• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What exactly is 'bumper jump' ?

(...sorry if previously answered prior to me asking...)

Bumper Jumper switches your jump button to your left shoulder button, instead of 'A' or 'X'. If you're going to do that, make sure you put it on Bumper Jumper Pilot, so it keeps your Titan's tactical(?) ability on the shoulder button.

jeffc919

I'm a fan of Crash Site and Complex, but I'm a weirdo. I like bad clusterfuck things lol. I really like the uphill/downhill battle on Crash Site, it feels like a campaign scenario with real people fighting. Also the visuals design of the environment areas are a reason I like it, it looks amazing and like a real place a battle is taking place in and not just an arena made for this game. Which is why some people don't like it, that it doesn't have very obvious wall running paths and stuff but I like the rugged environment. I don't really think it should be expected to be able to ski at crazy high speeds on every single map. A lot of different pretty areas in the map. Complex as well is really visually interesting with all it's different looking areas that surround the main hallway. I understand with Titans being cramped in that hallway but you don't have to always go in there, I personally think it's hilarious in there. I think that one is actually a pretty good map whereas I understand most of the complaints of Crash Site.

Also I play Attrition 95% of the time so how bad they might be in other modes doesn't factor into my opinion of them...

Nah, I don't think that's weird and I imagine the popularity of cramped meat grinder type maps in other games factored into the decision to include a couple of these maps that were much different than any TF1 maps. I personally hate the Shipment/Rust/Nuketown type maps in COD and Metro/Locker maps in BF so it's no surprise I don't like Complex. It isn't that level of "bad" to me though so I still play it when it comes up, whereas I would quit when one of those maps came up in the other games I mentioned. Mostly it just comes down to the fact that I hate dying and I find it hard not to die a lot on cramped maps where it's much more difficult to avoid someone getting the jump on me. I'd much rather go 12-2 than 25-15, even though both are a +10 for my team. I also only play Attrition in TF.

crash site is god awful for titan combat. everything just gets funneled in two corridors and always stuck on friendly titans being dumbasses

crash site isn't that bad as an attrition map. it's god awful as a player v player map though.

damn i think the opposite. it works in racking up player v player kills since everyone is concentrated in certain areas. it would be a fine map exclusively on pilots only mode.

but for an overall attrition map with titans...the worst.

Gator86

Finally got my first hate message on PSN. He jumped out of his titan after I firestar'd it and tried to flank me. Right when he ran up behind me I phase shifted, jumped off a wall, then Hemlocked him from above when he was running around lost. Phase shift is just the best ability.

E92 M3

Finally got my first hate message on PSN. He jumped out of his titan after I firestar'd it and tried to flank me. Right when he ran up behind me I phase shifted, jumped off a wall, then Hemlocked him from above when he was running around lost. Phase shift is just the best ability.

Phase shift shenanigans are best shenanigans.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I'm pretty sure whenever I use phase shift I get more confused than the enemy lol

Haha! I sometimes do that myself. I just hate it that sometimes, I trigger it and I go to the upside down place and still die. :(

You know you're doing something right when you get hate messages. xD Should have replied with "git gud" for max salt. Kidding!

I can get into matches just fine now, but I've read a few that can't for some reason. Odd. Maybe it has something to do with the patch coming tomorrow? But I don't see how.

And crazy. PS4 has close to 19K players! Population spiked and is maintaining it, which is awesome. :)

jeffc919

I don't think I fully appreciated the PS4 Pro improvements in this game initially until I watched my son play earlier on the old PS4 and then the difference really stuck out. Between this and BF1 I feel like buying the thing was worth it.

Gator86

Haha! I sometimes do that myself. I just hate it that sometimes, I trigger it and I go to the upside down place and still die. :(

You know you're doing something right when you get hate messages. xD Should have replied with "git gud" for max salt. Kidding!

I can get into matches just fine now, but I've read a few that can't for some reason. Odd. Maybe it has something to do with the patch coming tomorrow? But I don't see how.

And crazy. PS4 has close to 19K players! Population spiked and is maintaining it, which is awesome. :)

I've used phase shift almost exclusively from gen1 to gen6, only using the others enough to learn them, so I'm pretty comfortable with it now. You just have to always have a plan going in once you press the button.

The population numbers are awesome. With all the word of mouth, sales, and new DLC coming, the game looks like it has a long life ahead of it.

J_Viper

Dear Respawn,

I love the game, but why the fuck are you matching me against Gen 9 players when I'm level 13?

Best Regards,

J_Viper

YMMV But just snagged the deluxe edition for $23 with GCU thanks to a placard error at Best Buy. Rang up at 79.99 but placard said 29.99 for the basic. they honored the 29.99 but they gave me the deluxe edition instead to boot.

E92 M3

Yup. When it works, it makes the other person look like an absolute idiot. No other thing in the game can produce schadenfreude at the rate phase shift does.

