• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

taoofjord

This one is on there easy for me. Fun, no filler campaign and great multiplayer.

only thing that is driving me crazy is no windowed fullscreen. Is there a way to force this somehow?

Oh it's absolutely in the top 3, just don't know where (this is a fun problem, usually my top 10s are pretty easy).

Picked this up on PS4 today, played a handful of rounds and I'm both utterly confused and enthralled. It looks like leveling is done per pilot/titan/weapons? I'm trying to get used to the HUD and what exactly everything does.

I'm having a damn blast regardless though. Hopefully I can get some games in with you all here. Not very good but eh, I'm a good enough distraction :p

Alric

I'm sure this has been asked before but between PS4 and PC, which has the higher population and will probably keep a higher population.

I'm keen as a bean for new maps. Especially maps that are vertical as fuck like the tree section in Ashes level for example.

Just dope and twisted perspective vertical maps.

Ishmae1

What is the point of the Phase Rewind boost? It's so stupid. Maybe I just don't "get" any of the phase shift moves. They're so disorienting and hard to use.

From the video, it appears that you phased back into a solid object and killed yourself, at least according to the death report.

Never used the rewind power, but use blink all the time. Great if you've got some space to maneuver, are getting hit from somewhere you didn't see, and many don't expect you to stay in the same place when you blink, which works wonders as they're spinning around to find you, but you didn't move.

Okay so wow. Fired up the campaign, cautiously optimistic, and without realising sunk about 5 straight hours into it. The pacing and variety is pitch perfect, and the level design is so wonderfully well thought out and specifically demands you use your platforming and traversal skills in such a natural way. Way more impressed than I ever thought I would be, massive massive props to respawn. Just a massive shame this game never got a chance to shine release schedule wise.

One small change I'd like to see Respawn make is to give players who join games in progress an extra credit.

I know that their matchmaking tries to avoid JIP games that are foregone conclusions, but even if it's only a few hundred points, I still kind of sigh when it happens.

One extra credit would be enough to say 'meh, I'll just power through it' and fight the urge to immediately back out and find a fresh game.

zou

Respawn, please fix titan kill scores. It seems the only time I actually get a credited kill/points is if I steal someone else's kills.

J_Viper

Is that discount code for buying this from Origin still active? The code that brings it down to $30

If so, would anyone happen to have it?

Respawn, please fix titan kill scores. It seems the only time I actually get a credited kill/points is if I steal someone else's kills.

Yeah it is a bit of a shame that. Its very easy for me to finish a game and look at my teams low score and think "ugh my team sucked" when i have had games where i feel i played well but ended up with a low score. Because of kill "steals".

They should remove individual scores and just add in titan / pilot assists stats instead. Would encourage stronger team play.

I try not to let it effect me. If im sniping with my laser as Ion and i doom a titan, i often leave it and work on another as that ones is now easy pickings. But i get no credit for it lol. Just gotta remember that its a team effort.

Saying that i fired my laser core in a game earlier. Took a titan from 100℅ to death and just had "titan assit" pop. Someone must have sneaked in a shot at the last second lol.

E92 M3

One thing I dislike about the game: Getting killed around corners. That happens in many FPS, but never fails to rustle my jimmies lol.

MastAndo

My old man brain is not receptive to Bumper Jumper or any change in control schemes from what I'm used to. I know it's putting me at a disadvantage, but I can't even play two otherwise similar games with a slightly different control scheme without hitting the wrong button over and over. Don't get old, kids. Stay here as long as you can.

njWbr8s.gif

Revas

They're really not.

They're slow to track and only last for a minute. One melee to take it out, and then go kill the joker hanging around near it or just avoid the area temporarily.

People were bringing this up weeks ago and I've been counting the number of times I've been killed by one. I'm up to four. Every one my fault for playing carelessly.

Honestly dude, just because you haven't been killed by it doesn't really mean anything. I've seen groups that do things with turrets that you just shouldn't be able to do.

It wasn't until the end of Titanfall 1 that everyone realized how OP the arc canon was, because it wasn't a popular choice.

