• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Sojgat

What are your Scorch tricks? Ion is a great one to play as. I run increased Shield and extra dash.

Thanks. Makes sense.

Basically just acting like a sneak fuck. Flanking and boxing groups in from behind with heat shield and firing traps through it to have them retreat back into the fire, using their shield walls against them if they do see me (they usually want to stay behind it). Hit and run by using dash to get back around corners before Tone players can get a shot and chipping at them until they come at me. I'm just super good at hitting pilots and Titans at distance with the thermite launcher. It usually causes people to get aggressive with me, then I destroy the Titan in front by chaining attacks. Everyone seems too smart now (or at least last night they were).

I think I was also calling my Titan in too soon. No one else on my team had theirs so I became a target. Just amazed how bad I got after taking such a short break.

Does anyone know how they work out your net worth? I've got twice as many kills and wins than a few other members in another network I'm on, but for some reason I'm only worth a third of their net worth.

So, I need a montage song. Something short and punchy. Anybody have suggestions?

Does anyone know how they work out your net worth? I've got twice as many kills and wins than a few other members in another network I'm on, but for some reason I'm only worth a third of their net worth.

Net worth is tied to your current network. If you often switch networks, your net worth will be distributed between them.

Zemm

Soooo many people camping windows with Devotion tonight, fucking hell.

I hope this isn't becoming the new meta but the amount of roof camping with cloaks, pilot sentry and devotion I've seen tonight is fucking horrible, shit games all evening.

deoee

Whats the PC playerbase like? Easy to find games in multiple modes?

6500 players online right now, the modes like Attrition, BH, Hardpoint, LTS and Mixtape have enough players. If you play late-night in Europe, just switch to a US data center

Also this posts are really getting out of hand :S

Chris1

I hope this isn't becoming the new meta but the amount of roof camping with cloaks, pilot sentry and devotion I've seen tonight is fucking horrible, shit games all evening.

seeing fucking loads of them on attrition today too

I don't know why i'm hyped for angel city, I can already see turrets and shit ruining the map. I feel like they should ban certain boosts and perks in certain maps kinda like how the extra battery gets automatically replaced in PVP. A small map that embraces the movement like Angel City with people camping rooftops with turrets is just going to ruin it.

Gator86

It's awful and absolutely joyless to play against. That becoming the meta would be the thing that finally gets me to quit playing this. People will always flock to the most bullshit thing in a mp game, but ugh, fuck that noise.

The Kraber isn't so bad once you get Gun Ready. You can get some pretty great close range kills with that.
6500 players online right now, the modes like Attrition, BH, Hardpoint, LTS and Mixtape have enough players. If you play late-night in Europe, just switch to a US data center

Also this posts are really getting out of hand :S
It was ~2500 this time a day a week ago. Some people finally stopped worrying about the playercount and played the game, and look what happened. Once everyone stops worrying about it, the game will have a really solid playerbase.

I bet by January we'll be looking at ~10k concurrent on PC.

Devotion's accuracy at range could definitely use a look.

Right now if you tap the trigger, it's basically a G2A-lite.

deoee

The Kraber isn't so bad once you get Gun Ready. You can get some pretty great close range kills with that.

It was ~2500 this time a day a week ago. Some people finally stopped worrying about the playercount and played the game, and look what happened. Once everyone stops worrying about it, the game will have a really solid playerbase.

I bet by January we'll be looking at ~10k concurrent on PC.

Was it that low?

I honestly don't remember but the numbers were WAY smaller one week ago (like 3500 was the norm)

Patch notes when

Patch notes when we get a new OT title!

E92 M3

It's like you're playing a completely different game lol. None of that happens in the standard modes. Respawn can't be worried about balancing PvP because it will make the rest of the game worse.

Also, camping is boring.

I completely enjoy the game for what it is and there is nothing like it on the market.

Devotion's accuracy at range could definitely use a look.

Right now if you tap the trigger, it's basically a G2A-lite.

I don't like LMGs, but never had an issue with Devotion players. Are we always going to be nerfing stuff that kills efficiently?

