• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Y'all keep telling everyone to buy the game, finally bought they game and damn near no one is ever on from gaf:/

I just stick to the Giant Bomb network since it usually has more people on at all times. I'm part of the problem :(

Dunno if player counts are solely server based or overall, but I am happy to see there's anywhere from about 1000-2000 more people playing at any given time lately. Definitely getting into matches a lot faster than I had been.

Map rotation seems better, too. Nice to see Dry Dock a few times last night, as I'd probably only played the map 2-3 times since launch.

The first big patch drops next week, right? Angel City is gonna be a hoot. Should be a lot easier to get to those rooftop snipers now, too.

Pretty interested in the cosmetic DLC, too. Normally wouldn't go for such things, but I'd be happy to support Respawn for making such a damn good game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It'd be nice if a mode other than Attrition had people playing.

Sitting in here with '0 in your region' because I wanted to test out Scorch.

Tosyn_88

Ronin with a battery actually feels like a proper Titan. He really really needs an extra pip of health in the patch to bring him up a bit. You shouldn't need to use a boost to make it somewhat more balanced (yet still worse than Tone heh).

By far the most fun Titan though.

I suppose the same can be said for other Titans too though. I think with a glass canon class, what you are looking for is mobility rather than armour. I feel like with the different map design, a titan like Ronin should get a lot more maneuverability.

But you are right, he's the most fun and coolest of all the bunch. I played the others and they don't give that sense of rush that Ronin does

Chris1

Poor, poor Tone. She's misgendered in a thread where we're all constantly reminded that's she's a chick AND she had to deal with being over powered? A woman's work is never done.

speaking of the OT title, why do threads get locked at 400 pages? Is there a reason for that?

Holopilot is gatdamn amazing.

Also, for the grapple hook non-believers out there:
RegularSingleAngelfish.gif

This is why I love games like this, using skill to move fast like frame perfect hops and stuff, buit I say that as someone who played quake 3 for YEARS and can't help but bunny hop in every shooter I play.

speaking of the OT title, why do threads get locked at 400 pages? Is there a reason for that?

too large threads stress the servers more then needed, I think.

Tone can kill pilots by facing a wall and shooting his gun at head level and the splash will kill the pilot. Same with Northstar's missile.

people who used to hate rodeo in the first game were most likely people who did not know that most weapons could splash damage them against a wall, and titan shields would protect you for the most part until they were gone.

Zemm

I suppose the same can be said for other Titans too though. I think with a glass canon class, what you are looking for is mobility rather than armour. I feel like with the different map design, a titan like Ronin should get a lot more maneuverability.

But you are right, he's the most fun and coolest of all the bunch. I played the others and they don't give that sense of rush that Ronin does

I just feel like without the battery he's slightly under-powered and with it he feels just right, so I'm hoping they just bake it into him so we don't have to waste a boost getting him to the right place. I still can't believe they gave him a 1 star difficulty rating though haha.

Bigger threads were breaking the board IIRC so the 20,000 post limit was made to make the forum more stable.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Just hit gen5! Woohoo! Experiencing lag though. :(

And also, seems Black Friday really helped a lot. Already close to 20K playing on PS4 now, and it should be significantly more later. Very nice.

I really hope Respawn extends the time limit in Attrition since sometimes, the lead is a paltry 10 points and you're coming back but can't due to the time limit. That, and maybe fix the scoring? Have damage dealt as score instead of just the kill so killsteals aren't as prevalent and whatnot.

Calderc

Yeah bunny hopping is one of those things that takes a while to master but once you've got it you realise it's really simple.

Basically, after a wallrun to get some momentum (or however you do it) you want jump and instantly hit slide. As soon as your feet touch the ground (don't let the slide animation do any more than tilt your weapon) jump and instantly hit slide again. Repeat.

The key to keeping them going without losing momentum is airstrafing. Even if you're going in a straight line, DO NOT hold forward, just let go of the stick. To turn left, move your left stick all the way to the left while moving the right stick slightly to the left. To move right, it's left stick all the to the right while nudging the right stick. That's the hardest part and the part you absolutely must nail to bunny hop for long periods.

Septic360

Banned
Yeah bunny hopping is one of those things that takes a while to master but once you've got it you realise it's really simple.

Basically, after a wallrun to get some momentum (or however you do it) you want jump and instantly hit slide. As soon as your feet touch the ground (don't let the slide animation do any more than tilt your weapon) jump and instantly hit slide again. Repeat.

The key to keeping them going without losing momentum is airstrafing. Even if you're going in a straight line, DO NOT hold forward, just let go of the stick. To turn left, move your left stick all the way to the left while moving the right stick slightly to the left. To move right, it's left stick all the to the right while nudging the right stick. That's the hardest part and the part you absolutely must nail to bunny hop for long periods.

Ah this is a great explanation. Thanks ks man. I wish I could practice solo in private matches to learn this.

Revas

I've never used Tone.

Northstar is the only Titan I've used in the game across Xbox/PC.

What controler settup is everyone using especially the response curve, I cant find one that sits well, I have turned deadzone off and use bumperjumper as that seams to help but am not doing well. Also what load outs are popular I can do well one match then abismal the next.

What platform are you on? I use steady response curve on Xbox, but I have an Elite controller with customized sensitivity on both sticks. I also use the small deadzone setting as I do tend to get a little drift. More so than trying to go out and get a high score, try and familiarize yourself with the flow of the game, where AI spawn (I'm assuming you play attrition) and get familiar with your movement options. I recommend using the Stim tactical, if you find yourself in a hairy situation just stim on out of there. If you're new to the series I think the Volt, CAR, or R201 are really good weapons that are easy to learn.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Man, every game I join is 200+ms. I've tried different Data Centers, even. :(

23K++ on PS4 already and it's super early in the US. I kinda want to feast on the newbies.

KodaRuss

Man, every game I join is 200+ms. I've tried different Data Centers, even. :(

23K++ on PS4 already and it's super early in the US. I kinda want to feast on the newbies.

I hit some weird lag last night in one game but it went away after that.

It seems all the noobs were on my teams last night. Damn that was rough.

KorrZ

It's happening already.

Solo Queuing and getting horrible teammates where it's almost impossible to win.

This is pretty much always the case. 90% of attrition games are a stomp with one side doubling the other team, full Titans vs none etc. Close matches are the exception.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Did they nerf Scotch's all-encompassing Heat Shield? Seems like you can't roast Pilots off the hull anymore once they're on there.

It's a bummer, since it was way more useful than electric smoke, but I can see how it was maybe a bit too OP.

It still fucks people up, you just gotta aim it.

This is pretty much always the case. 90% of attrition games are a stomp with one side doubling the other team, full Titans vs none etc. Close matches are the exception.
The issue with attritiom is people will drop 1 titan against 4 instead of banking your titan when more people on your team can drop one.

Calderc

I'm starting to get frustrated with myself. Started to notice some games where I start making vendettas against other players constantly and not going for the objective. Whereever I do that my team gets humped and we lose. Need to stop!

Top Bottom