• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Fun game. Going from 90% PC games to console is taking some time to adjust. I'm really missing using a mouse but the PC community for TF1 died after what seemed like a few months. Don't really want to deal with that again. Getting thrown against groups of 4-5 dudes that are clearly on the same party needs to be fixed. It happened 3-4 times when I was playing alone last night and it really killed my mood.

The helmet indeed looks cool, but I figured long-term I'd get more out of a triple-dip than I would out of the Halloween costume edition. But the scarf really does make the whole thing next level. Anyway, Amazon isn't shipping them? They're out right? Yeah, couldn't get one even if I wanted to at this point. Nope. Couldn't be done...

Amazon has screwed a bunch of people, they didn't get enough inventory and don't know if and when they will get more in. Amazon is also claiming the Vangaurd never had release dated guarantee and is not doing anything for us.

NuKERxyz

Any news on performance and resolution on consoles? I have friends on both Xbox One and Ps4, just trying to get the more stable version.

B00TE

Getting thrown against groups of 4-5 dudes that are clearly on the same party needs to be fixed. It happened 3-4 times when I was playing alone last night and it really killed my mood.

Yeah, this does need to get looked at. My first game this morning was against a stack and it suuuuucked.

Woke up and got excited to get on and do MP, lolno Comcast has decided to not have internet for whatever reason. FFS

It literialy went offline the second I booted up Origin too

Edit - It's back but now I can't find a data center just like last night, on PC.

Came here to find out if I was the only one.

Couple of my friends now also are not getting theirs from amazon, see a bunch on reddit and other forums also getting notice from amazon.

Real shitty as we all preordered right away after the show announcement, yet people who got in lucky preorders in Septembers or earlier this month got their Vanguard edition.

Played for a few hours last night on PS4. Love the game. Having much more fun than I was with BF1.

I added my name to the spreadsheet, may I please get an invite to PS4 Titangaf? I only play late night west coast time.

PSN SmokedOyster

My first game was so laggy it was unplayable. It felt like I was walking in molasses, not rubberbanding. 2nd game was better, then the rest of the games for the night were fine. I had about a 34ms ping to the Oregon servers.

Framerate is decent, better than BF1 for sure, but plenty of dropped frames in hectic situations. I was also getting a lot of dropped frames when my Titan was falling. Does the game load the titan assets when you call it in or something? Seemed to get dropped frames every single time my Titan was falling down from the sky.

Where is the Red Baron skin? I can't seem to find it, even though I have BF1 and TF2 both installed on my PS4.

I think Tone is my favorite Titan right now. The 40mm was my favorite in TF1, so I naturally gravitated towards that here, and I like it a lot. I tried Legion but the spin up on his gun catches me off guard sometimes.

I can tell there is a lot to learn about titans, and how to synergize their various attacks and abilities. I find myself forgetting to use secondary abilities in the heat of battle.

I mostly played Attrition just so I could get back into the feel of Titanfall after a year of playing BO3. The movement looks similar on paper, but feels totally different in practice. Takes some adjusting. I also need to get used to hipfiring more often. I'm so accustomed to ADS'ing everything and I don't think it's too necessary in TF2.

Anyway, loving the game overall, can't wait to play more.

CyberChulo

Just downloaded it on my work PS4. Forgive me if I ended up on your team in MP. I'm waiting to play the single player with my wife when I get home so I don't know all the controls yet. This is also my first time playing a TF game. However, at least I'm coming in 2nd and 3rd place since playing for about 4 matches in Bounty and Attrition. Just learned how to eject from a Titan. Loving this game so far and the Pro will make it that much better!

RedFury

Played for a few hours last night on PS4. Love the game. Having much more fun than I was with BF1.

I added my name to the spreadsheet, may I please get an invite to PS4 Titangaf? I only play late night west coast time.

PSN SmokedOyster

My first game was so laggy it was unplayable. It felt like I was walking in molasses, not rubberbanding. 2nd game was better, then the rest of the games for the night were fine. I had about a 34ms ping to the Oregon servers.

Framerate is decent, better than BF1 for sure, but plenty of dropped frames in hectic situations. I was also getting a lot of dropped frames when my Titan was falling. Does the game load the titan assets when you call it in or something? Seemed to get dropped frames every single time my Titan was falling down from the sky.

Where is the Red Baron skin? I can't seem to find it, even though I have BF1 and TF2 both installed on my PS4.

I think Tone is my favorite Titan right now. The 40mm was my favorite in TF1, so I naturally gravitated towards that here, and I like it a lot. I tried Legion but the spin up on his gun catches me off guard sometimes.

I can tell there is a lot to learn about titans, and how to synergize their various attacks and abilities. I find myself forgetting to use secondary abilities in the heat of battle.

I mostly played Attrition just so I could get back into the feel of Titanfall after a year of playing BO3. The movement looks similar on paper, but feels totally different in practice. Takes some adjusting. I also need to get used to hipfiring more often. I'm so accustomed to ADS'ing everything and I don't think it's too necessary in TF2.

Anyway, loving the game overall, can't wait to play more.
I'll send out invites as soon as I get out of work later today.

Oh yeah one other thing I forgot to mention. The lack of proper lobbies and "winners circle" makes the camos kind of pointless. I mean, it's not like you can really pay attention to anyone's camos in game. No chance for bragging rights.

It also feels kind of disconnected without lobbies. It's like there is no flow from one match to the next, no chance to redeem myself against that player on the other team who killed me, no map voting, nothing like that. I'm just getting dropped into random match after random match with a different set of players each time. I would much rather they used a COD style lobby, and a COD style winners circle at the end of matches.

Sanjuro

Hoping someone else unloads some Buffalo Wild Wing codes again. Ended up coming with the Mountain Dew instead of Crab Juice today.

