• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

We introduced a bug in PC's melee in a patch ~2 weeks ago (PS4/XB1 avoided it). Lame lame lame, but all should be well again when this week's patch goes live. If it's any consolation I die from it every night I play on PC, so that's some sort of karma (?).

Gosh that'd be swell. Lazy devs tho so I duuno.

https://youtu.be/NpsuEcKW8ZE?t=2m57s

(That is: eventually. Some neat stuff that could be done too, but needs more work.)

Can u tell us if the patch notes will hit before or after November 29th, 11 am EST?

Naar

We introduced a bug in PC's melee in a patch ~2 weeks ago (PS4/XB1 avoided it). Lame lame lame, but all should be well again when this week's patch goes live. If it's any consolation I die from it every night I play on PC, so that's some sort of karma (?).

(That is: eventually. Some neat stuff that could be done too, but needs more work.)

I tried avoiding posting this thinking that it would be fixed in the upcoming patch but roughly 2 weeks after the game launched if I don't press multiplayer in the main menu within 3 seconds of it appearing I will get a message saying "trying to contact respawn servers"

Then the launch button is greyed out and I cannot enter multiplayer

Once I do enter, I am no longer in my network (or any network) and I have to wait roughly 5 minutes for everything to load. Even when my network loaded in and I can see my friend in the network, I cannot use the network invite function for a while until EVERYTHING loads in :\

This didn't happen the first couple of weeks I had the game. I uninstalled and installed the game and was able to immediately load into multiplayer but after the first time I had the loading issue again.

Even after transferring everything to PS4 pro, again the first time it was flawless but then the loading issue happens again.

I assume the patch will fix this but if not well then at least you are aware of it :)

Just to be clear if I plan to play online by myself I have to wait roughly 30 seconds for my network to load in and then I can join a game, but if I want to do stuff like network invite/friend invite I have to wait up to 5 minutes for everything to load in (stuff like message of the day, number of network members, and even how long until happy hour starts doesn't show) sometimes I will even log in a few minutes before happy hour and it will say "happy hour merits collected today" then after a few minutes it will say "happy hour starts in a few minutes"

Holy hell first 1/2 of my night was great

Pitter patter of decent games, then suddenly the most lopsided bounty hunt game ever (my first RQ)

The next match we lost by one point, and the timer ticked to 0 after I turned a corner to see at least EIGHT BOTS. I was off by like 1 seconds, crazy.

And then I went ham with my mastiff again, and had a crazy game that basically took place entirely in the little square area next to one of the spawns on Eden. Awesome.

I need to start recording my games, pulled off some monster Ion shots

ya know it's kinda funny that tone is the most powerful titan now because she's also by far the most boring one to play as

also does ion laser do more damage the longer you hold it?

SwolBro

Banned
So I'm running this Pilot loadout that's a complete detriment to my team every time. Kraber and Phase Rewind have to be the worst things in the game. Why bother with a slow, hard-to-aim weapon when you can just 2-shot anyone at similar ranges with a faster weapon? And I still don't see a point to Phase Rewind. A waste of a boost, personally. Unless I'm proven wrong.

The kraber is the same as the first game. It's a hard weapon to master but once you do it's fun as hell and you can actually hold your own and even destroy pub matches.

obviously vs good good players it won't be so viable.

See how I go with multiplayer. Elite paddles are gonna be handy. The hair triggers certainly are.
Oh yes the elite is the only way to play this game on console. jump and slide should be on paddles

Yeah, it'd be swell if a separate aim sensitivity was introduced for Titans.

The kraber is the same as the first game. It's a hard weapon to master but once you do it's fun as hell and you can actually hold your own and even destroy pub matches.

Oh yes the elite is the only way to play this game on console. jump and slide should be on paddles

Yeah, it'd be swell if a separate aim sensitivity was introduced for Titans.
tfw don't have an XB1 :/

Wow the campaign is really damn good, Im pretty sure I'm towards the end but it's been fun throughout the entire thing so far. Unfortunately it's gonna be over looked by overrated games like uncharted 4 when game of the year awards come out.

SwolBro

Banned
Wow the campaign is really damn good, Im pretty sure I'm towards the end but it's been fun throughout the entire thing so far. Unfortunately it's gonna be over looked by overrated games like uncharted 4 when game of the year awards come out.

truth. it really should get campaign of the year.

SwolBro

Banned
Man, some people are just fucking terrible at this game. Let's keep running toward the turret that keeps killing us over and over.

that's the COD mentality.

they're so used to going around corners and shooting things that it doesn't matter how many times they die. they keep doing it over and over. they assume it's natural.

Neptonic

that's the COD mentality.

they're so used to going around corners and shooting things that it doesn't matter how many times they die. they keep doing it over and over. they assume it's natural.
I keep forgetting it's not Overwatch and the TTK is super low, so I need to stop approaching titans from the front. Like I do it constantly.

Durden77

First I thought I would hate Scorch. Now I'm all about Scorch.

