• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

At this rate we'll move to OT2 around this time next month, and probably move past Battlefield 1's OT some time earlier.
Does anybody ever use anything from kit 1 other than Power Cell? I don't see why you would.

All 4 kit 1 perks are viable, and you really should use fast regen, not power cell. With tactikill ability cooldown is not an issue.

Like, 'Heelllllllooooooo? Would anybody like to help with the giant robots? What's so interesting on the other goddamn side of the map if they're all HERE?!'

LOL I had that happen to me last match. EXACT SAME THOUGHT. Seriously, the entire enemy team's group of titans was on the opposite side of the map of MY team of titans...

Then I also went "shit why am I over here?!"

Well damn that's pretty fuckin cool. Congrats!

Thank you very much!

Damn. That is a pretty dope helmet. How was the competition?

Yeah I can't believe it the quality of the materials is top notch, the majority of the players we're from the press (most of them we're bad) and just a few of us content creators to be honest it was not very difficult but I had a blast at the event EA gave free food drinks hoodies caps etc also I was part of a live interview :)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I'm pretty much the same. I loved the first MW, and liked MW2 enough. Started losing interest with MW3. Maybe I just got tired of the series, but they didn't do me any favors with the design changes to the game. I realized that for me more isn't better. I wanted a simple shooter.

As for Titanfall 2, the trailer for the first game actually got me pretty hype for it. But I was PS4 only so I couldn't get it. Now the problem is I didn't enjoy the futuristic COD games and I basically looked at TF2 as another futuristic COD game.

But I like what I'm hearing. It looks like it gives you different experience and is more barebones. What I mean by that is that you just focus on trying to shoot each other without having too much distractions like killstreaks. BTW does this game even have killstreaks?

Yeah, to echo others, it feels like a proper MW2 spiritual successor. (multiplayer wise).

There are no kill streaks per say, but you can get certain things faster by getting kills. Your Titan, Boost, and Core ability all are on timers you get eventually, but kills will speed them up. That said there's nothing that feels like someone got a chopper or a C-130 or anything.

Some of the boosts mimic UAVs and whatnot, but it definitely doesn't feel like killstreaks.

Hopefully I articulated that it a digestible manner.

Astral

Just got the game. Bad move making one of the first things you do a time trial. I spent almost 2 hours on that thing because I just had to fucking get the top score. I ended up getting 33.10 and the trophy so good enough. Now I can actually play the game.

Fellow Ion users, do you happen to know what the default % of damage absorbed by the vortex is fired back?

Is it 1:1, or some fraction of the damage you absorb.

This is without the Vortex Shield boost kit. Just default, out of the box.

Thanks! :)

Durden77

Jesus Christ. When it comes to "Modern" shooters, this game is truly the next level. Easily. It has such a deep beauty to it's gameplay. It gets me overjoyed in a way every single time I play it.

Does anybody ever use anything from kit 1 other than Power Cell? I don't see why you would.

I use power cell but I should probably be using health charge actually. Low Profile is a must though, all the rest in that group suck and Low Profile is great.

Ordnance Expert.

I find having a near constant supply of grenades to spam is pretty useful.

Not to mention it shows the grenade path so it's easy to get them in windows and such, even from pretty far away.

Anyone got any cool future pilot kit ideas?

Here's mine:

-Faster ledge climb

-Faster slide

-Triple jump

-Reduced self damage from your own explosions

I love movement based abilities, it would be great if they had an extra passive slot for that kinda stuff. Would love increased speed on kill, higher jump, increased wall acceleration, longer slide and stuff like that.

I use power cell but I should probably be using health charge actually. Low Profile is a must though, all the rest in that group suck and Low Profile is great.

Shit man, you don't know about that hover?

Thanks for everybody who gave me feedback. I was leaning towards getting it and might have anyways but I just needed some reassurance from the TF2 community. Will probably pay a little more to get it on PSN since I prefer digital nowadays.

