• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Impressions anyone!?

Especially from those who disliked alpha

How are the maps! Was Homestead the worst of it? Whats everyone's fave map?

How's CTF? I think if Attrition sucks, CTF, Hardpoint, and Skirmish will be what I play. Probably Bounty Hunt too, as it sounds improved

Also, are you guys getting into firefights where youre dodging and weaving and escaping enemies? I love the idea of utilizing abilities and jumping to escape people

I'm watching Sager's steam, but he's going 4 hours straight and has 300 kills and 3 deaths and hasn't lost a game today.

Crazy shit his aim is ridiculous.

More ridiculous is that he does all these on PC with a controller. His movement with a controller is insane.

It's a Boost, AKA a scorestreak/killstreak, though the difference is you don't lose all your progress when you die like those

!!!!!!

I still think boosts should cost titan meter to use! That way, its easier to balance useless ones like ticks with useful ones like amped weapons

It should act like risk vs reward

KodaRuss

everyone's only talking about SMGs but as a fan of Titan skating around at high speed and being an asshole to people with a shotgun in Destiny, you're speaking my language here.

Tall order to beat the FEAR 1 shotgun though.

I dont think anything will ever beat FEAR 1's shotgun. The shotguns in this game look pretty good though.

Toa TAK

Banned
Re: Campaign

SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB

Like damn dude, I thought I was playing single player, not hearing awful chatter on multiplayer.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Happened to me with RE:R2 recently. They sent me another key that worked.

Do you remember how long it took for them to respond to you? Right now all I've noticed is that I suddenly can't view any of my game purchases on their site.

Just got mine and this scared me so much I logged in and redeemed it at work. Thankfully mine activated - no preorder stuff though, despite what they said before.

This was the first time I've ever gotten a bad code from GMG. I'm sure it will get sorted. Meanwhile I also ordered it for PS4 and got the dreaded "Amazon Shipping Service" for delivery. It's like someone just didn't want me to play this game today, lol.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I'm not able to play. I'm getting this error message when installing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1612)

I'm told if you wait for it to get to 100% and do a "Repair" it'll fix itself

SwolBro

Banned
claww is crazy. i never understood how people did that.

Thanks. One thing that's got me wanting the Xbox version, but I also want to see the ps pro improvements too. Maybe I'll look into a scuf sometime.
having jump and slide on paddles where you don't have to take your thumbs off the sticks will improve your gameplay 1000000x.

Your overall enjoyment will also increase because you'll be doing things you never thought you could do, you'll essentially move like a PC player.

bbd23

yea this multiplayer is going to take some time to get a feel for. everyone is owning my ass. shotgun is super fun though

hopefully PC gaf doesnt yell at me tonight. time to enjoy some more campaign

Izuna

Banned
So until I find out that Legion isn't broken af, my choice is:

Turbo Engine (1 dash)
Light-Weight Allow (faster movement when shooting)
Dome Shield (ofc)

He's very powerful and with a little mobility, here's fantastic. A little worse killing ground enemies than Ton's 40mm, but once smart core heats up, OH BOY

I love activating it when a Bounty Hunt wave finishes and I just steal all the money.

I got better with conserving my smoke that I no longer need two. Unfortunately, because it doesn't damage Titans nearly as much as I think it should, the prospect of trapping Titan's is no longer a useful strat in R2.

Once I adjust to this game I won't have complaints.

Respawn:
I actually WISH I could lower the transparency of the bips in the Radar, can that please be a thing?

What happens then? You buying shots of Amped Weapons or something?

From their website:

Every Network picks their own Happy Hour time. The goal of Happy Hour is to get players online at the same time so they can chat and play together. If you play a match during your current Network's Happy Hour in Titanfall 2, you will get bonus Merits which will help you level up more quickly. To collect your Happy Hour bonus Merits just find a Network that is currently in Happy Hour, switch to that Network, and play a match. You will only get one Happy Hour Bonus per day though!

