• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Pikelet

Freaking love this game but hate hate hate that the low player count on the Australian servers means that i can never get a game in any mode except for Attrition.

It makes for a bad feedback loop too: No one here can ever get a CTF game, and so nobody ever even tries to queue for it. No one queues for it and so no one can get a game!

The simple solution is to have it be like Rocket League: Allow users to search for a game with multiple game modes selected at the same time.

With this system in place there might actually be enough people out there who would put CTF as a second or third option, and thus I might actually get to try out those modes!

Gator86

I wish there was better skill mtaching, way to many blow outs in this game.

The way they seem to split the game into regions and such, there probably isn't the population for it. It seems way less than 1, but things can snowball quickly. The lack of regen shields on titans does make comebacks a lot easier though.

FStop7

Banned
Switched to Infinite Warfare until the TF2 servers hopefully get righted tonight. Goddamn IW is so drab. It's so sluggish and has the strangest atmosphere. Like being in the waiting room of a hospital.

This is my last chance to play anything for over a week so hopefully I can get some more TF2 in tonight.

Pejo

I got this game last night, put in about an hour before I had to leave for vacation. I really like the story, but the default right analog sensitivity feels off on PS4. I'll play around with it later. So far the campaign is actually pretty neat. It gives me Halo 1 vibes.

I've only made it to collecting the first battery though. I'm really excited to get back into it.

That burst rifle is my favorite so far, then again I'm always a sucker for a 3 shot burst.

Gator86

Pilots vs Pilots is the shittiest mode ever.

Every. Person. Camps.

I'm sure. Nothing about it sounds fun. The titans and the titan/pilot dynamic are the best part of the game. Take that away and you have...a really good COD game? Not bad by any means, but definitely not what draws me to this franchise.

Dez_

Everyone seeing the exceptionally bad lag, anyone NOT in SoCal?

I had a moment where I was trying to out run a nuclear ejection, but my ping spiked to 1000+ for just that moment and I couldn't move forward and well...

SoCal here, last few nights have been giving me some issues, when the rest of the time it works perfectly, but I've been chalking it up to my cable internet doing what it's random stuff.

Revas

What sensitivity is everyone rocking? I'm on default, but idk if I can get in the top 3 for the gauntlet. Any suggestions/tips?

Default, steady curve, aggressive sensitivity curve on left stick, smooth sensitivity curve on right stick (Elite Controller).

I've only run the gauntlet a few times with this setup but it's super smooth for me.

dankir

Can somebody explain how I didn't get a good match performance merit for this game? Yeah we lost but I was really surprised I didn't get it. I check the match summary a few times just to be sure.

Screenshot-Original.png

Also Legion is my shit now, smart core is basically free goosers, but if the pilot is cloaked it won't auto lock on? I'm really happy with this last pilot kill, wonder if it was a gooser or not in the end.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/23835440

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The past few days I've been getting more into the MP of this. I love it. I think this may be the most complete FPS package I've played in a very long time.

Need to play with some gaffers more. Just been soloing with randoms.

Gator86

I eagerly await the end of Tonefall. Outside of whether Tone is too strong or not, I'm fucking tired of seeing 4 of them on both teams every goddamn game. It's fucking boring. Get fucked, Tone.

Pat_DC

Freaking love this game but hate hate hate that the low player count on the Australian servers means that i can never get a game in any mode except for Attrition.

I am looking at buying this to mainly check out the SP as it will be cheap at a lot of places tomorrow. Just wondering what platform you are on? I am thinking of picking it up on ps4.

I really enjoyed TF1 on pc but playing on the aus servers meant the population died really quickly.

Zackat

So I bought this game tonight. I am kind of amazed at how good the campaign is so far. I hope this game gets a resurgence in sales for that alone. I haven't hit MP yet, how is that?

Gator86

I'm on PC, are there any PC players here? I wanna play through the campaign first then I will start with some MP I think.

I'm on PS4, but all the populations seem stable and growing, I believe. It depends a little on where you live. If you're working 3rd shift in Australia, you might have trouble. Otherwise, you should be able to find games incredibly quickly for almost all the modes.

Can somebody explain how I didn't get a good match performance merit for this game? Yeah we lost but I was really surprised I didn't get it. I check the match summary a few times just to be sure.

Screenshot-Original.png

Also Legion is my shit now, smart core is basically free goosers, but if the pilot is cloaked it won't auto lock on? I'm really happy with this last pilot kill, wonder if it was a gooser or not in the end.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/23835440

good perf merits are based on a challenge you gotta complete. in attrition its kill 3 pilots w/o dying. bounty hunt is bank 600

It's well worth the price. It's well worth it's original asking price. I bought Battlefield 1 upon release and after playing Titanfall 2, I'm having a hard time going back to Battlefield 1. I can jump in, play a few quick matches and jump off.

Same here. Didnt think it would as bf operations is really good. But this thing is starting to get its hooks in me.

Fast smooth highly mobile combat.
Nice quick matches
Not to many weapon unlocks (good thing to me) and tons of skin unlocks
Titans
Free DLC.

Im really impressed to be honest.

Good night, only got a few games in, but finally got a tiny GAF party going

Respawn you gotta let us re-send the "invite network" from inside a party, its really weird having to back out of the matchmaking queue AND the party to get the option again.

And I know its a long shot, but I hope we get the option to switch to 1st person animations for Titan entry & Executions, I miss these dearly

Mdk7

I started the campaign yesterday, got to
the time switch
part.
It's certainly good, I won't deny that, but frankly not as jawdropping as I expected it to be.
I mean people were describing it as the next big thing or something, and while being absolutely fun and with a nice rhythm, up to this point it's nowhere near the level of DOOM in my opinion.
Also, I don't know why, it might be me but I have this weird and vague impression the original somehow had better controls, but I can't figure out exactly why.

J.G.

Neo Member
If there's a needless but welcome 'quality of life' change I'd appreciate, it'd be the ability to change the background of the multiplayer menu according to your faction; right now it seems too plain. I'd like to see Barker and co. in the bar if you choose ACE, or an advanced IMC research lab if you choose ARES, etc.

Pachimari

The campaign really picked up, wow. That device from Major Anderson was phenomenal and a lot of fun to use. Now, we just did a titanfall and we are going all in! Do I have a long way to go still?

Daigoro

between all of the great word of mouth here and a good friend who i texted tonight when i mentioned i was thinking about buying it replied "i LOOOOOVE it", it seems like a very safe bet that im going to enjoy 2.

that and the free maps thing, which i didnt realize was a thing until tonight. thats a huge selling point and really the way that i think all MP games should be (i know im going to get pissed when BF starts cranking out the map packs like BF4 did and i have to deal with the different hoppers and fractured player base).

so yeah. im really inspired and excited to give 2 a try, and hopefully i like it as much as i did 1.

thx for the replies.

Top Bottom