• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Phase Shift execution -

latest

I wonder if you can shoot an enemy Pilot during the Phase Shift execution, like with the current executions. It's the reason why I never execute enemies; if someone else finds me during it, I'm guaranteed to die.

E92 M3

I wonder if you can shoot an enemy Pilot during the Phase Shift execution, like with the current executions. It's the reason why I never execute enemies; if someone else finds me during it, I'm guaranteed to die.

Style > efficiency.

That said, I've only been killed once during an execution and execute often.

E92 M3

I've never seen the Flying Knee or 2-2-3 combo one or whatever, wonder what they look like

I only spent 300 on the gun one, but looked up the others. They are nothing special - waiting to unlock through gift. Not worth the 300.

Phase shift I'm buying right away, though.

TheRed

So I kinda went beast mode when I played last night on Eden...
https://youtu.be/5Lh4uB-XPEY

When you play a match with no deaths it feels so great and just like a trailer for the game.
I've started loving the L-STAR, it's a lot of fun to just melt people while it sounds and looks menacing. I pair it with the Mozambique for double awesome projectile fun.

Also this happened
source.gif

Gravity Star pulled my shots around corner and got a kill. So many awesome things can happen in this game.

E92 M3

So I kinda went beast mode when I played last night on Eden...
https://youtu.be/5Lh4uB-XPEY

When you play a match with no deaths it feels so great and just like a trailer for the game.
I've started loving the L-STAR, it's a lot of fun to just melt people while it sounds and looks menacing. I pair it with the Mozambique for double awesome projectile fun.

Also this happened
source.gif

Gravity Star pulled my shots around corner and got a kill. So many awesome things can happen in this game.

PogChamp

dankir

Posted this in the other thread.

Man looking at the details, these are fucking brutal. Straight up Mortal Kombat fatalities lol. See the pilot bracing when he gets an Laser Core to the face? Blood and guts in the phase shift execution.

I have a few ideas for Scorch executions similar to Sub Zeros Ice Grenades fatalities.

1. Punches the Titan and knocks him back
  2. Scorch takes out a thermite canister and punches straight into the pilot cockpit leaving with the gas engulfing the entire Titan.
  3. Pilot tries to get out
  4. Scorch uses his fire shield and the canister explodes destroying everything.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I think frags are awesome in this game. Coliseum really hammers home the Phase Shift + cook technique, and I've had good success with it in regular matches as well.

pixxxelz

I finished the single player campaign yesterday and you guys weren't kidding this game is awesome, i didn't care for the story or the characters one bit though but the gameplay was absolutely amazing, I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer though too chaotic for me.
plus overwatch keeps calling my name

Definitively picking up the sequel whenever that comes out.

Geist-

Nice, this game has a way of rewarding a player that's improving their skill.
It really does. I played with Tone until G10 because I'm such a big fan of the 40mm, but I forced myself to switch because the other Titans deserve attention too. It felt bad at first, it felt like I was losing games quite a lot, but after I got used to the other titans and figured out their playstyle, it was so rewarding.

E92 M3

what's this?

Go into phase shift, start cooking, when you get out throw.

It really does. I played with Tone until G10 because I'm such a big fan of the 40mm, but I forced myself to switch because the other Titans deserve attention too. It felt bad at first, it felt like I was losing games quite a lot, but after I got used to the other titans and figured out their playstyle, it was so rewarding.

Yep, this game is the epitome of: easy to play, hard to master.

Finally played Bounty Hunt... meh? Pulled almost 2K in BH. Still would rather play Attrition or AH (AH more than anything else). Fun playing with Visceral. Goddamn he's played more than me lol.

Finally played Bounty Hunt... meh? Pulled almost 2K in BH. Still would rather play Attrition or AH (AH more than anything else). Fun playing with Visceral. Goddamn he's played more than me lol.

Bounty Hunt is so much better than Attrition in my eyes. The way the bots are handled is better and the fact that there's an actual objective is nice, plus the feeling that every death counts - moreso when you're doing well. It's a really neat mode, probably my favorite overall.

Pretty much all I play now is Bounty Hunt, Last Titan Standing and Pilots vs. Pilots.

Tabby

I just got this game, man I miss entering the Titan in first person. I really miss it.

And what does Faction affect? Like other than who you see when you enter a battle.

I just got this game, man I miss entering the Titan in first person. I really miss it.

And what does Faction affect? Like other than who you see when you enter a battle.

When you win as part of a faction you level them up and gain exclusive banners and patches and stuff. But more importantly they're the announcer for your game.

