• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Guys be honest, how bad is camping and stationary players?

CoD is practically unplayable cause of these dweebs.

In normal Titanfall problems it's no problem.

I can see Angel City being a camp fest with turrets and shit in the game.

Titanfall 1 there was literally no reason to camp at all, it didn't help you and only made you stick out like a sore thumb and get you killed as you had nothing to defend yourself. Sure you had burn cards for cloak, but one death and it was gone, and that's assuming you even had a cloak burn card to begin with. Titanfall 2 you will always have cloak, you will always have turrets and you will always have whatever other bullshit people come up with.

Titanfall 2 you've always got cloak, now you've got turrets and stuff to help defend yourself from being picked off. My excitement for Angel City has dropped a lot cause I can already see turrets on top of rooftops ruining the flow of the map and since it's a tiny map to begin with, one turret will be covering most of the map.

I think certain perks and boosts need to be banned on certain maps, similar to how the extra battery is replaced in PVP. I don't think boosts like turrets is going to work on every single map.

Unless you're walking in straight lines turrets are useless.

Revas

Titanfall 1 there was literally no reason to camp at all, it didn't help you and only made you stick out like a sore thumb and get you killed as you had nothing to defend yourself. Sure you had burn cards for cloak, but one death and it was gone, and that's assuming you even had a cloak burn card to begin with. Titanfall 2 you will always have cloak, you will always have turrets and you will always have whatever other bullshit people come up with.

Titanfall 2 you've always got cloak, now you've got turrets and stuff to help defend yourself from being picked off. My excitement for Angel City has dropped a lot cause I can already see turrets on top of rooftops ruining the flow of the map and since it's a tiny map to begin with, one turret will be covering most of the map.

I think certain perks and boosts need to be banned on certain maps, similar to how the extra battery is replaced in PVP. I don't think boosts like turrets is going to work on every single map.

Turrets are dumb. However, unless they have unlimited range 1 won't cover most of the map. Angel City isn't a small map in my book. Cloak may be problematic, but that's cloak in general.

It's Thanksgiving, and all I wanna do is play more Titanfall... I sorta wish I had a console I could travel with now.
Everyone seeing the exceptionally bad lag, anyone NOT in SoCal?
Oh, so those horrible lag spikes I was getting on Tuesday evening were a known issue in SoCal? It felt like I was moving through molasses with how bad it was.

That said, some people I were playing with were having issues and they were in Illinois and Washington.
I'm on PC, are there any PC players here? I wanna play through the campaign first then I will start with some MP I think.
There's a ton of us on PC! Join TitanGAF and see the second post for links to a couple Discord servers to hook up with other GAF players.
I doubt it. If they don't add any out of bounds areas, I can't think of a single spot in Angel City where you could place a turret and not flank it easily. I'm more concerned about Pilot on Titan combat, as Titans needed the regenerating shields to deal with all the AT damage coming from the rooftops in that map. The new MGL's gonna be a serious pain to deal with there.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Turrets are useless to me on the current maps and I can't ever recall getting killed by one. One melee shot and they're done. On Angel City the LOS is so easily obstructed if you know the map so I doubt turrets will ever be a problem here.

In attrition or bounty hunt it's not a problem. Come across a camper occasionally, but you just return from a different angle and wreck them.

Also so many Tones around that you can can see people through buildings a lot.

I encounter one every 10 matches or so

In normal Titanfall problems it's no problem.

I don't have this issue. Generally there a few on Homestead, but nothing that a well placed grenade can't handle.
Thanks, iI may grab this later if it's still available.

Turrets are useless to me on the current maps and I can't ever recall getting killed by one. One melee shot and they're done. On Angel City the LOS is so easily obstructed if you know the map so I doubt turrets will ever be a problem here.
Don't put words in my mouth!

E92 M3

Generally, it's always the same on the internet: some people complain about every little thing that kills them and some people just deal with it and have fun. I've seen good games ruined because devs listened to the loud minority.

Thankfully Respawn are smart about it.

Chris1

I do hope Angel City plays as good as 1, I really do, but I'm sceptical about it now. When your thoughts when playing the game becomes "how do I avoid this guy and his turret and flank him?" it's just not fun to me and hurts the flow of the game. It's not hard and turrets aren't necessarily OP it's just not fun to play against.

deoee

I do hope Angel City plays as good as 1, I really do, but I'm sceptical about it now. When your thoughts when playing the game becomes "how do I avoid this guy and his turret and flank him?" it's just not fun to me and hurts the flow of the game. It's not hard and turrets aren't necessarily OP it's just not fun to play against.