😥

I'm finding games on PC but is taking awhile.

I dream of a full cross-play environment one day, haha. I am easily finding Attrition game modes at least.

Hoping someone else unloads some Buffalo Wild Wing codes again. Ended up coming with the Mountain Dew instead of Crab Juice today.

��

Crab_Juice_Hit_%26_Run.png

Arrrammis

So, I clicked to join the PS4 network, but I don't think it worked. If someone can send an invite, I'd appreciate it!
PSN: Arrrammis

duckroll

Goddamn, this campaign.... is really fucking good. Made it to Trial By Fire. It really feels like the sort of single player campaign shooters hardly get anymore. I'm 5 hours in, will probably beat it in 7 hours or so, but there's practically no fat in it at all. Every 10-15 minutes of the game is something new and fun. The enemy encounters and platforming never feels recycled. The story gets more and more interesting. The Titan loadouts are all fun to use. The pilot weapons are fun to use. The different grenades are all unique in function and visual effects. The only "bad" thing I have to say about it is that Hard feels too easy so far. I'll definitely replay this again in the future.

Goddamn, this campaign.... is really fucking good. Made it to Trial By Fire. It really feels like the sort of single player campaign shooters hardly get anymore. I'm 5 hours in, will probably beat it in 7 hours or so, but there's practically no fat in it at all. Every 10-15 minutes of the game is something new and fun. The enemy encounters and platforming never feels recycled. The story gets more and more interesting. The Titan loadouts are all fun to use. The pilot weapons are fun to use. The different grenades are all unique in function and visual effects. The only "bad" thing I have to say about it is that Hard feels too easy so far. I'll definitely replay this again in the future.

So awesome to hear this.

I wish more time was spent on Campaigns. Cannot wait to get this installed and give it a go today.

Izuna

Banned
It does, with two button presses. I assume XB1 + Kinect is pretty quick, but I'm not sure how recording works without a kinect on XB1.

I can press a button on my chatpad and it does it "X2" for clips, "X1" for screenshots

Otherwise, you have to double tap guide button to bring up the side-bar, which I have noticed CAN freeze up your movement in R2.

Bug Report!
- If your Titan is Doomed before jumping in, Nuclear Ejection doesn't work ;(

--

So Legion is BROKEN. Seriously.

Sanjuro

This is bullshit.

I purchased this game expecting a multiplayer only experience, now these fucks are trying to take more of my precious time towards their campaign unannounced?!

That prior post comparing it to the recent Wolfenstein and Doom had me sold.

Oh yeah one other thing I forgot to mention. The lack of proper lobbies and "winners circle" makes the camos kind of pointless. I mean, it's not like you can really pay attention to anyone's camos in game. No chance for bragging rights.

It also feels kind of disconnected without lobbies. It's like there is no flow from one match to the next, no chance to redeem myself against that player on the other team who killed me, no map voting, nothing like that. I'm just getting dropped into random match after random match with a different set of players each time. I would much rather they used a COD style lobby, and a COD style winners circle at the end of matches.
Sounds good to me. Hopefully they're listening.

A party I had going last night kept being disbanded after each match, and the whole matchmaking process is a little confusing. Not too worried about it since the game is still so damn solid, digging it so far.

Also adding that I gotta get used to using all the tools at my disposal. So much shit going on lol

The metacritic from the PC version of this game is considerably dissociated from the console version. If you were to believe critics you would think there were considerable differences in quality across the two, is that the case or is it merely PC critics wanting different things?

I'm really happy with the game on PS4, the campaign is a real roller-coaster ride.

Gator86

Fun game. Going from 90% PC games to console is taking some time to adjust. I'm really missing using a mouse but the PC community for TF1 died after what seemed like a few months. Don't really want to deal with that again. Getting thrown against groups of 4-5 dudes that are clearly on the same party needs to be fixed. It happened 3-4 times when I was playing alone last night and it really killed my mood.

Yeah, there's way too many gank squads being put against randoms. I can hold my own, but it sucks when it feels like you're playing 1 on 6. I had multiple games of attrition where I think I was the only one on my team to earn a Titan while the enemy just swarmed my hapless teammates.

sethcheek

Wait.... what the fuck, I'm not the only one!?

I preordered from BestBuy and found out my Vanguard Helmet is backordered till freaking mid Nov. >=(

WTF

Are there any threads talking about this anywhere?
I didn't see any, so I came in here. I haven't received ANY notice from Amazon, other than they can't estimate a delivery date yet. I called, and they told me they just haven't received them from the vendor yet.

So have other people received them from Amazon then? If dude wasn't honest, I'll give them a call back this afternoon.

duckroll

The metacritic from the PC version of this game is considerably dissociated from the console version. If you were to believe critics you would think there were considerable differences in quality across the two, is that the case or is it merely PC critics wanting different things?

I'm really happy with the game on PS4, the campaign is a real roller-coaster ride.

It has to do with the way they track reviews. Not many places do PC specific reviews anyway. As it stands the PS4 version has 22 reviews, the XBO version has 10 reviews, and the PC version has 5. At low numbers a single review can skew the average by a ton so it's not really informative.

Can't pick up Titanfall 2 until later today so I'm stuck with the first one and the servers are pretty low currently. I decided to try out Attrition, which I rarely play, and has it always been campy? There was barely any pilot movement.

Just beat the campaign. It was rad!

Got better and better toward the end.

I thought I read in some review the ending felt unfinished. Ending was perfectly satisfying to me!

I played on hard mode and really it was just the Titan parts that got hard. The pilot on foot parts were a peice of cake. You really are a bigger bad ass out of the titan I feel.

Super pumped to pick this game up after work. Any opinions on how TF2 stacks up to BF1? I know they're super different shooters but do you all prefer one over the other?

Top Bottom