Abdozer

How was the PC community for the first game? Long lasting? Just bought this in hopes to satisfy my FPS needs and I'm hoping this doesn't fall under one of those games where the console platform has a significantly more population (IE Gears of War 4)

Izuna

Banned
How was the PC community for the first game? Long lasting? Just bought this in hopes to satisfy my FPS needs lately.

Fatal1ty was probably the first person to break down in tears that it didn't have the community it deserved.

This one will last longer. But how long does CoD last on PC anyway?

Izuna

Banned
still trying to decide on aim settings (x1)

For me its

Sensitivity: 7
Classic
Small Deadzone (even my brand new S controller requires this)

8 Sensitivity has no Auto-aim, I'm considering it for EPG-1 usage but it affects everything ;(

I got my Sprint set to Manual ;)

Abdozer

Fatal1ty was probably the first person to break down in tears that it didn't have the community it deserved.

This one will last longer. But how long does CoD last on PC anyway?

I had no issues playing Black Ops 3 on PC back in February, nowdays it seems the most populated FPS is either Overwatch/BF/CSGO. Looking for a change abit.

Izuna

Banned
If I could improve Tone... I'd make the Particle Wall also act like a remote mine. Like, press LB again to have it explode (small radius, small damage) -- and calling another one also removes the old one in the same way.

She desperately lacks any close quarters tech, which is a shame because that means suffers greatly with dealing with minions and Titans at the same time. I don't think other classes have that issue. The rest all have something that can deal damage to a main Titan target will covering some AoE or such to damage Minions mid-fight.

Deps

How was the PC community for the first game? Long lasting? Just bought this in hopes to satisfy my FPS needs and I'm hoping this doesn't fall under one of those games where the console platform has a significantly more population (IE Gears of War 4)

Could find matches for the popular game modes up until TF2 launch, but the population was small. Launch problems and dlc really hurt the playerbase, TF2 won't have those problems so it should be better, but console will still have a much bigger pop.

ElRenoRaven

Ok so got to the first big gameplay twist and wow. This game went from fun but kind of meh to interesting as hell now. I hope there is more of it or if not in the future sequels there is.

Izuna

Banned
People joining TitanGAF on Xbox. Set it as your Active Network to play with us.

BvKHXl4.png

(wins is at 75 now, it's a shame there's no win% tho)

The multiplayer is SO STUPID GOOD! I dont know what it is... I was pretty damn critical of the tech test, but holy shit this is fun.

How am I going to juggle this, BF1 (which I LOVE), and Im still playing Overwatch?!

Canadian

These are my initial impressions after about 12 hours. I had around 300+ hours in the original Titanfall and played it on PC, 360 and One. I absolutely loved the game.

The campaign is a nice surprise. It's fun, looks great and really well paced. It is short but really never a dull moment. I would love for them to update the game with a score attack mode.

The multiplayer does feel like a slowed down Titanfall with less verticality. The game has more indoor spaces. I'd say they have tried to accommodate more play styles. In TF1 you could be successful with an assault rifle at any range, now there are more scenarios where using a shotgun or a sniper can be viable. Attrition does feel a little more reserved. No more 100 grunt kills. There are fewer on the map and they are harder to kill, at least the specters are. No more grunt map hack means you can't farm grunts for points as easily. Overall attrition isn't as busy but I haven't made up my mind if that's for the better. The only other mode I tried was pilot vs pilot and it really did feel like a future Call of Duty title.

The feel of movement has also been slowed down, even if it's still a fast game it is noticeable. Not to say it's worse, just different. Running speed seems to be a bit slower and jumps don't seem to go as high but that may all have to do with the game's focus on horizontal fights rather than vertical fights. The flow is different, but not so different that I wasn't able to quickly figure out how to adapt. What I love is the addition of slide. Being able to run slide down a roof, launch yourself further and then continue to slide for momentum is incredibly fun. One thing that Titanfall nails is movement and even having getting around the map be fun.

Overall movement feels a little heavier but still smooth and fun. Maps are solid and allow for multiple play styles. Campaign is worth experiencing. I really hope Respawn does a good job at supporting the game moving forward.

Top Bottom