It's not like there's turrets in every game.
It happens once in a while that someone plants one turret on a really good spot.
Most of them just sit around in the field and can be one-punch-man'd from behind

Geist-

Honestly, it's not really much of a problem (at least in games I've been in) because as soon as titans come out and map hacks start being thrown around, the last thing you want to be is stationary.

Calderc

I've found campers an issue every now and then but it's not a chronic issue. Occasionally some dick will go right to end of the bridge on Edan and hole up there or the little rocky alcove but on Exoplanet, but it's far from happening every game.

i dont feel camping is that much of an issue. let him camp. sure he will have maybe a good k/d but he will be useless for their team for the most part.
a whole team of campers is another story though. fuck them.

KodaRuss

I really havent run into many campers at all. I am not playing much Pilot vs Pilot but camping in Attrition and Bounty Hunt isnt really beneficial because you have to move to different spawns all the time right?

deoee

Just finished "the mission" everyone is talking about in single player. It was...Okay?

So far the campaign is like good I just don't see how people were hailing this as the second coming.

Initially I had the same feeling but after finishing it (and the last missons are so so well done IMO) and looking back - there wasn't many games that have done a campaign so well, fluid and perfectly paced in ages.

Doom was very good as well but a drag later on (imo).

duxstar

lol, seriously guys

CAR
Devotion

if you want to win theres no reason to play any other gun. I'm leveling up guns right now and I'm missing almost 5 - 10 kills a match cause im using the softball/EPG

deoee

lol, seriously guys

CAR
Devotion

if you want to win theres no reason to play any other gun. I'm leveling up guns right now and I'm missing almost 5 - 10 kills a match cause im using the softball/EPG

Volt >>>> CAR :3

CAR recoil pattern is shit :D

duxstar

Volt >>>> CAR :3

CAR recoil pattern is shit :D

No argument with devotion ? The other day I had an enhanced g2, and was outsniped by a Car on Dry dock from across the map .... and then in the same game ran into it in the hallway, and first hit it killed me.

deoee

No argument with devotion ? The other day I had an enhanced g2, and was outsniped by a Car on Dry dock from across the map .... and then in the same game ran into it in the hallway, and first hit it killed me.

I don't use considered "OP weapons" so I have not touched the devotion for longer times :/
It seems to be the FOTM at the moment so I wont use it until it's adjusted.

Also Alternator rips in CCQ

E92 M3

You must have done something wrong or missed. I review all killcams to analyze my mistakes.

Patch notes...?

Are they coming today?

Ill be honest, it's one of the biggest things Im waiting for before purchasing. Here a lot of praise, but also a lot of complaints on camping due to radar/wall hack boosts and camo, OP Titans killing the variety, etc.

Seems the game needs a number of balance changes that could have been helpful to poll during the alpha demo.

Realistically, how many MP maps do you guys think this game will get? 4?

Will they be more remakes of classics, or more maps designed like the vanilla TF2 maps?

There is in a few game modes, there are also game modes that don't have any at all.

However, I was once like you in that regard, and I tried out Attrition anyway (game mode with bots alongside players) and it changed my mind about them. It's literally the only game mode I play now. It's not like a bot in csgo or like you're used to, it's much more different.

deoee

Are they coming today?

Ill be honest, it's one of the biggest things Im waiting for before purchasing. Here a lot of praise, but also a lot of complaints on camping due to radar/wall hack boosts and camo, OP Titans killing the variety, etc.

Seems the game needs a number of balance changes that could have been helpful to poll during the alpha demo.

Realistically, how many MP maps do you guys think this game will get? 4?

Will they be more remakes of classics, or more maps designed like the vanilla TF2 maps?

Don't overreact.
There are barely any campers in the games I play, people who complain usually are just more vocal.

Buy the game, make your own asumptions and have fun.

Are there any NPCs/bots in online games?

Thinking about getting it but that would be a deal breaker.

There are several modes with AI in it which are there to complete the objective.
You're part of a bigger battle between two fractions essentially.

Enco

In some modes, but they're essential for those modes. Why would it be a deal breaker?
Hated how I would be killing NPCs when I played TF1 and would hardly see any players.

Feels cheap getting NPC kills. I prefer online games being human only.
I also dislike NPCs in CS GO.

Auctopus

For the most part, non-existent.

The only thing I've noticed is some players over reliance on "sentry turrets".

