.

The hit detection, the lag, it all goes to shit at this time of day.

So true! Without a warm up I feel like complete garbage.

SwolBro

Banned
I think Hemlok belongs to the top tier on most maps, the one burst kill in close range gives it a much bigger advantage over G2's close range struggle.
eh, the hemlock is harder to engage more than 1 target at a time in close successions. Anyone playing a mid position in CTF are all running G2A.

Ronin's toolset has feels like it has better flow when I used the extra counter smoke, free battery boost, warpfall, and phase embark for better aggression.

The extra counter smoke's useful for running into a group of Titans, dropping a smoke, then running away.

Oh... my.....

Edit: I have some hope for one of the future weapons to be a literal laser beam cannon like the EM1 from Advanced Warfare, it was an interesting gun

Toa TAK

Banned
Still hate 1 hit melee kills, BO3 did it right.
I feel you, though I do miss it sometimes. It got irritating by the time BOIII came out and I was also really happy when they changed it.

But then melee weapons happened.
Doesn't happen often on Xbox, but a dude said thanks for carry lol. I was shocked.
Oh wow. I thought it was a pissy message but that's awesome.
I shouldn't have stayed up for the patch notes.

DKo5 you are a liar
It's only 7:45 pm on the best coast.

J.EM1

Finally got a PS Plus subscription. Back in the MP hook. Too bad my internet craps out at night. Lag galore in almost every match.

No_Style

Party system is kinda ass. Couldn't get my bro and I in the same game for whatever reason. One of us would always be left out of the game.

Oh well, at least I got to play with Bish.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I really want to play the campaign and support this dev, but 40 still feels too steep for me just for that. I don't anticipate playing the multiplayer at all.

I wish I could buy the campaign separately for like 10 bucks or something :/

I rarely use the Smart Pistol face-to-face, but I don't use it to shoot people in the back either.

The benefit for me is that I can be going full speed wall run and basically take out a guy without breaking stride. I can do that sometimes hip firing SMGs (and I'm working to get better), but being able to do it while bouncing up and around walls makes it super useful, especially around banks in Bounty Hunt or cap points in Hard Point.

If I approach at full speed from above and/or at an angle, it's pretty much a guarenteed kill.

Sliver

I really want to play the campaign and support this dev, but 40 still feels too steep for me just for that. I don't anticipate playing the multiplayer at all.

Apparently using code "TITAN20" at checkout gives a further discount, but I'm not sure for how much. If you use it let me know!

Yeah, I paid $26 plus tax at best buy. But even that seems a little steep since I don't plan on playing multiplayer.

SwolBro

Banned
Ok, so there's no point in me playing coliseum anymore. I've almost maxed out skins, patches, and there's only a page or so left of banners it seems. Coliseum wins keep giving me more tickets and nothing else.

Ok, so there's no point in me playing coliseum anymore. I've almost maxed out skins, patches, and there's only a page or so left of banners it seems. Coliseum wins keep giving me more tickets and nothing else.

I wish I could actually win a Coliseum match lol Like I do pretty great in every other part of MP except Coliseum. I think I've only ever won one of the rounds as well.

I think everyone should be having fun doing what they want - just like it was in MW2. Some folks like placing their easy-to-kill turrets, others like camping with hemlocks and cloaks. I like running around with SMGs. Right now, Titanfall allows players to express themselves. Is some stuff "unfair?" Sure, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. The better player always wins - but here is the catch that's not present in most other games:

Titanfall is fun win or lose. I've heard from so many people that even losing is fun. MW2 was one of my all-time favorite multiplayer shooters and Titanfall 2 is reaching that level. I have so many new builds that I want to try. And I think it's fully okay to have a couple things be OP. Let the beginners feel strong - there is nothing wrong with that.

My 2 rubles :p

I'm not saying Respawn should eliminate playstyle variety. I don't have a problem with people camping, I just think cloak makes that playstyle too easy. At the moment it's a playstyle a lot of players are falling into because they simply do not know how to play the game very well mobily, and camping with a G2 or Hemlock is a very easy way to achieve good results across most modes.

Hemlock / G2 overwatch / camping playstyles are already powerful enough, without the players being harder to see. Sitting on rooftops with the Hemlock is probably the only way I can consistently net 200+ points in Attrition (video example).

It's the same with CTF, the defender already has a huge advantage in the flag room, at least if he's not marked. It's not as though cloak is needed to make that playstyle viable, it's already incredibly effective.

Gator86

I'm not saying Respawn should eliminate playstyle variety. I don't have a problem with people camping, I just think cloak makes that playstyle too easy. At the moment it's a playstyle a lot of players are falling into because they simply do not know how to play the game very well mobily, and camping with a G2 or Hemlock is a very easy way to achieve good results across most modes.

Hemlock / G2 overwatch / camping playstyles are already powerful enough, without the players being harder to see. Sitting on rooftops with the Hemlock is probably the only way I can consistently net 200+ points in Attrition (video example).

It's the same with CTF, the defender already has a huge advantage in the flag room, at least if he's not marked. It's not as though cloak is needed to make that playstyle viable, it's already incredibly effective.

