• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Joyful

Tone is a she. As well as Northstar.

It was kind of a surprise to everyone in a dev diary or something that Respawn put out talking about Tone and saying her while calling other Titans him.

Thats about it, its not great but there have been worse titles out there. I am sure OP feels very bad about it!

6TlePRO.gif

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Is there a way to turn off hints in multiplayer? This shit is driving me crazy. Thanks respawn I think I know how to play the game after 100 hours without you throwing hints on my face that take up %25 of the screen every 20 seconds.

One of the pregame hints is that you customize your HUD which includes turning those off :p

deoee

Is there a way to turn off hints in multiplayer? This shit is driving me crazy. Thanks respawn I think I know how to play the game after 100 hours without you throwing hints on my face that take up %25 of the screen every 20 seconds.

You can turn off some stuff, don't know about what options tho :S

Yes. In video options, under HUD Options. Turn off tips. I also recommend turning off Callsign events (banners) and level ceremony too.

Argonomic

There is an option to disable it. Clearly not a clear enough option, though.

Edzi

Decided to cancel the physical order and just buy it through Origin, it's downloading now. Never played the original, so are there any general tips I should keep in mind when starting out?

Zyphos

Neo Member
Ran into my first obvious cheater today. He started both games I played with him with "GLHF play fair :)" and then proceeded to get insta cross map headshots with the DMR without having to aim at all. Second game I had him in the second the game started everyone on BOTH teams said in all chat to report him, which I found pretty funny. Hopefully he gets banned sooner rather than later.

On a somewhat related note, it is a GIGANTIC pain in the ass to navigate the scoreboard to report people in game on PC.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
People said it would die on PC after a week...

Yep/ Apparently, it's dead now? XD It has more people playing than Infinite Warfare, by the way.

"Guys, is the MP even populated? How many players are there?"

7500 players on PC at 01:38. That's a huuuge improvement :D

LOL! I remember people saying that the odds of player population climbing after the first week of release is slim to none. There's now close to 26K players on PS4 and it's kinda late. I really hope this holds up. If it does, Respawn should roll out a free multiplayer weekend with players being able to level and then carry it over if they decide to buy the full game. I gather, most people will dig it once they get a taste.

Yes. In video options, under HUD Options. Turn off tips. I also recommend turning off Callsign events (banners) and level ceremony too.

I kinda am tiptoeing around that. I want to turn 'em off, but at the same time, I want to see that level up thing whenever it happens since that means I can switch weapons, Titans, etc. :)

SwolBro

Banned
Is there anything I should do before regen? .

You should purchase stuff for your default load out.

for example i immediately went and spent money on stim, the volt, a specific boost (battery regen) etc. And then go from there whenever you feel you want something immediately available to you after a regen. So after your first regen just go ahead and start unlocking stuff with the credits.

Dez_

The recent sales really helped boost the population on PS4. Nice to have more players around.

After spending so much time with Ion and Scorch, I have finally started to work on leveling up Northstar. I know how to play NS, but the fact that the trap tether button was hot keyed to L1 instead of triangle, like Ion and Scorch have drives me nuts. I keep accidentally flying more times than I should when I meant to drop a tether and retreat. I wish it was possible to flip those around.

In any case, I just hit gen 2 with Scorch. I really had a lot of fun with his play style. Put a dash on him and up the damage to his flame shield and it's a good time.

This game is too fucking good.

Obliterated the hell out of the enemy team one match, got our asses thoroughly handed to us on the next. It doesn't matter - it was all a good time.

So I'm running this Pilot loadout that's a complete detriment to my team every time. Kraber and Phase Rewind have to be the worst things in the game. Why bother with a slow, hard-to-aim weapon when you can just 2-shot anyone at similar ranges with a faster weapon? And I still don't see a point to Phase Rewind. A waste of a boost, personally. Unless I'm proven wrong.

h0tp0ck3t

So is it common for level 3 players to be matched up against full teams of fucking level 50's or should I just not be playing at midnight

Having a match where there's no way the enemy team can win, only for your ISP to throttle you for no reason for a period of time; letting the enemy team have a massive comeback feels like the biggest punch in the face.

Marc

Picked this up in the cheap HMV deal, glad I did.

Campaign is very compelling, love the voice acting, gameplay and story so far. Pretty addictive really, been playing it far too long tonight.

The multiplayer side of things, I have been playing BF1 non-stop so the speed of it was crazy. Was getting smashed, now holding my own a bit more with the odd good round. Before BF1 and Battlefront, I haven't really played multiplayer for a long time (barring some FIFA and last of us) so not used to this pace. Christ, those menu's and auto-start of a new round are like heaven after BF1. Really no thrills stuff and lacks that AAA feel, but it gets the job done better than most so who cares. The maps and spawn points are really confusing though, it takes me a while before I get my bearings and get shot up pretty quickly if I don't move. Minimap helps to be fair, just getting used to it.

I really wish we could build a look for our pilot, the unlocks for paint might help but if I like a certain ability but don't like the look of the pilot I am shallow and will want to pick something else.

