• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

joecanada

Fuck using a sentry turrent like that, i pop it on one side of the map with a good vantage point while I haul ass over to the other and clean up. Also having it on approach to the banks in Bounty Hunt leads to huge profits.

ya often a better strategy in many FPS including TF is to defend your turret, not let your turret defend you. the turrets in TF2 are pretty dumb, so they serve as a good early warning system or distraction at best, use this to your advantage.

zou

So, any way to get rid of the camera hijacking when wall-running (or accidentally touching a ledge)? Shit gets me killed so often, it's ridiculous. Especially since it's not consistent.

Oh and there's no fucking way to hide in this game. Thought I was good for a moment, covered/obscured by grass and trees. Nope, insta-killed by some camping rooftop sniper. Turns out, he was using that shitty new mod that highlights enemies in red.

At this point the only thing missing is a giant, flashing arrow with "enemy player here".

zou

Also, am I imaging things or is the sensitivity different/lower for titans? Speed seems fine for pilots, but doing a 180 seems to take forever.

Tosyn_88

Yeesh.

LTS is guarenteed win mode if you go in with a full party. My buddies and I went 10-0 last night. And we were constantly changing Titans. At one point we were running two Ions, two Scortches, a Northstar and a Legion and we still wrecked the randoms running the standard Legions and Tones setup.

People often think Tone is a safe bet which I suspect has to do with her balance in most maps. However from my own personal experience, I have only ever met one Tone which made me suffer, the rest are very much regular. I usually don't have issues with them esp as I'm used to being a Ronin

Auctopus

Lol, Atrocity.

Jeez, the game's MP doesn't even FUNCTION for me due to server timeouts and I don't feel that way. Game is solid AF when it works. I have more of a reason not to buy another damn Respawn game than you do I assure you.

All campaign missions were dope too, esp the last few. Fuck me.

Almost a week since I bought the game and I'm still in this position. I can play one or two games until Respawn thinks I've had too much fun and boots me off for the night. Tested every other game of mine that has online and it works perfectly. Definitely won't be buying another Respawn game.

Are they coming today?

Ill be honest, it's one of the biggest things Im waiting for before purchasing. Here a lot of praise, but also a lot of complaints on camping due to radar/wall hack boosts and camo, OP Titans killing the variety, etc.

Seems the game needs a number of balance changes that could have been helpful to poll during the alpha demo.

Realistically, how many MP maps do you guys think this game will get? 4?

Will they be more remakes of classics, or more maps designed like the vanilla TF2 maps?
Game is well balanced and better than most without any patch. Ask the people complaining and they will say the game is fun/one of best mp shooters in a while. It is many of our goty. Most of the balancing needed is just tiny tweaks. No one is calling for major buffs or nerfs.

Recently got a draw on Attrition, somehow. Despite being a group of randoms, we all got a good laugh out of it.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xVbaIPp.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sfLW9Z8.png[/IMG]

Is it me sucking at the game or is it for anybody else a bit difficult to play with the keyboard? It seems like you need to be constantly using Q F and E and i find it difficult while moving around. Have you guys changed the keys to something more comfortable?

Toa TAK

Banned
Was passiert hier...?

Ca6wnYu.gif
That's a loooong jump!

deoee

Total Biscuit's just playing Titanfall 2 on stream and had an interesting opinion on the singleplayer:

He really does not like it, too much platforming (apparently he ragequit somewhere) always the same, CoD style twitchy gameplay, only scripted bullshit.

Yet he likes the CoD campaign this year way more for it's gameplay variety.

https://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

FStop7

Banned
About the campaign:

Managing two simultaneous firefights in different time periods was brilliant. I was scrambling around trying to kill those animals in the present day while trying not to time shift on top of the dudes who were trying to shoot me in the past.

Toa TAK

Banned
Total Biscuit's just playing Titanfall 2 on stream and had an interesting opinion on the singleplayer:

He really does not like it, too much platforming (apparently he ragequit somewhere) always the same, CoD style twitchy gameplay, only scripted bullshit.

Yet he likes the CoD campaign this year way more for it's gameplay variety.

https://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit
Too much platforming?

What?

Shit isn't even hard.

sagat2036

Finally!!

Played 80% Bounty Hunt. Hope there is a 2x exp weekend tomorrow so i can get gen11 easy.

My list of issues:

-Turrets- TTK on these things are insane. You peek twice and your dead. Pilot sentry shoots at titans and titan sentry shoots at pilots. Should be able to hack them.

