• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

While incredibly simple, cool moments like this make really love this game more:

fdPADGx.gif

Hi everyone!

So I'm thinking about getting Titanfall 2 for my old man for Christmas. He's really into fast paced first person shooter campaigns. He's not into multiplayer. So, would you guys recommend this game based on its campaign? Also, are there difficulty levels in the campaign?

Campaign was decent, although not DOOM good as people have suggested on here LOL. Glad I got it half price because the campaign would not have been worth full game price because of its length. Far too short.
Curious why it wasn't Doom good? Doom really dragged towards the end...

EL CUCO

Hi everyone!

So I'm thinking about getting Titanfall 2 for my old man for Christmas. He's really into fast paced first person shooter campaigns. He's not into multiplayer. So, would you guys recommend this game based on its campaign? Also, are there difficulty levels in the campaign?
Absolutely. Campaign has different difficulties to select from. The first section of the game even gives you a recommended difficulty to play on.

Hi everyone!

I would say yes at $60, so fuck yes at the cheap price you can pick it up currently.

_Clash_

Sorry for the mundane q.

On X1 is an EA account required?
(Follow up)

Can I just use the GFs EA account and still get the achievements on my X1?

Game looks sweet. On sale at Target in Au btw.

Wark

Hi everyone!

I'd say the campaign takes around 7 or 8 hours to finish - including grabbing all of the collectibles. If I remember correctly, there are four difficulty levels in the campaign. With that said, I thought the campaign was excellent and probably one of my favorites - if not my favorite - of the year.

Sorry for the mundane q.

On X1 is an EA account required?
(Follow up)

Can I just use the GFs EA account and still get the achievements on my X1?

Game looks sweet. On sale at Target in Au btw.

No it does not require an EA account on consoles at all. You get some small benefits by linking your console accounts to Origin but nothing else.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to fast paced shooters and I'm loving the hell out of the campaign. Definitely worth it, especially if its on sale for whatever he wants to play it on. It's one of the most fun things I've played in a long time.

E92 M3

Is that cloak i see there, I thought you never pick....
Now all your posts about cloak are starting to make sense lmao.

Haha, I use cloak and phase shift - never hid that. In fact, I mentioned it multiple times that I use it for assaulting Titans and avoiding bot fire. I'm okay with a fair cloak nerf because I don't camp. Don't need it to hide.

Here's a phase shift one:

Eym6elb.gif

Mossybrew

Picked this up on the PS4 flash sale and after playing the campaign for close to two hours, man I am really impressed at least just on a basic level - graphics are sharp and smooth, good variety of weapons right away, satisfying and punchy gunplay, smooth movement. Never played the original. Multiplayer, as I commented in the other "help me" thread, is clearly going to take some getting used to.

E92 M3

Picked this up on the PS4 flash sale and after playing the campaign for close to two hours, man I am really impressed at least just on a basic level - graphics are sharp and smooth, good variety of weapons right away, satisfying and punchy gunplay, smooth movement. Never played the original. Multiplayer, as I commented in the other "help me" thread, is clearly going to take some getting used to.

If you have any questions, just ask away.

Mossybrew

What is your last shooter? Based on that I can give you some recommendations.

Been playing a lot of Battlefield 1 lately, and before that Overwatch. TF2 just seems inherently more complex. Battlefield may seem chaotic, but the basic flow is like in my bones after playing the game so many years.

Rayme

Also, is ADS bugged? Whenver I zoom in, the cursor jumps half a screen to the top, making me miss the target. And since sensitivity is slow as shit with ADS, I'm often dead before the damn cursor gets there. Annoying as fuck.

edit: when moving/jumping that is.
That sounds really strange (though maybe I'm just being dense). If you have a video, feel free to share!

Either way, see if quitting the game entirely & restarting it makes your issue go away.

E92 M3

Been playing a lot of Battlefield 1 lately, and before that Overwatch. TF2 just seems inherently more complex. Battlefield may seem chaotic, but the basic flow is like in my bones after playing the game so many years.

Ah okay.

You should star the basic assault rifle and kinda go from there. Once you're more comfortable with the speed, I recommend the SMGs since you can really run-n-gun with them.

Also, try out the Tone titan. She is easy to learn and can do good damage.

sTiTcH AU

Just picked this up for AUS $36 at Target on PS4. I love that black friday has made it to Australia.

Looking forward to playing tonight on PS4Pro.

UncleMeat

Beat the campaign on XB1 today; loved it. Bought it on sale for ps4 since some of my buddies are getting it.

and for BT - love that guy!

Ishmae1

Anyone else stuck in the Advocate Network? Like you can see your other networks, but every time you join one, it doesn't actually take (you say yes, and nothing happens), and you stay in the advocate network no matter what you try.

?

Anyone else stuck in the Advocate Network? Like you can see your other networks, but every time you join one, it doesn't actually take (you say yes, and nothing happens), and you stay in the advocate network no matter what you try.

?

You have to set your active network when you add one. Networks/Set Active.

Anyone want to play some Pilot V Pilot? I'm on the Xbox One NeoGAF network (Quempfq).

Ishmae1

You have to set your active network when you add one. Networks/Set Active.

Yep, and that's where the problem is. When I try to set any other network active, it simply fails.

...and, solved it - privacy settings with groups interferes with joining any other networks but the Advocate. Duh.

The more you know!

THE FRONTIER IS WORTH EVERY PART OF THIS FIGHT

Psh, you think you guys got it bad, I have to listen to my girlfriend watch the Friends intro every day, over and over and over.

I just went to audio and turned the dialogue off though, I like when I'm doing well and I'm told so, but ehhh, not worth it.

Yep, and that's where the problem is. When I try to set any other network active, it simply fails.

...and, solved it - privacy settings with groups interferes with joining any other networks but the Advocate. Duh.

The more you know!

Nice.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Yeah I was excited to join Barkers clan, figured we'd be on the same wavelength, but man that guy is just a bummer. He's not even funny, more of a sad, tired kind of drunk.

So far I like Ash because she doesn't give any fluff (and she's pretty badass) and the Apex Predators because that guy is actually funny.

Trying out the last faction in just a minute

Top Bottom