Any tips for a new Titanfall 2 player? Best guns, best loadouts, best titans, best way to approach combat? I tried with the shotgun at the start as it is brilliant fun in single player. But would have to run like a maniac to try and get in peoples faces where I can actually use the shotgun, which just got me killed a lot. Dropped that and going with the assault rifle instead, now doing a lot better.

So is it common for level 3 players to be matched up against full teams of fucking level 50's or should I just not be playing at midnight

What mode are you playing?

I played some PvP and it was full of G2+ players, and I was like level 20 at the time, haha.

I dont see huge imbalances between levels that often though in normal modes. Just play Amped Hard point and defend the base you start at, you will be at the top of the chart every game! heh

patchday

Added myself to the spreadsheet!

Question: Why is there another NeoGAf ( [GAF] Network ) on PS4 with 3950 members? The official one listed in the OP (TITANGAF, [TGAF]) has 205 members.

huh will keep that in mind. I just got it for ps4. Will start playing tomorrow most likely.

But first will beat the campaign. Been playing so many multiplayer only games over past few months so been on a single player kick lately :D

wew one of my first matches

Yb1n2Fd.png
Just saw that score a few games back myself.

Level doesn't matter, the game already gives you some of the best stuff in the game at the start .
True for the most part, short of scopes, quick aim times, firing on the run, extra ammo and fast reloads. But map knowledge goes a long way, as always in these kinds of games. That's still tremendously imbalanced, but that's Titanfall. I remember my matches in TF1 were all against multiple gen players, every time.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Campaign is very compelling, love the voice acting, gameplay and story so far. Pretty addictive really, been playing it far too long tonight.

The multiplayer side of things, I have been playing BF1 non-stop so the speed of it was crazy. Was getting smashed, now holding my own a bit more with the odd good round. Before BF1 and Battlefront, I haven't really played multiplayer for a long time (barring some FIFA and last of us) so not used to this pace. Christ, those menu's and auto-start of a new round are like heaven after BF1. Really no thrills stuff and lacks that AAA feel, but it gets the job done better than most so who cares. The maps and spawn points are really confusing though, it takes me a while before I get my bearings and get shot up pretty quickly if I don't move. Minimap helps to be fair, just getting used to it.

I really wish we could build a look for our pilot, the unlocks for paint might help but if I like a certain ability but don't like the look of the pilot I am shallow and will want to pick something else.

Any tips for a new Titanfall 2 player? Best guns, best loadouts, best titans, best way to approach combat? I tried with the shotgun at the start as it is brilliant fun in single player. But would have to run like a maniac to try and get in peoples faces where I can actually use the shotgun, which just got me killed a lot. Dropped that and going with the assault rifle instead, now doing a lot better.

Find the appropriate loadout that works for you. Almost every gun and weapon are viable, so don't be afraid to experiment. There's no "god-tier" weapon that everyone needs to use as well. Some prefer the assault rifles, while others are good with SMGs, etc. Same with Titans.

Tone is the easiest to use and has the most versatile kit, but experiment. If you want to get down and dirty, use Scorch and Ronin. The game is deceptively deep -- so much so that everyone here in the OT has different faves.

For tacticals, maybe try Cloak first and then the hook to get a better grasp of the mobility. I mostly prefer Stim and Phase for my builds, but I've seen people here use the hook to great effect as well.

If you need help, ask GAF. This OT has been super helpful. Just be ready since it moves kinda fast.

----

I kinda want to use Ronin's extra dash ability, but every now and then and I get this: https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/802736243742097408 and I kinda think Nuclear is a must-get. :D

Level doesn't matter, the game already gives you some of the best stuff in the game at the start .

Yep. I can safely say, this is one of those games where literally the level is just a number. I use the Gen5 patch just to show how much time I've sunk in, but the gear? Nah. I use the starting weapons mostly, even. :D (Car and Volt and EVA 8).

See above. But I get what you're saying. The old players know the maps, and what needs to be done in each situation. In that sense, yeah, it should put you in lower level rooms. I sometimes get matches where I'm matched against teams or squads. Super hard to win, but I take that as a compliment since that means the matchmaking thing puts me in a match where it thinks I'm on even ground. Sucks to have to carry teammates every time though.

h0tp0ck3t

What mode are you playing?

I played some PvP and it was full of G2+ players, and I was like level 20 at the time, haha.

I dont see huge imbalances between levels that often though in normal modes. Just play Amped Hard point and defend the base you start at, you will be at the top of the chart every game! heh

I was trying Hardpoint but I switched to Attrition and seems to be alot more even there.
Also I'm drunk so that is probably not helping lol

I just suck then lol also see above

I was trying Hardpoint but I switched to Attrition and seems to be alot more even there.
Also I'm drunk so that is probably not helping lol

I just suck then lol also see above

Attrition is good too. I like to play Mixtape now, but otherwise Attrition and Amped Hard Point are the only ones queue for.