Ash> all

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
what's this?

You can see what I'm talking about sort of on the killcam at the start of this clip: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/23996856

After Phase Shifting immediately start cooking your grenade, as you exit find your target and throw. It leaves you pretty much the perfect amount of time on your fuse. Anytime I Phase Shift I'm either cooking a grenade or I'm reloading.

I'm also a fan of the 'fuck it this Coliseum round has been going on for way too long Jesus take the wheel' nades: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/23996868

One goofy thing about Frags is while you're cooking them if you press the weapon swap button you just kind drop them. I can't say I've really found a use for doing it, but I feel like I should at least try.

Bounty Hunt is so much better than Attrition in my eyes. The way the bots are handled is better and the fact that there's an actual objective is nice, plus the feeling that every death counts - moreso when you're doing well. It's a really neat mode, probably my favorite overall.

Pretty much all I play now is Bounty Hunt, Last Titan Standing and Pilots vs. Pilots.

Yeah I know everyone has their preferences. At least 95% of my matches have been AH. Seriously, I can't shake playing Conquest modes. Even in COD I only played hardpoint matches. This gets me nostalgic about how good Rush used to be in the BF series, especially BC2. So fucking good. Sorry, off track there.

Factions give you unique announcers for your game and exclusive banners and emblems as you level them up.

Mikef2000

I just bought Titanfall2 over the weekend and started the campaign. So far, I am LOVING it. I'm taking my sweet time and trying to collect all the pilot helmets. Anyways, I go to the
time travel level
and I was just blown away. I did not expect the game to go in that direction, but I'm really happy they did. It's a really fun mechanic and it's extremely well implemented.

That said, it kind of brings me to my post. It's during the end of this level as I'm trying to grab the last pilot helmet that I either found a glitch, or the game kept glitching on me. Basically,
ust before the end of the level there is a helmet that is against the glass curtain wall perimeter, and if I try to time travel anywhere near it, I get stuck in the middle of space, I can even see the skymap form as in a fisheye lens. The only way to get unstuck is to kill myself using the c4 packet.
. I tried it multiple times, but the end result was the same.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm on a PS4 Pro and bought the game digitally. No other game spoilers, please. I stopped playing after clearing this level(and leaving behind the pilot helmet).

Gator86

I haven't been able to force much BH since the full game launched. I didn't enjoy it in beta and the idea of farming bots isn't especially appealing. I vastly prefer Attrition. I usually tend toward TDM anyway, and the freedom of approach there is nice.

It's also pretty easy to carry in Attrition. I know that I usually just need a Titan to swing the game back in our favor if we go down more than a few at some point.

E92 M3

I haven't been able to force much BH since the full game launched. I didn't enjoy it in beta and the idea of farming bots isn't especially appealing. I vastly prefer Attrition. I usually tend toward TDM anyway, and the freedom of approach there is nice.

It's also pretty easy to carry in Attrition. I know that I usually just need a Titan to swing the game back in our favor if we go down more than a few at some point.

Attrition is so much more fun solo and it's fun being a terror in a Titan.

Ishmae1

I prefer BH because it at least focuses the action in a clear "hey, the fight's over here!" manner that draws both teams to conflict. Attrition's problem (IMO) in TF2 is that unless there's some pattern to the bot drops in different map areas that I've not been able to figure out, it feels as if half the match is hunting down bot clusters and pilots, but there's no method to it other than just blazing around the map, happening across clusters of enemies.

It felt like in TF1 that Attrition had more of a front-line mechanic, so you knew roughly where the fight was taking place at all times. That, and you saw bots on radar.

Calderc

I prefer BH because it at least focuses the action in a clear "hey, the fight's over here!" manner that draws both teams to conflict. Attrition's problem (IMO) in TF2 is that unless there's some pattern to the bot drops in different map areas that I've not been able to figure out, it feels as if half the match is hunting down bot clusters and pilots, but there's no method to it other than just blazing around the map, happening across clusters of enemies.

It felt like in TF1 that Attrition had more of a front-line mechanic, so you knew roughly where the fight was taking place at all times. That, and you saw bots on radar.

Damn, totally summed up how I feel about Attrition in this. It just never has the same flow that ALL Attrition matches had in TF1.

I love BH but would love classic Attrition back too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i LOVE the gravity nades. Anytime i feel a pilot is chasing or just around a corner i can count on tossing one out and possibly getting an easy EASY kill. Got a sick triple with one last night

Top Bottom