• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gorillaz

Respawn these satchet explosive charges....

Yall gotta give me some leeway on these. The animation time to start up the throw, throw, and then denotate feels lifetimes away.

Also CTF I can't see teammates when I'm waiting to respawn

So what's the course of action when the enemy team has their Titans in play? Do I run away until I get my own or do I try to engage? So far most matches I've been in tend to end once one team gets a couple Titans, which doesn't seem right.

If theyre bunched together, poke at them from safe distance with Anti-Titan weapons until one or two break off to come get you. Cloak or toss a emp grenade to blind them, then hop on. Steal battery. Retreat and either repear, or just keep poking at them until your Titan is ready.

Runninv and hiding does you no good unless you farm bots.

Schlorgan

After playing every shooter released this fall, its now clear which one is gonna be the main for the foreseeable future. The beta had really soured me on the game so I ended up picking it up just last week, but that time since has been pure gaming bliss.

No other multiplayer shooter compares right now imo, and I really look forward to what Respawn will be doing with the game in the future.

And this never gets old...
That's rad.

phase rewind is laughably bad

edit: same with particle shield wtf, why wouldn't someone just use A-Wall? I thought it was gonna be a shield similar to Legion's or Blackbeard from R6: Siege

Yeah, that one, the shield, and the holo pilot boosts are awful. How could there be 3 awful boosts based on tacticals? A good boost can be a game-changer, not something that you normally recover in a few seconds. I've tried them all and they're all not worth it.

Highly recommend the Cold War, I like the sound it makes and the fact that your enemies turn into meat chunks lol

CompleteCreativeBuckeyebutterfly.gif

Muzicfreq

Banned
after having finished the campaign I have to say with even the music it felt like I was playing what I wanted for many years now. felt like I was playing a Halo successor imho. I just had the same feeling like when I played Halo back some time ago.

7.5k playing Attrition in my region. I wonder how many copies they sold over the holiday.

A few

Kinda stings after paying full price for the Deluxe edition though. Maybe Respawn could offer some type of exclusive for those that showed up day one. Like making BT available for multiplayer :D

I love my mastiff but I'm dropping it the second I unlock the cold war, I've wanted to try that since I saw it in the alpha

kinda sucks

only has 3 bursts per clip and the reload time is insanely long even with speedloader

I don't use any grenade launcher seriously, but when I wanna mess around I use the E whatever

the custom pilot loadouts don't stay through regen? really? :/

oh wait wtf the pilot camos don't stay either? I can't even buy them? lol

respawn pls

TheRed

Here's my first time getting a ton of kills and no deaths at all in Attrition. Well at least until epilogue haha.
https://youtu.be/2-dBmpG-L6I

If anyone is wondering, the steam controller is absolutely fantastic for this game and I use it exclusively, kick a lot of KB/M users ass. Of course I get my ass kicked too still a lot but the game is just the best game I've used the steam controller for in a while. No aim assist is applied since it's mouse aim so that is not a factor in how good it is.

I can't recommend the steam controller enough in general, and this game just is another plus for it.

jadedm17

A few

Kinda stings after paying full price for the Deluxe edition though. Maybe Respawn could offer some type of exclusive for those that showed up day one. Like making BT available for multiplayer :D

Things drop, its the nature.
Electronics and games drop in price constantly, its a river.

More people playing is a great thing.

Count me, my buddy Cesar and friend Tim as helping since we each bought a different version (x1, ps4 and pc) and are playing a game we otherwise wouldnt for months.

Note : I paid $99 for Gears ot War 4 Ultimate and really gained little from those paying $29 for the Standard now. The player base is larger. Thats great. (I also got many hours of play over these weeks worth it for a game i love.)

I'm a big dumb idiot for not buying low profile and battery boost immediately after regen. Instead I bought all the weapons I mainly use, even though some of them unlock super early :/

You know what feels really great? Losing a game, guy talks shit at end instead of just saying GG, then you get matched up against him immediately in next match and stomp his face. Too bad he quit right at the end like a baby so I couldn't shit talk him.

TheRed

A few

At least you'll get the prime Titan skins for the first DLC. Probably not for all prime skins but still cool.

Zemm

A few

I feel like we should have access to the 3 day early map playing thing at least :/

KodaRuss

So whats up with not receiving an advocate gift after earning one every once in a while?

I have probably missed out on around 10 or so now. Kinda frustrating because they are getting harder and harder to get now that I am up there in level with all of the factions and such.

E92 M3

So whats up with not receiving an advocate gift after earning one every once in a while?

I have probably missed out on around 10 or so now. Kinda frustrating because they are getting harder and harder to get now that I am up there in level with all of the factions and such.

Yep, it's a glitch that's getting fixed next week. We may even get our old rewards back. I'm missing a ton.

Things drop, its the nature.
Electronics and games drop in price constantly, its a river.

More people playing is a great thing.

