• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Is there an issue with buggy checkpoints in this game? I died in
Ash's test range
and it took me back like 20 minutes prior to that. I would think that the area I was in would have clearly been a new checkpoint. Kind of killed my drive to keep playing for the night as I didn't feel like redoing that area.

Lulubop

nice to see pop growing on PC! Looking like my goty, and I haven't even tried the campaign(usually not my thing in these kinda games)

bDUaY2D.png

Both teams starts with 6v6, and the game ends at 400 points...

What does the evolved layout have to do with aiming?

The tactical button is moved to X (PS4) so to activate it, I'll have to briefly let go of the right thumbstick. Same idea why people suggest bumper jumper so that you can keep your thumb on the stick when jumping (except the other way around).

Tone is OP as it is yes, but I also think she's kinda fundamentally broken. Having one of her main abilities be lock-on rockets just makes her kinda not fun and accessible to play as. I wanna go back to my man Ion but Tone is too good.
Holopilot is gatdamn amazing.

Also, for the grapple hook non-believers out there:
RegularSingleAngelfish.gif
Holopilot is pretty good but I like using abilities that change my movement too much like stim and grapple.

Also how tf do you move that fast, I need to practice my bunny hopping and sliding. What's the proper order?

Calderc

Tone is OP as it is yes, but I also think she's kinda fundamentally broken. Having one of her main abilities be lock-on rockets just makes her kinda not fun and accessible to play as. I wanna go back to my man Ion but Tone is too good.

Holopilot is pretty good but I like using abilities that change my movement too much like stim and grapple.

Also how tf do you move that fast, I need to practice my bunny hopping and sliding. What's the proper order?

Read my post on the previous page.

Jump (or while in midair) -> slide -> during slide animation once you hit the ground, jump again (this is the part where timing is key. there are a bunch of youtube videos out there that show it) -> repeat

SnBOfWA.gif

not impressive, but Northstar is bae

lol why in the world would that person jump... while out in the open... on the topmost part of the rooftop??

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Search youtube, there are several good tutorials there. Also, bunny hopping is most effective after a wall run or grapple or stim, because it allows you to maintain your momentum. Load up a private match on the map of your choice and practice!

Oh and an elite controller helps ;)

Drewfonse

Just hit gen5! Woohoo! Experiencing lag though. :(

And also, seems Black Friday really helped a lot. Already close to 20K playing on PS4 now, and it should be significantly more later. Very nice.

I really hope Respawn extends the time limit in Attrition since sometimes, the lead is a paltry 10 points and you're coming back but can't due to the time limit. That, and maybe fix the scoring? Have damage dealt as score instead of just the kill so killsteals aren't as prevalent and whatnot.

Man, every game I join is 200+ms. I've tried different Data Centers, even. :(

23K++ on PS4 already and it's super early in the US. I kinda want to feast on the newbies.

Glad I'm not the only one. I live in SC, I'm on a low ping SC server....and I'm still rubberbanding.

Calderc

I use Evolved and only got bunny hopping down when I swapped the right stick and RB. So now I jump with LB and slide with RB. Works great until I pick up an elite.

Definitely some new people are on. I had a 22 pilot kill 7 Titan kill match earlier. Most came from being right out in the open and getting lasered by my Ion or not ejecting from their doomed Titans.

E92 M3

I play attrition solo and it's not too bad. Have to carry most of the time, but it is what is.

This is typical:

4zUcb4s.png

--

Also, Pilot vs Pilot is so fucking SLOW. No wonder people wanted cloak nerfed, but here is the thing: While it's annoying in PVP it's fully fine in normal Titanfall. I hope Respawn didn't nerf it because of PVP.

I use Evolved and only got bunny hopping down when I swapped the right stick and RB. So now I jump with LB and slide with RB. Works great until I pick up an elite.

only problem is I have to go in to PS settings to change that every time...

Every game should just let you rebind each control

Naar

Complex is the only map in the game that consistently spawns my Titan nowhere near me, hate it

lol first time I summoned a titan on that map I thought it glitched and dropped outside the map. I could see it but not get to it

That was the day I realized that complex had an "outside" area and also when I realized the titan has 2 modes you can switch up with D pad and one of them allows it to follow you around (which is how I got my titan back)

SnBOfWA.gif

not impressive, but Northstar is bae
Glad you came around on her! I remember when we played on PC a few weeks ago that you thought Northstar was practically useless. I really need to play more Northstar, but I love Ronin way too much.

I've seen Northstar setups where they run two tethers and Nuke Eject. It works way better than I thought, and I've fallen prey to it. People like to get right up on top of a Northstar, which makes it easy to pull off.

KodaRuss

As a Tone player for a while (Got her to Gen 10) I have switched to Ronin and I don't think I will switch back for a while. Ronin is a lot of fun and with Nuclear ejection I am getting another Ronin very quickly if not instantly at least 40-50% of the time.

Disker

Hopefully the new FAQ that will be added makes players more knowledgeable of how the game woks.

Every day in Bounty Hunt i get a least 4 to 5 matches where i have 3000+ points and 20+ kills.

People are really oblivious. I am not even frustrated when i join a game where i am 2000 points behind, still win easily.

Fun game, but i wish there was a tutorial for beginners (or people just play it as TDM for some reason).

Edit: Also added myself the the NGaf network (through the url, so i cant wait to play with decent people :D)

Izuna

Banned
Glad you came around on her! I remember when we played on PC a few weeks ago that you thought Northstar was practically useless. I really need to play more Northstar, but I love Ronin way too much.

I've seen Northstar setups where they run two tethers and Nuke Eject. It works way better than I thought, and I've fallen prey to it. People like to get right up on top of a Northstar, which makes it easy to pull off.

Did you miss my post here?
彼女は夜空で一番美しい星だ。お、ノーススター、死の天使!

icon-northstar4.png

And not notice Northstar in my avatar? <3

friday

Who the heck is the FRUIT Network? Just lost to a group of 5 of them in a game on PS4. Feel like I see that Network tag pretty often.

Mr. Fruit gaming, he is a YouTube guy who got big playing destiny. He has been playing a lot of Titanfall 2. He's not a top tier player, but plays a lot.

Unpopular opinion but I wish there were more gamemodes with pilots only. Much prefer playing as a pilot to a Titan.

Also what's everyone's thoughts on the R-97? Just unlocked it and feel like it's the worst SMG actually...

Unpopular opinion but I wish there were more gamemodes with pilots only. Much prefer playing as a pilot to a Titan.

Maybe Infinite Warfare is more your speed?

TitanFall IS the interplay and cat-and-mouse between the quick, agile pilots and the slow, powerful Titans.

Take out the Titans, you may as well play COD.

*shrugs*

arimanius

My god I love you. I just got a triple kill using this strategy and was able to immediately get my Titan back.

Fellow Ion users, do you happen to know what the default % of damage absorbed by the vortex is fired back?

Is it 1:1, or some fraction of the damage you absorb.

This is without the Vortex Shield boost kit. Just default, out of the box.

Thanks! :)

Top Bottom