• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Zemm

Attrition games are pretty much instant on PC in the UK, and they were last night too. Dunno why you get 2 minute waits but that doesn't sound normal.

Kind of ridic but had to buy the pre-order code off cdkeys for 99p so I have access to the new map instantly :/

SwolBro

Banned
It's pretty hard to find matches in the UK at certain times. I mostly play East US for this reason.

Europe/Uk needs to get off COD, that's your problem.

I saw a post on reddit that had me thinking of the worst load out:

• A-Wall
  • Devotion
  • Sentry turret Boost

Vs

• Cloak
  • G2A
  • Amped Weapon Boost

Who wins this salt inducing contest?

Menome

Is Cloak considered bad then? Would have thought it'd be useful for jumping in suddenly. spraying some bullets, then dashing off again in the chaos. Or for flag capturing in CTF.

The only gametype I struggle to get a game in is free for all. I played it once during launch week really enjoyed it but can't get another match.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Was taking like 2 minutes at a time to get into a game of Attrition last night, around 7pm in the UK.

Feels like a sparse community already.

Wha? This weekend had a LOT of new players come in. Not sure what platform you're on, but PS4 regularly had 25-27K players. There's even 8K online now, which isn't bad.

Hemlock >>>>>>> Devotion

also, you need to stop playing Pilots vs. Pilots <3

Yeah, go play Titanfall with Titans, ya goofs! :)

Europe/Uk needs to get off COD, that's your problem.

I saw a post on reddit that had me thinking of the worst load out:

• A-Wall
  • Devotion
  • Sentry turret Boost

Vs

• Cloak
  • G2A
  • Amped Weapon Boost

Who wins this salt inducing contest?

LOL! A-Wall or Cloak, Devotion, Sentry and maybe Tone for the Titan for max cheese.

so the campaign everyone on here has been raving about..

it's not bad but there are a lot of shortcomings that come to mind, especially after having played through Infinite Warfare's campaign, which i enjoyed more..

- it seemed too short. the pacing was off too, like i felt i didn't get a chance to get used to each titan loadout. there also weren't as many boss battles as i expected

- in this game it's about people fighting each other from random planets named Typhon and Harmony, it doesn't really explain who these factions are and why they're killing each other.
It's not like it's Earth vs Mars and i can sort of related to it.

- the environments were nice and fun to navigate though, and that one level where you can
go back and forth in time like in Singularity, was pretty cool

basically, the game reminded me of one of my japanese animes

so the campaign everyone on here has been raving about..

it's not bad but there are a lot of shortcomings that come to mind, especially after having played through Infinite Warfare's campaign, which i enjoyed more..

- it seemed too short. the pacing was off too, like i felt i didn't get a chance to get used to each titan loadout. there also weren't as many boss battles as i expected

- in this game it's about people fighting each other from random planets named Typhon and Harmony, it doesn't really explain who these factions are and why they're killing each other.
It's not like it's Earth vs Mars and i can sort of related to it.

- the environments were nice and fun to navigate though, and that one level where you can
go back and forth in time like in Singularity, was pretty cool

basically, the game reminded me of one of my japanese animes

You are not locked to one Titan loadout, you can switch them on the fly.

I picked this up yesterday for my PC. Loving it so far, enjoying the campaign a lot and I'm not even up to the 'good bits' yet. I definitely have a soft spot for first-person games with smooth traversal mechanics ever since the first Thief The Dark Project. I'm enjoying the campaign's BT Titan banter too so far.

If anyone wants to add me on Origin for when I get into the multiplayer, I'm Anastazius on there. UK based.

Dantis

Was taking like 2 minutes at a time to get into a game of Attrition last night, around 7pm in the UK.

Feels like a sparse community already.

Pretty sure this is a network error.

I was on all last night and finding games in seconds. There were 23k players online, too. Hardly sparse...

Alx

They should just rename Exoplanet to 'rooftops' because let's be honest, that's what it fucking is outside of bounty hunt

I don't think it will be much different in Angel City... Rooftops always felt like the natural playground of Titanfall, when running and climbing around that's usually where you end up.