To be honest, I don't know why they're even in the game. They don't encourage movement, they encourage taking cover and sniping from afar. They're quite easy to kill with secondary weapons but they're still a little boring.

Respawn: Can you please comment if losses count for games joined in progress? Is it like the last one?

The matchmaking for Titanfall 2 has been adjusted so that it shouldn't put you in games late enough in progress that it would have triggered the match loss protection functionality from the first game. This can still happen in a small window theoretically, but at that point the "You've joined a losing match late in progress. A loss will not be recorded against you" message should show.

Unfortunately since the situation is a lot rarer people think we removed the functionality. We will probably make adjustments to this in the future.

This isn't true. I'm regularly sniped out of the air when only visible for a mere moment while moving fast. Talking with a Respawn dev, it seems there might be an issue with the turret AI such that it doesn't 'forget' you on losing line of sight and will then reacquire you instantly. There's definitely some kind of issue at play. Hell, I've been goosed by the damn thing while directly above it.

Calderc

The only thing I've noticed is some players over reliance on "sentry turrets".

To be honest, I don't know why they're even in the game. They don't encourage movement, they encourage taking cover and sniping from afar. They're quite easy to kill with secondary weapons but they're still a little boring.

Fuck using a sentry turrent like that, i pop it on one side of the map with a good vantage point while I haul ass over to the other and clean up. Also having it on approach to the banks in Bounty Hunt leads to huge profits.

deoee

Hated how I would be killing NPCs when I played TF1 and would hardly see any players.

Hardly see any players?

That's odd.
The Ai usually spawns at hot-spots where most players hang out so you can constantly shift between both.

It's nothing like bots in CS GO tho, they are easily spotted and can be hacked or used as a kind of booster for your Titan or little points in Attrition.

Only Bounty Hunt actively requieres you to kill AI in order to gain money which you then bank in.

It's an awesome idea IMO and I really really enjoy this mix of AI and PvP

Don't overreact.
There are barely any campers in the games I play, people who complain usually are just more vocal.

Buy the game, make your own asumptions and have fun.

Id still like to wait for patch notes to see how responsive Respawn is to what I see are persistent criticisms on Reddit and GAF. Tone seems to be the favourite Titan pick, and a number of others seem to swear by Camo or Radar boosts.

deoee

Id still like to wait for patch notes to see how responsive Respawn is to what I see are persistent criticisms on Reddit and GAF. Tone seems to be the favourite Titan pick, and a number of others seem to swear by Camo or Radar boosts.

People use different stuff.

Theres a ton of Tones in some matches but yesterday I haven't encountered more than 2.

Also cloak is bar far the most overreacted Pilot pack out there.
Stim, Phase Shift etc. are way better IMO and I barely see myself using Cloak except for some weapon types.

So don't generalize because 5 people on Gaf tell you "xyz is common" - it is NOT :D

Calderc

If anything the AI spawns are where you're almost guarenteed to find other players.

FStop7

Banned
I was seeing a lot more Legions and Ronins yesterday. Tone has issues in close quarters maps like Crash Site. But on Homestead and Exoplanet she can really fuck your life up. When there is room to backpedal and dash strafe with Tone you can just chew away at any other titan until you get Salvo Core and then it's over. I have seen some pretty effective Ronins close the gaps, though.

In tight maps I very much dislike going up against Legion.

People use different stuff.

Theres a ton of Tones in some matches but yesterday I haven't encountered more than 2.

Also cloak is bar far the most overreacted Pilot pack out there.
Stim, Phase Shift etc. are way better IMO and I barely see myself using Cloak except for some weapon types.

So don't generalize because 5 people on Gaf tell you "xyz is common" - it is NOT :D

In LTS sure, but there other modes are all tone all day. Tone has the best anti pilot weapon at any range (thanks to the 40mm now requiring almost no precision whatsoever to land direct hits) and she can use her core faster than every other Titan except maybe scorch without giving up her defensive edge with particle wall.

deoee

In LTS sure, but there other modes are all tone all day. Tone has the best anti pilot weapon at any range (thanks to the 40mm now requiring almost no precision whatsoever to land direct hits) and she can use her core faster than every other Titan except maybe scorch without giving up her defensive edge with particle wall.

I play Attrition 90% of the time, so...

Sure there is more Tones, but yesterday I was ripping them apart with a team mate, we both were Northstars :)

And I've seen 2 Scorches, 1 Ronin... etc.

It's getting better IMO

Top Bottom