Just the road of nerfs is never ending and there will always be something to complain about. The game is amazing as is. I will actually pay Respawn money to not continuously nerf lol. No one likes their favorite stuff getting worse.

Chris1

It's like you're playing a completely different game lol. None of that happens in the standard modes. Respawn can't be worried about balancing PvP because it will make the rest of the game worse.

Also, camping is boring.

I completely enjoy the game for what it is and there is nothing like it on the market.
It might be a regional thing. UK here, seeing them in Attrition. Also Xbox one if that matters.

It's not hard to counter but it's fucking annoying and sucks the fun out of the game.

Gator86

It might be a regional thing. UK here, seeing them in Attrition. Also Xbox one if that matters.

It's not hard to counter but it's fucking annoying and sucks the fun out of the game.

Had a slew of them last in Attrition on PS4 in the US. It's counter-able, but not fun. It's a slog to just sit there peeking around corners whittling down turrets during the entire pilot sections.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the campaign after buying it with the discount on the Origin Store.

One word : awesome. Fuck, everyone should play this. Best shooter campaign in quite a while, for sure.

Also, camping is boring.

I don't like LMGs, but never had an issue with Devotion players. Are we always going to be nerfing stuff that kills efficiently?

Just the road of nerfs is never ending and there will always be something to complain about. The game is amazing as is. I will actually pay Respawn money to not continuously nerf lol. No one likes their favorite stuff getting worse.

I don't think it's beneficial for one weapon to impede on another weapon's place in the sandbox.

The G2A exists to deliver high damage and accuracy at range at the expense of close-range efficacy and rate of fire.

If the Devotion offers all of that PLUS high rate of fire and mid-close range efficacy should you want it, then you've got an unbalanced weapon.

Zemm

Also, camping is boring.

I don't play PvP, I play Attrition 99% of the time. People don't care if they win or not, they'll camp with cloak, with devotion and pilot sentries even if it loses them the game. It's boring to play against.

E92 M3

I play on Xbox as well, and any campers get quickly exterminated - most of the time they don't know what hit them.

Human nature is to be annoyed at things that interfere with our playstyle. You think I don't get annoyed by amped hemlocks? I hate it, but it is what it is. Someone else likes it.

I just learn to deal with everything as it is. Nothing in this game is truly broken. I've been playing shooters for many, many years and it's one of the most balanced out of the box.

I don't play PvP, I play Attrition 99% of the time. People don't care if they win or not, they'll camp with cloak, with devotion and pilot sentries even if it loses them the game. It's boring to play against.

Sure, it's annoying, but doesn't mean there is something wrong with it. They might kill me once, but I will kill them 5 times.

Just wreck those fools. I only play attrition as well. Also, the last time I was killed by a turret was when the game came out.

I don't think it's beneficial for one weapon in impede on another weapon's place in the sandbox.

The G2A exists to deliver high damage and accuracy at range at the expense of close-range efficacy and rate of fire.

If the Devotion offers all of that PLUS high rate of fire and mid-close range efficacy should you want it, then you've got an unbalanced weapon.

Anecdotal, but I've never been killed by Devotion at G2 range. Also, since this game is so fast, all weapons should have general utility. I don't want weapon ranges to become too restrictive like Destiny.

MastAndo

I asked before but thought I'd give it another shot;

How plausible is it to be competitive with a controller in the PC version of this game? I don't own a PS4 Pro, but would like all the graphical bells and whistles, though I much prefer playing games with a controller from the couch. If I'm average on console, would I just get wrecked here?

Chris1

Had a slew of them last in Attrition on PS4 in the US. It's counter-able, but not fun. It's a slog to just sit there peeking around corners whittling down turrets during the entire pilot sections.
Yep

It makes me miss burn cards from TF1, you could only pick one at a time and when you died that was it up to a maximum of 3 per game. Having it as a "perk" or "killstreak" for the entire game, every game only promotes camping I feel.

It's ridiculous how many campers there are in this game when the first one they were virtually non existence

That I like as well. I want every Titan to be strong in the right hands.

