• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gator86

At this point, its well understood by almost everyone that Tone is the best Titan. She gets near ubiquitous use in practice and has the best kit in theory. You'd have to be blind to argue otherwise.

Hoping for some buffs for the others.

I'm hoping for Tone nerfs and a Northstar buff. I'm skeptical of buffing everything to Tone's level because it's going to lead to power creep and shorter TTKs for titan fights. I like their current duration and Titans feel pretty good overall now. A big buff to Ronin or Ion and titans are going to be getting shredded in seconds all over the place.

FStop7

Banned
I wish you could issue basic commands to your team's Reapers.

Devotion's pretty good but the catch is that it takes a couple of seconds for it to spin up.

Zemm

Yeah Ion v Tone is equal at best (for Ion). I'd put it in favour of Tone too.

Do people think we're going to get actual tweaks to Titans and abilities (outside of cloak which they've said they'll do) in this next patch? I don't see it happening.

iddqd

I asked before but thought I'd give it another shot;

How plausible is it to be competitive with a controller in the PC version of this game? I don't own a PS4 Pro, but would like all the graphical bells and whistles, though I much prefer playing games with a controller from the couch. If I'm average on console, would I just get wrecked here?

I know people that fair fine with it. You might have issues in the more vertical maps but I doubt it would be an issue if your just playing casual matches.

And for the ION vs TONE talk,
I pretty much focus on ION and I rarely win duels against TONE.
ION uses the same energy for Shield and Laser Gun while the normal Gun does not enough damage.
So while fighting I'm trying to keep the shield up removing my ability to use the laser or drouble spread of my normal gun.
Zipping around is rarly a big help because of TONE's tracking.

Gotta get better I guess.

Only thing annoying me with TONE is how he deals with Pilots, getting killed while being "safe" in a house is lame

Gator86

;( i don't think so anymore

not in a 1v1 ~ in a typical game with distractions, sure

Agreed. I'm not sure how Ion beats Tone straight up in a vacuum or during average play. A shield only functions to delay unless you're at point blank range and Tone unloads everything she has into it. Most competent people will just fire intermittently to force Ion to pull the shield up more than necessary and drain her energy. Once her energy is low/gone, Tone tears her limb from limb in seconds because her burst and sustained DPS is so much higher.

E92 M3

;( i don't think so anymore

not in a 1v1 ~ in a typical game with distractions, sure

I disagree. Tone destroys everyone.

I'm testing it out tonight. Ion is wrecking Tones! Will report more.

Fine. FINE.

An excerpt:

(No; I know. We want to share too.)

Fair enough ;)

--

Btw, every match I am dying to pilots because I think they are bots. I have a lot of trouble telling the difference between them sometimes.

I rarely lose 1v1 battles against Tones, at worst I'm able to disengage unscathed, if you have amp vortex shield you do serious damage against Tones and your laser shot can comfortably outshot the 40mm.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Spread the word!

oZcoHUK.png

Legit answer from my BFF a few hours back. There. And I got pretty much the same reaction from most of the people I've told about the game. L-A-M-E.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I rarely lose 1v1 battles against Tones, at worst I'm able to disengage unscathed, if you have amp vortex shield you do serious damage against Tones and your laser shot can comfortably outshot the 40mm.

Ah, I usually play Ronin and unless I sneak up on a Tone I have no chance, and by the end of the ambush (unless they are a particularly shit player) my titan's usually suffered enough damage that I wouldn't survive another encounter.

Dantis

I feel like the game isn't really balanced for FFA. I love the idea, but some of the boosts properly break it. Pilot turrets are especially frustrating.

I'd also really appreciate standard Team Deathmatch with no bots.

UFRA

Been the same for me on Xbox. Hardly play Crash Site, Complex or Homestead on BH. Mostly all Exoplanet, BWC and Boomtown. Usually those 3 over and over.

Thanks. Glad to know (well, not glad, but you know what I mean lol) that it's not just a bug I'm having or something.

Hopefully they fix that.

deoee

oZcoHUK.png

Legit answer from my BFF a few hours back. There. And I got pretty much the same reaction from most of the people I've told about the game. L-A-M-E.

There was this "challenge" on reddit:

because of all the discounts, buy a friend Titanfall 2. If he likes it, he buys you another game you choose for about the same price. If he does not like it... well I'm sure this won't happen ;)

SwolBro

Banned
MP balance is and will always be one of the hardest things to do in Game Development. What viable MP game was perfect out of the gate?

Metas change quickly and many times in unforseen ways for every game. Respawn has shown that they will change the game as they see fit but the constant nagging of Cloak being OP is getting tiresome. Each Pilot has other abilities that you can use to confuse and disrupt your enemy.
Balancing is hard but there are so many things that even before stepping foot in the real world i could tell you that it would be a problem.

It's not all about balance. Some mechanics and elements can detract from a game even if they are balanced.
Exactly.

Soooo many people camping windows with Devotion tonight, fucking hell.

I hope this isn't becoming the new meta but the amount of roof camping with cloaks, pilot sentry and devotion I've seen tonight is fucking horrible, shit games all evening.
It seems like people are picking this up right now.
I play on Xbox as well, and any campers get quickly exterminated - most of the time they don't know what hit them.

