• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

We have found common ground :p!

--

Still waiting for patch notes, though

giphy.gif

They won't be detailed, and that's on purpose.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...everything-inside-the-titanfall-2-patch-notes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I ordered this on black friday and wasn't expecting it just yet, but apparently it's out for delivery.

Oh no!

Is it too much to ask for an amazing campaign like this, but double the length, but just as awesome, but like every year?

Cause this here? This is the true successor to an awesome COD campaign.

Honestly... And I really hope a Respawn dev at least says my suggestion out loud here...

Northstar's Core should dish out it's damage a little faster (same overall damage, just quicker). And either increase the AoE a little or concentrate it.

It's too spread out to for focused fire on a singular Titan, and it's not spread out enough to do damage on multiple Titans.

I think leading is an important difficulty curve here, so I wouldn't like to see faster rockets. ;p

Would be nice

I would also really like a kit that would get rid of the charge for Plasma Railgun in return for slightly more damage. That would give her a build that would be good for clearing out Reapers faster and improve upon her Nuclear + Tripmine meta (as she can just hip-fire the fuck out of everything like a pseudo Ronin). She's currently just a VERY tad bit too weak to do so, but I wouldn't like to see an overall buff that ends up making Northstar OP.

<3

Do you mean less damage like the Charge Hack?

Allow dash cancelling into flight to keep your momentum (like pilot stim + jump / slide) and she'd be a mobile sniping terror.

It would be... glorious.

Yes

Yes

Gator86

Not even just the patch notes, but the current perks and options in the game need explanation. We literally don't know what any of the perks do. All we have are vague suggestions at their intended effects. "Reduces cooldown before health regen begins" does what? From what to what? What's the rationale behind not letting players make intelligent choices about their options?Their patch reasoning doesn't work at all for obscuring the other numbers. I would argue it doesn't even work in the context of the patch.

KodaRuss

I think everyone on here agrees that 95% of the game is fantastic. All that's really left is to critique/analyze the 5% left.

Also waiting impatiently to see these patch notes. I wish Respawn would give us numbers for stuff. Like why do perks say things like "reduces cooldowns." Give us numbers so we can make informed choices. It's a world of difference between a 10% reduction and 50% reduction. It's not helpful for players to have to try to dig up YouTube videos and shit to find basic facts about a game.

That was their previous patch and community wanted a bit more details. I think we will see more numbers. Like Gator said, I want numbers and rationale behind the changes.

I bet we do not get specific patch numbers and I dont really mind it too much since there will hopefully be less kneejerk reactions. I would like numbers on the loadouts that we pick though (IE. Tone Shield Blocks more damage... How much? 5-10% might not be worth it).

Never played TF1 but just picked this up at redbox thanks to the GAF hype. Gonna drink a few beers and dive into the single player! If i like what I see I'll go ahead and buy the full game.

Gator86

I bet we do not get specific patch numbers and I dont really mind it too much since there will hopefully be less kneejerk reactions. I would like numbers on the loadouts that we pick though (IE. Tone Shield Blocks more damage... How much? 5-10% might not be worth it).

Yeah, that's my thing. We don't actually know what most of the things currently in the game do. There's a defensible argument for the vague patch notes, but pretty much nothing for not having more descriptive explanations of things already in the game.

That tone shield example is the exact type of thing I'm talking about. Legion can pick a perk that increases clip size. Why not just say in plain language how many more bullets? Why make players jump through the hoops?

That and the lack of detail on perks is stupid. Like anyone could painstakingly find out what the changes are so Respawn should just detail them.

Like why does it not say how long the cooldown is for tacticals and how much power cell reduces it by. I could find out by experimenting in private match or they could just display that information...

Edit: what he said ^

KorrZ

I miss when you took damage during executions in TF1.

I wish you could just disable executions entirely. Every time I get stuck in an execution when I just wanted to quickly melee someone and end up getting killed I want to just shut the game off lol.

Hnn80Zh.gif

Nah, there's plenty of time.

Search for TitanGAF network. If you hit join, I'll get a notification to approve you (I will do so in a couple hours or smth)

You didn't hear about the Scorch nerf?

Hey I just got the game, Haven't played online yet but when I get on I'll send an invite to join TitanGAF!

TheRed

Is it too much to ask for an amazing campaign like this, but double the length, but just as awesome, but like every year?

Felt more like a successor to Half-Life to me which was really nice. Just could've used some more fleshed out characters for the world building.

It's feasibly possible for one every two years, given that Respawn scrapped a ton of work on the campaign and essentially restarted from scratch.

The difference from Hard to Master is pretty damn tough. I had very little issue with Hard but Master seems kinda cheap to me.

Yeah, same as the jump from Hardened to Veteran in COD. I don't feel like it works as well in a game where you want to keep moving as it does in a game like COD where you're playing whack-a-mole with stationary enemies from behind cover.

KodaRuss

Yeah, same as the jump from Hardened to Veteran in COD. I don't feel like it works as well in a game where you want to keep moving as it does in a game like COD where you're playing whack-a-mole with stationary enemies from behind cover.

Yeah, it seems to force me to play the game in a way that is not as fun. I have a lot of other games to play right now so I might skip the Master playthrough for now.

I really hope we get other Titan classes in MP. Were there other unique chassis besides BT in the campaign? I can't remember if Sarah or any of the bosses had different ones.

TheRed

I really wish we could have the option to remove film grain. It's really noisy looking and is liked burned into the game, haven't seen a way to remove it even on PC.

teepo

master is no where near as fun as hard and forces you to play the game in a way that is counter-intuitive to how the encounters and levels were designed to be played

I really hope we get other Titan classes in MP. Were there other unique chassis besides BT in the campaign? I can't remember if Sarah or any of the bosses had different ones.

The bosses were all the chassis from multiplayer. There are two loadouts from campaign that currently aren't in MP, Expedition and....****, can't remember the name, but it had the quad-rocket from TF1 and the flight core.

Got a triple Titan kill with Ronin. Still lost. The influx of new players is nice, but the games have been ending up pretty one-sided since. Hopefully it'll stabilize soon.

I think the removed specific numbers to make it look more clean.
Yeah I get that, like look at the comparison in information given between Borderlands and Destiny. Similar genres and Destiny's UI is slicker but I'd still take Borderlands because it actually gives detailed information on cooldowns, hit points etc.

Top Bottom