• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

TheRed

Have you gotten a gooser with it yet? The most satisfying of all.

Oh definitely, I'm actually really good at it. It's why I'm hooked on playing Ion. The gyro aim makes it feel very natural.
I made a vid showing it https://youtu.be/o2diY10hotg
mostly was zapping pilots that were jumping around but got a nice gooser at around 9:18 in there.
Goosers I am pro at, it's more the close quarters jumping around combat I panic and flail my aim around lol but I'm getting better.

Coliseum is so tense. I finally decided to try it out after so long and I only had 3 tickets. Won with the first. Lost with the second. Prizes were meh. Not sure if I want to risk losing the last one.

Gator86

Amount of times I've been executed within 1ms of being doomed tonight: 3

Amount of times I've been able to pull off an execution regardless of how many times I melee a doomed titan right in front of me tonight: 0

Goddammit, Respawn. Goddammit.

Calderc

Oh definitely, I'm actually really good at it. It's why I'm hooked on playing Ion. The gyro aim makes it feel very natural.
I made a vid showing it https://youtu.be/o2diY10hotg
mostly was zapping pilots that were jumping around but got a nice gooser at around 9:18 in there.
Goosers I am pro at, it's more the close quarters jumping around combat I panic and flail my aim around lol but I'm getting better.

Ha sorry, meant a gooser with the grapple!

E92 M3

Played a match where I was getting wrecked - died 7 times in a row with 0 kilsl. Was very titled, but then went on a 23 kill streak.

Was close to rage quitting (which is very rare for me).

Can't connect to any mp matches... what gives? Says it's starting the match then nothing happens.

For me the game is a nightmare I get kicked to the menu when finishing a match and this has happened every single match I have played. Also when I'm connecting to a match I mostly get booted to the menu. I really want to dig into the multiplayer but spending the majority of my playtime looking at a connecting screen is awful and I'm pretty sure my connection issues are game breaking for the multiplayer :/

iddqd

Super annoyed, just spawned into a game where the enemy team already had over 300 points (my team barely 100) and they all walking around in TITANS.

Not wasting my time loosing someone elses game.

And please add damage no or something like that Mr. Respawn.
A mediocre player like me would look a little bit better if those 5 Titan assists would not lead to a big fat 0 on the scoreboard because some TONE walked by and gets the last hit in.

KodaRuss

Super annoyed, just spawned into a game where the enemy team already had over 300 points (my team barely 100) and they all walking around in TITANS.

Not wasting my time loosing someone elses game.

And please add damage no or something like that Mr. Respawn.
A mediocre player like me would look a little bit better if those 5 Titan assists would not lead to a big fat 0 on the scoreboard because some TONE walked by and gets the last hit in.

I had games like that back to back. Entered bounty hunt down like 1k already with the enemy team having 4 Titans up. Wheeeee that was fun.

Bounty Hunt when you're paired with teammates that consistently get less than $100 in that match is frustrating as hell, IE every single match in that mode.

Gator86

I feel like I hear this atleast once for every map.

Not saying I disagree, just if there is one thing I am disappointed in about Titanfall its the maps.

I've gone through a few phases, but I think all the maps outside of complex and crash site have way more good than bad. The maps overall are okay with the exception of those two, which are the digital equivalent of the water that collects in the bottom of a trash can.

jeffc919

Crash site is so bad

I don't like Crash Site but I think Complex is even worse. I also thought literally every single TF1 map was at least good and most were brilliant. More maps like Eden and Angel City, please. No more cramped corridor style maps. The movement system and Titan combat need space to breathe. Maps like Complex and Crash Site literally have traffic jams.

TheRed

I'm a fan of Crash Site and Complex, but I'm a weirdo. I like bad clusterfuck things lol. I really like the uphill/downhill battle on Crash Site, it feels like a campaign scenario with real people fighting. Also the visuals design of the environment areas are a reason I like it, it looks amazing and like a real place a battle is taking place in and not just an arena made for this game. Which is why some people don't like it, that it doesn't have very obvious wall running paths and stuff but I like the rugged environment. I don't really think it should be expected to be able to ski at crazy high speeds on every single map. A lot of different pretty areas in the map. Complex as well is really visually interesting with all it's different looking areas that surround the main hallway. I understand with Titans being cramped in that hallway but you don't have to always go in there, I personally think it's hilarious in there. I think that one is actually a pretty good map whereas I understand most of the complaints of Crash Site.