Count me, my buddy Cesar and friend Tim as helping since we each bought a different version (x1, ps4 and pc) and are playing a game we otherwise wouldnt for months.

Note : I paid $99 for Gears ot War 4 Ultimate and really gained little from those paying $29 for the Standard now. The player base is larger. Thats great. (I also got many hours of play over these weeks worth it for a game i love.)

Sure, prices drop but half off the standard version and nearly that for the Deluxe within the first month? Just stings a tad thats all.

At least you'll get the prime Titan skins for the first DLC. Probably not for all prime skins but still cool.

Yeah, looking forward to them!

I feel like we should have access to the 3 day early map playing thing at least :/

We do, if we preordered :p

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Maybe my being colorblind is screwing me here. I've heard that advice before and it doesn't help.

Say I had a hard time with that color - I don't notice any red glowy areas - any non-color based advice on basic critical locations?

Are they always in the same place? Different spots per titan?

I'm very colorblind as well, so I don't see the red thing. This should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_xLMBvCufI&t=335s

Don't they have colourblind options?

The colorblind thing doesn't apply to Titans. Respawn said they're remedying it. :(

Do you guys think Devotion is a bit over powered?

Nah. I don't even see it a lot. When I do, it's usually someone using an A-Wall. XD

I'm a big dumb idiot for not buying low profile and battery boost immediately after regen. Instead I bought all the weapons I mainly use, even though some of them unlock super early :/

Yep. I've used battery as a boost since Gen1 and never looked back. I don't even see any need to use another one. I mean, maybe the turrets? But eh, almost the same activation cost, and I'd rather have a shield on my Titan when it lands.

Respawn said that should be fixed in an update.

---

I hope Respawn makes the stats page be in-depth,and the scoreboard maybe show someone's real level? I' fine with not showing deaths, since I think that might contribute more to people preserving their K/D. I mean, how would that even be explained properly? Your K/D for Pilots and Titans mixed? That could be some weird stat or maybe show different stats for each?

Personally, I want to see assists/damage dealt be given an appropriate score. I mean, you get your boost faster with it, but people should be getting scores/assist/kills for damaging a Pilot or Titan significantly. It's like MoBA levels of killstealing again sometimes. ;(

Haines

Banned
Kind of looking forward to new content.

I like playing a couple matches a day but I'd love some new fresh stuff.

Love the game. Just want more.

E92 M3

I can't remember the last time I was this addicted to PVP action...has to be Halo 2.

Also, I don't think there should even be a 3 day period for Angel City. Just give that to everyone right away.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
do you guys use autosprint?

I used to, but then I watched Frosty's video on why it might be detrimental to play, and weened myself off it. Doesn't feel like I lose anything by having to click the stick, and you automatically go into sprint after a wall run anyway if I'm not mistaken.

Sprinting means it takes an extra fraction of a second to ready your weapon - not ADS, even just regular hip fire takes a moment - so it could be the difference between life and death in some cases.

Rayme

Maybe my being colorblind is screwing me here. I've heard that advice before and it doesn't help.

Say I had a hard time with that color - I don't notice any red glowy areas - any non-color based advice on basic critical locations?

Are they always in the same place? Different spots per titan?

I'm very colorblind as well, so I don't see the red thing. This should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_xLMBvCufI&t=335s

The colorblind thing doesn't apply to Titans. Respawn said they're remedying it. :(

Yeah, sorry about that. Next week's patch should have the change; crit spots will respect colorblind settings. Games are hard to make. -_-

If anyone is wondering, the steam controller is absolutely fantastic for this game and I use it exclusively, kick a lot of KB/M users ass. Of course I get my ass kicked too still a lot but the game is just the best game I've used the steam controller for in a while. No aim assist is applied since it's mouse aim so that is not a factor in how good it is.

I can't recommend the steam controller enough in general, and this game just is another plus for it.

Oh wow, awesome. I'm sadly really behind on Steam Controller stuff. Didn't realize people were using it for FPS games, I think I kind of put it out of my mind without much thought.

Is there anything about it you wish the game helped with? Any menu options that would make it more usable? Or is it at that "everything is fine, please don't screw it up" state? ;)

(Since we don't run under Steam, I'm not even sure what options we'd have, but I'm curious!)

Is there a good, canonical "getting started playing shooters on your Steam Controller" guide?

I agree, you should definitely get the map 3 days early.

In my personal opinion, yeah that'd be great. But a promise is a promise, etc. Luckily it's just three days and we're all together again. FOREVERS.

do you guys use autosprint?
In my own ocd-like way, I don't like the loss of control, but other people swear by it and I understand why (especially if you equip run-and-gun).

Rayme

Rayme, do you know if we're getting notes before the patch or on the same day as the patch?

TOO MUCH HYPE

If poor Jay's Gaf account ever gets approved, he can tell you HIMSELF.

I assume he's drunk under a bridge somewhere, though. So no patch notes until sober. =\

I will prepare the black coffee.

Top Bottom