• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
uh so I took like a 2 week break from the game and started playing again and I have this happening now
image2zblzk.jpg
Sometimes to more extremes as well as random jittering on the screen. Does anyone know what this is? It doesn't happen for any other games and it wasn't happening in the pilot gauntlet.

I decided to try Cloak + Low Profile + Arc Grenade. Holy shit....that is a Titan killer setup right there. Just finished a game of Attrition with 8 Titan kills on my team.

Durden77

Damn, I just heard about the sales for this game. Wtf man. My roommate has it and it looks incredible. I loved TF1 but had no Xbone so I've been extremely excited to pick this up.

Definitely looks like this game deserves success and I hope it gets it. Looks like everything I could have wanted from a sequel. I'm hoping word of mouth will lead to long legs. I'll be doing my part tonight.

Strider

I'm happy to see pop numbers are on the rise again. Great game at a great price and it's good people are taking advantage of that...

Big update next week too so lots to look forward too
goodjob.gif

What is the goto game mode for Titanfall 2? The first one is Bounty Hunt and that's what I've been playing. It it seems most people don't know how to play it so I'm thinking that's where the noobs go then more skilled players move to another mode.

Gator86

I'm happy to see pop numbers are on the rise again. Great game at a great price and it's good people are taking advantage of that...

Big update next week too so lots to look forward too
goodjob.gif

Everyone should own a copy of TF2. Respawn, please, just toss out the patch notes for people to peruse over the weekend. The wait is killing us. C'mon reaper collision detection removal and execution bug fixes.

Naar

What is the goto game mode for Titanfall 2? The first one is Bounty Hunt and that's what I've been playing. It it seems most people don't know how to play it so I'm thinking that's where the noobs go then more skilled players move to another mode.

Attrition

JaMarco

It should be Skirmish... :/

Toa TAK

Banned
It's Attrition, akin to Conquest in Battlefield.

Attrition. It's basically tdm with titans. The titans change the flow of the game nicely: the first few min are pilots only, then there are a couple rounds of titans, which make things crazy.

SwolBro

Banned
The people that have to come into the thread and actually ask "should i get this for $28" is starting to annoy me.

So, all the critical praise hasn't convinced you? The OT thread count hasn't convinced you? The gifs haven't convinced you? I mean, da fuck. You need 1 guy to come back and say "yeah it's worth it"

The only people i can see maybe second guessing a purchasing decision are PC players worried about player count but even then at the current price it's worth it even if you only get a few months out of it.

Anyways, grappling hook:

I decided to give it a whirl recently and i just don't like it. There's something obnoxious about it where sometimes you don't get the momentum going that you think you would be getting. Unless i'm doing something wrong? The release shouldn't halt your momentum and sometimes it does. I feel like it should replenish faster and it should zip you around faster. I would have liked to use it in short little whips, a quick grab and let go to build up speed.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
What boost is you guys using?

I've been rocking Titan Battery ever since launch. I really ought to shake things up, but I find I get a lot of kills with Titans and that extra shield helps a lot.

I gather, the positive word of mouth and Black Friday stuff is working, no? Already close to 21K on PS4 right now and it's super early (usually it's just at 11-13K). :D Either that or people are just home. The best thing that could happen is people get a taste of MP, and never look back.

I've been using the Eva 8 just now and damn! It's good! The mobility system really helps close distances. I use it with Phase Shift and it's been fun just rushing people and them not knowing where you'll pop up. :D

Those asking about player population and whether it's worth it, the game has like, 90 average on Metacritic, has super good impressions of both SP & MP here on GAF, reddit, social media, etc. It also has a super busy OT here which speaks volumes regarding player interaction. So yeah, in short, it's worth it.

Player population has been climbing steadily, and it's never hard to find matches.

SwolBro

Banned
I've been rocking Titan Battery ever since launch. I really ought to shake things up, but I find I get a lot of kills with Titans and that extra shield helps a lot.

If you're normally one of the first to drop a titan early in the match the titan battery boost in attrition and bounty hunt is the best boost out of all of them.

EDIT: what gif platform is the best? giphy only allows 10 second clips.

The people that have to come into the thread and actually ask "should i get this for $28" is starting to annoy me.

So, all the critical praise hasn't convinced you? The OT thread count hasn't convinced you? The gifs haven't convinced you? I mean, da fuck. You need 1 guy to come back and say "yeah it's worth it"

The only people i can see maybe second guessing a purchasing decision are PC players worried about player count but even then at the current price it's worth it even if you only get a few months out of it.

Anyways, grappling hook:

I decided to give it a whirl recently and i just don't like it. There's something obnoxious about it where sometimes you don't get the momentum going that you think you would be getting. Unless i'm doing something wrong? The release shouldn't halt your momentum and sometimes it does. I feel like it should replenish faster and it should zip you around faster. I would have liked to use it in short little whips, a quick grab and let go to build up speed.
The beauty of the grappling hook is found in the swing.

Anybody here use Phase Shift, it looks like a better ability than Stim for getting out of fights, and better for flanks than Cloak?

I'm the guy who panic Stims to try and run away, only to die right after.

What boost is you guys using?
Extra battery, makes Robin somewhat more usable and makes Tone even more annoying.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry GAF, but I'm gonna have to leave the network : happy hour just won't cut it with this here french GAFFER.

Anybody here use Phase Shift, it looks like a better ability than Stim for getting out of fights, and better for flanks than Cloak?

Extra battery, makes Robin somewhat more usable and makes Tone even more annoying.
I haven't used Phase Shift yet, and it is only because I've just about never had someone use Phase Shift on me and get out of a sticky situation. In many cases, I've been able to time an arc grenade and figure out their location as they come out, and they're just delaying their death. I'm sure there are some in here who use it better than the average joes I run into, but my observations have it looking garbage.

Kodros

I'm sorry GAF, but I'm gonna have to leave the network : happy hour just won't cut it with this here french GAFFER.

You can have multiple networks. I have 4, with one I created just for myself so I can make sure that at least one network has a happy hour going on when I play.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
You can have multiple networks. I have 4, with one I created just for myself so I can make sure that at least one network has a happy hour going on when I play.

Waaaaat. Cool ! Thanks for the tip :)

I was just playing on the Ps4 and there was 20k people plus on the NA servers!!! Please let this game get more people. It really deserves it. Im buying my lil bro a copy for Xmas and a friend of mine. Can't wait!

schlew

Wow, I had never thought of that (making my own network). I've been able to enjoy GAF's happy hour these past few days, but it's around dinner time for me so I can't always make it.

KingV

I haven't used Phase Shift yet, and it is only because I've just about never had someone use Phase Shift on me and get out of a sticky situation. In many cases, I've been able to time an arc grenade and figure out their location as they come out, and they're just delaying their death. I'm sure there are some in here who use it better than the average joes I run into, but my observations have it looking garbage.

I think phase shift is a crap shoot. You're both at basically equal disadvantage, because you don't know what the other player is doing.

Revas

I like phase shift as a panic button, but it's still not as clutch as stim in Titanffall 1 due to the activation time. I've been using battery boost pretty much my entire time with the game, but I'm starting to think that a battery pulled from an enemy is more impactful than a battery installed in my titan, even if I do use Northstar.

Warablo

I find Phase Shift is better than Stim. Stim is way more fun though.

I have also just been running battery. My other two choices would be smart pistol (sniper) or pilot sentry.

Top Bottom