• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Menthuss

I miss so many Railgun shots by a small amount because the bullet has travel time and rather high drop off... :/
It's also harder to aim with NS's uncharged Railgun cause the crosshair is huge

Kind of dumb that you even have to lead railgun shots at all considering that those shots are supposed to travel at extremely high velocities (yes, I get that it's for gameplay balance).

E92 M3

I think Angel City will demonstrate a power shift in Titans. For some reason, I am expecting Scorch to be super deadly there.

Izuna

Banned
Exact opposite for me, especially if you miss the first shot going for that goose. Too much of a delay in NS's shots whereas I can spam the 40mm. My Tone is maybe lvl 15 and my NS is almost gen 3 and it feels like I have waaay more pilot kills as Tone mostly due to sonar+tracking+Splash. I only have to point in their general direction, with tone, most of the time. You must be a master at leading shots

Hnn80Zh.gif

Nah, there's plenty of time.

Where do I join?

Search for TitanGAF network. If you hit join, I'll get a notification to approve you (I will do so in a couple hours or smth)

I think Angel City will demonstrate a power shift in Titans. For some reason, I am expecting Scorch to be super deadly there.

You didn't hear about the Scorch nerf?

Izuna

Banned
The great ones double jump

The great ones (assuming you're not being sarcastic because this guy didn't double jump) will Stim boost.

It's very fucking hard to kill an auto-eject Pilot with the 40mm (and Legion simply can't no matter what). However, I can with Northstar. She's Bae <3

That shot in particular is really hard with Tone.

KodaRuss

I feel like a hitscan attack at full charge would do wonders. A shield in the air would be cool too.

Unrelated but you guys must be playing some pretty shitty players if you keep getting nuclear eject kills. It's way to easy to escape save for certain maps or if you are wrecking an auto titan. Unless there is some trick to it that i'm missing?

I try to pin the Titan to a wall or do it around 2-3 Titans that are bunched up. I would say I am about a 30% success rate on bring a Titan down with me. The besf part is you are calling in your next Titan before you land from the ejection.

deoee

I feel like a hitscan attack at full charge would do wonders. A shield in the air would be cool too.

Unrelated but you guys must be playing some pretty shitty players if you keep getting nuclear eject kills. It's way to easy to escape save for certain maps or if you are wrecking an auto titan. Unless there is some trick to it that i'm missing?

Hitscan at full charge actually would make sense <3

Implement this Respawn!

The great ones (assuming you're not being sarcastic because this guy didn't double jump) will Stim boost.

It's very fucking hard to kill an auto-eject Pilot with the 40mm (and Legion simply can't no matter what). However, I can with Northstar. She's Bae <3

That shot in particular is really hard with Tone.
Assuming they have stim. I usually do, but am not great, lol. I have rarely missed that same shot as tone when using left trigger and tone is easily my least used titan.

Gator86

Yeah, all I think Ronin needs is maybe an extra shot in his clip. If they fix the execution crap that would be huge for Ronin. You live and die by those invinceability frames.

giphy.gif

My exact idea too. Just one more bullet and fixing all the current bugs will provide a huge boost. Not only is he currently missing those timely invincibility frames, but when those executions fail, you're often left in the lurch, basically fucked unless you have phase dash on cooldown.

deoee

giphy.gif

My exact idea too. Just one more bullet and fixing all the current bugs will provide a huge boost. Not only is he currently missing those timely invincibility frames, but when those executions fail, you're often left in the lurch, basically fucked unless you have phase dash on cooldown.

That's a laggy gif

Izuna

Banned
And there is no way you would have missed tha shot with tone either. Like i said,you are probably really good at leading

Well tbf, you have to lead more with the 40mm as it has slower velocity.

IMO it goes like this:

Legion (Smart Core) > Ion (Laser) > Ion (Shield) > Northstar (Primary) > Tone (Primary) > Scorch (Primary) > Ion (Primary)

for Goosing.

