• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

i keep seeing on GAF about how great the campaign is, can someone compare it to other campaigns so i can gauge it better?

It has the pace of Vanguish campaign, Super Mario Bros ideas and the invention of an Half Life.
It looks, (specially) sounds and controls amazingly.

I love this game so much. I need Gundam Skins dlc.

Mechazawa

good perf merits are based on a challenge you gotta complete. in attrition its kill 3 pilots w/o dying. bounty hunt is bank 600

They really should do something about the visibility of those challenges. I forget they exist 90% of the time.

And by 90% of the time, I mean 100% of the time.

Greddleok

I always thought it was for placing in the top 3 of your team, but when I think of it I had a few games where I placed bottom and still got "good performance."

Where DO you look them up?

B3N1

I always thought it was for placing in the top 3 of your team, but when I think of it I had a few games where I placed bottom and still got "good performance."

Where DO you look them up?
You press pause, and see a checklist on the bottom right. If it's filled, you get the good perf bonus.

I'm more excited for high fov than I thought I'd be. Still hoping for some helmet patches for the Campaign.

And reading the previous posts, I decided to give the Devotion a try later today.

Edit:
So it actually amps the GUN not just global dmg boost?
So if I use amp and switch to titan weapon its not amped?

If you see the orange crosshair, you're firing amped rounds imo (thats how it workd in Titanfall1)

Greddleok

Thanks, haven't really paused much. I only found out you can change your titan/pilot during the match today -_-

I'm really liking the random bonus. It's a lot more fun than just sticking to map hack or amped weapons.

Vipu

Banned
Just double dipped on PC (already have PS4 version). Hopefully I can get 60 fps on my old CPU (i7-870) and 970 4GB. Is this a CPU heavy game? The gauntlet part seemed to run fine with everything at max except for textures at medium.

970 here and fps mostly over 100

E92 M3

I tried PvP last night and while still placing top, it was way toooooooo campy. Dudes just chilling on rooftops. I'll be sticking with attrition.

FStop7

Banned
I tried PvP last night and while still placing top, it was way toooooooo campy. Dudes just chilling on rooftops. I'll be sticking with attrition.

I saw it happening more in Attrition last night. Mostly grapples and stims.

Make the rooftops out of bounds. 8 second timer.

It's pretty bad in the pilots versus pilots playlist because everyone there is super familiar with the mode and their playstyle for it, but in mixed 6 vs 6 I think it plays pretty well. People tend to continue their playstyle across modes. As in, they play in a way that's closer to how they would in attrition, running around and whatnot.

With that said it's not hard to run and gun and avoid the rooftop campers even in PvP, but it is definitely the easiest way to play in my opinion.

Just finished "the mission" everyone is talking about in single player. It was...Okay?

So far the campaign is like good I just don't see how people were hailing this as the second coming.

GWX

FoV settings on consoles would be the bomb, gimme plz. Also, gimme a playlist which consists of Attrition matches in Angel City only.

Vipu

Banned
Angel City will be a rude awakening for campers.

3 lane map design is the problem.

And happy Turkey Day, y'all

I dont get how people say its not good for campers.
I have not played TF1 but videos I have seen it looks like big city with lots of buildings with lots of camping spots.

E92 M3

I have not played TF1 but videos I have seen it looks like big city with lots of buildings with lots of camping spots.

Well, there you go, you haven't played it ;) Angel City promotes mobility. The moment you start chilling for too long someone will be behind you.

You'll see.

How far am I in the campaign, if I am at the point where
we do our first Titanfall and invade with a lot of mechs
?

Near the end. That mission took me 15 mins. The last 2 were about 40 mins combined.

Just finished "the mission" everyone is talking about in single player. It was...Okay?

So far the campaign is like good I just don't see how people were hailing this as the second coming.

It comes from very low expectations. I honestly find most singleplayer shooter campaigns boring shooting galleries these days. Bf 1 while pretty i also find really boring.

This year had Doom which i consider legitimately amazing. Thats the first fps campaign in a while i truly enjoyed. Then this came along and while not Doom levels of awesome had great gameplay, a somewhat interesting relationship with a giant heartless mech a decent for a video game story and some cool level gimicks.

Its short and fun. You can easily look past the uninteresting characters in the game because of it.

Is it actually amazing? No not really but it was a lot of fun and its multiplayer is pretty fucking great.

FStop7

Banned
robots are fueled by alcohol silly

That would be an amazing Easter egg. When it's Barker and a crew of all Stims or Phases the opening sequence is them getting trashed before jumping out. Or, Barker promises them booze and the robots give each other confused looks, shrug, and jump.

TheRed

Ion is bae. I have not gotten tired of her after 30 hours of play and still haven't even tried any other titans lol. I may have to buy that Ion Prime skin when it comes out.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Most of the action is taking place outside, and plenty of means to escape a shooter's LOS means people constantly move. Rooftop campers will also be much more exposed here as well. Can't wait to see it with an upgraded look, I know that map and the others like the back of my hand, it will be nice having a small advantage against new players :D

Lastnight our team was punished by one of the best Ronin players I've seen so far on Xbox. It inspired me to give the titan a go at some point because lately it's been nothing but Tone for me (and a little ion / scorch)

It was ctf and while kills don't normally matter, he ended with freaking 40 pilot kills and distracted us all enough for his teammates to cap. He was just all over the map and moving like crazy, I was amazed.

Revas

Players can get from one side of the map to the other really quickly. There's a number of vantage points but it actually works against you as a camper because people that are on the move can shoot/get to you easily.

Chris1

Angel City will be a rude awakening for campers.

3 lane map design is the problem.

And happy Turkey Day, y'all

I can see Angel City being a camp fest with turrets and shit in the game.

Titanfall 1 there was literally no reason to camp at all, it didn't help you and only made you stick out like a sore thumb and get you killed as you had nothing to defend yourself. Sure you had burn cards for cloak, but one death and it was gone, and that's assuming you even had a cloak burn card to begin with. Titanfall 2 you will always have cloak, you will always have turrets and you will always have whatever other bullshit people come up with.

Titanfall 2 you've always got cloak, now you've got turrets and stuff to help defend yourself from being picked off. My excitement for Angel City has dropped a lot cause I can already see turrets on top of rooftops ruining the flow of the map and since it's a tiny map to begin with, one turret will be covering most of the map.

I think certain perks and boosts need to be banned on certain maps, similar to how the extra battery is replaced in PVP. I don't think boosts like turrets is going to work on every single map.

Greddleok

Guys be honest, how bad is camping and stationary players?

CoD is practically unplayable cause of these dweebs.

In attrition or bounty hunt it's not a problem. Come across a camper occasionally, but you just return from a different angle and wreck them.

Also so many Tones around that you can can see people through buildings a lot.

Top Bottom