• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Aspiring

Have this coming in the mail but just picked up infinte warfare. After no games having split screen i realised how much fun it is to chill with my son and play with bots.

So i ask does titanfall feature any kind of split screen play with bots?

TheRed

Usually have to warm up with a game or two to do really good but just fired the game up and in the first match had my best game ever in terms of pilot kills with 24 in Attrition and didn't die at all until the epilogue.

It was on Homestead and man I like that map and remember reading a lot of complaints about it. I like that it's more open feels a little more like some of the big Titanfall 1 maps and has the least distinct lane design to me. Maybe it's because I'm a grapple user I enjoy it more than people using other tacticals idk.

Population on PC is pretty good nowadays

Yeah it's been growing. Really happy about that.

Have this coming in the mail but just picked up infinte warfare. After no games having split screen i realised how much fun it is to chill with my son and play with bots.

So i ask does titanfall feature any kind of split screen play with bots?
I don't think so, but rest assured it shits all over IW (I've actually played both, yes)
The best all-purpose gun. Love it. Almost at G10.

R201 is easily my favorite weapon.

CAR is basically the same thing except with better hipfire

E92 M3

Either Salvo core needs a nerf or all the other cores need a buff

Also what do you guys usually do for legion, long range or short range? Long range seems to be much better, albeit the shotgun blast thing is pretty amazing

All of the Cores are powerful, in fact, I'd rather take on a salvo core than a smart or laser core. Salvo cores can be easily predicted and dodged.

Northstar's super needs a buff and Sword core could use a looking at.

ALSO

they need to fix the thing where weapons lose their camos/attachments for new loadouts

It's a pain in the ass switching them all again

KorrZ

I've basically settled in to rotating between the G2 for longer range maps and the Volt for close quarters. My two favorite weapons by far.

All of the Cores are powerful, in fact, I'd rather take on a salvo core than a smart or laser core. Salvo cores can be easily predicted and dodged.

Northstar's super needs a buff and Sword core could use a looking at.

I think it's the hardest to predict and/or dodge out of any of them, especially when you consider the damage it deals.

Aspiring

I don't think so, but rest assured it shits all over IW (I've actually played both, yes)

Ah ok thats a bit of a shame. Oh well.

I have heard this numerous times but i love Infinite awarfare so far so i am really REALLY excited for Titanfall 2. Wish my copy would hurry up already!

E92 M3

ALSO

they need to fix the thing where weapons lose their camos/attachments for new loadouts

It's a pain in the ass switching them all again

Yeah, agreed. Hopefully they fix that with the patch.

I think it's the hardest to predict and/or dodge out of any of them, especially when you consider the damage it deals.

Breaking line-of-sight and being cognizant of your position in relation to the enemy tone is important. Sometimes they just nail you, though. It's nothing crazy.

SwolBro

Banned
Do you guys think Devotion is a bit over powered?

i think it's a bit ridiculous. it seems like one bullet can kill you with no aim at all. i'm not a fan of using it but i've seen people use it and be really obnoxious with it. the distance on it is batshit insane.

The amount of people running cloak right now in PVP is comical. i can't wait for that nerf.

Also, RESPAWN flag indicator when an opposing team has your flag is a bit weak. so many times the other team has the flag and i have no goddamn idea.

Vipu

Banned
Finally got dem all gift skins:
PxiAEZb.jpg

czevmPf.jpg

E92 M3

i think it's a bit ridiculous. it seems like one bullet can kill you with no aim at all. i'm not a fan of using it but i've seen people use it and be really obnoxious with it. the distance on it is batshit insane.

The amount of people running cloak right now in PVP is comical. i can't wait for that nerf.

Also, RESPAWN flag indicator when an opposing team has your flag is a bit weak. so many times the other team has the flag and i have no goddamn idea.

What scope do you prefer on the G2?

DirtyLarry

Damn. People should have stressed more how it takes awhile for the campaign to get going. I read all the praise, played it for a few hours and just was not seeing it.
Then this past Friday I think it was, I read this article on Kotaku and realized I had in fact not made it to that part in the game.

Played some more and made it to that part of the game. And yes, TF2's campaign is pretty damn great.

Okay, I need some tips with the holo pilot. I feel like my playstyle is more run (parkour) and gun, but it's looking like the holo pilot is more for baiting and maybe area control. Any other suggestions on how best to use it?

