• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

dankir

You know Ronin is fucking awesome. I've played this game for almost 80 hours, nearing Gen 4.0 and just started playing with the Stryder Titans. But goddamn this phase shift into another Titan = Ronin dying is fucking bullshit.

Either both Pilots and Titans should die or both Pilots lose their Titans. I understand that it could be too strong in LTS or something where a Ronin could kamikaze a Legion instantly or something.

But shit man, I've had some amazing runs and attrition scores ruined cuz I accidentally phased into a Titan I didn't see.... come on Respawn! Give him 5 leadwall shots too!

RedFury

Is the wingman hitscan? The other pistols (-mozambique) are correct? The gun feels lame compared to TF1 wingman I want that back. It doesn't FEEL right. I could have my sights right on someone and not get a hit then the next time it does then it doesn't. Yada yada I end up dead because I missed a point blank shot with Amped weapons that should have hit.

TheRed

Is the wingman hitscan? The other pistols (-mozambique) are correct? The gun feels lame compared to TF1 wingman I want that back. It doesn't FEEL right. I could have my sights right on someone and not get a hit then the next time it does then it doesn't. Yada yada I end up dead because I missed a point blank shot with Amped weapons that should have hit.

I've only used the mozambique so far and its not hitscan, has a cool fun projectile. Idk about the wingman or how it compares to the one in TF1 but in the patch preview details it said they're adding a new pistol the wingman elite. Maybe that will be more to your liking.

Dropping in to say I finally caught the TF2 bug. I had purchased at launch and played a little, then life happened along with BF1 and MWR. Now, after having played all the new FPS this year, this one is the victor in my book. The gameplay, the visuals and the audio are all amazing. When I am blasting it in my A40s, it reminds of being a kid at the arcade with some of the early 90s loud ass games. Totally over the top. I hope there are more people like me and the game slowly picks up steam as it rises to the top of the heap.

Gator86

You know Ronin is fucking awesome. I've played this game for almost 80 hours, nearing Gen 4.0 and just started playing with the Stryder Titans. But goddamn this phase shift into another Titan = Ronin dying is fucking bullshit.

Either both Pilots and Titans should die or both Pilots lose their Titans. I understand that it could be too strong in LTS or something where a Ronin could kamikaze a Legion instantly or something.

But shit man, I've had some amazing runs and attrition scores ruined cuz I accidentally phased into a Titan I didn't see.... come on Respawn! Give him 5 leadwall shots too!

They could just make the enemy titan take a melee hit worth of damage and push them apart some if it happens. Either way would be overly punitive. I feel like they didn't even playtest Ronin. Takes damage from titan ejections because he's always in melee range, executions don't work, phase shift suicides, etc. It makes little sense for any of this stuff to be in the game.

Animator

He should just continue phase until he is behind the titan if you phase shifted into someone.

Gator86

The Titan executions are going to be fixed in the update, right?

Respawn will only acknowledge melee issues on PC, as far as I know, so I'm not expecting it here despite a core gameplay mechanism being entirely broken. I'm on PS4 and executions are absurdly jank.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I'm having pretty high execution rates by holding melee.

Yeah, the melee for Titans is kinda hit or miss right now. I honestly think melee executions should only occur if there's half or less of a Titan's doomed life bar. Just me though. I mean, it's kinda easy to die by Anti-Titan weapons and whatnot if you're doomed, being one-hit melee'd isn't needed that much.

That said, I'm one of the people that ride their Titans even if doomed. I can usually get a few kills or even get an enemy Titan to doomed state just by poking.

I can't play Tone now. Just fed up playing as her since she's the most boring one to use, but is kinda the most powerful or most versatile. I only use Scorch in Crash Site, Complex and other tight maps. Tone, though? Almost every one of the nine maps, she can do well. That said, a good Ronin player can wreck her if she can come close.

Tuffty

I was on absolute fire in an Attrition match last night, using Stim to run and jump all over the place. Ended up with 20 pilot kills, 4 Titan kills, 39 minion kills...and still lost. I swear the people I get paired up with just play it like COD4.

Finally spent a match as Ronin. It was fun, may try that some more, but holy hell 4 shots is stupid small, and then range is pitiful :p

May end up looking back at Northstar. Ion's fun but I feel like I'm missing something...

Mastiff is still a blast, even if it barely ever kills in 1 shot :(

No Love

Banned
Dropping in to say I finally caught the TF2 bug. I had purchased at launch and played a little, then life happened along with BF1 and MWR. Now, after having played all the new FPS this year, this one is the victor in my book. The gameplay, the visuals and the audio are all amazing. When I am blasting it in my A40s, it reminds of being a kid at the arcade with some of the early 90s loud ass games. Totally over the top. I hope there are more people like me and the game slowly picks up steam as it rises to the top of the heap.

