• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Maybe Infinite Warfare is more your speed?

TitanFall IS the interplay and cat-and-mouse between the quick, agile pilots and the slow, powerful Titans.

Take out the Titans, you may as well play COD.

*shrugs*
Tried the beta, hated it. Everything was a giant step back from Titanfall 2.

Dantis

TitanFall IS the interplay and cat-and-mouse between the quick, agile pilots and the slow, powerful Titans.

*shrugs*

Not really. I rented CoD this weekend and movement is miles worse than Titanfall. Whole different league.

Tosyn_88

I just feel like without the battery he's slightly under-powered and with it he feels just right, so I'm hoping they just bake it into him so we don't have to waste a boost getting him to the right place. I still can't believe they gave him a 1 star difficulty rating though haha.

Bigger threads were breaking the board IIRC so the 20,000 post limit was made to make the forum more stable.

If he gets a health boost, he will become a bit overpowered just like Tone is at the moment. He needs more dashes or movement speed rather than health. Most people who try to use Ronin tend to play as if it's a defensive class rather than all out offense.
If respawn adds more speed to him, then he becomes good without being op

Did any maps from the first game made it back? I haven't seen all the maps yet and was wondering if they kept some or do they havd plans to add them in tbe future?

J.G.

Neo Member
Did any maps from the first game made it back? I haven't seen all the maps yet and was wondering if they kept some or do they havd plans to add them in tbe future?

Angel City (or some version of it) is coming in the next update 11/30 for people who pre-ordered (12/3 for everyone else). It's free for everyone. No idea if they plan to bring back any other older maps

Kyrios

Well I played for about 2 hours, got to level 7. Literally every other game I did pretty well.

Just have to be a bit more mobile and slide more.

Also screw the optical camo/shotgun combo lol

You know you've been away from the game too long when you start watching gameplay on YouTube to compensate.
Did you miss my post here?

And not notice Northstar in my avatar? <3
Oh, I totally didn't realize that was the Flight Core icon for some reason.

I also didn't run the text through Google Translate until now...
Map rotation algorithm needs work. Getting real tired of 60% of my games being on drydock
Man, I wish 60% of my games were on Drydock. That's the best map! I get Exoplanet for over half of my games. I'm looking forward to not having to play the same map two or three times in a row.

*shrugs*

IW may have wall runs and slides but they act very different compared to Titanfall, they don't play the same at all. Advance Warfare is closer since it had double jumps but even then, overall it still felt very different compared to TF. A game that has Titanfall like movement without Titans would be pretty fun IMO. I wouldn't mind a 4v4 like pilots only mode on a smaller map, hell I probably would end up playing more Pilot only modes if they were in the game (And if there were enough people playing them, on PC at least the PvP playlist is dead, you only get it in Mixtape) I even like the Titan gameplay more than TF1 but still think the base pilot game play has enough to support itself. If Titans had regenerating shields like the first game I'd say the same for them too.

Calderc

You know you've been away from the game too long when you start watching gameplay on YouTube to compensate.

Oh, I totally didn't realize that was the Flight Core icon for some reason.

I also didn't run the text through Google Translate until now...

Man, I wish 60% of my games were on Drydock. That's the best map! I get Exoplanet for over half of my games. I'm looking forward to not having to play the same map two or three times in a row.

Used to like Exoplanet but after playing it a million times it's getting old now. Seems to be the one I get most by quite a distance.

Baleoce

Bought this on PC (physical) last night after seeing it on black friday sale for £19.99 online at Argos. Turns out it's just a code in a retail box xD I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Was hoping to minimize the download size, as my internet is 2mb down lol. At least I'll have it installed in 3 days.

KorrZ

Man, I wish 60% of my games were on Drydock. That's the best map! I get Exoplanet for over half of my games. I'm looking forward to not having to play the same map two or three times in a row.[/QUOTE]

Drydock is good but I've been playing 3 hours today and literally have only played drydock and exoplanet with 1 homestead and 1 boomtown. It's bizarre.

Nimoy

Neo Member
I know it's already been said a thousand times, but since I keep seeing this on the front page, I feel compelled to say it...man, that is a terrible title.

Great game though.

Strider

I got really close to a 50 kill game yesterday

NkVcskZ.jpg

I don't think I'll ever manage to pull that off.

--

I think Eden is my favorite map... Fun to navigate and really suits all kinds of play styles.

norm9

I hope McFarlane toys ends up making more Titan action figures than just BT. I'd buy one if I used one of the Titans enough. So far I like Ronin because of the sword.

Keihart

The reload animation is boss. Respawn did such a GREAT job making all of these weapons feel unique and fun.

I will insist in my theory that that is the M1Garand in this universe, it feels just the same.

On another news, i'm finally not moving like a drunk with evolved controls and have fallen inlove with the softball, what a fun and good weapon.

