• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I mainly played LTS in the original.. it's still solid in this game, but it's nowhere near as good imho. I really don't understand why the game vacates the lobby and makes everyone search for a new game after every match. I could log onto the original TF on Xbone at 2am and there might only be 800 people playing, and less than 50 playing LTS, but I would still always find a match within a minute and be perfectly fine playing. Here, on release day, it sometimes takes 5 minutes of searching in between matches to find a new game.

The maps make titans like Legion too good in this mode. They're so small and full of corridors. His defenses are so good combined with the ridiculous damage he does, since you have no recharging shields it makes it nearly impossible to engage a good one without sacrificing pretty much all of your health.

I also wouldn't mind if they upped the range on the Scorch gas trap ability, whatever it is called. You can really counter camping Legion users in LTS sometimes with some good Scorch play, but the range is so shitty.

Super pumped to pick this game up after work. Any opinions on how TF2 stacks up to BF1? I know they're super different shooters but do you all prefer one over the other?

Said it last page, I'm liking TF2 way better. BF1 runs bad on PS4. Plus for me personally, I don't like the old timey nature of BF1. I prefer to feel "super powered" like I do here.

Gator86

Super pumped to pick this game up after work. Any opinions on how TF2 stacks up to BF1? I know they're super different shooters but do you all prefer one over the other?

They're just different. It depends on what you want. Battlefield is huge scale with vehicles and up and down pacing based on the huge maps. Tf2 is balls to wall infantry combat and occasional mech fights. You can't go wrong with either really. They're both top ten games this year. You'll enjoy whichever one you pick up. I'm enjoying both right now.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Really debating picking this game up. I usually go for one big FPS game a year and this so far seems to be the best all around package when compared to BF1 and Infinite Warfare. I also like the overall idea of the game but with the surprisingly decent single player and the fun mp this may be my go to.

Exile20

Titanfall 2.

Any particular reason ?

Lack of players on PC. I have too much to play right anyway but damn I want to buy it so bad. I love the first one but lack of beta and I have seen streams with people not getting into games but it is still early so I will wait till next week to see how it looks by then.

Picked up Call of Duty IW, mainly for Modern Warfare but also because the campaign looked sweet and said that's my FPS fix.

Then BF1 launches and after playing BF4 for years and all my gaming friends picking it up I get that game too. That's it I said.

Then TF2 which I was really torn on as I love mech combat, gets rave reviews and shock actually has a great campaign. I had some old blurays to trade and so picked it up in town today.

Fuck me. Three games in the space of a month and all FPS. I'm a sucker for a good shooter.

I've played through three campaign missions so far and this thing is legit. Absolutely fantastic gameplay, great presentation and wow... a sense of humour. Respawn you done good!

Lack of players on PC. I have too much to play right anyway but damn I want to buy it so bad. I love the first one but lack of beta and I have seen streams with people not getting into games but it is still early so I will wait till next week to see how it looks by then.
Ah. I haven't tried MP, but I was playing some games last night without too much trouble. I just hope you end up getting it for something, console or PC, because the campaign is damn good.

SkylineRKR

My first MP game was horrible. My second I got a 5 kill streak as pilot and good score overall. The rest went decent too with maybe one shit match inbetween. The hit detection seems to be sound, gameplay is great. Sliding hipfire kills feel excellent. I love this game. But I'm shit with Titans themselves still. This is my first Titanfall mind you.

Menus are slick and i have no problems getting into a match fast. I'd be lying if I say BF is better.

Clocked about 9 hours now between Campaign and Multiplayer, heading out with the better half to take a break for awhile but I've pretty much decided that I love this to death. It's an improvement over the original in almost every way and far away is one of the most polished games this year.

Respawn seriously stepped it up. This is going to keep my attention even longer than TF1 did which says a lot considering I haven't stopped playing TF1 since launch.

Exile20

Ah. I haven't tried MP, but I was playing some games last night without too much trouble. I just hope you end up getting it for something, console or PC, because the campaign is damn good.

I know, I have OW still to continue playing to get all the rest of skins before the halloween event is over but after that I will see how the game holds up.
I might just cave and get it tonight.

Calderc

About halfway through the campaign and it's sublime so far. Will be hitting up multiplayer later if anyone wants to add me on Xbox. GT is calderc

Gator86

My first MP game was horrible. My second I got a 5 kill streak as pilot and good score overall. The rest went decent too with maybe one shit match inbetween. The hit detection seems to be sound, gameplay is great. I love this game. This is my first Titanfall mind you.

Menus are slick and i have no problems getting into a match fast. I'd be lying if I say BF is better.

