• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

This made me think.

The insane christmas tree glow should only be for players not moving. The faster/more you move the less you fucking glow. Would this be hard to implement? It'd be a brilliant game play development. Dudes sitting there crouching glow bright fucking orange but if you're parkouring you have no glow.

Anything to get the people moving in PVP - also the mode where cloak is most annoying.

Is there a reason to regent? I never did in tf1 or any of the cods I played, why should I now?

There is no reason not to actually (coming from someone that never regened in any COD games). You keep all weapon levels and everything purchased with credits. The most intuitive system yet.

Izuna

Banned
This made me think.

The insane christmas tree glow should only be for players not moving. The faster/more you move the less you fucking glow. Would this be hard to implement? It'd be a brilliant game play development. Dudes sitting there crouching glow bright fucking orange but if you're parkouring you have no glow.

The glow is borrowed from Overwatch, I think. It doesn't suit this game in the slightest but whatever. Especially since it's overridden by the Sonar and with that, the glow is the same for Minions and Pilots.

However, it's fine as it. It's not a super huge issue for me personally. I remember hating it a little in the tech test so either it was changed or I got used to it.

regen is such a dumb lazy way to keep progression going.

"do what you just did, unlock what you unlocked, and recreate all those loadouts. 9 more times"

Get to the choppahhh

zGxdYyenrRtwA.gif

Also, the other team only scored 20 points on hardpoint... :(

RedFury

Had a game with fellow gaffers the enemy team only had 8 points in hardpoint. Felt bad man I give them props for staying the whole match, they're Champs in my book.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just started this up last night, Only an hour or so into the campaign and I'm already surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. Going to continue getting the hang of shit in there before I venture into the online slaughterhouse.

cluderi

Finished the campaign over the weekend.

Respawn have done themselves proud with it, puts most modern shooter campaigns to shame and I totally get the comparisons to HL2 and Valves games.

Had a load of fun with it, if it wasn't for my huge love for Dragon Quest Builders this would be my GOTY :D

I picked up this game for $30 on black friday. I am playing through the campaign now and am pleasantly surprised at how it is playing out. They could have easily gone with a standard shooter campaign like a Call of Duty but they went more Half-Life meets Portal. I am excited to play more of it tonight.

E92 M3

I picked up this game for $30 on black friday. I am playing through the campaign now and am pleasantly surprised at how it is playing out. They could have easily gone with a standard shooter campaign like a Call of Duty but they went more Half-Life meets Portal. I am excited to play more of it tonight.

These guys revolutionized COD (and console shooters in general) and now they set the bar even higher with TF2.

RedFury

So the facility where the Arc is (the one that's destroyed when you get there) Cooper or the player is the one who caused the explosion even before you got there correct? Through gameplay your shown your own actions causing the time distortion and explosion that destroyed the facility.
At least that's what I got out of it, which blew my mind. I like that the story progresses through gameplay and not some CG.

Edit: Oh and another thing.
If you find the data logs they talk about a pilot disappearing and reappearing at will. His movement is erratic and is taking out everyone in the facility with ease.
If they're talking about you
in the past
while you play was another moment I was like holy shit they were talking about me the whole time.

SwolBro

Banned
However, it's fine as it. It's not a super huge issue for me personally. I remember hating it a little in the tech test so either it was changed or I got used to it.
They reduced it slightly after the first tech test week and i believe a slight more before launch. They need to reduce it even more.

regen is such a dumb lazy way to keep progression going.

"do what you just did, unlock what you unlocked, and recreate all those loadouts. 9 more times"

it is annoying that it makes you rename everything again.
It had challenges in R1 but people complained it was too hard... ;(
i loved the regen from the first game but it made the initial launch of the game terrible. the gameplay was ruined because people were so focused on the challenges and nothing else.

Is there a reason we can't change boost besides at the beginning of a match?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Free multiplayer trial coming as well. Just got the press release.

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today announced that this holiday’s highest rated shooter, Titanfall® 2, will host a free trial of the game’s full multiplayer offering. The trial* will begin for EA Access and Origin Access members on November 30th, and become available for all non EA Access and Origin Access players starting December 2nd on Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 and Origin for PC. Trial players will get a chance to experience the fast and fluid multiplayer in Titanfall that “makes the competition feel clunky and staid in comparison,” according to Eurogamer. Those looking to continue this action into the full game will have all their multiplayer progress carryover, in addition to getting their hands-on what Entertainment Weekly calls, “one of the best single-player campaigns of the year.”

Full thing: http://ea.newshq.businesswire.com/p...ted-shooter-titanfall-2-free-multiplayer-tria

Someone ought to create a new thread for this, and the trailer, no?

KodaRuss

Reddit is predominately PC and cloak isn't as much of a problem there as it is on console. Too many people are using it on console.