Went ahead and added myself to the spreadsheet. I think it just let me join without a request? But I'm not sure. TitanGaf is showing as my active network.

rhythm

Neo Member
Just watched Frothy's tier list and Flatline in C tier? The recoil really isnt hard to deal with at all imho, whether it's long or close range. And oh man this thing mows people down in close range; I've lost count of how many multis I've gotten with it. I've been consistent with it throughout, racking up over 700+ kills in the week I've switched over to it. I honestly think it's better than the Volt, and I spent a fair amount of time with that gun as well, with 300+ kills.

Man, some people are just fucking terrible at this game. Let's keep running toward the turret that keeps killing us over and over.

Some people also tend to punch them since its one hit knock out instead of wasting bullets. I am one of those people
that sometimes dies cause those things are insanely good at tracking.

Evidently, that is the case. It used to be unlocked later, so it made sense to be difficult to use. Maybe the double zoom levels make up for it? It's a bit faster to reload too, I think. I haven't tried the Longbow DMR yet, which I preferred in the previous game, so maybe I'll prefer that again.

I played for 12 hours today. I have reached gen 10 after 200 hours.

Send help.

You should roll with the Dew crew (tm) if you are playing on PC. Ask Grif about it.

Alx

ya know it's kinda funny that tone is the most powerful titan now because she's also by far the most boring one to play as

Yes, I was doing fine with Tone (and Legion) when I tried it first, but I can't get myself to use it any more. Ronin and Northstar are so much more fun.
I also tried putting more time into Scorch, it's clearly effective for area damage, but it's too slow for my tastes. Also I'm always worried about setting fire to an area and damaging my teammates.

I also got to love the Hemlock again. For some reason I was terrible with it at launch (while it felt fine in TF1), I was shooting my three bullets everywhere but on target, but now it's deadly again. I even got some kills from across the map that I would consider cheap if I was at the receiving end, the target was barely visible. :D

After putting in some more hours on PC, I'm finally starting to like this MP.

stilll not quite as fluid at parkour as I was in R1, but it's nice to know that I'm enjoying this game now that I've given it some time.

(now fix Ronin plz krhnxbye)

LOZLINK

Just beat the SP. That was glorious, last few levels were intense as hell. Overall my favourite fps campaign in a long time. Hopefully theyll make a sequel

Yes, I was doing fine with Tone (and Legion) when I tried it first, but I can't get myself to use it any more. Ronin and Northstar are so much more fun.
I also tried putting more time into Scorch, it's clearly effective for area damage, but it's too slow for my tastes. Also I'm always worried about setting fire to an area and damaging my teammates.

I also got to love the Hemlock again. For some reason I was terrible with it at launch (while it felt fine in TF1), I was shooting my three bullets everywhere but on target, but now it's deadly again. I even got some kills from across the map that I would consider cheap if I was at the receiving end, the target was barely visible. :D
You can't do damage to your teammates, just yourself and enemies.

Meccs

Man I just bought it on PC and the MP is a ton of fun. Even though I just started and don't know the maps or weapons that well I feel like I'm still contributing to the match in a good way. I was actually surprised how well I did the first games. I just hope people will continue playing it... free map dlc was the only logical choice.

Does the SP help you in any way to understand the weapons and different gadgets better? I will play it anyway but I'm not sure if I should play it first.

Alx

Does the SP help you in any way to understand the weapons and different gadgets better? I will play it anyway but I'm not sure if I should play it first.

Yes, it's a good way to get familiar with the parkour, and it lets you try the different titan types (they only unlock in a specific order throughout the missions). You can also pick all the regular weapons from killed foes. It won't help much for gadgets and anti-titan weapons though.

FiraB

Banned
Spent most the night playing the MP, drydock can suck it. Such a boring map choice and it pops up all the time. Haven't started the single player yet but hopefully will give it a shot later.

Now that's convenient. Not very logical, but convenient. ^^

It mean scorches go great in twos since you can immerse each other in thermite.

christ dude. make sure you take breaks and walk around.

Oh, I definitely did. But CTF tourney -> casual play -> stomping with the DEW crew sucked the day away.

Montage 70% done. Delayed due to me playing the game too damn much.

From Reddit:
RevolvingShorttermCaudata.gif

MadImmaculateCopepod.gif

I'm really impressed with this game. Bought the bundle on X1 that includes BF1. Been playing this the most. Haven't dared to join a mp session yet, though. I'm generally not very good at FPS, I tense up :S.

The wall running and jumping element is really well done. It makes you approach the environment differently - and attack differently. Although so far I seem to mostly run up and off the walls to escape. I'm at the level - probably relatively early in the campaign - where I'm about to reunite with the titan, but I have to fend of several waves of enemies first, while some toxic waste is drained or something in order for a door to open so that the titan can enter the area. I keep getting killed by these GoW type explosive crawling drones, though. And I do try to approach every round differently. Maybe someone has a tip for me? It doesn't get repetitive, though. And taking control of the titan is very rewarding.

The Pilot Gauntlet is impossible for me :v I'm too bad at this game.

I wouldn't care except it's the only trophy standing in my way from getting a Platinum.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Getting some real bad lag on the Belgium and London servers today.

