• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Back into this game after playing infinite warfare for a week or so, and wow. This is like playing a real online shooter that tries to track player actions and register hits, not some random shit that decides you died in one bullet 9 times out of 10.

Really enjoying that lmg that speeds up as you fire. The sound is so good.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I find bounty hunt easier than attrition (as far as getting a good score goes) is that just me?

SwolBro

Banned
khYHpIm.jpg

HOly shit this killed me lol. taken from reddit.

E92 M3

khYHpIm.jpg

HOly shit this killed me lol. taken from reddit.

lmao that's so true.

And SBMM will kill the fun out of this game. Just go look at what it did to Destiny. I honestly hate SBMM - would rather get stomped by a group of 6 every now and then instead of having to face parties every game.

Hooks

Loving this game so far I just wish the Oceania (PC) scene was bigger the only game mode I've been able to play so far is Attrition every other game mode is dead.

SwolBro

Banned
Dear Swol

Did you know SBMM killed R1?

kthxbye
Pretty much no games do this besides Halo anymore :(

It's the easiest way to have a high skill ceiling while keeping newcomers feeling welcome.

apparently they do use some form of sbmm. according to jon shiring on tweeter-he was engaging in a back and forth with some dude that was going off the rocker and he said they do have some sbmm involved. so i'm guessing it's the same formula they used in titanfall 1? it wasn't any good though. However, I always thought it didn't work right because of the low population. This should be sufficient population though.. 20k+? i mean? right?

Gorillaz

I just got this game via PSN Black Friday Flash Sale. How is this game for someone who hasn't play Titanfall 1?
In terms of gameplay it's the next step in the original cod4 style that they created back then but obviously with the inclusion of mechs and traversal. It plays so smooth. So fucking smooth.

Campaign is a blast as well since it basically was Respawn putting together levels that seemed fun to play in with these mechanics. Story wise it isn't the godfather but it's still a blast to play. Half life 2 like in some cases.

KRaZyAmmo

In terms of gameplay it's the next step in the original cod4 style that they created back then but obviously with the inclusion of mechs and traversal. It plays so smooth. So fucking smooth.

Campaign is a blast as well since it basically was Respawn putting together levels that seemed fun to play in with these mechanics. Story wise it isn't the godfather but it's still a blast to play. Half life 2 like in some cases.

is the MP fun too? I've heard stellar things about the campaign on gaf.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I just got this game via PSN Black Friday Flash Sale. How is this game for someone who hasn't play Titanfall 1?

I didn't play TF1 and I was really pleasantly surprised by it, loving it so far, the campaign is a good intro to the mechanics (and also a pretty cool little campaign)

Edit: MP is great fun

AEREC

Why do people keep saying this? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Most people on GAF are way overhyping the campaign, it's ok, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece or anything. The multiplayer on the other hand though is.

SwolBro

Banned
BY far the funnest mp on the market.
Most people on GAF are way overhyping the campaign, it's ok, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece or anything. The multiplayer on the other hand though is.
From someone that doesn't ever finish a campaign and that could have cared less about Titanfall having a campaign this is probably one of the best shooter campaigns i have ever played. It's main issue is that it's too short.

sTiTcH AU

Ok so i just ran through the gauntlet a couple of times.

What the fuck did they do to the controls. Titanfall one felt perfect and was so easy to pick up. I feel completely uncoordinated playing this. How can they go so backwards?

ACE 1991

Is the gaf ps4 network private? I joined "TitanGAF" which says membership is public, but op seems to indicate that it is private. Seems like I'm the only one online in the network, too, which is surprising.

Calderc

Ok so i just ran through the gauntlet a couple of times.

What the fuck did they do to the controls. Titanfall one felt perfect and was so easy to pick up. I feel completely uncoordinated playing this. How can they go so backwards?

Barring the new slide, the controls are the same.

SwolBro

Banned
I never had so much trouble chaining a wallrun and shooting in TF1. I will have to get used to it, but does not feel as good IMO.

shooting mechanics are A LOT easier in this game, also way more forgiving. the wall running has also been improved.

i think what you're feeling is the more floatiness to the controls and movement. you can't move as sharp and as quick side to side as you could in titanfall 1.