Also I play Attrition 95% of the time so how bad they might be in other modes doesn't factor into my opinion of them...

I don't like Crash Site but I think Complex is even worse. I also thought literally every single TF1 map was at least good and most were brilliant. More maps like Eden and Angel City, please. No more cramped corridor style maps. The movement system and Titan combat need space to breathe. Maps like Complex and Crash Site literally have traffic jams.

I'd take Complex over Crash Site any day of the week. They're easily the worst of the bunch though.

Blackwater Canal also deserves to get more hate, but maybe that's just because it seems to pop up for me 80% of the time.

I never thought in 2016 a fps will be my GOTY. I haven't bought a shooter in years because I ceased to enjoy them. I played Modern Warfare Remaster for the first time before TitanFall 2 while I enjoyed it I remembered why I don't play those game. I started TitanFall 2 campaign yesterday and finished it this morning it's so so good. I jumped on multiplayer and I liked too. However, I played 10 matches and my team lost 8 of them lol. Obviously I'm part of the problem as I'm not good at it. Also bumper jump has been a revelation for me, I could never go back.

I was never hyped for this game and never thought I would buy it. But I saw the Black Friday deal and got the pro so I thought I should buy it and check the graphics. Now all I could think of is playing the game.

What exactly is 'bumper jump' ?

(...sorry if previously answered prior to me asking...)

I never thought in 2016 a fps will be my GOTY. I haven't bought a shooter in years because I ceased to enjoy them. I played Modern Warfare Remaster for the first time before TitanFall 2 while I enjoyed it I remembered why I don't play those game. I started TitanFall 2 campaign yesterday and finished it this morning it's so so good. I jumped on multiplayer and I liked too. However, I played 10 matches and my team lost 8 of them lol. Obviously I'm part of the problem as I'm not good at it. Also bumper jump has been a revelation for me, I could never go back.

I was never hyped for this game and never thought I would buy it. But I saw the Black Friday deal and got the pro so I thought I should buy it and check the graphics. Now all I could think of is playing the game.
I thought I was almost done with shooters last year.

Then DOOM, Overwatch and Titanfall 2 happened and now I have 3 shooters in my top 5 games of the year.

lol

TheRed

Then DOOM, Overwatch and Titanfall 2 happened and now I have 3 shooters in my top 5 games of the year.

lol

All of those plus Rainbow 6 Siege and Battlefield 1 for me. I really have too many shooters to play now. Pretty amazing games this year.
Siege technically came out late last year but it's more of this year thing with all the updates and how its grown.

Oh yeah Gears 4 was great too but I haven't stuck with the multiplayer and don't expect there to be much people left on the PC version. I might be wrong about that though.

SwolBro

Banned

lol

Gears as well.

it's definitely been the year of the shooter. it's been a long time since we've had so many great shooters come out in one year.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Complex and Crash Site are 2 of my favs :3

I like all the maps though, with Eden being my least favorite.

Go figure lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

I only have played a single game on complex, had to look it up to see what you were talking about. I didn't much like it but it wasn't obviously as bad as crash site was the first time I played that. But yeah, map design is definitely the games weak point.

TheRed

Go figure lol

I'm with you.

*High Five lol

Eden is awesome though.
I enjoy them all even though I know Titanfall 1 maps were really great in comparison.

The more I play of Complex, the less I hate it.

There are irritating points of its design, sure, but its not terrible.

Crash Site is dreadful. You basically have zero lateral movement as a Titan because the channels are so tight.

Gears as well.

it's definitely been the year of the shooter. it's been a long time since we've had so many great shooters come out in one year.

Oh I just meant FPS games. Shooters in general had Gears 4 and UC4 too yeah, although even though I loved Gears 3 I didn't get to play 4 because I'm only PC/PS4.

I also appreciate BF1 in being a better game than the last few Battlefields but I'm so worn out with the Battlefield formula that I didn't bother mentioning it.

RedFury

Man I've been having bad lag all night near unplayable. Despite that I needed to scratch that itch...now it's unplayable, join a match start heating up, fight for first on leader board (gibbed 6 pilots with Ion laser and 2 goosers tried to get more, longest gib streak) then I get kicked to main screen. Happened 3 more times, calling it a night :(

Go figure lol

B8pv9CY.gif

Top Bottom