• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

If you quit during a match, the game tells you it will count as a loss. I imagine that will be included in the stats update soon.

Fair.

I run solo a lot, so I don't really give a shit about wins and losses. Just my own personal performance.

I do, however, refuse to play CTF without a full team anymore. There are just too many idiots out there.

Calderc

Maybe my being colorblind is screwing me here. I've heard that advice before and it doesn't help.

Say I had a hard time with that color - I don't notice any red glowy areas - any non-color based advice on basic critical locations?

Are they always in the same place? Different spots per titan?

Actually now i'm thinking about it i'm not sure if they are all red :/

I think it's basically around the middle of the chest for most of them.

I like it. k/d obsession ruins a lot of mp games and makes people a lot more toxic. I hope they put titan damage or assists in though. I always get my titan kills stolen

Why does that matter? Unless you just want your ego stroked.
Each Pilot kill in Attrition grants 5 points, which is a lot. At the very least, I want my own deaths to be displayed. I don't judge my performance in a match of Attrition by how many points I received, but my net worth (received - given). I wanted Titan deaths to be displayed in the first game (as those give points too), but that never happened.

I bet most new players have no clue those little bars under the score show how many of your team is ready to drop titans.

I struggle to comprehend what else a distinct symbol that appears in exact same place as the team Titan indicators appear could possibly mean.

Quick poll: Who here needed to be told what the grey bars meant, and who just figured it out themselves?

It's always the cockpit.

If you can't be bothered to try and remember how each Titan hatch opens, just look at your reticule. The hash marks that erupt on each hit will be notably thicker for crits.
Also very helpful. So in effect I'm pretty much aiming at the pilot. I've usually aimed center of mass as is, so will keep an eye on the hash marks just to be sure.

Does this mean there are no critical locations to target at the rear if you get a nice flank? Or from above if you're northstar-ing?

Also very helpful. So in effect I'm pretty much aiming at the pilot. I've usually aimed center of mass as is, so will keep an eye on the hash marks just to be sure.

Does this mean there are no critical locations to target at the rear if you get a nice flank? Or from above if you're northstar-ing?

There are some small areas on the back I think. Sometimes usually where the Titan has "jet packs" or exhaust pipes.

31281081735_6a417f5d83_o.png

mjlol.png

Edit: I have no idea why so many of my team mates left during a game we were wining. Connection errors?

E92 M3

I like it. k/d obsession ruins a lot of mp games and makes people a lot more toxic. I hope they put titan damage or assists in though. I always get my titan kills stolen

Titan assists would be a great stat to add and K/D does always make the match worse. Look at PVP - everyone camps because deaths are shown.

--

This duder died from a frag grenade impact lol:

9Yv0L7I.gif

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Just played a match where a pilot exited their titan in the middle of me executing it.

I've been executed when I still had about 20% left before I went critical. Theres definitely some goofy janky going on with executions, especially considering they don't even seem to trigger most of the time. Only part of the game that doesn't seem polished.

Moobabe

Latest update fixed my incessant disconnects. I saw my first ever end of match screen.

It was beautiful. Now I understand what merits are.

Also I suck.

Zemm

worst night of games ever.

Absolute trash tier matchmaking, 50% games in progress and miles down, lots and lots of Crash Site, not a single close game. Makes it hard to not uninstall the game when it's like this.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
It's information. I want detail information of how the match played out.

What a strange response...

If you want detail on how the match played out, why not...wait for the match to play out? I don't see why you'd want that info mid-match unless you were getting ready to bail.

Absolute trash tier matchmaking, 50% games in progress and miles down, lots and lots of Crash Site, not a single close game. Makes it hard to not uninstall the game when it's like this.

I've played Crash Site twice so far XD. Also I don't recall being put in any in-progress games so far. Granted I haven't played any mp this whole last week. Has the recent patches changed how matchmaking is done?

Animator

I hope respawn is on the ball releasing updates for this game. It really needs more maps, if Angel City is the only map we are getting next couple of months it is not enough. Wonder if they will release a Tf1 map pack.

E92 M3

What? I get tons of close games including some where there is domination. Uninstall it then.

Matchmaking is amazing - quick and connection is good (all that matters).

Calderc

Man the fickleness of some people genuinely astounds me.

TheRed

I hope respawn is on the ball releasing updates for this game. It really needs more maps, if Angel City is the only map we are getting next couple of months it is not enough. Wonder if they will release a Tf1 map pack.
I hope so too. I feel it has to go at a faster pace than something like R6 Siege that does them free too but in that game it's more understandable with how dense and destructible they take long to make like one every few months. But if it's just one map every few months I don't think that'll work out as well for this game. That's why I'm slightly uneasy about the free dlc I hope they are still able to produce a lot of maps. The in game store I hope brings enough money in to fund them.

Gator86

Do you guys think Devotion is a bit over powered?

I haven't used it enough to have a strong opinion on it. However, it's the only thing in the game where the killcams never make sense. The animations, fire rate, bullet spread, or something, are definitely off. Half the time I'm not where it says the bullets are going or where people are aiming and my health bar just disappears.

Do you guys think Devotion is a bit over powered?

I mean it shreds through pilots yeah but the spin-up makes it so any great player is gonna stay away from it I think. Doesn't mesh well with the parkour at all. Also means you're gonna be easier to flank.

The L-STAR definitely needs a buff though imo, that LMG just sucks. Which is weird considering that was my go-to in the campaign.

I ditched the PC version for the PS4 one because of the low player count and man I'm a whole of a lot better with a controller. I used to be on the low end of the scores and kills on PC but on PS4 I'm always in the top 2.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
OMG I love this game so much, I really wish I had purchased the deluxe edition on origin, hell if I could have bought one of the super mega special editions I would have.

EDIT: Anyone seen this? I don't play FPS with a controller on PC however do need a new one of other games, this looks pretty cool.

Either Salvo core needs a nerf or all the other cores need a buff

Also what do you guys usually do for legion, long range or short range? Long range seems to be much better, albeit the shotgun blast thing is pretty amazing

Top Bottom