• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

ACE 1991

Is there any kind of info about how many people are playing this on Ps4? Are all the playlists still healthy with lots of gaf groups? Thinking of grabbing it at Walmart tonight.

Like I feel like in Attrition the first team to get a Titan out basically wins.

Sometimes it just feels bad when there's a super early Tone on the field and the aim assist makes her kill most things.

I've also noticed Pilots actively avoiding engagements with stim just to continue farming. 50 to 60 minion kills with minimal Pilot kills seem to be the the MVPs recently.

I think Angry Joe may eventually be correct.

Stim seems to encourage escape and farm with some players.

BF sale on Xbox made me take the plunge. Looking forward to diving in tonight after the family festivities have ended. Thinking campaign first after all the glowing things I've heard about it.

deoee

Sometimes it just feels bad when there's a super early Tone on the field and the aim assist makes her kill most things.

I've also noticed Pilots actively avoiding engagements with stim just to continue farming. 50 to 60 minion kills with minimal Pilot kills seem to be the the MVPs recently.

Nope, the first Titan sure gives a boost, but I have turned around games where the enemy had a lead of 150 points ;D

Nah.

If a team can get a bunch of Titans out at once, before the other team can, then they can do some damage, but simply calling in the first titan isn't enough of an advantage.

I've played in plenty of games where the other team called in one or two titans, our pilots destroyed or weakened them, then we called in a bunch, finished their titans off and went on a run to come back.

deoee

Nah.

If a team can get a bunch of Titans out at once, before the other team can, then they can do some damage, but simply calling in the first titan isn't enough of an advantage.

I've played in plenty of games where the other team called in one or two titans, our pilots destroyed or weakened them, then we called in a bunch, finished their titans off and went on a run to come back.

Also this.

Sometimes it is way better to hold off until you see multiple peole with the Titan ready symbol. Call in 3 or 4 at once and it's a huge impact on the scores.

Drifters

To be fair, the point is to farm the waves to keep your team score high. I find myself looking at pilot kills as cherry on top.

To be fair, the point is to farm the waves to keep your team score high. I find myself looking at pilot kills as cherry on top.

Yeah, killing pilots is more about preventing them from cashing in their bonuses than it is to increase your own score.

Which is fine. There's usually at least one guy on my teams who is way ahead in pilot kills but at the bottom of the score-board, because he never bothered to cash in, or because he was trading kills and losing his money as well.

He's certainly helping the team by keeping the othe team's points in check, but that player will rarely if ever get to the top of the leaderboard.

Drifters

Yeah, killing pilots is more about preventing them from cashing in their bonuses than it is to increase your own score.

Which is fine. There's usually at least one guy on my teams who is way ahead in pilot kills but at the bottom of the score-board, because he never bothered to cash in, or because he was trading kills and losing his money as well.

He's certainly helping the team by keeping the othe team's points in check, but that player will rarely if ever get to the top of the leaderboard.

Indeed, it's a balance. I've been in one game where the other team just avoided us which was funny. I think attrition should mix up what drops in the waves to make things a bit more interesting.

I'm guessing that TF2 will have longer legs than COD and BF. These sales will give the game a boost in the arm.

On PC it has about as many active players as Payday 2 on Steam.

Not the worst thing in the world but they will need to be consistent ala Halo 5 with updates to keep the community going.

Console it will be fine I think, population on Xbox for TF1 was always pretty healthy for attrition at least.

Drifters

On PC it has about as many active players as Payday 2 on Steam.

Not the worst thing in the world but they will need to be consistent ala Halo 5 with updates to keep the community going.

Console it will be fine I think, population on Xbox for TF1 was always pretty healthy for attrition at least.
Yeah I'm in game no more than 10-15 secs on PS4.

Tuffty

I like to think I did pretty well in this match.

CyEDs8SW8AAG4qi.jpg

Playing the sp. Its amazing.

They were given flak about the first one not having a campaign, they turned around and said " ill give you a fucking campaign.." lol

And well.. this is more than i could have hoped for. Almost done i think.

Izuna

Banned

As someone who used to get like 90+ Minion points per game in the original, you CANNOT get that high in Titanfall 2. Most I have seen is like 40. That's not much when the game has a cap of 500.

