• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

KodaRuss

As far as gun balance is concerned just at a glance of the thread we went from the 201 & Car being OP, to the Alternator to Volt to now Devotion being OP. Throw in a page or two where shotguns got in fashion and the current "will he/will he not" flirtation with the flatline and at least gun wise seems we got a balanced game, lol.

I really think they got the gun balance right for the most part. For as many guns that there are they did a great job. There will likely be tweaks but everything is useful outside of rhe Grenadiers and Snipers imo.

E92 M3

Sure, but maybe also increase her 40mm magazine size to 15 so she can get three locks with a single mag.

That I like as well. I want every Titan to be strong in the right hands.

--

My teammates gave up when the going got hard, but we could have won. Shit felt bad.

kGA9cZx.png

The issue I have with Tone is not the damage for each 40mm round or tracking missile, but how the tracking missiles can be cheesed and spammed.

If they were on a cool down and required a hold to lock like TF1 then I think the only thing left to do would be to revert Legion back to launch state.

Thanks, Respawn.

E92 M3

The issue I have with Tone is not the damage for each 40mm round or tracking missile, but how the tracking missiles can be cheesed and spammed.

If they were on a cool down and required a hold to lock like TF1 then I think the only thing left to do would be to revert Legion back to launch state.

Thanks, Respawn.

With that system Tone would be considerably weaker. Tones are a mid-range Titan. Northstar can wreck her long-range and she will get destroyed in CQC.

With that system Tone would be considerably weaker. Tones are a mid-range Titan. Northstar can wreck her long-range and she will get destroyed in CQC.

Tone would have a role and not the best all rounder. Like most of the Titans. Except for Legion. RIP Legion.

krazen

I really think they got the gun balance right for the most part. For as many guns that there are they did a great job. There will likely be tweaks but everything is useful outside of rhe Grenadiers and Snipers imo.

Agreed. I even think the grenadiers are solid...in another game. Problem is that in Titanfall world where everyone flys around at 60mph their they are too slow and your forced to lead your shots by an extreme margin. But I can do decently well with some like the sidewinder (and, while not a grenadier class weapon another slow weapon the L Star) because of the brutal damage if you manage to land the hits

Snipers suffer just because in the carbine and assault class you've got some great long range guns. Not sure you can do anything about them without skewering the balance of the other guns.

Gator86

Tone would have a role and not the best all rounder. Like most of the Titans. Except for Legion. RIP Legion.

Yeah, Tone needs a role aside from the best or top tier at literally all things in all contexts.

Is Tone really getting destroyed by Northstar at long range? North has no health and, at long range, mostly just her primary. If Tone lasts just two shots, that Northstar is getting shredded or fleeing for her life.

And in close, who is she getting destroyed by? Not North or Legion. Scorch would be dangerous sure, but how do you let a Scorch corner you as a Tone? Ion can block all of Tone's attacks sure, but they have limited energy and you can just feint a few attacks to force them to waste their shield. Also, during that shield you're taking no damage and can freely reload while your dash and shield steadily refresh.

Ronin is the only option left and it's a little weird that being at a disadvantage to a Titan purely designed around close range combat is Tone's biggest weakness. Even in that context you still need to just land two shots for missle lock. If the Ronin doesn't sword block those, he's damn near toast. Even a flailing Tone ambushed by a Ronin is going to take most of his health unless they nail perfect blocks.

Tone's "weaknesses" are less weaknesses and more times she isn't just going to wipe the floor with the opposition.

From what I've seen, the thing that makes Tone so powerful is just her shield. It's by far the best defensive ability. If anything should be nerfed, it's that (and I'm not necessarily saying nerf Tone).

People who refer to TF1 as the internal Respawn code name for some odd reason. TF1 AND TF2 PLEASE.

I'm pretty sure it's to distinguish itself from Team Fortress.

I've said it before, but I think a simple lockon range reduction and a sharper damage/range dropoff would be all Tone needs.

The problem right now is that she's so effective at range, she kind of intrudes on Northstar's place in the Sandbox.

deoee

I've said it before, but I think a simple lockon range reduction and a sharper damage/range dropoff would be all Tone needs.

The problem right now is that she's so effective at range, she kind of intrudes on Northstar's place in the Sandbox.

Also less auto-aim on pilots.

E92 M3

I'd prefer if all Titans could be used for multiple purposes. The less teamwork required the better. Titanfall allows the individual to shine and lately most shooters focus too much on teamwork.

Yeah, Tone needs a role aside from the best or top tier at literally all things in all contexts.

Is Tone really getting destroyed by Northstar at long range? North has no health and, at long range, mostly just her primary. If Tone lasts just two shots, that Northstar is getting shredded or fleeing for her life.

And in close, who is she getting destroyed by? Not North or Legion. Scorch would be dangerous sure, but how do you let a Scorch corner you as a Tone? Ion can block all of Tone's attacks sure, but they have limited energy and you can just feint a few attacks to force them to waste their shield. Also, during that shield you're taking no damage and can freely reload while your dash and shield steadily refresh.