We don't know how they're fixing it but they said they are tweaking it in this upcoming update.

I cannot seem to find the poll right now but I am pretty sure PS4+Xbox1 was even if not more than PC.

SwolBro

Banned

Honestly, Rayme i think we would all be ok if you guys just released all the good maps from Titanfall 1. Seriously, they don't even have to be remakes. Maybe change the filter so it seems new.

I cannot seem to find the poll right now but I am pretty sure PS4+Xbox1 was even if not more than PC.
i'm sure combined there's going to be more right now but they don't post as often. Reddit has been PC since titanfall 1. Most of the regulars there are PC players.

EDIT: why is gyfcat 15 seconds and gify only 10? aren't they by the same people? i can't seem to get a gyfcat to work on gaf. someone help me for the love of god!

FStop7

Banned
The Angel City trailer is making me want to try Grapple.

I think I'm gonna ride Cloak out to level 50 and then switch to Grapple when I regen. Then Stim, Phase, etc.

So the facility where the Arc is (the one that's destroyed when you get there) Cooper or the player is the one who caused the explosion even before you got there correct? Through gameplay your shown your own actions causing the time distortion and explosion that destroyed the facility.
At least that's what I got out of it, which blew my mind. I like that the story progresses through gameplay and not some CG.

Edit: Oh and another thing.
If you find the data logs they talk about a pilot disappearing and reappearing at will. His movement is erratic and is taking out everyone in the facility with ease.
If they're talking about you
in the past
while you play was another moment I was like holy shit they were talking about me the whole time.

Correct. They need to do singleplayer DLC with more of this. There wasn't enough of it in the campaign. Fuck it, they could make a whole game that leverages it.

Chris1

Honestly, Rayme i think we would all be ok if you guys just released all the good maps from Titanfall 1. Seriously, they don't even have to be remakes. Maybe change the filter so it seems new.

I've said the same thing too, I wonder how easy it would be to just port the Titanfall 1 maps over. Same graphics etc. Anything would be better than the maps we have now lol.

Strider

I played tf1 maps for years... I absolutely welcome Angel City but I don't want them to spend time porting more of them over. I want new maps/experiences...

KorrZ

Angel City trailer looked amazing. So many fond memories of that map from TF1.

I know what I'll be doing for like 6 hours on Saturday lol. God I love this game even if it makes me rage like crazy sometimes.

LowSignal

I'm going to drop some BWW codes for nose art and coliseum ticket here if that's ok.
824V-DGEA-CLCL-QYNF
DN8G-KC5L-EY7J-4Z45
G2BR-28V9-GY29-BBYP
EVVG-95BX35UA-XK2K
4ET3-XS7Z-QXSD-MV53
See you in Angel City

Chris1

I played tf1 maps for years... I absolutely welcome Angel City but I don't want them to spend time porting more of them over. I want new maps/experiences...
Depends how easy it would be.. If it'd take months then yeah I agree with you, but if it's gonna be a few weeks I think 24 extra good maps would be worth it.

Strider

Depends how easy it would be.. If it'd take months then yeah I agree with you, but if it's gonna be a few weeks I think 24 extra good maps would be worth it.

I'm not gonna pretend I have any idea for sure... But I would assume it would take months yea. If it was easy they'd already be on with it.

E92 M3

I would like to see Warpfall buffed.

Some ideas:

- A dome shield that only lasts 2-3 seconds
- No announcement for hostile Titanfall.

Currently, anyone that uses warpfall is a free kill for me. I LOVED warpfall in the first game.

Iceman829

Picked up the game during BF and finished beating the campaign on master last night. I'll have to check out the MP this week especially with Angel City returning.

Some ideas:

Currently, anyone that uses warpfall is a free kill for me. I LOVED warpfall in the first game.

Actually think the only way to balance this is to substantially increase the time of the normal dome titanfall.

SwolBro

Banned

Some ideas:

warpfall could use a slight buff to come down faster but that's it. i use it because i'm usually the first with my titan.

Ok. So I picked this up on Black Friday and I'm loving it. Although, one thing that kind of drives me insane as a new player is that people in this game just don't really seem to give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Like, I try to stick together with other Titans/Pilots. And people will literally just run off into a whole enemy team of Titans, and their score will be abysmal.

Another thing as a new player, I really feel like I'm being punished extremely hard when I die when I have a solid amount of money. 50% just seems like an insane amount. I know that I will get the hang of the game more, the more I play. But sometimes I feel like I just did all this shit, and then its stripped straight from my hands. (I know I need to get better and will. I am a very competent fps player.) My only question is, do the percentages to how much money I lose ever change? And when I kill people do the percentages change? Because last night I killed someone and I wasn't fully paying attention to the % but I feel like I got more money than normal. Which I know could of just meant that the guy had a lot of money.

Top Bottom