• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I was messing around with the G2 last night and that's a highly potent weapon right there. G2 + Mozambique and Amped Weapons, yo. I had one of my best matches playing Bounty Hunt with that set up last night.

Ishmae1

I was messing around with the G2 last night and that's a highly potent weapon right there. G2 + Mozambique and Amped Weapons, yo. I had one of my best matches playing Bounty Hunt with that set up last night.

G2 isn't just great to use, it also has one of the best reload animations in the game. Style for days.

Wish you could run the Moz as a primary and still keep a titan weapon.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Came here to say: bravo!

Finished the campaign in two days. Very very impressive.

Just played a few multiplayer matches : extremely polished.

Good job!

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Played the hook first but found myself just hitting the side of buildings so tried out Stim which seems cool but need to learn the best time to use it. Need to try cloak then, I saw a lot of people using it and seems very effective.

Volt I need to rank up for, will check it out when I can. I can't stop jumping into slides at the moment, too much fun! But yeah, I'm not effective with it at all yet.

I've been running into buildings, just hitting it with my titan weapon and throwing grenades for the most part.

Fun tips:

When you're using stim, try using it when you're wall running. You'll get insane speeds especially if you jump and slide after (single jumps keeps momentum so try to only single jump after gaining momentum). This is the first step to learning how to bunnyhop. Try not to use stim when you're sliding or jumping as you gain speed from your legs moving. And you can use stim anytime don't feel like you need to save it. I use stim almost every moment it's off cooldown either to get to another position as quickly as I can or to heal up fast after fighting someone.

SMGs are better hip fired than ADS. When you're using the Volt, try to learn to hip fire most of the time even from crazy ranges. SMGs are also the best weapons to use when you're moving fast using the tactic I mentioned above.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Good question. I've not experimented with the damage on titans from the normal GLs. Have you found one particularly effective?

SMR is a good all around anti titan and pilot weapon, but once the map starts getting crowded with titans it's much better if you have an anti titan weapon. I usually swap to a slightly different loadout when titans are everywhere.

sagat2036

I hit gen 11 only it wont let me regen at a full bar of 10.49. Just flashes 10.49 to 10.50 and back and forth. All black is not mine!!!

KorrZ

Been getting some HORRIBLE team mates today. Fuck sakes people stop fucking dropping your Titan when they've got 4 out and you're the only one. Tired of getting stomped in attrition because team mates throw away their Titans

TheRed

The game looks really great in motion. But I really wish there was a way to remove the grain it uses. In screenshots it's very apparent to me, would love a way to have it removed or option to remove in a patch.

30457307484_9c62b260bf_o.png

Ishmae1

Tired of getting stomped in attrition because team mates throw away their Titans

I bet most new players have no clue those little bars under the score show how many of your team is ready to drop titans.

This game could really use a brief, typically annoying "here's what's up" video for new players to actually tell them what everything means on the UI and how to win in each mode.

I have faith Respawn could do a good set of them. Get BT to voice them and that's half the battle won.

Man, the Volt has ruined me, lol.

I used to be great with the G2A and Hemlock. Now when I swap back to them I have no patience, keep engaging closer than optimal distance and getting wrecked.

Ah well.

Also, I've never bothered to check but does delivering a stolen battery to a Titan give your Titan timer a boost? I know stealing it does. A big one.

I bet most new players have no clue those little bars under the score show how many of your team is ready to drop titans.

This game could really use a brief, typically annoying "here's what's up" video for new players to actually tell them what everything means on the UI and how to win in each mode.

I have faith Respawn could do a good set of them. Get BT to voice them and that's half the battle won.

I love when I get a team that drops all at once. There's definite strategy to it.

Yes, a big one.

Cool, I hoped and figured as much.

Always bugs me when I see teammates with batteries waiting on their own Titans, meanwhile other teammates are fighting the opponents Titans and could use the boost. I always give my batteries to the lowest health Titans on the field.

Or Ronins. Those guys need every extra shot they can take.

Do we know when the next patch is going to drop? I heard a new map and weapon are coming, and presumably balance changes, but not when they should be ready.

Gator86

I've decided that I hate the fact you can't see deaths in Attrition.

I kind of like it. It probably helps lessen the toxicity of the game. I know I want to scream sometimes when I lose a close game and see people on the scoreboard with like 10 points in attrition. Would feel even worse seeing them with 25 deaths up there too. Of course, I'd never put on a headset and shit talk teammates or anything, but that's clearly not the case for everyone.

I hope Respawn has incredibly detailed stats and includes apis that let people pull them out of their database and use them in different ways.

Kyrios

Nice! Quick tip with Ronin, his arc waves get rid of Titan defensive shields like Tone's and Legion's so getting his dual arc wave kit is pretty powerful.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that so that's definitely handy advice. Been getting very comfortable with Ronin, gonna look into that kit now.

Izuna

Banned
I love it. If I could see that stat mid-match I would have probably rage quit out of loads of matches that I managed to turn around after poor starts. Imagine lots of others would too, meaning unbalanced team numbers.

What? Why? I don't understand this. At the very least, give me the option to see how many times my teammates have died.

Izuna

Banned
If you quit during a match, the game tells you it will count as a loss. I imagine that will be included in the stats update soon.

I have quit a ton of matches that start on Complex. I don't think I have ever done that in R1.

I expect my win rate to be like 70% because of it.

Why does that matter? Unless you just want your ego stroked.

It's information. I want detail information of how the match played out.

What a strange response...

Schlorgan

There were 30k people online last night on Xbox One. That's the highest I've ever seen it. A good sign I think.

Edit: to be fair, I haven't been playing as much as I used to, so I don't know what the current averages are.

I had no idea, but that makes sense.

Speaking of missing some of the basics, I don't know exactly where people are referring to when talking about shooting titans in their critical locations.

Go for the red spots on them.
Maybe my being colorblind is screwing me here. I've heard that advice before and it doesn't help.

Say I had a hard time with that color - I don't notice any red glowy areas - any non-color based advice on basic critical locations?

Are they always in the same place? Different spots per titan?

Top Bottom