• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Actually think the only way to balance this is to substantially increase the time of the normal dome titanfall.

It's already a decently lengthy process (when considering the heat of battle). I think Warpfall could use a slight buff.

warpfall could use a slight buff to come down faster but that's it. i use it because i'm usually the first with my titan.

I just don't like the fact that an overzealous pilot can start damaging your Titan right away. I'm normally down first as well, but sometimes accidents happen (Titan falls across the map lol).

You don't like my idea of omitting the hostile titanfall announcement?

KingV

Ok. So I picked this up on Black Friday and I'm loving it. Although, one thing that kind of drives me insane as a new player is that people in this game just don't really seem to give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Like, I try to stick together with other Titans/Pilots. And people will literally just run off into a whole enemy team of Titans, and their score will be abysmal.

Another thing as a new player, I really feel like I'm being punished extremely hard when I die when I have a solid amount of money. 50% just seems like an insane amount. I know that I will get the hang of the game more, the more I play. But sometimes I feel like I just did all this shit, and then its stripped straight from my hands. (I know I need to get better and will. I am a very competent fps player.) My only question is, do the percentages to how much money I lose ever change? And when I kill people do the percentages change? Because last night I killed someone and I wasn't fully paying attention to the % but I feel like I got more money than normal. Which I know could of just meant that the guy had a lot of money.

Bounty hunt is more frustrating than other modes IMO. The whole "camping the bank" thing kind of ruins it for me.

E92 M3

I would love to see some improvements in both Warpfall and Phase Embark. They're kind of useless right now.

WAIT. I only use Phase Embark (outside of PVP) and love it. It helps me be very maneuverable with my Titan. Gen 9 and only use Phase Embark. I swear by Phase Embark lol.

What kind of improvements would you like to see?

deoee

WAIT. I only use Phase Embark (outside of PVP) and love it. It helps me be very maneuverable with my Titan. Gen 9 and only use Phase Embark. I swear by Phase Embark lol.

What does it even do?
I mean, where is the benefit? How much faster are you inside of the Titan?

FStop7

Banned

What does it even do?
I mean, where is the benefit? How much faster are you inside of the Titan?

That's the thing, I see it as pretty useless compared to the other 3 perks.

IFFfEbX.png

Just had my best game yet with Ronin, slicing pilots to pieces left and right, leading the team coming back from a nearly 100 point deficit, you probably can tell from the scores of the others...

Hemlock/G2 + A-Wall + pilot sentry is so OP in Pilot vs. Pilot, lol.

A-wall shouldn't amp your weapon, pilot sentry should only take 1 grenade to take out, and they shouldn't stack at all.

Mossybrew

Just wrapped up the game.

Short and sweet. One of the best shooter campaigns I've ever played? Maybe. It's definitely up there.

What a blast.

Just finished the campaign myself last night. Gameplay-wise, yeah I think it was great, good variety, some neat gameplay elements. Story however was generic and I found both Cooper and PT fairly boring, uninteresting characters. Cooper's voice acting in particular was awful, just painfully milquetoast.

just got this and ran through the first missions of campaign, holy hell is it good. Really love how well incorporated Titan battle is, in most FPS if you get in a mech or tank you're way too OP. There's actually a definite strategy needed with these titan moments

Nabs

Great, great campaign. So fun, and so beautiful, even on my 660ti. Like TheRed mentioned earlier, it works so well with the Steam Controller. It feels like it was made for it.

I haven't tried MP yet, but I'll give it a spin tonight.

Kthulhu

Bounty hunt is more frustrating than other modes IMO. The whole "camping the bank" thing kind of ruins it for me.

That's why you use sonar or throw a grenade at the bank. If you get a hitmark you just go around and kill the guy who's camping.

Calderc

Goddamn at that Angel City trailer.

Stop breaking gaming for me Respawn. I don't want to play anything other than TF2 ever again.

RocknRola

Reached and finished
Trial by Fire

Man! It was FUCKING EPIC!!! I was changing loadouts left and right, taking advantge of the terrain, the backup AI, constantly getting my various special cores ready to use, it was just awesome! Game knows when to take things up a notch!

The mission before it when you
kill Richter
was also pretty fun.Loads of fun platforming and using the world/environment to gain an edge in the many battles. Likewise for the level when you
kill Ash (?..was that her name? I think it was)
, the design was just mindblowing (and the whole idea behind it). And the
time control
level too! Man, most of the levels outside the intro are pretty fun :p GG Respawn, you did good!