-Maps- Playing BH seems to lock us into a never ending cycle of boomtown exoplanet, with exo planet coming up 3 times in a row. Crash Site seemed to be removed from the game playing BH. Would be great if the game rotated your network group maps.

-Tone- For starters I got every titan to gen2 and then got ion to gen11. Tone basiclly has laser shot with a 12 round clip and bullet drop. No other titan can clear ai and pilots with easy. That ability allows him to build core fast and have a huge advantage when first to fall. He should not have the ability to pulse for pilots with the 40mm with ohk and blast radius.

Thats all i got for now. *waiting on patch notes!!!

Shoutout to UFRA for the carries!!

SwolBro

Banned
You're being an elitist and dismissive of the most popular mode for Titanfall. Most Tones suck a lot and you can't keep basing the calibration on how the very top people play. .
You're losing credibility fast . There's a reason why teams (random pub teams) all start switching to Tones in LTS when losing. That doesn't mean people using tones are any good, but the titan is without question the easiest and most effective to use for everyone.

In CTF if my tone drops first the other team is fuckign dead. next time i'll record a video for you. Anyone that played the original Titanfall 40mm atlas will absolutely destroy with this easier to use and more accurate 40mm.

One of the main problems i'm seeing, and not just with Tone, is the fact that you can't really strafe bullets. Titanfall 1 titans had insane strafing capabilities. These titans do not. A tone just puts bullets into you and there's not much you can do about it because you can't strafe, most titans have limited dash and dash recharges take forever. Anyways, Tone needs some more tiny adjustments.

Did that and I'm suddenly MVP lol.
Will continue to try with lowered sensitivity, maybe you're on to something.
What was your sensitivity at? And what's it at now?

People often think Tone is a safe bet which I suspect has to do with her balance in most maps. However from my own personal experience, I have only ever met one Tone which made me suffer, the rest are very much regular. I usually don't have issues with them esp as I'm used to being a Ronin

That's like me saying i rarely ever come up against anyone good. And frankly i don't. The only players that can make me sweat are the original good players from Titanfall 1. That doesn't mean the titan itself isn't a bit overpowered compared to the other titans.

On that note it's hilarious watching people play this like COD and Battlfield. You can pick them out so easily because they tend to want to crouch for some reason. That works in COD? Oh and they absolutely love choke points. They'll mad dash at each other and engage in instant deaths over and over and over again. That's COD mentality isn't it? those small maps where everyone heads straight at each other.

Respawn should do what they can to facilitate movement. Forget the COD crowd.

I don't know what's up with this game, i have an i7 970m 16gb ram and i get around 45fps with all in highest settings but the game stutters a lot, looks more like 20fps. Then I set everything to low and the image get around 50 something, NEVER 60fps. Not enjoying the game at all like this.

deoee

I don't know what's up with this game, i have an i7 970m 16gb ram and i get around 45fps with all in highest settings but the game stutters a lot, looks more like 20fps. Then I set everything to low and the image get around 50 something, NEVER 60fps. Not enjoying the game at all like this.

I think I linked a thread to you yesterday, did you check it out?

Paradoxum

Neo Member
Was hesitant to buy this, but it's really quite good. I just wish the multiplayer matches lasted a bit longer, also joining games should be quicker, especially if the matches are so short.

And does anyone else sometimes spend half the match running around the map before you even *find* an enemy to shoot at?

SwolBro

Banned
And does anyone else sometimes spend half the match running around the map before you even *find* an enemy to shoot at?

Once you learn that most people all go to the same spot at the very beginning you can just start off with a flank. They'll all be sitting there like ducks.

pCHeYg30qbirC.gif

Menitta

Not on topic but it's a tangent. I got Infinite Warfare Legacy edition and, while Modern Warfare feels fine, Titanfall 2 has made it impossible for me to like Infinite Warfare. It's just soooo slooooow. I don't get how Modern Warfare feels ok for its speed while the game with boost jumps and wall runs is slow. The fastest part of the gameplay is the dogfight sections. Kinda disappointed. The story is...ok so far but it's a slog to play through.

Titanfall 2 remains the best shooter this year
gen

I think I linked a thread to you yesterday, did you check it out?

Yeah, thanks a lot, actually! The thing is somebody in that thread had a 960m and op said that the method was meant for even lower specced computers so i figured i shouldn't be doinges all that.