Admittedly I never played much of the single player from any of the COD games that I bought. But I think I will do that first with Titanfall 2 and maybe even beat it before I step foot in multiplayer. I don't want to just go in that raw.

Izuna

Banned
0ofdke3.gif

boom

GGs amdboomer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So who else spends the majority of their gameplay complaining about annoying shit in this game? I don't remember doing this at all in R1... I know that people used to complain that getting killed by the Smart Pistol was frustrating, the person got the kill with no skill, but 90% of deaths feel like that in this game.

Bug Report: https://youtu.be/G8uscAevWWM
-- Titan Executions are just broken.

Anyone got any cool future pilot kit ideas?

Here's mine:

-Faster ledge climb

-Faster slide

-Triple jump

-Reduced self damage from your own explosions
I don't want them changing base movement properties like amount of jumps and whatnot to kits, that would be dumb
Shit man, you don't know about that hover?

I know how it locks you in place in the air making you an easy target yeah

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
This game seriously needs a training mode for learning the maps and routes by yourself.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Holopilot is gatdamn amazing.

Also, for the grapple hook non-believers out there:
RegularSingleAngelfish.gif

See, I don't get how you can steer like that with the grapple ? I'm only a few days old in the game and it's like it locks me pretty much in one direction.

Chris1

See, I don't get how you can steer like that with the grapple ? I'm only a few days old in the game and it's like it locks me pretty much in one direction.
You need to look away to do that and not straight on. If you watch the gif he looks to the left to cause it to curve.

But it's bornstellar he's amazing at titanfall lol. I thought I was good till he posted vids and gifs of titanfall 1 lol

I don't like the grapple that much though. Some gifs with it look amazing but I'm terrible with it.. It's easier to just stick with stim

The grapple doesn't instantly remove all other momentum you have. So, you can have some momentum perpendicular to the direction of the hook in order to get a wider swing (say, by running 90 degrees from the direction of the attached hook). People need to understand that the grapple hook is attached to a very physically modeled rope and has some pretty accurate physics associated with it that can produce some really amazing results.

^Cobalt, this gif is from Reddit (though I did something very similar on Exoplanet today):
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5exgtz/how_to_cross_forwardbase_kodai_in_8_seconds/

Credit where credit is due.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
You need to look away to do that. If you watch the gif he looks to the left to cause it to curve.

But it's bornstellar he's amazing at titanfall lol. I thought I was good till he posted vids and gifs of titanfall 1 lol

I don't like the grapple that much though. Some gifs with it look amazing but I'm terrible with it.. It's easier to just stick with stim

The grapple doesn't instantly remove all other momentum you have. So, you can have some momentum perpendicular to the direction of the hook in order to get a wider swing (say, by running 90 degrees from the direction of the attached hook). People need to understand that the grapple hook is attached to a very physically modeled rope and has some pretty accurate physics associated with it that can produce some really amazing results.

^Cobalt, this gif is from Reddit (though I did something very similar on Exoplanet today):
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5exgtz/how_to_cross_forwardbase_kodai_in_8_seconds/

Credit where credit is due.

Ok I see. But is like just the first jump to lift you up and get you moving in the direction you're facing enough or can you use the double jump to accelerate with that perpendicular momentum ?

Respawn should totally do something with didact

I am playing every other night with the guy who designed Bounty Hunt. We are the DEW crew. You may recognize us from our Target branded pilot apparel and dew / doritos laden language.

Tonight was rampant holopilot usage from all members of the team. It was glorious. At one point playing an amped hard point match, we had what appeared to be ~10 pilots occupying the B point on Exoplanet.

Ok I see. But is like just the first jump to lift you up and get you moving in the direction you're facing enough or can you use the double jump to accelerate with that perpendicular momentum ?

You can use your double jump to adjust the swing. I find that its usually better to let the grapple lift you off the ground and save your double jump to either get additional angular velocity, or to help correct once you detach. Another example of what you can use the double jump for. If you don't have perpendicular momentum, and you want to swing above a ledge that you have attached to, double jump *backwards* (that's right, against the rope) as you are approaching the ledge, and the additional velocity will pop you over the attach point.

