• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

jrcbandit

Is it worth getting the game solely for the single player? I didn't play Titanfall multi for more than a couple of days so I doubt I'd get into the multiplayer here either.

amardilo

My movement tends to not great with a mouse and keyboard.

How is this on PC with a Xbox One controller (for single and multiplayer)?

bearbomb

Neo Member
Is it worth getting the game solely for the single player? I didn't play Titanfall multi for more than a couple of days so I doubt I'd get into the multiplayer here either.

I wouldn't think so just because it's about a 5 or 6 hour campaign I don't know if that warrants $60/$80 (depending if you're US or CAN) tbh. If you were interested in JUST the campaign I would wait until it's cheaper.

Keasar

One more thing.

I hate when you have a competitive focused game and there are straight upgrades to weaponry that you have to unlock through tedious use in order to be at a competitive level. For example, the basic Assault rifle comes with absolutely no mods or sight options etc. when you use it out of the box, you have to grind with it in order to give it upgrades. And these upgrades doesn't remove anything if you apply them, they just straight up make the weapon better with no drawbacks. Bigger magazine, faster reloads, stuff like that.

Weapons in a multiplayer game like this should come with a basic set of mods for each weapon that you unlock options for so you can switch them out. Therefore, all weapons are maximally upgraded for all players and the field is completely level from the get go.

Strakt

So people only q for Attrition / Bounty Hunt/ Coliseum on East coast data center it seems

Still havent been able to try CTF / FFA / or LTS

Also since everyone is put in the ADV network by default, and it shows 795 members on... does that mean the game only has 795 pc active users?

KodaRuss

That actually fits a persons head? Damn if I had extra cash to waste..

Yeah, he said that he has a pretty big head and the helmet is huge. Someone suggested that you can adjust the size somehow but that was not confirmed either way.

I wont be getting it but its still really cool.

Kinda miss seeing how many people were playing each playlist, I'm guessing that won't be added?
I have a feeling it is to avoid people massing into one playlist because they know that is where the majority of people are. I am sure it will be added later once the game's initial crowd has dwindled a bit.

MrBlonde

I seriously can't keep up with my current games and was going to pass on this but I think I'm going to buy it today. Since I am not a battlefield player and passing on COD why not plus free DLC, sold. I liked the first one but didn't stick with it for some reason so hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Izuna

Banned
Hey, I have a question about that Titan you're using.

I don't get the RB (right bumper) attack. Seems weird. Am I supposed to be pressing and holding the button or something?

Also, switching range modes via Y. Would would close range be better than long range? In that case, wouldn't you just always want long range?

That was one of the few matched I had played just before heading to bed. Maybe you already know this:

Legion requires you to be shooting to use the RB powers.

I think long-range may do more damage (but less FoV of course) but I'm not sure. It's RB power is less spread. The default RB is a shotgun-like.

You don't really need to aim with this Titan it seems haha.

Fuck yes. Nuclear eject is cancer and I'm glad it's harder to use now.

So many uses for many abilities has been nerfed to uselessness. It's a fucking shame really. I literally do not understand this particular change, it's a sacrifice in order to do it.

This game is Xbox Record that/Gif heaven.

IdxYRcg.gif

Chris1

Not quite on TF1 level but I am liking multiplayer a bit more than in the tech test, not sure why though. Can't pinpoint anything but it just feels slightly better.

It does, with two button presses. I assume XB1 + Kinect is pretty quick, but I'm not sure how recording works without a kinect on XB1.

Xbox record that just turns the last 30 seconds of recorded footage into its own video. You can do that with the PS4 as well, both with 2 button presses or through voice activation.

daedalius

So they brought attrition back and the new Titans look awesome... I was kind of turned off by the beta, but this looks too awesome.

Not to mention all the cool stuff I've heard about the campaign.

Guess I'm getting it!

Bydobob

Had to stop playing the campaign after an hour due to motion sickness. This never happened to me in countless marathon sessions of Titanfall. That's quite worrying.

Enjoyed what I played of the campaign though. Slide mechanic is a great addition and feels really natural. Titans are going to take a lot more practice though, amazing how ingrained hitting space bar for dash is, and relying on your shield regen.

PC players. What are you guys using for ingame sensitivity? I am currently using a ZA12 at 1600dpi and can't find something that feel good to me.

For reference in OW I play on 2.5 in game sensitivity since I usually play hitscan characters and like the precision. Haven't been able to emulate the same feel in this game yet. The pace is higher though so I just might need to adjust to the game speed.

In the tech test it was recommended (and i found it to be superior as well) to switch the controls to classic... Is that still what's going on or are people finding the new, default control scheme to work??

Izuna

Banned
In today's news of design choices and common annoyances in this game (that weren't in R1):

- Air-control requires you to strafe in the direction you want to turn, otherwise you'res locking into a direction (you can't just look where you want to go).

- If you spawn a Titan and then die as it's dropping, you can literally spawn on the other side of the map, making it not entirely possible to get there before the Dome finishes.

- Lack of music is just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- This is something that was kinda in the original, but I'd like to remove the notification for when I get new "pain" or at least not have it shout "New!" next to Customize

- Map designer's choice to troll with putting barriers in Windows... (Eden for example). You prick ;(

- Sonar makes up at least 33% of all encounters in the average game...

---

Am I nit-picking? Yes. But the combination is all of this is making every single game have one or two frustrating moments. Perhaps it's just me, but even if I performed terribly I still felt good overall in almost every match of R1. Deaths are far more frustrating here.

Like, I felt like my last game was annoying winning and doing $2350 / 12. It's in the regions of the highest score I can get with decent opponents and yet I feel like garbage. Smart Core specifically has just removed any dopamine related to Goosers.

---

I'm loving how the EPG-1 is basically my go-to in Bounty Hunt. It's a shame Arc Grenades are no longer what I'd use, but that's fine. I love the Tactikill upgrade. Look how much chrage it gives me towards Stim:

jy1jaJQ.gif

In the tech test it was recommended (and i found it to be superior as well) to switch the controls to classic... Is that still what's going on or are people finding the new, default control scheme to work??

Classic IS the default scheme now.

Top Bottom