Yeah, a good phaser will trigger anyone.

Dear Respawn,

I love the game, but why the fuck are you matching me against Gen 9 players when I'm level 13?

Best Regards,

J_Viper

Level is irrelevant since some of the best weapons are open from the start. The matchmaking favors connection - which is infinitely more important. You will get better in time. Everyone here got stomped starting out - that's just the nature of learning a new shooter,

The Flatline is just a stupid weapon, neither getting kills with it or being killed by it feels fair because you know it is either you or them being favored by RNGesus.

The Flatline is just a stupid weapon, neither getting kills with it or being killed by it feels fair because you know it is either you or them being favored by RNGesus.
I found it to work extremely well if you use it as a semi-auto/burst weapon. You can goose really reliably by just firing off one shot at a time.

KodaRuss

I had one guy today call me a pussy after a colisuem match that he won and another guy who destroyed me and asked if I was new to the game. I said no I just suck sometimes :|

I told the first guy to grow up and reported him. PSN friend with the second. Fun times.

jeffc919

Level is irrelevant since some of the best weapons are open from the start. The matchmaking favors connection - which is infinitely more important. You will get better in time. Everyone here got stomped starting out - that's just the nature of learning a new shooter,

Agree 100%. Skill based matchmaking is a cancer. It's ruined more than 1 game for me (e.g. Destiny, The Last Of Us) and I hope it never becomes part of Titanfall. Outside of a ranked playlist it has no place in any game. Connection quality should be king. Placing parties vs. like sized parties should be a priority as well. The last thing I want as I get better at a game is to constantly be punished by tougher and tougher competition, with an invisible algorithm always screwing me over behind the scenes, so it's never clear if I've plateaued (or gotten worse), or if SBMM is just punishing me...and matching me with red bar players on top of it. Just my opinion of course.

TheRed

So I've gotten really good with the L-STAR. I love it I feel like I'm shooting terror at them when they see red lasers racing at them. It's so satisfying turning pilots and grunts into mist too.

mulac

Bought the game on Black Friday for $35AUD.

Loaded it up this morning at 9am.

Just finished it at 430pm.

My god this game. Only one this year that has grabbed me and i've actually beaten the same day i started.

10/10 - well done. WELL. DONE.

Thats just the SP, going to dive into MP later but i have a few other games on the list i want to beat before christmas.

Easily beats COD IW as shooter and i have half a mind to give BF1 a go to at least compare.

So, Regen. How does that work? I barely unlocked some weapons and I want to try them out, but I'm not gaining any more merits until I regen. I'm losing all weapon levels and skins aren't I?

TheRed

Bought the game on Black Friday for $35AUD.

Loaded it up this morning at 9am.

Just finished it at 430pm.

My god this game. Only one this year that has grabbed me and i've actually beaten the same day i started.

10/10 - well done. WELL. DONE.

Thats just the SP, going to dive into MP later but i have a few other games on the list i want to beat before christmas.

Easily beats COD IW as shooter and i have half a mind to give BF1 a go to at least compare.
Single Player for BF1 is garbage compared to TF2. Besides the graphics and audio of course. DOOM is the only one comparable in single player this year and personally I'd put DOOM just above TF2 for campaign. Well IW campaign was great to me too just not as smooth in gameplay. But TF2 has easily become my GOTY because of the multi-player and the whole package with its single player being great.

Haines

Banned
I saw on Reddit that we get trailer and patch notes tomorrow!

I am so excited and scared for the patch notes lol.

Super curious on balance changes.

I kind of cant wait to play this game for another year. Its that good. I hope they support it.

Gator86

Someone please explain the logic of letting people activate their core, then nuclear ejection, giving them invincibility frames through their entire core. Why would nuke not cause cancel the core ability?

So, Regen. How does that work? I barely unlocked some weapons and I want to try them out, but I'm not gaining any more merits until I regen. I'm losing all weapon levels and skins aren't I?

You'll reset to level 1 and have to re-unlock everything, but anything you bought with credits stays unlocked, you also keep all your weapon and Titan levels, so when you get them back you don't have to level them up again.

zoodoo

Just finished the campaign.

Best FPS canpaign in a while. Makes me feel cheap I bought it on sale. Way worth the full price. More than gears 4.

No, your weapons and titans will have everything unlocked already. It's just unlocking the weapons and titans is needed once you hit regen.

You'll reset to level 1 and have to re-unlock everything, but anything you bought with credits stays unlocked, you also keep all your weapon and Titan levels, so when you get them back you don't have to level them up again.

So based on all this, it sounds good. What would be the reason to not regen now? Would I be wasting merits if I level up more weapons at Level 50 than if I level them up in other Gens? Are there enough credits so that in later regens, I would start with everything unlocked?

Top Bottom