Ofc, Smart Core is dq for being unable to hit clocked pilots, and Legion's Primary and everything Ronin has doesn't Goose haha.

Drifters

Manage their dashes and generally I find it easy to back them into corners fairly easily. Good, bad, im the guy who ejects first.

Izuna

Banned
Assuming they have stim. I usually do, but am not great, lol. I have rarely missed that same shot as tone when using left trigger and tone is easily my least used titan.

Once the Pilot hit's the apex of the ejection parabola, it's extremely difficult to Goose with the 40mm. You'd have to shoot them out the air as they're rising. Also, you have to be in mid or closer range. I'm not saying it's super hard overall, but Northstar with her faster shots and comparable hitboxes, it's definitely easier.

As a Pilot is descending, and you can test this, you can Goose just by having the cursor over the pilot for the first 50% of the fall. No leading necessary (as well as if you're aiming at the apex).

Well tbf, you have to lead more with the 40mm as it has slower velocity.

IMO it goes like this:

Legion (Smart Core) > Ion (Laser) > Ion (Shield) > Northstar (Primary) > Tone (Primary) > Scorch (Primary) > Ion (Primary)

for Goosing.

Ofc, Smart Core is dq for being unable to hit clocked pilots, and Legion's Primary and everything Ronin has doesn't Goose haha.
Wait... Have you goosed with scorch's primary. Amazing, if so

Ishmae1

Had a smart-playing Ronin destroy my Ion in a 1:1 that started at medium / close range - was very good at baiting shield use with his gun to then block (damn infinite block) the return and prevent me from using laser, getting in chip swings as I dodged/reloaded and played really patient. Without being able to really push to range, it was an inevitable death on my end.

I was certainly outplayed, but I'm curious what I could have done differently at close range. He didn't use his blink, likely holding that until I used my core (which wasn't ready).

Laser tripmine - he just took the damage and dashed through it. I wish those things stunned or something... threatening.

Wondering if I should have used spread shot to burn him down, or gone full on cannon and chipped his health to nothing? Hard to analyze without video, but up close, that fight feels tough for Ion, as you can't escape the mobility of Ronin.

We've come back around to Tone nerf talk lol Patch notes when

E92, you're not fooling anyone breh

As for Northstar, I feel only small tweaks are needed. Trap dealing damage over time (even just a little) and flight cancelling at any point (making it viable for peeking) would be my wants

Drifters

Had a smart-playing Ronin destroy my Ion in a 1:1 that started at medium / close range - was very good at baiting shield use with his gun to then block (damn infinite block) the return and prevent me from using laser, getting in chip swings as I dodged/reloaded and played really patient. Without being able to really push to range, it was an inevitable death on my end.

I was certainly outplayed, but I'm curious what I could have done differently at close range. He didn't use his blink, likely holding that until I used my core (which wasn't ready).

Laser tripmine - he just took the damage and dashed through it. I wish those things stunned or something... threatening.

Wondering if I should have used spread shot to burn him down, or gone full on cannon and chipped his health to nothing? Hard to analyze without video, but up close, that fight feels tough for Ion, as you can't escape the mobility of Ronin.

I usually chip on spread and use the shoulder cannon more than the trip wire if 1v1. Problem I've found is waiting to use my laser core only to be dashed on. Now I wait for that MF to dash prior to using my core. :)

Gator86

Probably just a good Ronin, but I think trip mine is underrated. It does okay damage and you can focus on firing with your primary while dancing over the mine. If he's blocking, he can't hurt you either, and with such a small clip, he also should have been struggling to reload if you were keeping the pressure up. Also, electric smoke. People seem to want to save these for pilots when titans are the bigger threat. Smoke pushes him back or damages him badly, obscures you, let's you take free shots at him from the smoke, and lets your energy recharge.