100% agreed. Titanfall 2 is the Rainbow Six Siege of 2016. The secret best game that took a while to build momentum but everyone talks about now.

Not to take away from BF1 or grandpa MW, but Titanfall 2 is a special game and I hope the DLC maps really spice things up. The foundation here is astoundindly cohesive and so satisfying.

SwolBro

Banned
I'm salivating at the upcoming cloak nerf.

in other news i've decided to switch to powercell for most of my load outs. powercell is a must in CTF. I still think health regen is better for pilot v pilot.

KodaRuss

in other news i've decided to switch to powercell for most of my load outs. powercell is a must in CTF. I still think health regen is better for pilot v pilot.

Still dont really understand the complaints with cloak but we'll see. NeoGaf is the only place I have seen complaints about Cloak. Some people on reddit referenced that and others stated they didnt believe Cloak had any issues.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

How are they changing cloak?

SwolBro

Banned
Still dont really understand the complaints with cloak but we'll see. NeoGaf is the only place I have seen complaints about Cloak. Some people on reddit referenced that and others stated they didnt believe Cloak had any issues.

How are they changing cloak?

Reddit is predominately PC and cloak isn't as much of a problem there as it is on console. Too many people are using it on console.

We don't know how they're fixing it but they said they are tweaking it in this upcoming update.

So based on all this, it sounds good. What would be the reason to not regen now? Would I be wasting merits if I level up more weapons at Level 50 than if I level them up in other Gens? Are there enough credits so that in later regens, I would start with everything unlocked?

You would be losing out on merits you would get if you're stuck at level 50 (you'll still get credits though), especially since you get merits every time you level up a titan, weapon, faction, etc. And yes, there will be enough credits as you keep playing, plus some of the unlocks are pretty cheap like the titans are only 10 credits each if you want to unlock them early. Weapons aren't expensive either.

jet1911

Archer and Mag Launcher are the best anti-Titan weapons. Both are beastly in their own way.

Archer kicks major ass for getting your Titan faster.

The Archer does a lot of damage but it's too slow to fire, the Thunderbolt is perfect to harass a titan in close quarter.

Cloak could use a duration nerf, it last a really long time it feels like.

As for how well it cloaks, that also depends. Sometimes it's super obvious, but also sometimes folks can be near invisible depending on where they are standing in front of. A person standing in front of or near a gray wall (many of the buildings in the game) is pretty much invisible at anywhere but point blank range. It makes for easy sniping. At range it could use a little nerf in how it stands out or when a person is standing still... some kind of tell, like how they added sniper scope glints to show invisible snipers in games like Battlefield.

SwolBro

Banned
Cloak could use a duration nerf, it last a really long time it feels like.

As for how well it cloaks, that also depends. Sometimes it's super obvious, but also sometimes folks can be near invisible depending on where they are standing in front of. A person standing in front of or near a gray wall (many of the buildings in the game) is pretty much invisible at anywhere but point blank range. It makes for easy sniping. At range it could use a little nerf in how it stands out or when a person is standing still... some kind of tell, like how they added sniper scope glints to show invisible snipers in games like Battlefield.

This made me think.

The insane christmas tree glow should only be for players not moving. The faster/more you move the less you fucking glow. Would this be hard to implement? It'd be a brilliant game play development. Dudes sitting there crouching glow bright fucking orange but if you're parkouring you have no glow.

iddqd

This Regen stuff is a great example for "Please explain shit better".
Comes up all the time and now that I'm at that point, its a weird idea to "loose" any progress at all.

This game throws shit at you and lets the internet do the clean up.

Comes up all the time and now that I'm at that point, its a weird idea to "loose" any progress at all.

Yeah, I agree, but luckily, they'll be releasing an FAQ page for the MP with the next patch.

I do like the progression system in the game though. It doesn't feel like a grind or anything. I just keep playing, regen when I reach that point, and if I really want something, I buy it. Takes the pain away from having to redo everything just from the beginning just for some skins.

Was there supposed to be a patch today?

I think it's tomorrow. People who preordered the game will be getting Angel City early, and I assume the rest of the updates will be added on. I could be wrong though.

Keihart

to be fair , when you press regen the game prompts you with the information about it and asks you if you are sure like 3 times.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It's been a while, but wasn't cloak in tf1 much easier to see as a pilot and really only made you nearly invisible to titans?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is there a reason to regent? I never did in tf1 or any of the cods I played, why should I now?

Gator86

The game really does a terrible job of explaining virtually everything, which is a shame because it would help both new and veteran players alike. Newbies are totally lost and veterans can't min/max because everything is some vague description that means mostly nothing.

to be fair , when you press regen the game prompts you with the information about it and asks you if you are sure like 3 times.
Still, it feels weird to reset random progress and I never regened in the first game either. I think I'll do it this time though because there are more upsides to it.

Top Bottom