Seriously though, play AHP, run to the first base, and defend it the whole game.

- Use cloak or Sonar since they are easier to use at the start
- R201 and CAR are really good standard guns to start with
- Use the MGL against titans

Your team will likely win if you can hold your base the whole game, and you will be a the top of the leaderboard. :p

Gator86

Cloak, volt, tone is pretty foolproof for the most part. Don't try to force crazy wall running stuff until you're more comfortable with it and the maps. Use hipfire more than you think you should - that's actually the correct amount. Stick with your team when in titans. You'll figure out the rest pretty quickly.

Oh yeah, don't run directly at a Titan's face trying to mount it. For some reason, people in this game think that's a thing you should do. You're just going to get punched into mist unless the titan is garbage.

jeffc919

Played 99% with the starting carbine most of the way up to level 50. The Hemlock is really clicking for me now though, especially on maps like Eden and Exoplanet where there are longer range gun fights.

On a separate note, I really want to see my stats. I'm surprised there hasn't been a patch for that yet.

Joyful

Played 99% with the starting carbine most of the way up to level 50. The Hemlock is really clicking for me now though, especially on maps like Eden and Exoplanet where there are longer range gun fights.

On a separate note, I really want to see my stats. I'm surprised there hasn't been a patch for that yet.

stats are coming in patch on November 30th

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Has anyone had any luck with the r-97 smg?

That gun is pretty terrible. It might have the highest fire rate in the game, but TTK with that gun is so much lower than every other weapon that there's really no point in using it when every other SMG is better than it in every way. If you want a high fire rate weapon that kills twice as fast as the R-97, Devotion is the way to go even if it needs a start time to get going.

Rayme

The Titan execution bug is disastrous for Ronin. Missing on one or two execution attempts is almost an automatic lost titan given his garbage health. They really need to fix it ASAP.

The melee in this game is so inconsistent, it really needs some fixing. Right now it's pretty horrible.

It's incredibly frustrating. Respawn did a great job with the QA because there's very few bugs, but the few that exist are fucking infuriating.

We introduced a bug in PC's melee in a patch ~2 weeks ago (PS4/XB1 avoided it). Lame lame lame, but all should be well again when this week's patch goes live. If it's any consolation I die from it every night I play on PC, so that's some sort of karma (?).

- I hope in the controls patch they introduce a sensitivity setting for ADS.

Gosh that'd be swell. Lazy devs tho so I duuno.

Are private lobbies every going to get more options?

https://youtu.be/NpsuEcKW8ZE?t=2m57s

(That is: eventually. Some neat stuff that could be done too, but needs more work.)

_Clash_

Hot damn just clocked the campaign. Loved it.

See how I go with multiplayer. Elite paddles are gonna be handy. The hair triggers certainly are.

Why does the Archer sometimes veer off completely even if I have a lock?

Sometimes it comes back and hits a titan 10 seconds later, other times it disappears in to the abyss. Probably just gonna go back to my trusty MGL.

I'm really going to have to give it a try sooner or later. It just feels so unwieldy that it feels like pretty much everything else before it in the smg class is so much better.

That gun is pretty terrible. It might have the highest fire rate in the game, but TTK with that gun is so much lower than every other weapon that there's really no point in using it when every other SMG is better than it in every way. If you want a high fire rate weapon that kills twice as fast as the R-97, Devotion is the way to go even if it needs a start time to get going.
Yeah that's basically my experience with it. Can't get it to click at all. Don't like the volt much either but the alternator and CAR outclass the hell out of the r-97.

Neptonic

https://youtu.be/NpsuEcKW8ZE?t=2m57s[/url]

(That is: eventually. Some neat stuff that could be done too, but needs more work.)

Sweet. If any game has a really customizable private match feature, I'll play it for years with my buddies. We still play stupid rulesets we made up in Black Ops 2.
Love this game. :)

Loving the game so far, but the sound quality is really overly compressed and that's very disappointing. Low end sounds give off a high pitched compression noise when using headphones and the creative x7 processor. Very noticeable online.

Other than that, hope it gets the rainbow six siege treatment word of mouth support.

KodaRuss

Everytime I Consider buying it I ask myself if I'm really going to play it over tf2.

The answer is always no.

Same here. I kinda want it but I know it is going to frustrate the shit out of me running halfway across the map only to get sniped and have to do it all over again.

Gator86

We introduced a bug in PC's melee in a patch ~2 weeks ago (PS4/XB1 avoided it). Lame lame lame, but all should be well again when this week's patch goes live. If it's any consolation I die from it every night I play on PC, so that's some sort of karma (?).

Gosh that'd be swell. Lazy devs tho so I duuno.

https://youtu.be/NpsuEcKW8ZE?t=2m57s

I'm glad you guys are on top of it. Is there no bug on PS4? Sometimes I'll beat an enemy Titan from non-doomed until death and get absolutely nothing. When I play Ronin, I just assume there's better odds than not the execution won't activate and I'll get wrecked for no fault of my own. That can't be working as intended, right?

Top Bottom