Cloak makes every playstyle easier. It's not much of a secret at this point.

https://youtu.be/yv-O-3HvlYc

Cloak gives you an advantage in virtually every situation possible. If you're an average player, the best way to maximize points to to run cloak and volt around the middle of the map or hemkock/cloak around the edges, picking off anyone who tries to come out to you, until your Tone is ready.

Cloak gives you an advantage in virtually every situation possible. If you're an average player, the best way to maximize points to to run cloak and volt around the middle of the map or hemkock/cloak around the edges, picking off anyone who tries to come out to you, until your Tone is ready.

Wasnt cloak in tf1 more of an anti titan ability? Why dont they just make it like that.

Greddleok

...Becomes the Master is so fucking hard. I've ran that gauntlet like 100 times and I usually hit 36 or miss targets. I ONCE got 33.90 and almost screamed.

I don't think I'm ever going to get the platinum, that gauntlet is just ridiculous.

Toa TAK

Banned
...Becomes the Master is so fucking hard. I've ran that gauntlet like 100 times and I usually hit 36 or miss targets. I ONCE got 33.90 and almost screamed.

I don't think I'm ever going to get the platinum, that gauntlet is just ridiculous.
Don't give up homie. I was right there, too, at 33.90. Eventually I got it, you can, too.

Zemm

Ronin's toolset has feels like it has better flow when I used the extra counter smoke, free battery boost, warpfall, and phase embark for better aggression.

The extra counter smoke's useful for running into a group of Titans, dropping a smoke, then running away.

I like the double arcwave skill personally, battery boost is almost mandatory for sure. The new skill Ronin gets in the patch sounds useless tbh, I think they need to do something better than that to bring him up a bit. Something like the sword blocks all damage rather than just mitigates some, maybe just a plain small health upgrade.

SwolBro

Banned
Sentry Gun is definitely the best boost in this game. At least in PvP.
no, that would be amped weapons. a sentry can sit there collecting dust if you place it wrong. on some of the smaller maps sentry is decent but most of the time amped weapons is better, especially for the skilled players.

Wasnt cloak in tf1 more of an anti titan ability? Why dont they just make it like that.
yup and they should bring it back to that.

Oh god had my first match (and then we queued against the same team again) with just full on map hack and sonar knife. Boy thats fun to play against :||||||||||||||||||||

Having a ton of fun with Ion, starting to just go autotitan follow mode for fun

E92 M3

Sentry Gun is definitely the best boost in this game. At least in PvP.

Not by a long shot lol.

Certain boutique modes play very differently to standard Titanfall. Respawn should be wary balancing for those playstyles when the majority of the population is playing Bounty Hunt and Attrition.

You make it sound like it's bad for beginners to have a crutch or easy choice to make. The game is already hard enough for most. It just seems like you hate the easy to use stuff and want it gone from the game when in fact it's relatively balanced for the general population.

People have fun with cloak and Tone. There is nothing wrong with that. We'll see what Respawn does, but I think there should be easy options for beginners.

--

On another note, this felt good:

E5GB99Y.gif

Phase shift hype:

7vbmKtQ.gif

Alx

Sentry gun may not be the most efficient boost, but it's one the safest and still quite satisfying. There's nothing like finding a nice spot to place your turret and go do your own thing, raking in the kills in the meantime.
The additional battery might be the most effective one, since it almost guarantees you a Titan with a full shield, but it's... boring.
Amped weapon sounds fine too but it doesn't really add anything to the experience, you just kill things faster.

Zemm

I've gone off phase shift the past two days. It's alright but it's actually really easy to kill someone that uses it because of the big puff of smoke giving them away. Right now I'm back on Stim and might try out some cloak. Cloak on a good player is ridiculous judging from that video linked earlier. Having that first one or two shots is huge.

KodaRuss

I really dont get the cloak complaints. I use it or Stim/Phase Shift. I have dabbled with Holo Pilot as well (seems just alright).

I am never camping and always running around. I use it to get from one building to the next which is the same as I would with Stim and Holo pilot.

If anything is kinda OP I would think it would be phase shift because it basically is an oh shit button. You can shift away from danger instantly if you know you are going to die.

I dont believe I have ever really been frustrated by another enemy cloaking all the time, they really are not that hard to see. Unfortunately my bigger issue is how easy it is to pick out Pilots on the map as they are lit up like a christmas tree streaking across the map.

Not by a long shot lol.

Certain boutique modes play very differently to standard Titanfall. Respawn should be wary balancing for those playstyles when the majority of the population is playing Bounty Hunt and Attrition.

Bounty hunt can share the same cloaked advantage as hardpoint or CTF, and CTF is often see as the competitive mode. With that said attrition and Bounty hunt have too many uncontrollable variables to be considered competitive, everything is just noise in that chaotic environment, with no individual ability overly influencing the experience because of the dynamic nature of how points are earned.

If anything, cloak also offers huge benefits in these AI present modes because of how AI are liable to capture attention over cloaked players. While it is less directly affecting the objective, it's still incredibly useful for something that's just a passive benefit. As I say, the other skills all require intelligent, tactical, or reactive use, cloak is just a passive advantage, and quite a persistent one too when using tactical recharge and whatnot.

Top Bottom