Izuna

Banned
As for Northstar, I feel only small tweaks are needed. Trap dealing damage over time (even just a little) and flight cancelling at any point (making it viable for peeking) would be my wants

Honestly... And I really hope a Respawn dev at least says my suggestion out loud here...

Northstar's Core should dish out it's damage a little faster (same overall damage, just quicker). And either increase the AoE a little or concentrate it.

It's too spread out to for focused fire on a singular Titan, and it's not spread out enough to do damage on multiple Titans.

I think leading is an important difficulty curve here, so I wouldn't like to see faster rockets. ;p

I would also really like a kit that would get rid of the charge for Plasma Railgun in return for slightly more damage. That would give her a build that would be good for clearing out Reapers faster and improve upon her Nuclear + Tripmine meta (as she can just hip-fire the fuck out of everything like a pseudo Ronin). She's currently just a VERY tad bit too weak to do so, but I wouldn't like to see an overall buff that ends up making Northstar OP.

<3

KodaRuss

giphy.gif

Gator86 and I agree on something?

TUK3VUB.gif

Damn mobile, ill fix this stupid gif when I get back to my computer.

Ishmae1

Allow dash cancelling into flight to keep your momentum (like pilot stim + jump / slide) and she'd be a mobile sniping terror.

It would be... glorious.

I play Northstar a lot. It works as long as you concentrate on sniping. You aren't winning many 1v1 battles without being at a long enough range that you're hard to hit.

The flight sucks. No control and as someone else said, as soon as you pop up you get pelted by every titan on the map.

E92 M3

Viper's entrance in the campaign reminded me of Id from Xenogears. I wonder if anyone else thought that - it's probably too esoteric lol.

Animator

Northstar flight core needs a huge buff. It is the worst core ability by far. He should get a shield or something while flight core is active also the missiles need to be at least 2x faster since you can't hit shit with it from a distance where you won't get murdered instantly using flight core.

Mupod

the only practical use of flight core is blowing up bounty targets. Obviously once in a while I can ambush someone from behind with it but it's not like they would stand a chance if I had just shot them normally instead. And sometimes I've blown flight core for a 'sure' kill only to have a Tone or Legion just turn around at half hp and kill me from full in the middle of my super. Just safer to keep poking away with the sniper rifle.

Gator86

Gator86 and I agree on something?

dx1dIeV2Fy

Damn mobile, ill fix this stupid gif when I get back to my computer.

Ha, I think the only major points of contention I have are that Tone has no major weaknesses, unlike the other Titans, and that cloak is a poorly designed tactical that is qualitatively distinct from every other one. Outside of those, I'm not incredibly rigid on any point.

It seems like almost everyone is in agreement about a small buff for Ronin and a relatively bigger tweak for Northstar.

The other big problem with Northstar is how large her weak spot is. Somebody posted a video of all the Titan weak spots earlier, and I had no idea it's practically her whole face. I'm really convinced she's only viable at range.

Ronin on the other hand has three separate and smaller weak points, and with the sword block, he could at least survive much longer up close.

EDIT: Jesus, this thread moves fast.

KodaRuss

The other big problem with Northstar is how large her weak spot is. Somebody posted a video of all the Titan weak spots earlier, and I had no idea it's practically her whole face. I'm really convinced she's only viable at range.

Ronin on the other hand has three separate and smaller weak points, and with the sword block, he could at least survive much longer up close.

EDIT: Jesus, this thread moves fast.

I need to watch that video, who did it?

Gator86

We have found common ground :p!

--

Still waiting for patch notes, though

giphy.gif

I think everyone on here agrees that 95% of the game is fantastic. All that's really left is to critique/analyze the 5% left.

Also waiting impatiently to see these patch notes. I wish Respawn would give us numbers for stuff. Like why do perks say things like "reduces cooldowns." Give us numbers so we can make informed choices. It's a world of difference between a 10% reduction and 50% reduction. It's not helpful for players to have to try to dig up YouTube videos and shit to find basic facts about a game.

Top Bottom