Oh yes the G2 is dope. Titanfall 2 kind of throws me off when I think about balance because everything seems so strong. When I first started using the G2 I thought my goodness everyone is going to use this weapon because it's so strong. Then I used the Hemlock, car, volt, flatline and realized everything is really good.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
My old man brain is not receptive to Bumper Jumper or any change in control schemes from what I'm used to. I know it's putting me at a disadvantage, but I can't even play two otherwise similar games with a slightly different control scheme without hitting the wrong button over and over. Don't get old, kids. Stay here as long as you can.

njWbr8s.gif

Gah I agreed, I tried bumper jumper and I was like this would make me so much better, but there's no way my brain can handle it lol.

I actually think I may replay the campaign with bumper jumper and try to adjust

Honestly dude, just because you haven't been killed by it doesn't really mean anything. I've seen groups that do things with turrets that you just shouldn't be able to do.

It wasn't until the end of Titanfall 1 that everyone realized how OP the arc canon was, because it wasn't a popular choice.

Oh yes the G2 is dope. Titanfall 2 kind of throws me off when I think about balance because everything seems so strong. When I first started using the G2 I thought my goodness everyone is going to use this weapon because it's so strong. Then I used the Hemlock, car, volt, flatline and realized everything is really good.
What's op about them? Battery boost, smart pistol and amped weapons are much more deadly. It's a boost, it has to do something otherwise it's a waste of a pick. They can be used for area denial. Flank or avoid

Lord Phol

Oh man, haven't had this fun with an online shooter since the first modern warfare. Everything just looks and feels so great. The way they've managed to combine fast moving pilots with big tanky Titans in the same game is brilliant, the transition just feels so smooth. Never played the first so I was utterly confused in my 4 first matches (and still am) but managed to snag a 1st place on my 5th. I hope the community survives on PC, I'm already drooling for more.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This game, more than any other, is the king of "I'm doing so fucking good why are we not winning". God damn

Gator86

njWbr8s.gif

How long did you try? I'm sure your old man brain can get it. Evolved is definitely the best control scheme for this on consoles. Even if you struggle at first, I'd say it's definitely worth giving a shot.

Dang it I managed to kill a Titan with laser core and then proceeded to direct the beam up into the air and goosed the pilot. But I hadn't turned on the share feature on my new PS4 Pro so it wasn't recording. I was gonna make a .gif along with some stupid tag line like "When you eject but she still goosin'."

I just got this game and I'm having some issues, on PC.

First off the game keeps crashing. Some DirectX error or something, it happens a lot. I've disabled Origin in game and set the target FPS to 0 and still crashes.

Secondly I cannot connect online at all, it's constantly searching for the Respawn database. I've disabled my network adapters I'm not using and it didnt help.

Any fixes for these?

I just got this game and I'm having some issues, on PC.

First off the game keeps crashing. Some DirectX error or something, it happens a lot. I've disabled Origin in game and set the target FPS to 0 and still crashes.

Secondly I cannot connect online at all, it's constantly searching for the Respawn database. I've disabled my network adapters I'm not using and it didnt help.

Any fixes for these?
I don't know of a definitive fix for the first, but you could try repairing DirectX and reinstall all the redistributables the game needs (e.g. the VC++ redist package). You could also go another step and reinstall your GPU driver. Repairing Windows (sfc /scannow) may help as well. None of those might end up working though; it could be some arcane bug caused by something you wouldn't expect.

For the second, I played with someone last week that had to go into device manager and disable some hidden devices under the "Network Adapters" section in order to connect. That might work for you.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ok, anti titan weapons? There are some that melt they shot out of me quick. What are they?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Don't think so. Single hit seemed to be a good 15- 20 of me health, which is fucking absurd

Not really. Depends on the rate of fire.

A weapon with a slow rate of fire taking 5-7 direct hits to take down sounds about right. Especially if it is an "Anti-Titan" weapon.

Sojgat

Like what?

The whole point of them is area denial. I mean they're forward facing only, they're slow, they don't track cloaked pilots, and they're one hit melee kills. I don't know how they can be adjusted that doesn't just make them totally useless. Make it so that if someone stacks the boosts they can't throw out the second turret until the first has expired?

Top Bottom