E92 M3

I feel like any join in progress game should be an automatic merit and maybe just have loss protection (no threshold needed). Would incentivize people to stay.

sagat2036

Okay, I need some tips with the holo pilot. I feel like my playstyle is more run (parkour) and gun, but it's looking like the holo pilot is more for baiting and maybe area control. Any other suggestions on how best to use it?

Send a holo sliding out before you hit that corner.

Anyone else getting disconnected out of the multiplayer at the end of a match? It keeps happening to me and then I can't reconnect to multiplayer at all. Must be a glitch but it's s pretty bad one.

Gator86

I too eagerly await the cloak nerf. Right now, it's just skill-less cheese that requires zero intelligent thought to use. The most clever strategy I've actually seen with cloak is to run devotion because the extra second it takes for someone to see you allows you to ramp up. I'm not sure I've seen more than one or two people running devotion without cloak so that alone will be an indirect nerf on its effectiveness.

CAR is basically the same thing except with better hipfire

Volt is better than both.

Frankly, any time you have people arguing over the best gun in the game and there are nearly a dozen mentions, chances are the game is pretty balanced.

Except Tone. She needs a small nerf in the form of sharper damage drop off at range with the 40mm

holy shit the g2 finally clicked

holy fucking shit

- got my first MEGA kill
- realized amped weapons can be stacked twice while one's already activated
- pretty sure I dominated the entire team by the end

for anyone wondering my exact setup was Cloak, Frag Grenade, G2 with speedloader and HCOG, Wingman with Suppressor and Tactikill, Power Cell, Low Profile, Amped Weapons

poor dudes

Vipu

Banned
holy shit the g2 finally clicked

holy fucking shit

- got my first MEGA kill
- realized amped weapons can be stacked twice while one's already activated
- pretty sure I dominated the entire team by the end

for anyone wondering my exact setup was Cloak, Frag Grenade, G2 with speedloader and HCOG, Wingman with Suppressor and Tactikill, Power Cell, Low Profile, Amped Weapons

poor dudes

Hcog. G2 is my third most used weapon behind 201 and Volt.

But does that stacking increase the damage? i tend to save my second amped for when i die.

It doesnt stack.

I love how they put like half the boosts in the last 10 levels because even they know running anything other than battery boost/amped weapons is silly

I haven't tried them all but a lot of them just seem like gimmicks

edit: man that initial horizontal kick of the flatline completely fucks it over for ranged battles or using any scope

Edzi

So what's the course of action when the enemy team has their Titans in play? Do I run away until I get my own or do I try to engage? So far most matches I've been in tend to end once one team gets a couple Titans, which doesn't seem right.

Zeta Oni

After playing every shooter released this fall, its now clear which one is gonna be the main for the foreseeable future. The beta had really soured me on the game so I ended up picking it up just last week, but that time since has been pure gaming bliss.

No other multiplayer shooter compares right now imo, and I really look forward to what Respawn will be doing with the game in the future.

And this never gets old...

TheRed

So what's the course of action when the enemy team has their Titans in play? Do I run away until I get my own? Do I try to engage? So far most matches I've been in tend to end once one team gets a couple Titans, which doesn't seem right.
I try to dish out some sneaky poke damage to them out windows and stuff with anti Titan weapons. Like a few hits with amped MGL does a lot of damage and help a lot to build Titan meter. If they take me out it's ok if I got some good hits on them. They I go ahead and spawn in my Titan. This way when we meet to fight I already have a health bar advantage because of the poking I did before, bonus if you avoid getting taken out at all when harassing and then call your Titan. That's my basic idea when I play and adjust based on the situation.

phase rewind is laughably bad

edit: same with particle shield wtf, why wouldn't someone just use A-Wall? I thought it was gonna be a shield similar to Legion's or Blackbeard from R6: Siege

phase rewind is laughably bad

edit: same with particle shield wtf, why wouldn't someone just use A-Wall? I thought it was gonna be a shield similar to Legion's or Blackbeard from R6: Siege

I dont use either, but the particle shield lasts a hell of a lot longer and can even take some Titan fire.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
So what's the course of action when the enemy team has their Titans in play? Do I run away until I get my own Titan? Do I try to engage? I'm not really sure what I can even do as a pilot against a Titan.

Always build a couple of anti-titan classes for when they crowd the map. Arc grenades, cloak / a-wall, and an anti-titan weapon are your best bet. Also, amped weapons. I don't see hardly anyone using arc grenades, which is the best ordinance to use against a titan imo.

Top Bottom