• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Refreshing this thread while at work is torture, can't wait to get home...

This on X1 and battlefield on PC should keep me insanely busy for a long time. Super freaking pumped!

zsynqx

It just keeps getting better and better.

I would definitely put this above Doom and Wolfenstein as the best shooter campaign this gen.

jelly

Played a bit at my friends house, it's amazing. The grapple hook had me grinning :D It's just so fun and easy to get into and do awesome stuff. Some people did look a bit clueless but they'll get to grips with it watching others. I can be a bit grumpy about games nowadays but this made me really happy and forget everything. It was bliss, like being a kid and playing something amazing for the first time like Halo CE.

Bumhead

Banned
It just keeps getting better and better.

I would definitely put this above Doom and Wolfenstein as the best shooter campaign this gen.

That's two of my three favourite games this gen, and someone in another thread has said it's close to being Vanquish 2.

Yep, bought. So bought.

Can't believe more people aren't complaining about attrition downgrades. No TF1 fans in here?

There's definitely posts to that effect in this thread. It was one of the reasons I was holding off but I'm not sure I can now.

I'm not able to play. I'm getting this error message when installing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1612)

5taquitos

Nice move.
I wish Ps4 record was voice activated. Half the time I can't hit the record button in time. Damn old age.

"Playstation"

"Save video clip"

I haven't tested that, but it should work if you have voice commands activated and a mic. The PS4 is always recording, so you'll save the last 15 minutes (or less if you changed these settings).

Am I missing something or does TitanFall 2 pull an Overwatch and only float 'happy' stats like kills and wins? Is there a way to track K/D and whatnot among yourself and friends?

Not a big deal, just want to make sure I'm not missing a tab somewhere.

Can't believe more people aren't complaining about attrition downgrades. No TF1 fans in here?

Meh, I prepared myself for changes across the board after the beta. It's a different game. I don't necessarily agree with the choices made, but I've decided to enjoy it for what it is, rather than what it isn't or hypothetically could be.

Strakt

Am I missing something or does TitanFall 2 pull an Overwatch and only float 'happy' stats like kills and wins? Is there a way to track K/D and whatnot among yourself and friends?

Meh, I prepared myself for changes across the board after the beta. It's a different game. I don't necessarily agree with the choices made, but I've decided to enjoy it for what it is, rather than what it isn't or hypothetically could be.

They said stats are being tracked currently, but an actual stat page will be added in very soon

Izuna

Banned

See: all my posts

haha

The thing is, even if Attrition is made to focus more on AI and they space it out, the Radar still fucks with the flow. You have to play Attrition the way people who played it wrong in R1. Basically, don't care about minions unless they're just free kills.

Profound sadness

Cake Boss

Banned

I believe they are adding it on the next update, and so far its tracking your kills, deaths etc.

I agree, I hate those fluffy stats they show in Overwatch,

I had a conversation with an old Battlefield friend on Origin yesterday. It made me wonder if people know that objective-based gamemodes exist in Titanfall.

He asked me "is Titanfall 2 good, or is it another Titanfall 1?". After explaining that I liked the first game a lot, I told him that now all but two of the game modes don't have AI. He responded "good, I hated how you could win by only killing AI", which is only true in Attrition, and not possible in Hardpoint/CTF/LTS. You know, the objective based modes that a Battlefield player should crave.
Aside from the point limit (which is too low), it's roughly the same to me. It's still Attrition, it's just that the changes to Titan combat make it nearly impossible to single-handedly control the game.
The thing is, even if Attrition is made to focus more on AI and they space it out, the Radar still fucks with the flow. You have to play Attrition the way people who played it wrong in R1. Basically, don't care about minions unless they're just free kills.
Huh, I guess that's why I'm not feeling the change as much. I'm ignoring the radar, instead just using sound direction to pick out enemy Pilots. The sound of an enemy Pilot firing a weapon is extremely loud now.

I believe they are adding it on the next update, and so far its tracking your kills, deaths etc.

