• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gator86

Wha? This weekend had a LOT of new players come in. Not sure what platform you're on, but PS4 regularly had 25-27K players. There's even 8K online now, which isn't bad.

Yeah, go play Titanfall with Titans, ya goofs! :)

LOL! A-Wall or Cloak, Devotion, Sentry and maybe Tone for the Titan for max cheese.

I can't even fathom the idea of playing Titanfall without titans. It's literally the entire point of the game.

Cloak, devotion, sentry, and Tone is maximum cheese and should be used only when you truly hate the other team and wish to drain all enjoyment from their lives.

E92 M3

i wonder if "ranked" play will be coming back in any shape.

that ranked "chip" in titanfall 1

It did not make the first game better. Our matchmaking should be like CoD - clean and fast. That's it.

In addition to this, I see a lot of new players drop their Titans in the middle of the map's lanes during massive firefights (maybe hoping for a Titanfall kill). Don't do this. It's always better to call your Titan in a safe spot for you to board and then flank enemies.

Yep, I see that often and thank them for the free core energy.

I can't even fathom the idea of playing Titanfall without titans. It's literally the entire point of the game.

Cloak, devotion, sentry, and Tone is maximum cheese and should be used only when you truly hate the other team and wish to drain all enjoyment from their lives.

I played PVP... cloak, devotion and a-wall just make the mode so tedious. PVP is so, so campy. Very grateful for attrition haha.

Calderc

I don't play PvP, but A Wall and Devotion is my Titan Killer class. Bust that sucka out when the other team has full Titan support and you can take one down in ~ one clip. Don't use it for Pilots though, why the hell would I wanna be stuck in one place when I can shoot you during a wallrun?

Catvoca

Banned
Anyone else had the game freeze up on them? Playing on Ps4 and it froze once in the campaign and now it just froze in the middle of a Bounty Hunt game (that I was winning!). Not a huge deal, I've played the game a bunch already, but it's a bit annoying.

RedFury

Anyone else had the game freeze up on them? Playing on Ps4 and it froze once in the campaign and now it just froze in the middle of a Bounty Hunt game (that I was winning!). Not a huge deal, I've played the game a bunch already, but it's a bit annoying.
I've had it happen mid match, the got kicked out.

Zemm

Tone having more health than Ronin is the funniest gaming moment of the year tbh

Her shield is also much better than Ronin's
1x

That has happened to me a few times but usually right before a match starts and not on SP from what I can remember.

h0tp0ck3t

Spent my money on unlocking the G2 early. Now I'm happy.
And man I love the grappling hook I feel so slow when I run cloak or A wall lol

KodaRuss

So what Banner/Patch is everyone using right now?

I have been using the Gold Ronin one with a Pizza Patch. I had a couple of the red head on Titan ones but it seems everyone is using those now. The Ronin one is pretty sweet. Ill take some screen shots tonight or something.

E92 M3

I have been using the Gold Ronin one with a Pizza Patch. I had a couple of the red head on Titan ones but it seems everyone is using those now. The Ronin one is pretty sweet. Ill take some screen shots tonight or something.

Until I get the Respawn patch, I switch between my current gen and "WTF"

Izuna

Banned
I don't play this game enough to level up as much as I'd like. It's a shame that you have to give up a more creative patch to show your generation level though.

Alpha_eX

Been playing with an Elite pad, having the back paddles do hookshot and jump is a game changer for me, I feel like spiderman with a gun.

LOL patch with the 3 spectres on the colorful background, prism too. I like to think they're laughing at all the scrubs I kill.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Banner changes all the time because I haven't gotten any prisms that I like

hard to level up when your time is diverted between this, Overwatch, Paladins and Team Fortress 2.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Her shield is also much better than Ronin's
1x

Her everything is good.

She's the only Titan I can think of where I'm like 'eh I don't like that ability'

godly weapon
godly core
godly combo of health, range, and mobility
godly shield
godly q

not even like the other titans are so bad. she just has EVERYTHING. master of all domains. Like Ion is good because of laser but that's about it. Tone is good because everything.

KodaRuss

I don't play this game enough to level up as much as I'd like. It's a shame that you have to give up a more creative patch to show your generation level though.

Yeah, I wish they would somehow implement your Gen level into the banner. I used my Gen 4 for a little bit but switched back to the Pizza or Skull.

Until I get the Respawn patch, I switch between my current gen and "WTF"

What is the Respawn patch?

I like the look of the leader of the pack banner that you get at Gen 5. I am almost to Gen 5

Hehe
Her everything is good.

She's the only Titan I can think of where I'm like 'eh I don't like that ability'

godly weapon
godly core
godly shield
godly q

not even like the other titans are so bad. she just has EVERYTHING. master of all domains. Like Ion is good because of laser but that's about it. Tone is good because everything.
And she has 3 star difficulty lmfao

I mean I really don't understand the people who say she doesn't need tweaking. Her 40mm cannon against pilots basically has the same effectiveness as scorch's cannon except she can fire 6 times in one clip.

Her salvo core tears through fucking everything and it doesn't have a huge tell like flight core or laser core

She could have no dashes and one less health bar and she'd still have a high pickrate

And her difficulty curve is nonexistent. She has a ton of splash damage and tracking damage. Zzz. Scorch, Ion and Ronin are so much more fun to play as. Maybe Northstar too but his ability set kinda sucks so

So, I bought this (along with Dishonored 2 and Infinite Warfare, which I got for my brother) yesterday cause it was on sale for Black Friday.

