• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Just finished the campaign, loved the platforming set pieces but fuuuuuuuck me the main character and his monologues are SO boring.

I'm enjoying the multiplayer far more than I did the tech test, don't think it's as good as the original game but it's still quite fun. Glad I've got this because Battlefield One hasn't grabbed me the way I hoped it might.

Gator86

It's not that bad, annoying, but not infuriating imo.

Next week's patch will fix a lot I reckon.

Yeah, it's one of the top two bugs I hope they address. I would definitely call it infuriating though. Ronin is a high risk, high reward titan, but that risk calculation doesn't work at all without reliable mechanics. He's not really built to shrug off poor positioning or moves. When an execution fails with him, it's one of the biggest swings in the game.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Damn, 30K ppl playing on X1right now ... looks like BF sales did it a lot of good. It was 20K the other night.

The game desperately needs more maps though.

Feels impossible for Sniper Rifles to be good at this game. Volt and Devotion are all pretty much equal to sniping at long ranges and don't punish you for missing as you can keep firing. Tap firing at a long range sseems more accurate than a single bullet sniper.

Chris1

Something I don't think gets enough credit is the new levelling up system. The merit system is really good I think, the more I level up the more I like it. I liked how in Titanfall 1 you got a small xp boost each generation but this way is a lot better I feel.

Might be just me but I wouldn't mind other shooters copying a similar system.

SwolBro

Banned
Ronin is almost fine. Give him one more bullet in the clip and fix the glaring bugs everywhere else and he'll be perfect. Right now, you can't reliably execute so you take tons of extra, non essential damage. Without that glitch, you won't lose an entire bar when Titans blow up in front of you, you won't have to drag out fights an extra 10-15 seconds, etc.
yup, and another thing that is frustrating is using sword core but not being able to accurately tell when the other titan is doomed.

Damn, 30K ppl playing on X1right now ... looks like BF sales did it a lot of good. It was 20K the other night.

The game desperately needs more maps though.

yes, yes yes. they need more maps immediately. i'm astonished they only released with 9. they should have already dropped another 3.

the player base surge is nice but this update should have dropped before black friday.

Tomeru

Yo guys, switched over from IW. Glad I did. Is there a 'tips/things I wish I knew when starting the game' kinda guide?

Just got my first post-match message accusing me of cheating. Lol

Was running Volt, Phase Shift and Smart Pistol. I wonder which of the three pissed him off

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
yes, yes yes. they need more maps immediately. i'm astonished they only released with 9. they should have already dropped another 3.

the player base surge is nice but this update should have dropped before black friday.

And I only draw 4 of these maps playing Bounty Hunt. In comparison, Titanfall shipped with 15 maps and the rotation was fairly consistent across all game modes, IIRC.

KodaRuss

This is easily the best multiplayer shooter I've played in years. I think Bounty Hunt is my favorite map, I love the ebb and flow of each match.

Bounty Hunt is your favorite game mode? Its not a map.

I stick to Bounty Hunt, Attrition and LTS mostly. Amped Hardpoint is alright as the others

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I got ripped by a Ronin who kept teleporting behind me earlier. Normally they're hard to deal with, but this guy really made it move like a freakin robot ninja, wasn't even mad at him.

ta155

I am so much worse at this than I was/am at the first game and I don't really know why. Maybe the standard's higher, but I can't get a feel for it at all even when I go back and forth between the two.

Calderc

Deserves every copy sold. Was legit gonna be done with games if people didn't recognise this for the work of fucking art it is and it slowly languished and died at the expense of COD and Battlefield.

Zemm

Remembering other games I used to play like Destiny and BF1 and how fucking long everything took with menus and loading, especially in MP, this game being so quick with menus and being able to go from the end of one match to the start of another within like 20-30 seconds is such a nice feeling.

GAH, either my aim is TERRIBLE, or my vortex shield is busted, I can't get reliable hits on titans I'm pushing, and next thing I know I'm nailing pilots halfway across the map. Shits whack

GOD the mastiff is fun

E92 M3

Two things:

- How do you get the Gold SRS banner? It's probably my favorite.

- I hope in the controls patch they introduce a sensitivity setting for ADS.

EL CUCO

Tried playing as Tone and Ion today, boooorrring

Scorch 4 lyfe
XMLyMNa.gif

I mean... how are the numbers actually doing? I bought the game yesterday and I haven't been able to find enough players to play one single game of Pilot vs. Pilot...

I remember that playlist not being so popular in Titanfall 1 but I'd be shocked to hear the same thing from this game as well.

Pilot v pilot just isnt very popular. I see why. The titans add a lot to the gameplay. Removing them takes a lot away and it becomes closer to the likes of CoD. But hard to say what numbers are exactly but they went from 10-15k up to about 20-25k this weekend. Thanks BF deals.

Tried playing as Tone and Ion today, boooorrring

Scorch 4 lyfe

Tone is certainly boring but Ion? No way. Very versatile titan.

Picked this up like a lot of people on PSN Black Friday. Man, this game looks so good on ps pro.

Also, I have no idea what I'm doing. But it seems like a lot of people have no idea what they're doing because somehow I'm one of the top players every round.

TheRed

Is there anything I should do before regen? I haven't spent any of my credits is that something I should do or does it not matter and I can use them later if I want to.

Just want to make sure I don't miss anything since I just got to 50 and haven't done a prestige type thing since CoD MW2.

Is there anything I should do before regen? I haven't spent any of my credits is that something I should do or does it not matter and I can use them later if I want to.

Just want to make sure I don't miss anything since I just got to 50 and haven't done a prestige type thing since CoD MW2.

Just bank them and buy your current loadout once you regen, unless you want to go with a new one on the regen.

Ishmae1

All the weapons and Titans keep all the individual upgrades you've earned, but you have to pay to unlock the weapons / titans for immediate use, or just earn the level back that unlocks them normally.

Most painful is the boosts and factions, as they all re-lock and aren't cheap to re-unlock immediately.

Couleurs

Just picked this up last night; damn, people weren't joking in the various threads we've had about the campaign being awesome. This is the first time in probably...10+ years that I've felt compelled enough to beat a game the day I bought it. Every time I beat a chapter I was like "well let's see what this one is about then take a little break", but that break never came until the end credits rolled.

I haven't read through the thread yet since I didn't want anything spoiled, but I'm guessing the
time travel
level is universally loved. That was the most fun I had in a level in a long time.

Can't wait to get going in multiplayer. I took a look at the options before logging off and it seems brute and expedition titans aren't available, which is disappointing since those were the types I used the most during the campaign. (unless they're unlockable but hidden). So i'm not sure what type I'll focus on.

Added myself to the spreadsheet!

Question: Why is there another NeoGAf ( [GAF] Network ) on PS4 with 3950 members? The official one listed in the OP (TITANGAF, [TGAF]) has 205 members.

KodaRuss

Can someone explain the title lol?

Tone is a she. As well as Northstar.

It was kind of a surprise to everyone in a dev diary or something that Respawn put out talking about Tone and saying her while calling other Titans him.

Thats about it, its not great but there have been worse titles out there. I am sure OP feels very bad about it!

Animator

Is there a way to turn off hints in multiplayer? This shit is driving me crazy. Thanks respawn I think I know how to play the game after 100 hours without you throwing hints on my face that take up %25 of the screen every 20 seconds.

Top Bottom