I was able to hit 60fps by going to 720p but the game goes into windowed mode instead of scaling it full-screen. Why? D:

deoee

Yeah, thanks a lot, actually! The thing is somebody in that thread had a 960m and op said that the method was meant for even lower specced computers so i figured i shouldn't be doinges all that.

I was able to hit 60fps by going to 720p but the game goes into windowed mode instead of scaling it full-screen. Why? D:

Try Borderless Gaming to turn it into Borderless Fullscreen

Drifters

Just finished single player this morning. There has not been a better single player game since Half-Life. Terrific game.

I am now focusing on Ion which is completely under valued in MP. I won attrition by vortex Buff, single dash and nuclear eject by taking out 3 Titans and scores of AI.

njd_online

Banned
Just bought the game in the Black Friday sale on psn and have been playing through the gauntlet over and over (is 39 seconds a decent time?) until the full game loads.

Just wondering, are there more of them in the game? It seems like something it'd be really easy to build upon and offer more gauntlets as DLC, leaderboards, etc etc (I don't know if this is something they've already hinted at or not).

Thoughts?

E92 M3

You're losing credibility fast . There's a reason why teams (random pub teams) all start switching to Tones in LTS when losing. That doesn't mean people using tones are any good, but the titan is without question the easiest and most effective to use for everyone.

In CTF if my tone drops first the other team is fuckign dead. next time i'll record a video for you. Anyone that played the original Titanfall 40mm atlas will absolutely destroy with this easier to use and more accurate 40mm.

One of the main problems i'm seeing, and not just with Tone, is the fact that you can't really strafe bullets. Titanfall 1 titans had insane strafing capabilities. These titans do not. A tone just puts bullets into you and there's not much you can do about it because you can't strafe, most titans have limited dash and dash recharges take forever. Anyways, Tone needs some more tiny adjustments.

What was your sensitivity at? And what's it at now?

That's like me saying i rarely ever come up against anyone good. And frankly i don't. The only players that can make me sweat are the original good players from Titanfall 1. That doesn't mean the titan itself isn't a bit overpowered compared to the other titans.

On that note it's hilarious watching people play this like COD and Battlfield. You can pick them out so easily because they tend to want to crouch for some reason. That works in COD? Oh and they absolutely love choke points. They'll mad dash at each other and engage in instant deaths over and over and over again. That's COD mentality isn't it? those small maps where everyone heads straight at each other.

Respawn should do what they can to facilitate movement. Forget the COD crowd.

I haven't played LTS yet, but agree that Tone is easiest to use (there is nothing wrong with that). I know you would like to sonar to not have the tracking ability and I agree. What else would you like to have done to Tone? In attrition, I do not have any trouble with Tone and CTF is manageable.

I've been using the 40mm since the TF1 beta and don't want to move it away from it - though I love scorch.

And yeah, please record it. Curious to see things from your perspective.

Try Borderless Gaming to turn it into Borderless Fullscreen

Ah!! Solved it! Must have been a bug. When you mentioned going borderless i remembered that everytime i would select any resolution other than 1080p the game would go into a borderless window instead of stretching the image full screen.

I followed this video trick to force the game to go borderless window and now the game does properly the adaptive resolution while keeping the framerate fixed at 60fps! Finally!!!

Thanks a lot! IOU

https://youtu.be/SA4wS6DV_6M

deoee

Northstar is fun, you can really outplay fools with the magnetic cable thing and flying :D

Ah!! Solved it! Must have been a bug. When you mentioned going borderless i remembered that everytime i would select any resolution other than 1080p the game would go into a borderless window instead of stretching the image full screen.

I followed this video trick to force the game to go borderless window and now the game does properly the adaptive resolution while keeping the framerate fixed at 60fps! Finally!!!

Thanks a lot! IOU

https://youtu.be/SA4wS6DV_6M

Glad I could help ;D

Good lord the CAR, I only really starting using it like a couple days ago but the thing is insane was it this good in TF1? Seriously feels like the absolute best gun in the game right now, especially with the extra mag + run and gun mods. No matter the range it just feels perfect.

Northstar is fun, you can really outplay fools with the magnetic cable thing and flying :D

Glad I could help ;D

Now im playing with everything maxed out and at 60fps even. I realized though that if I have adaptive resolution at 60fps the resolution was being dropped a lot. So now u set it to 30fps but, actually, the game keeps running at 60fps most of the time and there are almost no drops in resolution. Looking real good now! :D

Top Bottom