Small detail, but what? Bf1 has amazing UI design along with gorgeous menus and presentation with the map zooming and such. TF2 looks like a mid-tier PS2 game. Nothing about their UI and menus is especially good. Functional is the highest praise I'd give them.

SkylineRKR

Small detail, but what? Bf1 has amazing UI design along with gorgeous menus and presentation with the map zooming and such. TF2 looks like a mid-tier PS2 game. Nothing about their UI and menus is especially good. Functional is the highest praise I'd give them.

I mean that BF1 main menu is lagging as fuck and buying weapons is a pain. This is no issue in TF2. I'm on PS4 btw.

I was able to get into most PC matches relatively fast. I think the longest wait I had was maybe 2 minutes. I played a mix of Bounty Hunter and Attrition. Had faster matchmaking times on Attrition at about roughly ~30 seconds in between matches. Wonder if they are having server issues at the moment. Hopefully they get them resolved soon if that is the case. I'd hate to see this affect the longevity of the game.

I did get connected to a data center in Oregon though which I thought was kind of weird seeing as I am in Southern California. Would think that they have multiple data centers in Los Angeles.

LowSignal

Picked up at BestBuy last night since they did a 11pm release. Really like the game so far, played level 1 and a bunch of multiplayer. The beta was a poor representation of the final product so far.

Currently running a i7 6700k and a 6GB GTX 1060. For some reason the game runs poorly unless I am on my monitor's Native (4k) resolution.

If I bump down to 1080p it runs way worse. Any ideas what is going on?

SkylineRKR

Seriously, anyone on the fence because of SP, do NOT sleep on this game.

I can attest. The SP is extremely good for a MP focused game. Its even good on itself. It shits on BF, CoD, Killzone SF SP. Only Doom is better this year but thats mainly a single player game (its expansions focus on MP lol).

I wouldn't buy Titanfall 2 for full price if you're not planning to play MP but the campaign is absolutely a fun romp.

Izuna

Banned
The SP is so good I neglected food so I need to get on that first.

I was doing food also! ;O

My black mom gave her mixed raced son mayonnaise in a burger from KFC. What an emotional rollercoaster -- had to find a way to trade it for something non-poisonous. I'm now fueled up.

Gator86

I mean that BF1 main menu is lagging as fuck and buying weapons is a pain. This is no issue in TF2. I'm on PS4 btw.

Totally legit point. The BF menu lag is real on PS4. The UI design is terrific, but it runs like shit sometimes. I wouldn't mind TF2's UI looking like something made this decade, but I don't need laggy menus in another game too.

Kawngi

I'm not nearly as good at FPSes as I used to be, so the competitive aspect always just gets super frustrating for me. But I definitely want to play TF2's SP mode at some point.

Chris1

With all this praise for the campaign anyone think they might release some DLC for single player? paid obviously.
though free would be nice LOL

With how people are talking about it & from what I've played of it so far, I can't help but feel it'd do really well.

Izuna

Banned
Respawn dropped the ball on not making a Skirmish, Attrition and Bounty Hunt playlist ;)

(haven't been able to find a single game of Skirmish yet, I really wanna try it, sounds amazing for this game)

Agonizing wait for the end of my shift at work.

I have some questions regarding the MP.

My biggest problems from the tech test were mobility and maps. To be specific, the movement even in the tech test felt heavenly. But I felt like moving around wasn't netting me momentum and made me an easy target. That kinda bleeds into maps. I'm seeing some maps that defintely seem more geared for chaining wallruns. I can deal with a low TTK with some of the additions made since TT week 1 [more ai, titan passive gain] but my other inquiries stand.

SkylineRKR

Agonizing wait for the end of my shift at work.

I have some questions regarding the MP.

My biggest problems from the tech test were mobility and maps. To be specific, the movement even in the tech test felt heavenly. But I felt like moving around wasn't netting me momentum and made me an easy target. That kinda bleeds into maps. I'm seeing some maps that defintely seem more geared for chaining wallruns. I can deal with a low TTK with some of the additions made since TT week 1 [more ai, titan passive gain] but my other inquiries stand.

Its been long since I played the tech test, but the speed seems to be higher in the full game and the flow just feels better in general. I think the final version is simply superior in every way possible. The maps I played were solid, I even didn't hate Homestead in the full game.

Ennosuke

The movement, the speed, the titans...I really missed it.

Started the campaign and surprise it is fun and interesting. Well done Respawn.

This game is Xbox Record that/Gif heaven.

IdxYRcg.gif
Nice move.
I wish Ps4 record was voice activated. Half the time I can't hit the record button in time. Damn old age.

Top Bottom