Human nature is to be annoyed at things that interfere with our playstyle. You think I don't get annoyed by amped hemlocks? I hate it, but it is what it is. Someone else likes it.
Not sure if you know what camping means. We're not talking about people just sitting crouched down in the bushes...

And it's also not about being taken out of your specific playstyle so much as being taken out of Titanfall play style. If you're playing a mobile shooter but can't be mobile because people are picking you off while cloaked and using a 1-2 shot kill weapon.. well, that sucks.

PVP is different than attrition. Some of the overpowered aspects stick out more.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
And yeah, I know that I can get annoying with my anti-nerf stance on most things lol.

Eh, I get it. I'm usually anit-nerf in most affairs but I've been getting so fed up with Tone. Mostly because everyone keeps using her. I can't tell you how many Last Titan standing matches I've played and been stuck playing with a team with mostly Tones. And worst part, we don't get destroyed nearly as often or as hard as we should ;/

Shit, just bought it but Titanfall 2 runs pretty crappy on my laptop. I have a 970m and i7-6700hq with 16gb RAM and other games that look way better like DOOM run much better than this. The game stutters a lot even if i reduce settings... is there a return policy with origin like with steam?

deoee

Shit, just bought it but Titanfall 2 runs pretty crappy on my laptop. I have a 970m and i7-6700hq with 16gb RAM and other games that look way better like DOOM run much better than this. The game stutters a lot even if i reduce settings... is there a return policy with origin like with steam?

There was this thread with insane tuning for the game, might give this a try before returning (yes, there's a 24h no questions asked policy and a month "it doesnt run" policy iirc)

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
There was this "challenge" on reddit:

because of all the discounts, buy a friend Titanfall 2. If he likes it, he buys you another game you choose for about the same price. If he does not like it... well I'm sure this won't happen ;)

Eeeeeh, actually you know, I did that twice in the past... and both games he prolly played like 1h combined, tops. Plus he can definitely afford it (way more than me) and, wait now that I think of it I also got him a free Overwatch key I won at an event organized at work : played just once. He dead in his heart man.

Anyway, played MP a bit : five matches, lost all of 'em despite being top score almost everytime. Team wasn't really on point I guess, often felt quite alone on some capture points. But that's what I love about this game, unlike Overwatch for example, even If I mainly lose all my matches I'll still have a blast playing cause it's just so fun and feels so good.

Also wish Ronin didn't get demolished so quick, he's awesome but it seems people all pick up the same Titan and destroy everyone with it (I think it's Tone, the one I saw mentioned here).

deoee

Eeeeeh, actually you know, I did that twice in the past... and both games he prolly played like 1h combined, tops. Plus he can definitely afford it (way more than me) and, wait now that I think of it I also got him a free Overwatch key I won at an event organized at work : played just once. He dead in his heart man.

Anyway, played MP a bit : five matches, lost all of 'em despite being top score almost everytime. Team wasn't really on point I guess, often felt quite alone on some capture points. But that's what I love about this game, unlike Overwatch for example, even If I mainly lose all my matches I'll still have a blast playing cause it's just so fun and feels so good.

Also wish Ronin didn't get demolished so quick, he's awesome but it seems people all pick up the same Titan and destroy everyone with it (I think it's Tone, the one I saw mentioned here).

Wow that's ... a horrible quota :D

Hope he'll come back to you someday :(

Really loving Ion now. That moment you kill two pilots with one laser... Mwa.

Key seems to be have two dashes, keep long range as much as you can and have extra length laser core buff. That thing is insane.

Seriously will be a shame if the player base falls off any time soon. The movement, aiming and titan combat are all really great. Just needs some better maps.

Oh and team scoring is a bit annoying. Had several games im low on board because while i doomed several titans someone else finished them off. I mean what ever it helps the team win but it should prob be reflected in your score or stats more. If someone ejects do you get a titan kill score if you doomed it?

duxstar

Jesus christ I'm carrying teams now with the EPG ..... which isnt even good. I hate that i have this strange desire to level up all the weapons to regen =/

Keihart

You just have to learn to lead. Good softball use doesn't come from splash damage, it comes from nailing targets and sticking them.

recently started playing with the sofball...balls of fun i tell you. Nothing like sticking your balls to an enemy pilot. The real tea baggin of Titanfall 2 you might say.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Popping in just to say that even if I hate the mp as much as I did in the tech test, the game is totally worth it for the campaign. So many awesome and unique ideas. Incredible stuff!

I think there might be something on your end; I get decent performance with a 3rd gen i7, a GT750M, and 8 gigs ram. You try turning on dynamic res?

garath

Seems like PC attrition numbers for the new York data center has been climbing little by little. On release the 7-9pm slot was about 1200 people. Now it's over 1500. Small increases but increases nonetheless. Encouraging!

Just had a camper's paradise match on Boomtown. And on PC, so it does happen. There's like the whole team on rooftops sniping everyone. And some pilot turrets too. We still won though.

Top Bottom