Today, I also discovered you can swing between titans legs into a rodeo.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I am playing every other night with the guy who designed Bounty Hunt. We are the DEW crew. You may recognize us from our Target branded pilot apparel.

Tonight was rampant holopilot usage from all members of the team. It was glorious.

You can use your double jump to adjust the swing. I find that its usually better to let the grapple lift you off the ground and save your double jump to either get additional angular velocity, or to help correct once you detach.

Cheers mate, will try all that in a few. Will report with
shitty
gif of my
non
impressive killer moves then.

Izuna

Banned
I am playing every other night with the guy who designed Bounty Hunt. We are the DEW crew. You may recognize us from our Target branded pilot apparel.

Tonight was rampant holopilot usage from all members of the team. It was glorious. At one point playing an amped hard point match, we had what appeared to be ~10 pilots occupying the B point on Exoplanet.

I wish I had a proper PC set-up so I could one day play with you <3

Good to hear. Can't wait for that dope montage.

Man, I knew this was gonna happen, but I've fallen in love with the Mastiff

ITS. SO. MUCH. FUN. TO. USE.

IM SO HAPPY I UNLOCKED IT!

And on today of all days, what a thrill

Alx

People need to understand that the grapple hook is attached to a very physically modeled rope and has some pretty accurate physics associated with it that can produce some really amazing results.

The ropes are physical ? Can two grapple users intertwine each other's rope ? :p
I've started using grapple again recently, and even if it's not as effective as others, it can create so many epic moments. I had so many funny kills (and deaths) due to the crazy motions you get when grappling at full speed.

The ropes are physical ? Can two grapple users intertwine each other's rope ? :p
I've started using grapple again recently, and even if it's not as effective as others, it can create so many epic moments. I had so many funny kills (and deaths) due to the crazy motions you get when grappling at full speed.

Don't think ropes interact with each other, but they definitely bend around objects in the game world with interesting effect. And I would argue the grapple is *extremely* effective when paired with grenadier weapons since you constantly have the high ground and can rain down explosive death.

Did they nerf Scotch's all-encompassing Heat Shield? Seems like you can't roast Pilots off the hull anymore once they're on there.

It's a bummer, since it was way more useful than electric smoke, but I can see how it was maybe a bit too OP.

Izuna

Banned
Did they nerf Scotch's all-encompassing Heat Shield? Seems like you can't roast Pilots off the hull anymore once they're on there.

It's a bummer, since it was way more useful than electric smoke, but I can see how it was maybe a bit too OP.

The bug from the tech test? Lol that shit was broken.

Popsickles

What controler settup is everyone using especially the response curve, I cant find one that sits well, I have turned deadzone off and use bumperjumper as that seams to help but am not doing well. Also what load outs are popular I can do well one match then abismal the next.

What cotroler settup is everyone using I cant find one that sits well, I have tured deadzone off as that seams to help but am not doing well. Also what load outs are popular I can do well one match then abismal the next.

Aiming takes getting used to. I think I turned sensitivity to high, but not much higher than the default.

And as others have said here, set your button layout to "Bumper Jumper" (I went with Bumper Jumper Pilots Only, but whatever suits you). It makes wall running and aiming much, much easier when you can keep your thumbs on the sticks at all times.

While you're getting used to the game, I'd stick with Cloak + EVA-8 + Arc Grenade and whatever Anti-Titan or sidearm you want to roll with. Cloak is easy to see through, but it'll give you a chance to observe how others play, think about how to flank them, and generally get used to traversal.

Plus, early on, the cloaked shotty combo is pretty nasty once you get the hang of it.

Zemm

Ronin with a battery actually feels like a proper Titan. He really really needs an extra pip of health in the patch to bring him up a bit. You shouldn't need to use a boost to make it somewhat more balanced (yet still worse than Tone heh).

By far the most fun Titan though.

Top Bottom