• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Not really. Depends on the rate of fire.

A weapon with a slow rate of fire taking 5-7 direct hits to take down sounds about right. Especially if it is an "Anti-Titan" weapon.

Sounds about right. Just like everything else I feel like I get melted by anything and my weapons are pea shooters.

Also, finally got tone but is it just me or is ion better? Tones rifle has some serious travel time. Hard to hit pilots from any distance. Ions should Canon seems far superior.

Sounds about right. Just like everything else I feel like I get melted by anything and my weapons are pea shooters.

Also, finally got tone but is it just me or is ion better? Tones rifle has some serious travel time. Hard to hit pilots from any distance. Ions should Canon seems far superior.
Tone has the best pilot sniping weapon. Are you focusing it with left trigger first?

I picked up IW today and man is it awful compared to this, in just about every aspect. This game has spoiled me in terms of controls. And as much as we complain about the maps, they're God tier in comparison. Speaking of which, I can't wait for Angel City.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I picked up IW today and man is it awful compared to this, in just about every aspect. This game has spoiled me in terms of controls. And as much as we complain about the maps, they're God tier in comparison. Speaking of which, I can't wait for Angel City.

I would say the campaign in IW is better (TF2's is great too though).

But yeah, Multiplayer there is no contest. Titanfall 2 is on another level.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
When I'm playing for Barker and the pilots all look at each other right before they jump while he's cheers-ing nobody like ".... this fucking guy."

jN9kuW2.jpg
This past Wednesday I was invited by EA Mexico as a game changer to the event Pilots Academy of Titanfall 2 it was a small tournament and lounge for the gaming media and content creators (like myself) with 5 qualification rounds, I was the winner of the round #4 and I won the Vanguard SRS Collectors Edition! :D

Plus they also gave me for free the Xbox One TF2 controller, I'm very happy and proud :)

I would say the campaign in IW is better (TF2's is great too though).

But yeah, Multiplayer there is no contest. Titanfall 2 is on another level.

I have not gotten far yet. Only at the part where you're
in space flying the first time and Ethan takes the flight controls.
I die before I even know what I'm supposed to be shooting at, it frustrated me so I quit for now.

At this point, it's not better. We'll see though, I hope it's at least as good.

Drewfonse

Last fucking time I mention this, but is no one else experiencing rubber banding on NA PS4 with TF2? Ping is 50ish.

Happens a little bit almost every game. And it's messing me up.

Arkos

This past Wednesday I was invited by EA Mexico as a game changer to the event Pilots Academy of Titanfall 2 it was a small tournament and lounge for the gaming media and content creators (like myself) with 5 qualification rounds, I was the winner of the round #4 and I won the Vanguard SRS Collectors Edition! :D

Plus they also gave me for free the Xbox One TF2 controller, I'm very happy and proud :)

Well damn that's pretty fuckin cool. Congrats!

BigTnaples

Last fucking time I mention this, but is no one else experiencing rubber banding on NA PS4 with TF2? Ping is 50ish.

Happens a little bit almost every game. And it's messing me up.

Haven't had a single instance of lag. Just hit level 45.

Dallas Data Center, PS4 Pro, Time Warner.

KodaRuss

Finally got a win tonight. Only took about ten games. I guess I had to score over 3k to pull my team to victory (bottom two scores on my team were 165 and 50.........)

I have gotten first place every time and have just had some horrible teams.

Arkos

Finally got a win tonight. Only took about ten games. I guess I had to score over 3k to pull my team to victory (bottom two scores on my team were 165 and 50.........)

I have gotten first place every time and have just had some horrible teams.

It definitely just happens sometimes like that.

It is fun when you're stomping the other team so hard that it's basically just a race for the best stats though :p

Not that any of you guys should care but does anyone want to try and sell me on Titanfall 2? I like the COD games but I much prefer the COD games set in the modern era. I haven't been a fan of any of the COD games with a futuristic setting with the jet packs and all. I guess I just prefer a boots on ground shooter that focuses on shooting each other instead of all the crazy kill streaks and extra stuff that has plagued the series. Which is why I've only been playing MWR.

My initial interest in the game is because I bought a PS4 Pro and just wanted a really nice looking game. But to be honest, something about this game peaks my interest. Does it provide a different enough experience(and better) than the futuristic COD games while feeling familiar enough so that I can jump right in and move and shoot without much adjustment? Anything else anybody would like to tell me about the game?

BigTnaples

Not that any of you guys should care but does anyone want to try and sell me on Titanfall 2? I like the COD games but I much prefer the COD games set in the modern era. I haven't been a fan of any of the COD games with a futuristic setting with the jet packs and all. I guess I just prefer a boots on ground shooter that focuses on shooting each other instead of all the crazy kill streaks and extra stuff that has plagued the series. Which is why I've only been playing MWR.

My initial interest in the game is because I bought a PS4 Pro and just wanted a really nice looking game. But to be honest, something about this game peaks my interest. Does it provide a different enough experience(and better) than the futuristic COD games while feeling familiar enough so that I can jump right in and move and shoot without much adjustment? Anything else anybody would like to tell me about the game?

As someone who was a huge MW1-2 fan, but didn't like any of the multiplayers afterwards, (did play 3 for a while), I think this is definitely worth it.