I've been getting some rubberbanding since the other day, and I have no idea why. :( It goes away and then comes back again even if I switch Data Centers.

That said, I can sometimes stomach the 200+ms games and I still do quite well, thankfully.

I know people are tired of it, but man, PS4 players already at 18K now and it's super early in the US. :D

Hope this continues. Respawn really needs a splash/introductory page when the game boots up so they can advertise that "Free DLC" thing, and maybe let the new players know a new map and stuff is coming in this week. Battlefield 1 does it to great effect,I think.

Calderc

This game makes me want to stream/make Youtube videos for it so bad but I have none of the equipment for it and a shitty ass PC.

Sorry I'm letting you down Titanfall ;(

Chris1

Hope this continues. Respawn really needs a splash/introductory page when the game boots up so they can advertise that "Free DLC" thing, and maybe let the new players know a new map and stuff is coming in this week. Battlefield 1 does it to great effect,I think.

Titanfall 1 had a welcome message on the main screen, don't know where it will fit now with networks but I agree. They should have had it in place at launch to advertise it before CoD and stuff comes out and takes players away imo.

There's still a lot of people that don't know the game has free DLC, even on Neogaf in Titanfall threads you always see people say "Wait, this game has free DLC?".

E92 M3

So is it common for level 3 players to be matched up against full teams of fucking level 50's or should I just not be playing at midnight

The first guns unlocked are some of the best in the game and Titans are unlocked very quickly.

Having quicker ADS in Titans and for my G2 will be gawd-like.

Drewfonse

Just watched Frothy's tier list and Flatline in C tier? The recoil really isnt hard to deal with at all imho, whether it's long or close range. And oh man this thing mows people down in close range; I've lost count of how many multis I've gotten with it. I've been consistent with it throughout, racking up over 700+ kills in the week I've switched over to it. I honestly think it's better than the Volt, and I spent a fair amount of time with that gun as well, with 300+ kills.

Shhhhh, don't let anyone else know. Muahahaha

I played for 12 hours today. I have reached gen 10 after 200 hours.

Send help.

You should roll with the Dew crew (tm) if you are playing on PC. Ask Grif about it.

WTF. Hasn't this game only been out for 3 weeks? How is that even possible?

Geist-

Shhhhh, don't let anyone else know. Muahahaha

WTF. Hasn't this game only been out for 3 weeks? How is that even possible?
1-50 isn't really that hard, especially with liberal use of 2xp codes during Happy Hour. I'm halfway through G4 at 95 hours, so G10 at 200 isn't unreasonable.

Gorillaz

Everytime I Consider buying it I ask myself if I'm really going to play it over tf2.

The answer is always no.

That's been me all weekend. Like im saying to myself I'm a really going to play it when I've been all over this and recently back into overwatch as well? Probably get BF1 months down the line if I really want it at this point

edit: Just had a hardpoint game where I had my titan twice between half of the team had theres first. Got tripled team both times by the enemy titan. Some situations you honestly can't carry a team if they either won't follow the object and can't even get more titans out on the field for you. It's painful.

Ordnance Expert with Fire Star or Electric Smoke is ridiculously fun.

Group of Spectres or Grunts, toss a smoke and leave them to die in seconds.

Pilot vs Pilot situation, panic Fire Star and watch the world burn.

Marc

Thanks for the tips guys!

Find the appropriate loadout that works for you. Almost every gun and weapon are viable, so don't be afraid to experiment. There's no "god-tier" weapon that everyone needs to use as well. Some prefer the assault rifles, while others are good with SMGs, etc. Same with Titans.

Tone is the easiest to use and has the most versatile kit, but experiment. If you want to get down and dirty, use Scorch and Ronin. The game is deceptively deep -- so much so that everyone here in the OT has different faves.

For tacticals, maybe try Cloak first and then the hook to get a better grasp of the mobility. I mostly prefer Stim and Phase for my builds, but I've seen people here use the hook to great effect as well.

If you need help, ask GAF. This OT has been super helpful. Just be ready since it moves kinda fast.

Cool, I'll experiment with the guns then. I know I couldn't get to grips with the shotgun at least.

I was playing with Ion to start with, will try out tone tonight. Although I just found out about the red baron skin for Ion. FashionFall comes first. :D

Played the hook first but found myself just hitting the side of buildings so tried out Stim which seems cool but need to learn the best time to use it. Need to try cloak then, I saw a lot of people using it and seems very effective.

Cloak, volt, tone is pretty foolproof for the most part. Don't try to force crazy wall running stuff until you're more comfortable with it and the maps. Use hipfire more than you think you should - that's actually the correct amount. Stick with your team when in titans. You'll figure out the rest pretty quickly.

Oh yeah, don't run directly at a Titan's face trying to mount it. For some reason, people in this game think that's a thing you should do. You're just going to get punched into mist unless the titan is garbage.

Volt I need to rank up for, will check it out when I can. I can't stop jumping into slides at the moment, too much fun! But yeah, I'm not effective with it at all yet.

I've been running into buildings, just hitting it with my titan weapon and throwing grenades for the most part.

Top Bottom