--

My teammates gave up when the going got hard, but we could have won. Shit felt bad.

kGA9cZx.png
Every titan is strong in the right hands but tone is strong in anyone's

Gator86

Yep

It makes me miss burn cards from TF1, you could only pick one at a time and when you died that was it up to a maximum of 3 per game. Having it as a "perk" or "killstreak" for the entire game, every game only promotes camping I feel.

It's ridiculous how many campers there are in this game when the first one they were virtually non existence

Oh man, I hated burn cards. Honestly, I hate every card system we've seen in different games over the years. The boosts have felt fine so far, but people will inevitably come up with combinations or strategies that force balance changes, if only for the sake of preventing the game from becoming a dull mess.

Hale_C

Anyone know what the download size (not final disk usage) is on PC? New house, garbage download speed, now I actually need to plan downloads ahead of time.

edit: Sorry, found it in the performance thread OT (27gb for anyone wondering).

Chris1

Oh man, I hated burn cards. Honestly, I hate every card system we've seen in different games over the years. The boosts have felt fine so far, but people will inevitably come up with combinations or strategies that force balance changes, if only for the sake of preventing the game from becoming a dull mess.

I don't think burn cards were perfect but it at least removed the bullshit combos and you couldn't run the same thing every game cause you'd run out of cards. Having it as a perk and "killstreaks" leads to the BS we're seeing now.

UFRA

Has anyone experienced strange map rotations on the PS4 version?

Playing Bounty Hunt, I haven't seen the map Crash Site in LITERALLY 3 weeks. I'll stay in matchmaking (not exit out and re-launch matchmaking) and still get all maps but Crash Site.

In addition to this, sometimes the map rotation is really messed up. I played Exoplanet 3 times in a row, then went to Boomtown, then went to Exoplanet, then went to Boomtown, then finally got a different map...

I'm Gen 4, so you can imagine how many matches I've played, and when I say I haven't seen Crash Site on Bounty Hunt in 3 weeks...not exaggerating. I remember it during launch week for the game, and that was it...

Calderc

Has anyone experienced strange map rotations on the PS4 version?

Playing Bounty Hunt, I haven't seen the map Crash Site in LITERALLY 3 weeks. I'll stay in matchmaking (not exit out and re-launch matchmaking) and still get all maps but Crash Site.

In addition to this, sometimes the map rotation is really messed up. I played Exoplanet 3 times in a row, then went to Boomtown, then went to Exoplanet, then went to Boomtown, then finally got a different map...

I'm Gen 4, so you can imagine how many matches I've played, and when I say I haven't seen Crash Site on Bounty Hunt in 3 weeks...not exaggerating. I remember it during launch week for the game, and that was it...

Been the same for me on Xbox. Hardly play Crash Site, Complex or Homestead on BH. Mostly all Exoplanet, BWC and Boomtown. Usually those 3 over and over.

Gator86

I don't think burn cards were perfect but it at least removed the bullshit combos and you couldn't run the same thing every game cause you'd run out of cards. Having it as a perk and "killstreaks" leads to the BS we're seeing now.

True, but I prefer the less random nature of selectable boosts. I'm fairly sure Respawn will respond if the cloak/devotion/turret meta becomes cancerous. Something about card systems always stresses me out. I never want to use ones so I can save them, sorting through all of them was kind of a hassle, etc.

E92 M3

True, but I prefer the less random nature of selectable boosts. I'm fairly sure Respawn will respond if the cloak/devotion/turret meta becomes cancerous. Something about card systems always stresses me out. I never want to use ones so I can save them, sorting through all of them was kind of a hassle, etc.

I saved all of my rare cards and used the cheap ones lol. Loved the system, though.

Lots of fun!

Debatable :p

We need the patch notes! The anxiety is killing me lol.

Reebot

At this point, its well understood by almost everyone that Tone is the best Titan. She gets near ubiquitous use in practice and has the best kit in theory. You'd have to be blind to argue otherwise.

Hoping for some buffs for the others.

Top Bottom