While "git gud" is a valid forum response, it's not really one that game developers should use for people new to the game.

I remember feeling overwhelmed in the first Titanfall since I hadn't played an online FPS since Unreal Tournament, but I don't think it's a bad thing per se. Watching the kill cams from skilled players were the fastest way to learn how to play and not to play, and you had all the grunt killing to relieve the frustration.

Izuna

Banned
yeah i know, but the ones near the end can barely be used due to them not being utilized much and the short length of the game.

I feel you. There's basically no room to use Ronin or Northstar loadouts.

Some sort of replayable New Game+/Arcade Mode/Co-op Horde mode is vastly required.

I'm losing interest, but I think the patch with FoV slider will make me return.

Everytime I think about R2, it just makes me miss the original ;(

While "git gud" is a valid forum response, it's not really one that game developers should use for people new to the game.

Thats not what he is saying. You literally start with awesome gear or very close to unlocking it.

I have been running
stim
CAR / R201
MGL
Arc grenade
Amped weapons

For 95% of my playtime. All the unlocks feel like alternatives rather than improvements. A lot of them also feel really unsuitable for a game about mobility as well (personal shield, turret etc).

Like any shooter you just need to play till you know the maps and are used to the mobility. Then those campers will barely ever anoy you after that.

Izuna

Banned
Stim, Hemlock (or R201), Firestar

Unlock Battery Boost when you can. That's all you need.

I'm using Phase Shift on Drydock however, because that map is garbagely designed for Nuclear Ejection.

Menome

I don't think it will be much different in Angel City... Rooftops always felt like the natural playground of Titanfall, when running and climbing around that's usually where you end up.

From my small amount of MP play so far, it does seem very much that when in Pilot mode, you absolutely do not want to be caught on the floor, especially when Titans are in play.

Grazzt

Just finished the campaign. What a game!!! Best FPS campaign I have played since Bioshock 1. Way better than any COD games.
BT 7274 best robot bro,
I'll miss you :'(

Izuna

Banned

clap2.gif~c200

No Love

Banned
for somebody on a 1080p tv, how big is the difference between xb1 and ps4 pro for this game?

Massive. 810p-ish vs 1440p downsampled to 1080p.

The Xbone versions drops its dynamic resolution quite frequently while PS4 Pro keeps image quality perfect 100% of the time. Image quality on PS4 Pro is flawless on Titanfall 2.

E92 M3

Anyone else use warpfall as a weapon lol.

I used to in the first one, but the Dome Shield is way TOO helpful.

WOW this game needs some serious matchmaking fixes... going against people who are suped up while im a newbie and getting stomped on

The starting weapons are amazing. You know, no one is good when they start - that's how you get better. The game's matchmaking is perfectly fine. Everyone gets stomped when they start a new shooter; you can't just expect to be good.

"Skilled based matchmaking" is the cancer that killed Destiny pvp and fortunately Respawn is smart enough to not use that. All that matters is the connection, speed of matching and matching parties with parties when possible. In that order.

Tone having more health than Ronin is the funniest gaming moment of the year tbh

No it's not. A good Ronin will fuck up the whole team - and I faced one yesterday. I'd rather face a good Tone than a good Ronin with nuclear eject.

The problem is that most people suck as Titans and Tone is easiest to learn.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the campaign. What a game!!! Best FPS campaign I have played since Bioshock 1. Way better than any COD games.
BT 7274 best robot bro,
I'll miss you :'(
END GAME SPOILER
I assumed he downloaded himself to the pilots helmet after the ending cut scene?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No it's not. A good Ronin will fuck up the whole team - and I faced one yesterday. I'd rather face a good Tone than a good Ronin with nuclear eject.

The problem is that most people suck as Titans and Tone is easiest to learn.

i could use your exact personal experience and say the opposite. a good tone fucked up my whole team, and i faced one yesterday. i'd rather face a good ronin than a good tone with Turbo Engine

A good Ronin shouoldn't even be using Nuclear Eject.

Izuna

Banned
There's that mission where
BT downloads a portion of his AI into your helmet to keep in contact when your comms are blocked.