Getting "food" until you get a Titan us basically the point of the mode. It's less true here to the point of me feeling like that strategy doesn't really work.

Is there any kind of info about how many people are playing this on Ps4? Are all the playlists still healthy with lots of gaf groups? Thinking of grabbing it at Walmart tonight.

Normally says 10-15k players at any time (in the uk but I think the main stat is world wide) it says region stat when searching for a game. For example its normaly just above or just below 1000 for attrition for me.

Its super easy to get a game right now so no worrys.

Toa TAK

Banned
Playing the sp. Its amazing.

They were given flak about the first one not having a campaign, they turned around and said " ill give you a fucking campaign.." lol

And well.. this is more than i could have hoped for. Almost done i think.

lol yeah, if that's what it took, then I'm glad.

Though to be honest, I really, really like their experimental campaign/multiplayer playlist they have. Even today I keep revisiting it (since I mostly play Attrition and Hardpoint anyways). Enjoyed that it was still just a regular multiplayer match, but the voiceover and on-screen narrative devices help sell that you're fighting for something a lot bigger than the immediate match itself. I hope they implement it in the future, because there's room for both. A narrative multiplayer experience if you will.

Also, Respawn, pls, bring back the video communications for TF3 a la Titanfall 1. The static screen in the campaign was disappointing as it felt super cheap.

zou

So are the maps the same in every region? Would have thought it would be random. But whenever I quit complex, I get the same damn map in every other region (UK, NL, DE, BE).

I haven't played LTS yet, but agree that Tone is easiest to use (there is nothing wrong with that). I know you would like to sonar to not have the tracking ability and I agree. What else would you like to have done to Tone? In attrition, I do not have any trouble with Tone and CTF is manageable.

I've been using the 40mm since the TF1 beta and don't want to move it away from it - though I love scorch.

And yeah, please record it. Curious to see things from your perspective.

Reduce range of lock-on functionality, and have a sharper damage drop off in the 40mm at range.

Bring her back toward the mid-range she's supposed to dominate in, stop her from drip-feeding damage to anybody from anywhere.

lol yeah, if that's what it took, then I'm glad.

Though to be honest, I really, really like their experimental campaign/multiplayer playlist they have. Even today I keep revisiting it (since I mostly play Attrition and Hardpoint anyways). Enjoyed that it was still just a regular multiplayer match, but the voiceover and on-screen narrative devices help sell that you're fighting for something a lot bigger than the immediate match itself. I hope they implement it in the future, because there's room for both. A narrative multiplayer experience if you will.

Also, Respawn, pls, bring back the video communications for TF3 a la Titanfall 1. The static screen in the campaign was disappointing as it felt super cheap.

I still need to try out the launch mp. When i played the beta, i was really turned off and this is a big reason why i didnt buy on launch.

Crossing my fingers this mp will go into rotation with bf1 and h5.

zou

Also, is ADS bugged? Whenver I zoom in, the cursor jumps half a screen to the top, making me miss the target. And since sensitivity is slow as shit with ADS, I'm often dead before the damn cursor gets there. Annoying as fuck.

edit: when moving/jumping that is.

Lren

Haven't had as much time to play this due to college projects ramping up. Managed to convince the brother-in-law to give the game a shot even though he's not a shooter fan. Curious to see how he likes the single player.

I saw it happening more in Attrition last night. Mostly grapples and stims.

Make the rooftops out of bounds. 8 second timer.

This sounds awful, please no. If there was any suggestion I've seen in this thread so far that would make me drop the game completely it would be this. Rooftops are a crucial part of the game, even for players that aren't camping, especially for pilot versus Titan gameplay.

E92 M3

Reduce range of lock-on functionality, and have a sharper damage drop off in the 40mm at range.

Bring her back toward the mid-range she's supposed to dominate in, stop her from drip-feeding damage to anybody from anywhere.

Damage drop off is fair. I can see that working.

alt27

Campaign was decent, although not DOOM good as people have suggested on here LOL. Glad I got it half price because the campaign would not have been worth full game price because of its length. Far too short.

Top Bottom