I also usually like the Boots on the ground multiplayer, which is why I much prefer BF to CoD these days.

TF2 is special. There's nothing quite like it, and those half assed movement options in modern CoD don't hold a candle to the fluidity, freedom, and creativity you can deploy in TF2.

Also there is a purity to it, although you get boosts and titans there nothing that feels like the kill streaks from CoD.

It's almost too good.

Damn. That is a pretty dope helmet. How was the competition?

RedFury

I feel this is the TRUE successor to MW2. It has futuristic elements yet feels grounded. Pilots movement is quick and lethal contrast to the methodical and tactical approach titan battles are (or if you run in to the general casual they run around like a chicken with its head cut off in their titans). The campaign is well worth it as well, short but sweet. At least redbox it, all you need is a little taste...

KodaRuss

I feel like I have gotten some unique emblems from the game so far. Got a skull and just unlocked a pizza. Anyone gotten any they havent seen before?

Can anyone help with a performance issue I'm having? I am not quite sure what is causing it, but I just got this game on PC and started playing multiplayer for a bit before I got a message from Windows saying my PC was low on memory and it wanted me to close the game. I tabbed back into it and a few minutes later the game crashed. I haven't had the issue before so have to assume it is something with the game, but I do not know what. I have 8GB RAM and a 1080 for VRAM so I'm not sure what the issue would be with low memory.

As someone who was a huge MW1-2 fan, but didn't like any of the multiplayers afterwards, (did play 3 for a while), I think this is definitely worth it.

I'm pretty much the same. I loved the first MW, and liked MW2 enough. Started losing interest with MW3. Maybe I just got tired of the series, but they didn't do me any favors with the design changes to the game. I realized that for me more isn't better. I wanted a simple shooter.

As for Titanfall 2, the trailer for the first game actually got me pretty hype for it. But I was PS4 only so I couldn't get it. Now the problem is I didn't enjoy the futuristic COD games and I basically looked at TF2 as another futuristic COD game.

But I like what I'm hearing. It looks like it gives you different experience and is more barebones. What I mean by that is that you just focus on trying to shoot each other without having too much distractions like killstreaks. BTW does this game even have killstreaks?

TheFatMan

Looking forward to playing this this next weekend. Got it on sale from Amazon and it should be here Weds. I thought the demo was fun but just didn't have time to pick it up at the time.

Super excited!

bought R6: siege during black friday, played a few games but was meh on it

going back to titanfall 2 feels like going from a turtle in molasses to... well... an exo-suit wearing super soldier

anyway do you guys prefer the HCOG or factory issue sight for the Alternator? HCOG has better zoom but not sure if it's needed, plus the factory issue for the Alternator seems to be a lot cleaner

E92 M3

Have you guys noticed that the kill tracking on challenges doesn't match the kills on the gun's pro screen?

Hopefully, Respawn can comment on that.

going back to titanfall 2 feels like going from a turtle in molasses to... well... an exo-suit wearing super soldier

anyway do you guys prefer the HCOG or factory issue sight for the Alternator? HCOG has better zoom but not sure if it's needed, plus the factory issue for the Alternator seems to be a lot cleaner

I use Iron Sights. Alternator is like 85% of the time hipfire for me.

Alternator does not need a sight, hipfire 247.

JaMarco

I'm pretty much the same. I loved the first MW, and liked MW2 enough. Started losing interest with MW3. Maybe I just got tired of the series, but they didn't do me any favors with the design changes to the game. I realized that for me more isn't better. I wanted a simple shooter.
The original developers of COD left the franchise after MW2. That's why you see a stark dropoff in quality in all the games post MW2.

Josh5890

I finished the campaign today. While it was the first FPS campaign that I had beaten in many years I can say that it was incredible. The gameplay and action was superb. I really like the mechanics. I wish I had gotten into Titanfall 1 back when it came out for PC.

Now that I finished the campaign I'm starting to play the multiplayer. I hope the PC community keeps playing this for a while because it is a lot of fun.

Add me on Origin: Retro4ever. What are the more popular MP modes here?

BFIB

It's been ages since I've dabbled in a multi-player shooter. Last one was Halo 2 on XBOX.

Got this since it looks so different, but I'm fucking terrible.

KodaRuss

My back is killing me from all the carrying I had to do tonight. I am going to try to stop playing solo all the time and join up more on the Gaf network.

Are the Target promo codes real or a myth? Never seen one in stores, they must have not printed very many. Meanwhile the BWW promo codes are littered throughout eBay.

Joyful

Are the Target promo codes real or a myth? Never seen one in stores, they must have not printed very many. Meanwhile the BWW promo codes are littered throughout eBay.

real but i could never find them instore either
some guy sold a few hundred on eBay around launch
its just an ok camo,nothing special

It is SUPER frustrating when your team has 4 Titans and somehow you end up getting triple-teamed by the other team's Titans with nobody around.

Like, 'Heelllllllooooooo? Would anybody like to help with the giant robots? What's so interesting on the other goddamn side of the map if they're all HERE?!'

The ones from Doritos, right? I got the Bullseye camos from a bag, but I was never able to find any specially-marked bags anymore. What did Mountain Dew get? I saw a bottle, but I didn't buy it to find out.

Top Bottom