Just had my first game with a cheater on PC. Didn't think I'd hate it as much as I did, but that killed my buzz real quick. I've seen lots of other people post this cheat, so how the heck isn't it fixed yet? Was using that auto/quick aim crap or whatever. And racist language.

mp_thaw0005_zpszjzgpzhy.jpg

I just reported via Origin. Not sure what the proper way is, or if I should be reporting to Respawn.

Do we have cooldown/duration numbers for the Titan abilities? I'm trying to see if the Titan kit that reduces Ronin's phase Dash cooldown is worth it, among other things.

Hooks

Just had my first game with a cheater on PC. Didn't think I'd hate it as much as I did, but that killed my buzz real quick. I've seen lots of other people post this cheat, so how the heck isn't it fixed yet? Was using that auto/quick aim crap or whatever. And racist language.

I just reported via Origin. Not sure what the proper way is, or if I should be reporting to Respawn.
I've came across a few cheaters it's pretty lame considering here in Oceania there's only 150-250 players peek.

Ishmae1

Man, I just can't quit Scorch. G2 with him already and everyone else is parked at L6-10.

The victory wasn't in question here, but it's just such a great feeling to cap it like this when you're 6 credits shy of the win after your team banks.

http://xboxclips.com/Tempus+Chaoti/7ace55db-4b64-409d-ae70-5c7d0a0c25aa

If I was on the receiving end of that, I think I'd at least slow clap.

On an aside, while I generally run the G2 or one of the SMGs w/ phase, I think the L-STAR may be underrated, even without being a hitscan weapon. It tears the bots up obscenely fast, can simply not run out of ammo if you feather it in bursts, has large hitboxes on the projectiles (for projectiles), and has the amazing power to fill a room / lane with crap that just makes a wall of damage when necessary. Great weapon to cover runners.

Yes, other weapons can TTK you down faster, of course, but they have to step into a stream of damage to attempt it. It's kinda crazy how much damage you can fill a large area with.

Menthuss

Do we have cooldown/duration numbers for the Titan abilities? I'm trying to see if the Titan kit that reduces Ronin's phase Dash cooldown is worth it, among other things.

The Phase Dash kit isn't worth it. Maybe when they fix Ronin's Phase Dash to no longer instant kill him when he re materializes into another Titan it'll be worth looking into again but until then, stick to double Arc Waves.

Greddleok

Man, I just can't quit Scorch. G2 with him already and everyone else is parked at L6-10.

Same with me. Scorch all day. He looks like a tank, but plays so different. I love just getting behind people and bullying them while they deal with someone else.

You can escape from most situations pretty easily too, just throw down some traps and run. No one is going to bother chasing you, because by the time they've made it through 2 traps, they're low health.

On and his core? Free kill against pilots without even trying.

The Phase Dash kit isn't worth it. Maybe when they fix Ronin's Phase Dash to no longer instant kill him when he re materializes into another Titan it'll be worth looking into again but until then, stick to double Arc Waves.

I don't know, I personally never had that problem so it doesn't bother me.

The cooldowns all feel roughly the same time- about maybe 10seconds? Likewise the Core abilities feels about 5-8s

Rayme

I never had so much trouble chaining a wallrun and shooting in TF1. I will have to get used to it, but does not feel as good IMO.
Strange; hipfire is much more viable now, and you can even ADS during a wallrun (instead of always sticking in place). I wonder what it is that's giving you that impression.

Same platform/gamepad as before? Did you use a higher turnspeed before, or a smaller deadzone?

So happy I bought this, game is amazing and I've heard people saying it's worst than first one but it's not. I spent a lot of time with first Titalfall and this one is just so much better in every aspect. Not sure when I'll find the time to play the campaign since I jumped straight to multiplayer and this will keep me busy for a long time.

Izuna

Banned
Actually, I've felt the same problem since the tech test. Going back to R1 I find ADS much easier to use than R2 still. Though, I can't fully explain why. I'm waiting for the first client update before I try to describe my problems ;)

---

Do we know if the 40mm is still more accurate with ADS?

Plasma

Banned
Went 30/0 on Skirmish last night, Hemlok with the quick aim down the sights is god tier. Before I got that addon I was ready to bin that gun and move onto levelling up something else glad I stuck with it.

deoee

Speaking of which, I finished the campaign and have put a good amount into the Multi. Still don't get the OT.. what's the reference there?

Some will tell you it's clever and a funny inside joke but...

in reality it is only bad and unappealing.

People refer to some Titans as male despite them having a female OS voice - like Tone.

Top Bottom