• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Perfect slide into my fist lol

UMmXGLq.gif

J.EM1

Been getting my ass kicked this morning. Did the newbies suddenly turn pro overnight? lol

Still having fun though. Did my first pilot regen.

dankir

My best LTS round ever, Legion is a fucking god in LTS if you use him right. I always switch to long distance mode and rack up the damage.

Screenshot-Original.png

This is how we won the match, with a double core finish :) Would have been even sicker if we had a third core ability to finish this guy off with.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/23905722

Match prior to this one, just a really pleasing sequence, lots of Titan pilot kills for me :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/23905677

and then watch this which is sequence right after the video above , god I love smart core.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/23905711

and finally to show you how little damage the evacuation ships have against smart core with unlimited ammo.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/23905698

Gator86

The Titan execution bug is disastrous for Ronin. Missing on one or two execution attempts is almost an automatic lost titan given his garbage health. They really need to fix it ASAP.

SwolBro

Banned
Titanfall 2 |OT2| Whatever the fuck that means

I'm gonna be disappointed if it's not this lmao

this really should be the title. there is no other.

and wow i go out and enjoy friends for 2 days and titanfall explodes?

so many people on right now.

Brizzo24

I don't have a stable/solid internet connection at the moment, so I wouldn't be picking this game up for the MP. Is it a solid enough investment as a single-player campaign? It's $28 at Walmart right now, but not sure if I should pull the trigger for "half"?! a game.

deoee

I don't have a stable/solid internet connection at the moment, so I wouldn't be picking this game up for the MP. Is it a solid enough investment as a single-player campaign? It's $28 at Walmart right now, but not sure if I should pull the trigger for "half"?! a game.

I really liked the SP

Zemm

Anyone else getting lots of whining and complaining in chat from F3 network members?

I am.

Nope. I'm sometimes in that network and haven't seen anyone write in a game either when playing with them or against. A tag called [tfg] on the other hand love alt-right type language. 99% of the chat has just been "gg" though.

J_Viper

It's a great campaign, but it'll only last you about 4 hours.

J2d

I wonder if these people will ever make a hard setting that doesn't seem cheap as fuck? I doubt it. Otherwise I'm enjoying it.

I picked up the game yesterday and my biggest regret was listening to the people that said the movement was bad compared to the first game just because it's different. I'm having an absolute blast. The aiming feels amazing on PC (I was concerned about hip fire being so accurate but it's actually a boon to the game imo, allows for some amazing plays) and performance is exceptional.

That said, is it just me or is the texture quality pretty low? I have everything maxed out and yet there are still a lot of blurry textures, especially on the ground. Kind of unfortunate but still looks really good despite that.

How is the campaign? I've heard amazing things but haven't got around to trying it yet.

That said, is it just me or is the texture quality pretty low? I have everything maxed out and yet there are still a lot of blurry textures, especially on the ground. Kind of unfortunate but still looks really good despite that.
Do you have adaptive resolution slider turned on in settings? Set it to 0 and the game will be less blurry

SwolBro

Banned
i motion to abolish the private invite gaf network in favor of just using the public one.

no one is ever on the titangaf one and frankly there's no point. just keep everyone in the public one. at least you're bound to find some people in it.

I want Respawn to give North Star a cloaking ability. I think the fact that she has no Shield of the six Titans makes her a little underpowered. Even though she does probably have the most powerful primary weapon

I want Respawn to give North Star a cloaking ability. I think the fact that she has no Shield of the six Titans makes her a little underpowered. Even though she does probably have the most powerful primary weapon

North Star has the Plasma Railgun so I'll take any buffs thrown at it haha. My main combo in TF1 was Stryder/Plasma Railgun so nothing comes close imo.

Gator86

The melee in this game is so inconsistent, it really needs some fixing. Right now it's pretty horrible.

It's incredibly frustrating. Respawn did a great job with the QA because there's very few bugs, but the few that exist are fucking infuriating.

SwolBro

Banned

North Star has the Plasma Railgun so I'll take any buffs thrown at it haha. My main combo in TF1 was Stryder/Plasma Railgun so nothing comes close imo.

i dunno. northstar fits a certain role, and in that role it's great.

the most underpowered titan right now is definitely Ronin. It's supposed to be a CQC titan yet it gets ripped apart so easily despite trying to come in and out of combat fast. Ronin does too little damage for the amount of damage he can lose in that scenario.

I get that. I feelthat respawn did a shitty job giving her that new ability where she can see other Titans. It is very pointless considering there's already map hack

Single player is great, $28 is a good price for it. I'd recommend the difficulty above regular though, regular is too easy and will only take you 4 hours.

Zemm

Are there a lot of PC players on GAF? Would love to join a GAF clan or whatever. OriginID is HazardousMetal.

Yes to PC players in general but the GAF network isn't the most active. I've been using other networks like giantbomb lately since there's way more people online. The good thing is you can be in many different clans (networks) at the same time.

Gator86

i dunno. northstar fits a certain role, and in that role it's great.

the most underpowered titan right now is definitely Ronin. It's supposed to be a CQC titan yet it gets ripped apart so easily despite trying to come in and out of combat fast. Ronin does too little damage for the amount of damage he can lose in that scenario.

Ronin is almost fine. Give him one more bullet in the clip and fix the glaring bugs everywhere else and he'll be perfect. Right now, you can't reliably execute so you take tons of extra, non essential damage. Without that glitch, you won't lose an entire bar when Titans blow up in front of you, you won't have to drag out fights an extra 10-15 seconds, etc.

TheRed

Saw almost 9000 players on PC about an hour ago. That's great it's the highest I've personally seen since launch. This game could really grow into something special, man I'm hooked there's just so much to learn and so many things to get better at in the gameplay. I love it and hope more and more people keep getting it on PC. Especially with how all the free DLC is planned is just fantastic.

ACE 1991

This is easily the best multiplayer shooter I've played in years. I think Bounty Hunt is my favorite map, I love the ebb and flow of each match.

RedFury

Man people are so bad at this game. I'm by no means amazing but played a group and their team literally had 5 kills overall. I went 37-0. They kept just trying to jump on my titan over and over again. I got a triple kill with 1 punch (Ion). I sent them messages if they were new and offered to teach them the ropes. Only one answered back. It gave me the idea gaf should hold "pilot training" with gaffers that are new to the game and genuinely want to give MP a fair shake and learn the mechanics. Just get a handful and open a private lobby. Just mess around in the sand box and practice different scenarios. This gave me the idea of different game modes in the process. What do you all think of a game mode with 1 titan the rest pilots and the objective is to survive/take out the most pilots. Then next round titan is rotated to another player. These guys were soooo bad at taking out titans that my idea was summon a titan and have them run around and try to survive and be annoying as possible while doing it.

Top Bottom