• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
Please be joking

latest

Disker

Wait, I don't think that's right. I always notice that the team scores at the top of my screen tick towards the limit during the bounty phases. Money banked during bonus rounds just speed up the scoring.

He is wrong.

You get points for your team killing the npc's at, the same time you get the same amount of points to bank. Basically you get 10 points for a kill, at the same time you get 10 points to bank ( so 20 total). So if you don't get killed you can double your teams score by banking.

This is why we needed the faq. Cause apparently people still don't understand this unfortunately. Really straight forward though.

There is no "personal score" other than bragging rights :D

He is wrong.

You get points for your team killing the npc's at, the same time you get the same amount of points to bank. Basically you get 10 points for a kill, at the same time you get 10 points to bank ( so 20 total). So if you don't get killed you can double your teams score by banking.

This is why we needed the faq. Cause apparently people still don't understand this unfortunately. Really straight forward though.

Okay that's what I thought.

The other thing is that if you kill an enemy pilot and steal their money, you have to bank the stolen money to get it scored for the team.

Disker

Okay that's what I thought.

The other thing is that if you kill an enemy pilot and steal their money, you have to bank the stolen money to get it scored for the team.

That is correct. You get 50% of what he had when you killed him. But you can only bank it. It won't be added until you do.

dankir

Why does it even matter when they're all vague and useless

Also I never even tried phase embark because it seemed useless, guess it's worth a shot though huh

Uhh its quite useful in LTS with any Titan, quick battery pickups can really help. Everything in this game is there for a reason, everything!

Yeah, I think people expecting a ton of detail for balance tweaks and whatnot are going to be disappointed.

They don't want people to start completely changing their behavior based on conclusions gathered by patch notes.

They want people to keep doing what they're doing and see how the changes organically impact play.

Better data for them to work with than saying 'hey, we did this and this and this' and a significant chunk of the audience goes 'oh, well then I'm going to start doing this and this and this' immediately.

Uhh its quite useful in LTS with any Titan, quick battery pickups can really help. Everything in this game is there for a reason, everything!
Yeah I never thought about that.

I refuse to believe anyone can do anything well with Hover though, whenever anyone is using Hover that's a free kill for me lol.

Yeah I never thought about that.

I refuse to believe anyone can do anything well with Hover though, whenever anyone is using Hover that's a free kill for me lol.

I'm pretty sure hover is for people who have a hard time aiming while in the air. Once you get better, it's definitely useless. Makes me think it should be a kit that's unlocked earlier.

KingV

Wait, I don't think that's right. I always notice that the team scores at the top of my screen tick towards the limit during the bounty phases. Money banked during bonus rounds just speed up the scoring.

When you kill something you'll notice that there are like two numbers that flash on screen out of the body, they are different colors. I believe one of those goes directly to the points total and the other goes to you "wallet" to be deposited for more points.

TheRed

I like hover to throw people off about where you're moving and then shoot em in the face. It's not amazingly good or anything but I had fun when I used it and got some kills with it. It feels cool for some style. It's better than wallhang at least.

E92 M3

I like hover to throw people off about where you're moving and then shoot em in the face. It's not amazingly good or anything but I had fun when I used it and got some kills with it. It feels cool for some style. It's better than wallhang at least.

I wish wallhang was default like in the original.

KorrZ

I got a pretty awesome kill on homestead with it. Someone was up on top of the huge tower in the middle of the map, ejected from my Titan and used hover to take them out while up in the air. Felt bad ass lol.

SwolBro

Banned
Also I never even tried phase embark because it seemed useless, guess it's worth a shot though huh
Only for LTS

Yeah, I think people expecting a ton of detail for balance tweaks and whatnot are going to be disappointed.

I'm pretty sure it's going to go like this: Everything people wanted fixed they left untouched, things people never wanted adjusted were "tweaked" and ruined.

That's how these things usually go. I've repeated what had to be changed ad nauseum. I doubt they do any of it. I'm expecting Tone to be nerfed really bad when all they had to do were a few more minor tweaks. But we'll see, fingers crossed.

E92 M3

Only for LTS

I'm pretty sure it's going to go like this: Everything people wanted fixed they left untouched, things people never wanted adjusted were "tweaked" and ruined.

That's how these things usually go. I've repeated what had to be changed ad nauseum. I doubt they do any of it. I'm expecting Tone to be nerfed really bad when all they had to do were a few more minor tweaks. But we'll see, fingers crossed.

I hope not - would hurt my enjoyment a lot. The 40mm is by far my favorite Titan weapon.

Respawn aren't Bungie, they're smart enough to make things useless.

SwolBro

Banned
I hope not - would hurt my enjoyment a lot. The 40mm is by far my favorite Titan weapon.

Respawn aren't Bungie, they're smart enough to make things useless.
True, they definitely aren't Bungie.

Bungie is the absolute worst. It's crazy how people still play Destiny religiously like that. Game is pure aggravation.

Hover is awesome in the right hands. If you're dying all the time while using it, you ain't using it right. Going from wall running to a jump then hover above an opponent confuses the shit out of them. On consoles at least it's really hard to keep your bearings while quickly attempting to aim straight up.

Devotion + Hover = A lot of kills.

It is literally the only gun Hover is useful with though. :)

Nah, my volt rains death upon those beneath me.

RedFury

I know someone at Respawn watches a bunch of samurai movies and thought up of numerous executions that they are currently not using.
Lol got me thinking. Phase dash behind, sweep kick like Northstar, enemy titan lands on knees, honorable execution (head/torso cut off).

He is wrong.

Maybe I wasn't being clear enough. What I meant was that in BH the score you see on the scoreboard is not just plain "how much you banked", which leads to the confusion on how to win BH.

Hover is awesome in the right hands. If you're dying all the time while using it, you ain't using it right. Going from wall running to a jump then hover above an opponent confuses the shit out of them. On consoles at least it's really hard to keep your bearings while quickly attempting to aim straight up.

I just slide below them and pick them off, don't think I've been killed by hover once.

Gator86

They really should have titan loadouts, just like pilots. It would be great to be able to set loadouts for titans with a skin, execution, paint, and perks. Having to go change all that stuff is tedious and pointless when a mechanism already exists for such a thing in the game. I wonder if the patch is going to touch any of their menus. Did they find someone who could figure out how to get all modes on one page? Perhaps some type of additional row....

Top Bottom