Keihart

If he gets a health boost, he will become a bit overpowered just like Tone is at the moment. He needs more dashes or movement speed rather than health. Most people who try to use Ronin tend to play as if it's a defensive class rather than all out offense.
If respawn adds more speed to him, then he becomes good without being op

I wish that hey took out Blade Core wich is kinda useless and replaced it with some kind of Dash Core or speed core or phase, anything agility related instead of the sucide button that it is now.

Christ.

There are matches where jumping and landing on enemy Titans feels as natural as slipping on a pair of loafers and there are matches where every one of them feels like theyre coated in non-stick teflon...

Most of my gaming takes place in Bounty Hunt but I never get Dry Dock or Crash Site. Honestly can't remember the last time I played either of those maps during BH. Tried a bit of Attrition earlier and got Dry Dock twice but no Crash Site

Are we sure it's in the play cycle?

Just had a 5 vs 2 Titan fight and came out on top. Shared it on YouTube if anyone wants to check it out.

https://youtu.be/gd2KHpAsqjE

Nice job. Love these situations. Speaking as an Ion player, you feel like such a boss using vortex shield, splitter, laser and laser core, all while making use of cover to recharge your energy. So badass.

My favorite scenario is two legions on one ion, cause they invariably both unload into my vortex shield.

"One of your shields is going down before my vortex and that guy is fucked"

Nice job. Love these situations. Speaking as an Ion player, you feel like such a boss using vortex shield, splitter, laser and laser core, all while making use of cover to recharge your energy. So badass.

My favorite scenario is two legions on one ion, cause they invariably both unload into my vortex shield.

"One of your shields is going down before my vortex and that guy is fucked"

Thanks for the view. I love this god damn game so much. I felt like a total badass when the Ronin and I took those 5 Titans out. This game is all shades of amazing .

Zemm

I wish that hey took out Blade Core wich is kinda useless and replaced it with some kind of Dash Core or speed core or phase, anything agility related instead of the sucide button that it is now.

Blade Core is one of the strongest ultimates. The key is to using it when you aren't being attacked and then use the unlimited dashes to get around the map and into other Titans faces. Once you're in melee they can't do much to you because they're getting smashed all over the place. The core lasts quite a long time too.

The only reason I'm able to kill so many Titans as Ronin is because of the Blade Core.

I find the best setup for him is the 20% core and quicker refresh on phase dash skills.

2OIlB73.png

Edzi

Quick question since I'm currently on the fence regarding the PC version. Is buying the physical version essentially the same as buying it digitally on origin? PC physical seems to be the cheapest way to go now.

Also, how's the community on PC looking like? Does it seem like it'll survive?

deoee

Quick question since I'm currently on the fence regarding the PC version. Is buying the physical version essentially the same as buying it digitally on origin? PC physical seems to be the cheapest way to go now.

Also, how's the community on PC looking like? Does it seem like it'll survive?

I think it's just a code in the box and the community / player numbers are increasing

Also, how's the community on PC looking like?
1. Yes. The physical boxes just contain an Origin code.
2. It's perfectly fine. When I left on Wednesday it was ~3-4k concurrent during mid-afternoon (US), and I didn't have an issue finding games for any mode (I didn't try CTF though). It sounds like it's grown significantly over the weekend/Black Friday, too.

Edzi

I think it's just a code in the box and the community / player numbers are increasing

1. Yes. The physical boxes just contain an Origin code.
2. It's perfectly fine. When I left on Wednesday it was ~3-4k concurrent during mid-afternoon (US), and I didn't have an issue finding games for any mode (I didn't try CTF though). It sounds like it's grown significantly over the weekend/Black Friday, too.

Thanks, I guess I'll order it then.

mollipen

Most of my gaming takes place in Bounty Hunt but I never get Dry Dock or Crash Site. Honestly can't remember the last time I played either of those maps during BH. Tried a bit of Attrition earlier and got Dry Dock twice but no Crash Site

Just chiming in to say that I've never, ever seen either of those maps in BH, and that's all I play when I play.

Dry Dock definitely, and... not sure about Crash Site, actually. Can't remember where the banks are for that...

Argonomic

The only reason I'm able to kill so many Titans as Ronin is because of the Blade Core.

I find the best setup for him is the 20% core and quicker refresh on phase dash skills.

2OIlB73.png

Ion strays too far
Ronins devour with glee
Now they have Blade Core

(A haiku to the time my witless teammate kept feeding the enemy Ronins in LTS).

Chris1

So, boom town. First time playing in that map after 20h. Why?
Certain maps have more weight than others I think. So the bad maps don't appear as much as others.

They recently changed it I believe because I'm getting Eden etc a lot more now than I was before and haven't seen Complex in a while. Unless I'm just getting lucky.

Renewed

Started multiplayer up when I woke up, figuring I'd give it a swing then go study for my test.

10 hours later

This game is dangerous man. What the heck man.

Top Bottom