• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Is Ion prime and Scorch prime coming with deluxe? I was under that impression when I saw the deluxe addition features sheet (that image with the nose art, camo, etc.). After their DLC announcement I'm not sure anymore.

Edit: If not I DO NOT recommend getting the deluxe addition for bonuses. It's literally 2 camos, 1 nose art, and a callsign. ONLY get it if you want to support this awesome game which is why a got the deluxe...3 times (for family/friends) despite that fact.

If that stuff is exclusive then I need to get it because I'll hate myself later if not. :(

BurningNad

So what's the cheapest this is going for in US? Haven't bought anything for black Friday yet due to a super tight budget, but I really want to pick this up.

Drewfonse

I get rubber banding almost every time I play now. It's intermittently happening, but boy is it annoying. No issues with any other games.

RedFury

If that stuff is exclusive then I need to get it because I'll hate myself later if not. :(
Sorry bud then you really missed out on the "Nitro Scorch" pack that came as a pre order bonus. Much better than the deluxe package bit what do I know I'm a Scorch main :)
The "BEAST MODE" callsign is also way better than the deluxe edition one.

Deluxe players gets both Prime Titans for free but they are purchasable on the store I believe.

Sorry bud then you really missed out on the "Nitro Scorch" pack that came as a pre order bonus. Much better than the deluxe package bit what do I know I'm a Scorch main :)

User mode checks out. Scorch in full red is Red Fury.

I can buy this pre-order pack on CDKeys so thanks for letting me know it looks cool haha! :p Only a dollar something extra so why not.

E92 M3

Double XP and I'm out of town for over a week FML.

Where did you read this?

That cannot be earned in the game? Okay. Thank you!

Special editions of games these days tend to be a crapshoot between if the content is early access or exclusive so I just wanted to make sure.

Yeah it's a mixture :p

Is Ion prime and Scorch prime coming with deluxe? I was under that impression when I saw the deluxe addition features sheet (that image with the nose art, camo, etc.). After their DLC announcement I'm not sure anymore.

Edit: If not I DO NOT recommend getting the deluxe addition for bonuses. It's literally 2 camos, 1 nose art, and a callsign. ONLY get it if you want to support this awesome game which is why I got the deluxe...3 times (for family/friends) despite that fact.

Those can be purchased, but there is some exclusive cosmetic items including the prime stuff. I bought the deluxe to support Respawn.

RedFury

Tone Prime gets titan active camo. Should've gotten the deluxe edition bro.
LMAO omg plz nerf. Wonder what tone will look like though. To reiterate what the waffleman/woman? Said NO gameplay advantages what so ever. Simply "premium" skins for titans.

Just got the Deluxe edition with Scorch Pack on PC... excited to say the least!! Titanfall 1 is one of my most favourite games of all time so I can't wait to see how the sequel pans out. :D

I wish Very high/Ultra textures didn't make my 3gb card stutter.
High textures just change how many textures need to be streamed in, but the actual texture quality is the same as the two higher settings. If you have the game installed on an SSD, the lower settings will still work pretty well. The game does warn that Insane texture quality needs 6GB of VRAM.
So what's the cheapest this is going for in US? Haven't bought anything for black Friday yet due to a super tight budget, but I really want to pick this up.
Origin has it for $32, and Walmart has it for $28. That's the cheapest I've seen it yet.

Catvoca

Banned
Picked this up earlier this week thanks to Gaf and GiantBomb impressions and i'm really digging it! I knew i'd like the singleplayer but I wasn't expecting to be enjoying the multiplayer as much as I am, it's really fun so far.

Any tips for a new player? Multiplayer has a lot going on at once.

1. Always use cloak and camp as much as possible because even though it's not effective it really annoys people.

2. Don't use the EVA-8 shotty as it's terrible and no one else should use it either.

3. Use Tone to surprise your opponents.

4. Scorch is my boy you can't have him.

Tokubetsu

So is there any secret way to earn credits quick? It really feels like it can take forever sometimes
You're gonna regret this post once you start getting nothing but credits in advocate gifts and you just want a new banner so you can stand out and be a special snow flake.

Gator86

Why does ronin's execute just sometimes not happen?

Single biggest bug in the game right now and I hope they include a fix for the executions in the patch. It's impossible to gauge risk/reward for nuclear ejection, Ronin use, and basically all close range battles right now. Should I dash in, potentially taking some extra damage, but guaranteeing a pilot and titan kill with an execution? Who the fuck knows because maybe it won't activate on 3 or 4 tries and you'll get executed on the first hit by that titan once you're doomed.

Single biggest bug in the game right now and I hope they include a fix for the executions in the patch. It's impossible to gauge risk/reward for nuclear ejection, Ronin use, and basically all close range battles right now. Should I dash in, potentially taking some extra damage, but guaranteeing a pilot and titan kill with an execution? Who the fuck knows because maybe it won't activate on 3 or 4 tries and you'll get executed on the first hit by that titan once you're doomed.

Yeah it's a super great feeling being executed when you got the first fucking melee hit in on a doomed titan. Super fucking great.

deoee

Almost 20k on EU PS4 right now, almost double what there usually is. Good to see.

image.php

Gator86

Yeah it's a super great feeling being executed when you got the first fucking melee hit in on a doomed titan. Super fucking great.

Yup, it's rage inducing to pull off the perfect ambush using Ronin then fail to get the execute on 3 or 4 hits, getting doomed and executed yourself in the process. Fixing this bug alone would be a huge quality of life improvement for Ronin users.

Do not try to ADS with the guns, get used to hipfire.
Range combat = short bursts
SMGs are love
SMGs are life

Do not use Tone, she's the FOTM

Try Stim (it heals you too) instead of cloak.

This doesn't apply to every gun. G2A and Hemlock both require ADS, their hip fire is completely inaccurate.

Other tips:

Don't call in your Titan until you see other players on your team with either a Titan Ready (indicated by a grey bar) or a Titan in play (a grey titan icon).

Stay off the ground. If theres a wall near you run on it, jump to another wall. If you do have to hit the ground, slide or double jump and get to another wall asap. Use rooftops, but don't stick to one for long unless you're communicating with your team and they've got your back. Simply running on the ground makes you an easy target.

Make multiple pilot loadouts. I like to keep at least one cloak loadout for it the other team drops a ton of titans at once, because it makes it easier to steal their batteries and deal damage (which speeds up my titan timer).

Do not ignore the AI bots. Shoot them, they will speed up your timer and give your team points in any mode they're in.

As crazy as it sounds, you WILL forget you have grenades. A quick 1-2 of grenade+fire is tough to survive.

Gurrry

Anyone know of a good PC deal for this game? I see on origin its 39.99, but I couldve sworn I heard people were getting it for 30 a few days ago.

Top Bottom