• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Everyone should own a copy of TF2. Respawn, please, just toss out the patch notes for people to peruse over the weekend. The wait is killing us. C'mon reaper collision detection removal and execution bug fixes.

Yeah, please. This is literally all Im waiting for.

dankir

What do you get for getting into the evacuation ship?

Honestly you should get more than the Merit point, its sooooooooo easy to blow up the evacuation ship this game. If the opponent has like 3 - 4 titans in any mode the ship is going down, match that with pilots firing as well you're as good as dead.

Even in the pilot only mode the ship goes down quickly.

Honestly you should get more than the Merit point, its sooooooooo easy to blow up the evacuation ship this game. If the opponent has like 3 - 4 titans in any mode the ship is going down, match that with pilots firing as well you're as good as dead.

Even in the pilot only mode the ship goes down quickly.
Nuke Ejecting under or right next to the ship is my go-to move.

Sojgat

Echo what others have said in here - the turrets are far too OP for what they are

They're really not.

They're slow to track and only last for a minute. One melee to take it out, and then go kill the joker hanging around near it or just avoid the area temporarily.

People were bringing this up weeks ago and I've been counting the number of times I've been killed by one. I'm up to four. Every one my fault for playing carelessly.

Alx

I don't understand why people sit right next to their turret anyway (just killed one a few minutes ago, before destroying his turret). Isn't its whole point to get you free kills while you're busy doing your own business somewhere else on the map ?

The one [and let's be honest, probably only] time I go on a 15-kill streak in attrition, and GameDVR gives me the 'something went wrong, try again later' error. Fuck me. That was XBL showcase material. :(

I haven't used Phase Shift yet, and it is only because I've just about never had someone use Phase Shift on me and get out of a sticky situation. In many cases, I've been able to time an arc grenade and figure out their location as they come out, and they're just delaying their death. I'm sure there are some in here who use it better than the average joes I run into, but my observations have it looking garbage.
Phase shift is clutch for getting away. Get higher above them, around a corner, behind them or right in their face. You must not be playing decent players. Really good phase users are ghosts

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
If you're normally one of the first to drop a titan early in the match the titan battery boost in attrition and bounty hunt is the best boost out of all of them.

EDIT: what gif platform is the best? giphy only allows 10 second clips.

Yep, exactly why I use the battery boost as well. :)

I usually call in my Titan first in my team and just proceed to kill a ton of Pilots.

I wonder if the increase in cloak usage is because gamesager is running it pretty much 100% of the time now

Nah, I think it's mostly with people wanting to be able to move without being spotted, etc. I use it, but I do notice a lot of people use it as well. But the thing most players forget is, the tacticals all have different effectiveness depending on the map. I use Phase Shift and Stim now mostly and I love chasing down enemies with Stim. :D

I like Gamesager's vids, although he mostly plays Pilots vs Pilots. :( Possibly the best cocktail mix of gameplay for me in TF2 is the variation of gameplay and how different it is playing as a Pilot from a Titan. I enjoy both.

I'm gen4.42 and I'm still addicted to MP. People really, really need to try it to understand why a lot of people in this OT (and in GAF in general) are just loving TF2. Progression in it is also awesome. There's also one more camo, banner, etc. to unlock.

In case anyone's curious, PS4 players now at 23K! Woohoo! I know it's Black Friday and all, but this is very good news.

Chris1

Black Friday seems to have helped this game out A LOT.

Currently 29K on XB1, numbers which haven't been seen since near launch at this time.

Pretty happy about it, the game didn't deserve the low sales. Hopefully people continue to buy it throughout the holiday.

Echo what others have said in here - the turrets are far too OP for what they are
not even close. They are a boost if they get any weaker, no one will pick them. They aren't even difficult to kill and are ridiculously slow. Flank and punch, don't trade fire with them.

Bought Titanfall 2, 3 times now :)

Collector's Edition on PS4 w/ helmet

Digital on XB1

Digital on PS4

Nice. Had ps4 physical and traded to friend. Just picked up digital deluxe and it sucks waiting for it to download. How's the helmet? I wish i had the TF1 statue

karma2578

Got it in the HMV deal and played some mp tonight. So many moments, like having a pilot street shoot out at the feet of 2 titans slinging punches.. So cool

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I'm obsessed with this game. I can't stop thinking about it, when I'm not playing it I just wanna get back at it. Respawn pls.

New Tech:
kRgSg2V.gif

Black Friday seems to have helped this game out A LOT.

Currently 29K on XB1, numbers which haven't been seen since near launch at this time.

Pretty happy about it, the game didn't deserve the low sales. Hopefully people continue to buy it throughout the holiday.

I saw a little more than 23,000 people on PS4 just now. Hope the community continues to grow. Love this game.

RobbieNick

LOL The best "F-U" after losing to the other team. I waited for the evac ship to arrive as I was surrounded by enemy titans. I jump on a titan, yank out it's battery (dooming it) and then grapple onto the ship as it's about to warp away. Beautiful!

Zemm

Watching gamesagers stream and he's pretty good on PC with a controller, huge difference between his Xbox and PC gameplay though understandably.

cooldawn

I missed the £20 HMV deal so I ordered from my usual online retailer for £30. Expecting it early next week.

Looking forward to it.

SCB3

Watching gamesagers stream and he's pretty good on PC with a controller, huge difference between his Xbox and PC gameplay though understandably.

I see a lot Overwatch and CoD players using controllers now, I think the KB&M dominance is over, pretty much parity between the 2 now (I play OW with a controller for example as its a lil bit easier)

Dolobill

Finally just finished the campaign. Wow, I didn't give the campaign enough credit. The campaign gets real cool starting around mission 5 and keeps up the pace.

What is the point of the Phase Rewind boost? It's so stupid. Maybe I just don't "get" any of the phase shift moves. They're so disorienting and hard to use. You can rack up points like mad with the Smart Pistol, get more Titan defense, or wobbilly rewind 2 seconds for no reason. I don't get it.

Zemm

I see a lot Overwatch and CoD players using controllers now, I think the KB&M dominance is over, pretty much parity between the 2 now (I play OW with a controller for example as its a lil bit easier)

No way. KB&M will never lose that dominance over a controller. Like I said in my post, gamesager looks like a good player on PC, but he looks like he's using cheat mode on Xbox. The difference is day and night.

SCB3

No way. KB&M will never lose that dominance over a controller. Like I said in my post, gamesager looks like a good player on PC, but he looks like he's using cheat mode on Xbox. The difference is day and night.

its personal preference most fo the time, some games do work a lot better on KB&M though

Sojgat

I double dibbed and bought digital in the PS4 sale yesterday because I got sick of constantly swapping out the disc. Should've just gone digital in the first place, but I was unsure about the MP after the beta.

Edit: lol "dibbed" for fuck's sake. I need sleep.

Zackat

I love this game so much but man, making my top 10 GOTY list is going to be bruuuutal. So many amazing games this year.

This one is on there easy for me. Fun, no filler campaign and great multiplayer.

only thing that is driving me crazy is no windowed fullscreen. Is there a way to force this somehow?

Top Bottom