Ronin is the only option left and it's a little weird that being at a disadvantage to a Titan purely designed around close range combat is Tone's biggest weakness. Even in that context you still need to just land two shots for missle lock. If the Ronin doesn't sword block those, he's damn near toast. Even a flailing Tone ambushed by a Ronin is going to take most of his health unless they nail perfect blocks.

Tone's "weaknesses" are less weaknesses and more times she isn't just going to wipe the floor with the opposition.

I would never engage a Northstar in the long-range. I'd take way too much damage. I've seen good pilots of the aforementioned TItans and would definitely not want them in face - especially a good Ion can be a huge pain in the butt. Tone is annoying to fight, but by no means is she a monster of the battlefield.

The key to making good balance changes is to do it with subtly. Coming from Destiny, Bungie would just destroy a whole weapon class with a nerf. I don't want to see any huge changes in sandbox. Also, I want to see actual game statistics. Right now it's all anecdotal evidence from players that are outliers when it comes to skill.

Strider

Not in a Titanfall 2 thread it isn't.

Outside of a Titanfall thread I usually just spell it out or use Tit2 because yea... People can easily confuse what you're saying with team Fortress 2,

But R1 and R2 are confusing for folks no matter where you use it lol

Celtic

Neo Member

Outside of a Titanfall thread I usually just spell it out or use Tit2 because yea... People can easily confuse what you're saying with team Fortress 2,

I've always liked TF|2. I don't know why, but that one little line completely helps my mind separate it from Team Fortress 2.

This reminds me, can they please patch in swapping r2 + l2 for r1 + l1 in the control options since most all other games have it now and then I don't have to use custom button assignments in the system menu for one game? (ps4)

This reminds me, can they please patch in swapping r2 + l2 for r1 + l1 in the control options since most all other games have it now and then I don't have to use custom button assignments in the system menu for one game? (ps4)

I think preferring L1 + R1 as shooting buttons is pretty much a minority right now :(

People who refer to TF1 as the internal Respawn code name for some odd reason. TF1 AND TF2 PLEASE.

I KNOW, I JUST CAN'T HOLD IT!

dankir

Just use TF1 and TF2 and if you must talk about Team Fortress 2 just call it the hat game so nobody is confused.

Hats for Titans when? Legion could use a big Sombrero, Cowboy hat for Tone, Samurai Helmet for Ronin, etc.

iavi

Just got the game on XB1.

Fuck me this game is good. I dreamt of a single player campaign with the mobility of TF1 but I never thought they'd deliver with an actually incredible campaign and not some COD bs.

Is there an active GAF XB1 group?

J.EM1

Just finished my first Attrition match where I placed first. Feels good. Finally getting the hang of piloting my titan.

Izuna

Banned
Just got the game on XB1.

Fuck me this game is good. I dreamt of a single player campaign with the mobility of TF1 but I never thought they'd deliver with an actually incredible campaign and not some COD bs.

Is there an active GAF XB1 group?

Apply to TitanGAF, I'll add you

J_Viper

Has the PC player base increased at all with the sale prices?

I hit Level 14 on PS4, and it's great, but I'm not going to renew PS+ this year for one game.

joecanada

R1 and R2 are already used for resistance anyway as well as R3

Celtic

Neo Member
Just finished my first Attrition match where I placed first. Feels good. Finally getting the hang of piloting my titan.

This feeling, man. It's amazing.

I've never been a great FPSer, but after banging my head against Ronin and my pilot abilities/weapons of choice long enough, I've started getting consistently good scores.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Sojgat

Took a break for a week to play through Watch Dogs 2 and now my Titan game has gone to shit. I'm still playing well as a pilot but everyone seems to know all my Scorch tricks now.

Think I might give Ion a try. What loadout do people recommend?

KodaRuss

I just finished the SP after 40h of MP and I'm left speechless.

There are just a lot of badass moments in the game that make you feel like a super hero basically. The one level that everyone talks about is really great but I dont think there were any levels that I disliked and some were just flat out awesome.

My only critism would be fleshing out of the cast of enemies a little more would have done a lot for the game and would help making the boss fights more impactful.

rec0ded1

Tried remote playing the other day on my vita. The aim and fire buttons are on the front screen display and not on the rear touchpad :[ There doesn't seem to be a way to change it either.

deoee

There are just a lot of badass moments in the game that make you feel like a super hero basically. The one level that everyone talks about is really great but I dont think there were any levels that I disliked and some were just flat out awesome.

My only critism would be fleshing out of the cast of enemies a little more would have done a lot for the game and would help making the boss fights more impactful.

Yeah, all the leves were unique and had some twist.
The Titan Pilots were ok for what they were but I found them way to easy to defeat :D.

KodaRuss

Took a break for a week to play through Watch Dogs 2 and now my Titan game has gone to shit. I'm still playing well as a pilot but everyone seems to know all my Scorch tricks now.

Think I might give Ion a try. What loadout do people recommend?

What are your Scorch tricks? Ion is a great one to play as. I run increased Shield and extra dash.

kanuuna

I've got a -43% discount code for the EU PlayStation Store for the Standard Edition that expires in several hours that I don't think I'm going to use. If someone wants it, just PM and I'll reply with the code.

Top Bottom