Afterwards I tried the MP and just got destroyed lol I didn't even know what the heck was happening half the time hehe Guess I'll have to grind a bit to get decent at it. And get to know the maps a bit too.

Ok. So I picked this up on Black Friday and I'm loving it. Although, one thing that kind of drives me insane as a new player is that people in this game just don't really seem to give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Like, I try to stick together with other Titans/Pilots. And people will literally just run off into a whole enemy team of Titans, and their score will be abysmal.

Another thing as a new player, I really feel like I'm being punished extremely hard when I die when I have a solid amount of money. 50% just seems like an insane amount. I know that I will get the hang of the game more, the more I play. But sometimes I feel like I just did all this shit, and then its stripped straight from my hands. (I know I need to get better and will. I am a very competent fps player.) My only question is, do the percentages to how much money I lose ever change? And when I kill people do the percentages change? Because last night I killed someone and I wasn't fully paying attention to the % but I feel like I got more money than normal. Which I know could of just meant that the guy had a lot of money.

You want to play Attrition as your fresh Titanfall experience, not Bounty Hunt. Also the scoring mechanics of BH is poorly explained, your own score is not calculated by money deposited only. Even if you die and lose half the money, it is not the end of the day, killing enemies in general count towards a significant portion of scores in BH. BUT... winning BH does require you to deposit to the bank, so it can be very confusing.

For tactics, just focus on doing your thing at first, team shooting a lot, assists help your team too!

Drewfonse

First thing I'll do is boot up a private match and run around Angel City by myself.

I've been using Tone alot, because I do well with her, but after picking up Scorch again...he's just so much more fun. I may accept a small dip in my performance to have more fun.

You want to play Attrition as your fresh Titanfall experience, not Bounty Hunt. Also the scoring mechanics of BH is poorly explained, your own score is not calculated by money deposited only. Even if you die and lose half the money, it is not the end of the day, killing enemies in general count towards a significant portion of scores in BH. BUT... winning BH does require you to deposit to the bank, so it can be very confusing.

For tactics, just focus on doing your thing at first, team shooting a lot, assists help your team too!

Isn't it killing NPCs? You only get a scoring boost from killing enemy pilots if they had money to steal.

Isn't it killing NPCs? You only get a scoring boost from killing enemy pilots if they had money to steal.

You get money by killing NPCs and scoring hits on bounty Titans, which contributes to your personal score shown on the scoreboard, BUT, for the $5000 win limit, only the amount deposited to the bank counts, the scoring in BH is just a mess.

TheRed

That Angel City trailer looks so nice. Damn I'd be happy with a ton of TF1 map remakes.I only put like 50 hours in Titanfall 1 on PC and knew it was a great game but it just didn't hold my interest to play it for hours and hours. Even still I was always amazed by how cool the maps were with all the awesome backdrops and everything. Especially when they made the DLC free I was amazed at how many good maps there were. But I never played enough to really know the ins and outs of all of them.

Now TF2 the gameplay has completely clicked with me and I've already put in as much time as I ever put in all the time I had Titanfall 1. This game just needs more and more maps and I'd be in heaven. If it's more remakes or at least new ones that borrow some design philosophies from the old ones it will be great.
I wouldn't get tired of remakes because such a big part of TF2s audience didn't get the chance to fully appreciate TF1.

You get money by killing NPCs and scoring hits on bounty Titans, which contributes to your personal score shown on the scoreboard, BUT, for the $5000 win limit, only the amount deposited to the bank counts, the scoring in BH is just a mess.

Wait, I don't think that's right. I always notice that the team scores at the top of my screen tick towards the limit during the bounty phases. Money banked during bonus rounds just speed up the scoring.

Love how the game doesn't explain anywhere how to play Bounty Hunt still. Folks complained about this in testing, and nothing changed. People still are not sure how bounty hunt works.

Alx

Is there an official word for ziplines in multiplayer ? Those were fun, and they're already in the campaign anyway...

Love how the game doesn't explain anywhere how to play Bounty Hunt still. Folks complained about this in testing, and nothing changed. People still are not sure how bounty hunt works.

Even if the full scoring system isn't clear, the base idea seemed simple enough even in the beta. "Shoot stuff to get money, then bring it to the bank". Even without the full details, it should be enough to play that mode correctly.

Top Bottom