Now, I don't really care for Multi Player, but man, the single player campaign is so goddamned fun. I didn't play the first game, so I had like bare minimum expectations for this one, but wow, this campaign is great so far!

Piloting a mech is so goddamned awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hehe

And she has 3 star difficulty lmfao

I mean I really don't understand the people who say she doesn't need tweaking. Her 40mm cannon against pilots basically has the same effectiveness as scorch's cannon except she can fire 6 times in one clip.

Her salvo core tears through fucking everything and it doesn't have a huge tell like flight core or laser core

She could have no dashes and one less health bar and she'd still have a high pickrate

And her difficulty curve is nonexistent. She has a ton of splash damage and tracking damage. Zzz. Scorch, Ion and Ronin are so much more fun to play as. Maybe Northstar too but his ability set kinda sucks so
How bout the fact that she can pillar hump with her q too? No one ele can do that. It's like a cruel joke on poor Northstar who has to completely expose himself, with the lowest HP, to do that while Tone can do it without exposing herself at all and continue to poke.

E92 M3

Just got the respawn patch. Oneof my ffavorites

I hate you :(

Her everything is good.

godly weapon
godly core
godly shield
godly q

No, you are severely underestimating Ion and giving Tone too much credit. Scorch probably has one of the best cores. Nearly impossible to predict and avoid.

Yeah, I wish they would somehow implement your Gen level into the banner. I used my Gen 4 for a little bit but switched back to the Pizza or Skull.

What is the Respawn patch?

I like the look of the leader of the pack banner that you get at Gen 5. I am almost to Gen 5

Respawn patch is basically the Respawn logo. Looks neat.

Izuna

Banned
No, you are severely underestimating Ion and giving Tone too much credit. Scorch probably has one of the best cores. Nearly impossible to predict and avoid.

When are you next on? With some testing I don't think Ion beats Tone in a 1v1.

Actually I think nothing beats a good Tone in a 1v1 anymore (especially since Legion's nerf makes her shield impenetrable).

Naar

Actually I think nothing beats a good Tone in a 1v1 anymore (especially since Legion's nerf makes her shield impenetrable).

what?? Legion eats through my shield every time. Within 3 seconds my shield is down and this is just Legion normal attacks, not his core

E92 M3

Might not be able to get on tonight, but tomorrow for sure. Personally, I never face a Legion or Scorch directly. Legion still puts out a ton of DPS. Best to get behind him. Tone could use TWEAKS, but she is very much beatable. Been using Ion all weekend.

I just think people complain way TOO much and I hope Respawn acts accordingly.

Tone is not god, she is not unbeatable. She could use some subtle changes - keyword subtle. And Northstar needs some buffs. Other than that, we gucci.

Gator86

what?? Legion eats through my shield every time. Within 3 seconds my shield is down and this is just Legion normal attacks, not his core

In long range mode, killing a tone shield depletes almost your entire clip. Plus, as a Tone, you have the mobility to simply reposition behind nearby cover and continue your assault whereas a Legion cannot. If you put your shield down in the middle of an open area and have no other suitable cover or escape routes, that's bad positioning on your part.

Naar

In long range mode, killing a tone shield depletes almost your entire clip. Plus, as a Tone, you have the mobility to simply reposition behind nearby cover and continue your assault whereas a Legion cannot. If you put your shield down in the middle of an open area and have no other suitable cover or escape routes, that's bad positioning on your part.

No I'm just saying Tone shield is weak, especially vs Legion. I just rush pretty much any titan I see now and wail on them :p

Izuna

Banned

Outside of Smart Core, maybe, but in it he's doing such little damage that the better version of the particle wall pretty much stops Legion from doing damage. There's also the problem where a Legion would need to spec for dash to have any way to get through it. Also... 3 seconds is a LONG time.

Just wondering, is there a game mode like attrition without the AI?

Skirmish

It's unfortunately only in the 8v8 Mixtape which will put you in Amped Hardpoint more than 50% of the time.

Finished the single player campaign and absolutely loved it.
Now I tried multiplayer and it's been really really fun. Honestly I thought I was going to do much worse than it turned out.

Gator86

No I'm just saying Tone shield is weak, especially vs Legion. I just rush pretty much any titan I see now and wail on them :p

I think weak is inaccurate. It's essentially invulnerability for several seconds with a short cooldown. It's the best defensive ability in the game, maybe even overall. For example, there is literally nothing a Scorch can do once it's down. Legion, for instance, only covers his torso and is still vulnerable in other areas, like his legs, and you can still land firewall and put gas canisters on his side. Tone cannot be touched.

Its a problem Tone can can be untouchable at range, destroy you even with both people in cover, and rush down people and wail on them. Tone is beatable, but her kit is ridiculous and completely divorced from the balance of the other titans.

Naar

Outside of Smart Core, maybe, but in it he's doing such little damage that the better version of the particle wall pretty much stops Legion from doing damage. There's also the problem where a Legion would need to spec for dash to have any way to get through it. Also... 3 seconds is a LONG time.

Skirmish

It's unfortunately only in the 8v8 Mixtape which will put you in Amped Hardpoint more than 50% of the time.

Everytime I face a Legion and we are facing each other they destroy me in seconds. So I started rushing them while they take my life down and then nuclear eject and kill him in the process (and whoever else is next to him)

Top Bottom