There's also an audio tape where a woman mentions
a Vanguard class Titan appearing from nowhere
. It's bizarre if she's referring to when you show up there, so it must mean it's
BT

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
There's that mission where
BT downloads a portion of his AI into your helmet to keep in contact when your comms are blocked.
Yeah I took it that because the helmet 'flashed to life' after the end credits on it's own that BT was still in there. He better bloody be!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So there is no way to view your stats? wut? I cant find it anywhere in the menu. Am I doing it wrong?

i could use your exact personal experience and say the opposite. a good tone fucked up my whole team, and i faced one yesterday. i'd rather face a good ronin than a good tone with Turbo Engine

I'm a crappy Ronin them. I've made the switch from Tone to change things up and I think I like playing Ronin more than her. In the bounty hunt match I played this morning, I had four titanfalls and two kills with nuclear ejection.

E92 M3

A good "X" will fuck up the whole team :p Good players make everything seem OP. For instance, when I started using the G2, I was complete garbo. Now I see the gun's true potential.

So there is no way to view your stats? wut? I cant find it anywhere in the menu. Am I doing it wrong?

Coming this week with a huge update.

Upinsmoke

So played the SP for a short while and it's good fun. Had a little go on the MP and that was also fun, however I've got the similar problem I had with TF1 and that's where I kick ass on the ground but as soon as the titans get called in I can't cope. I'm not a great pilot (haven't lvld up for tone yet) but things just get too chaotic. Any tips?

deoee

So played the SP for a short while and it's good fun. Had a little go on the MP and that was also fun, however I've got the similar problem I had with TF1 and that's where I kick ass on the ground but as soon as the titans get called in I can't cope. I'm not a great pilot (haven't lvld up for tone yet) but things just get too chaotic. Any tips?

If anything I feel like the Titans take out a bit of momentum and slow the game down.

Keep a good look at your Radar it's a lifesaver, enemy Pilots are big dots, Titans are Wedges.

If you're on foot use your special to traverse bigger areas against Titans.
Do not engage from the front, try to sneak up and steal a battery if possible.

E92 M3

Titan combat (my favorite actually) is all about positioning and understand the weakness of your weapon/abilities. I would say that positioning is number one. If you even smell the possibility of fighting two titans at once, just run away. If you have a pilot and Titan attacking you, run away. Always strive to strike from behind or have clean 1v1s.

Some basic advice for you.

Upinsmoke

If anything I feel like the Titans take out a bit of momentum and slow the game down.

Keep a good look at your Radar it's a lifesaver, enemy Pilots are big dots, Titans are Wedges.

If you're on foot use your special to traverse bigger areas against Titans.
Do not engage from the front, try to sneak up and steal a battery if possible.

I think it's partly because I go in guns blazing at the start that I don't change my playstyle once the titans come in. Need to be a bit more patient but I will try traversing more and being less gung ho, thanks.

m23

They are tracking your stats, but there is no place to view them yet. I believe the coming-up patch will introduce a section to finally see our stats.

It's crazy because the first game had such a huge amount of stats being tracked in game.

On the topic of campaign, I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it as much as others. It really only picked up halfway through for me, that's when it got interesting. It was fun, but Wolfenstein is still top for me. Have yet to play Doom though.

Titan combat (my favorite actually) is all about positioning and understand the weakness of your weapon/abilities. I would say that positioning is number one. If you even smell the possibility of fighting two titans at once, just run away. If you have a pilot and Titan attacking you, run away. Always strive to strike from behind or have clean 1v1s.

Some basic advice for you.

In addition to this, I see a lot of new players drop their Titans in the middle of the map's lanes during massive firefights (maybe hoping for a Titanfall kill). Don't do this. It's always better to call your Titan in a safe spot for you to board and then flank enemies.

Chorazin

WOW this game needs some serious matchmaking fixes... going against people who are suped up while im a newbie and getting stomped on

I'm still using the first assault rifle in the game, damage doesn't change with level. I used some of the Credits to unlock a different Titan early just because, but I could have waited.

Top Bottom