• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Popping in just to say that even if I hate the mp as much as I did in the tech test, the game is totally worth it for the campaign. So many awesome and unique ideas. Incredible stuff!

It's really damn good, I just completed it and had an absolute blast with new things introduced similar every level.

zou

any way to disable the titan/boost notification?

once is fine but it keeps spamming the UI and it's way too busy as it is.

any way to disable the titan/boost notification?

once is fine but it keeps spamming the UI and it's way too busy as it is.

Yeah, wish there was a toggle to disable that and the smoke notification. Keeping the "pulse" effect while disabling the text would be ideal.

AEREC

Just double dipped on PC (already have PS4 version). Hopefully I can get 60 fps on my old CPU (i7-870) and 970 4GB. Is this a CPU heavy game? The gauntlet part seemed to run fine with everything at max except for textures at medium.

Just finished the campaign. Started a little slow but man did it finish well. A very solid, excellent paced, fun, not too serious campaign. Really want to see what else they can do.

SwolBro

Banned
am i out of it today? is the connection just bad? OR have they been changing shit on the fly without telling us????????????

because for some reason i feel like the volt is harder to aim, and the 201 had a slight reduction in range or damage at range. the fuck is going on? this could explain the sudden uptick in devotion dominance today.

but maybe i'm just tired or something.

Rayme

110 on PC too? Current cap is 90.
...you've been hurt before, haven't you? Oh my gentle Bornstellar; you are safe now. You are home.

OR have they been changing shit on the fly without telling us????????????

Making any changes the day or two before the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend (barring some sort of severe problem with the game) would be potentially suicidal. It's the same game you played yesterday. =)

SwolBro

Banned
Making any changes the day or two before the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend (barring some sort of severe problem with the game) would be potentially suicidal. It's the same game you played yesterday. =)

i felt it yesterday to though =D

not detailing changes made in the last update is going to start making people paranoid!

Neptonic

Just finished the campaign in 2 sittings today. Jesus this game lived up to the GAF hype. Really hoping for singleplayer or horde mode DLC. Hopefully it'll get a sequel one day.

Geist-

Finally got the pinup girl for Tone. I shouldn't like it as much as I do, but I do lol.
jdFvpbd.jpg
Although I feel like this was a missed opportunity to create pinup boys as well, considering some of the banners:
KdBKldy.jpg

TripOpt55

I just finished the campaign and absolutely loved it. My first experience with the series and I'm super impressed. I love really mobile combat and this delivers there. The action sequences are great. The platforming is surprisingly good for an FPS. I loved that power you get in a level midway through the game (on L1), so cool. The titan gameplay is really fun too and I enjoyed seeing what each new loadout would bring. BT was very funny as well. Man this really exceeded my expectations. I will probably replay it. One of my favorite FPS campaigns.

FStop7

Banned
Got two games in a row with some really gnarly lag on the Salt Lake data center. My controller was constantly vibrating and it felt like my character was anchored to the ground. I couldn't run more than a short distance before being stuck in place again. Movement was very jerky and sometimes I'd get stuck in mid air. Ping times jumped up to 185ms when they are normally 48-65.

Gator86

...you've been hurt before, haven't you? Oh my gentle Bornstellar; you are safe now. You are home.

FOV increase will be glorious. PS Pro already worth it.

It's going to be a long weekend with 6 man cloak/devotion/turret/Tone squads.

Daigoro

so, all maps and everything for this game are free? i didnt realize that.

that and the good word of mouth the game have been getting make me want to buy it even though i didnt love the beta.

Gator86

Just dropped a 225 point attrition game where I almost outscored the enemy team by myself. I should retire from Titanfall now because I'm not going to beat that.

so, all maps and everything for this game are free? i didnt realize that.

that and the good word of mouth the game have been getting make me want to buy it even though i didnt love the beta.

It's the most fun I've had with multiplayer. I enjoyed the campaign as well. Great game. My GOTY

It's one of the smoothest games I've ever played.

Daigoro

It's the most fun I've had with multiplayer. I enjoyed the campaign as well. Great game. My GOTY

I didnt love the beta and it's currently my goty

been reading a lot of this and that's helping push me towards a sale. i was gonna wait until it dropped to a crazy low price like 1 did (which i bought at full price at release and LOVED), but people seem to really like it and no DLC splitting of the community is a huge plus for me.

really wasnt feeling the beta and BF1 has its hooks in me still, but for $35 i think should just buy it.

been reading a lot of this and that's helping push me towards a sale. i was gonna wait until it dropped to a crazy low price like 1 did (which i LOVED), but people seem to really like it and no DLC splitting of the community is a huge plus for me.

really wasnt feeling the beta and BF1 has its hooks in me still, but for $35 i think should just buy it.

It's well worth the price. It's well worth it's original asking price. I bought Battlefield 1 upon release and after playing Titanfall 2, I'm having a hard time going back to Battlefield 1. I can jump in, play a few quick matches and jump off.

been reading a lot of this and that's helping push me towards a sale. i was gonna wait until it dropped to a crazy low price like 1 did (which i bought at full price at release and LOVED), but people seem to really like it and no DLC splitting of the community is a huge plus for me.

I am a long time BF fan and had fun with BF1 but I haven't wanted to touch it since TF2 dropped. Tried to get back into it but the movement and aiming felt so clunky and load and spawn times feel like forever , in contrast to TF2. There is definitely a learning curve and you have to learn the game modes and titans but TF2 has ruined other shooters for me. I'm prob trading BF1 in this weekend and will pick it back up when premium is cheap
Balance is pretty great and then there's the awesome campaign... It's a fantastic package

I am a long time BF fan and had fun with BF1 but I haven't wanted to touch it since TF2 dropped. Tried to get back into it but the movement and aiming felt so clunky and load and spawn times feel like forever , in contrast to TF2. There is definitely a learning curve and you have to learn the game modes and titans but TF2 has ruied other shooters for me. I'm prob trading BF1 in this weekend and will pick it back up when premium is cheap

Sounds like me. I probably won't trade in BF1, but if I could go back knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have picked up BF1 when I did. It's just been collecting dust since Titanfall 2 came out.

Thanks!

Looks like it's $28 on Wal-Mart's site.

Awesome. Well worth the price, my friend. That's an absolute steal for this game.

Top Bottom