I agree, I hate those fluffy stats they show in Overwatch,

*shrugs* I wouldn't revolt if they decided it was better to hide stats. I'm fine either way. Like I said, just checking to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Thanks for the info!

Deps

PC version is good, running great and getting matches quickly. Hopefully the population stays healthy, but I'm not too worried. Game doesn't have the same launch problems 1 had.

DrBo42

Man, that campaign was pretty much excellent all the way through. Surprising considering the first didn't even have one. Nice job Respawn.

Drewfonse

Had to pull myself away from this to finally eat. Next up :brushing my teeth.

Wow, what a fun game this is. Played the first 2 campaign levels and loved em.

Then I played MP for 2-3 hrs and adored it. Everything, the grapple hook infused movement, snappiness of the gunplay, quick matchmaking, customization options, it's fantastic. So fun.

Never thought I would get sucked into Bounty Hunt, but man is that addictive.

Different strokes and all, but I'm finding this is to be leaps and bounds more fun than BF1.

Its been long since I played the tech test, but the speed seems to be higher in the full game and the flow just feels better in general. I think the final version is simply superior in every way possible. The maps I played were solid, I even didn't hate Homestead in the full game.

Excellent. The wait is now harder, lol.

AllGamer

I love it when this happens

DeG2vI.gif

Mupod

Is this the best shotgun in gaming? Maybe it's the feedback too as the enemies pop but holy hell so satisfying.

everyone's only talking about SMGs but as a fan of Titan skating around at high speed and being an asshole to people with a shotgun in Destiny, you're speaking my language here.

Tall order to beat the FEAR 1 shotgun though.

Izuna

Banned
Looking forward to jumping on tonight.

I was going to play the Campaign on Hard, but now I am thinking maybe Master. Has anyone tried the Campaign on Master? (hardest difficutly)

Gamespot put up a little video recommending Master: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdk_3WzClx4

Master is great so far. I haven't had any cheap deaths, and it adds a particular stealth element to the that I'd imagine would be there as much.

It kinda forces you to use you abilities more.

EL CUCO

Did you guys have any downlable codes for skins in the box? I could've sworn pre-orering the game would give you nose art and skins, but my box didn't have anything but a flyer to the mobile game...

If in case anyone was wondering how well controllers can play against Keyboard and mouse on PC, well I won pretty decently against a youtuber just recently in attrition lol. In general I do pretty good from what I've played overall. Usually top of the leader board.

JJShadow

Played the first 4-5 campaign levels and holy shit, the gameplay is so fucking amazing. The gunplay feels so satisfying, but what I really love is the Vanquish-style sliding. Cannot wait to dig more hours in

Did you guys have any downlable codes for skins in the box? I could've sworn pre-orering the game would give you nose art and skins, but my box didn't have anything but a flyer to the mobile game...

Preordered from BBY (PC physical, which is hilarious because there's no disc in the box) and they sent a separate code for the Nitro skin pack for scorch

I'm not able to play. I'm getting this error message when installing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1612)

So I was getting this issue as well, go into the game directory and go into the redist or wherever the VC++ installers are located.

Go ahead and repair those. When I tried it barked at me for not having feature and I had to re-point it to the correct .msi package. I believe this is why it's getting hung up on the install in general. Also, I'm sure what triggered it was selecting a different drive location to install.

DM me if you have any further issues, I'll gladly assist.

EL CUCO

Since Amazon fucked up my pre-order and gave me no code to get early access, how many days or weeks is the map access early before official release?
Damn...I think I got boned out of this too
Preordered from BBY (PC physical, which is hilarious because there's no disc in the box) and they sent a separate code for the Nitro skin pack for scorch
Rip me. I guess it's time to make a call to Amazon.

Revas

Yeah, Atrrition isn't the same but I'm still high on all the things they did right in this game to complain too much tbh.

For those new to titanfall I can't suggest bumper jumper enough. Try it out until it clicks.

Currently trying to get "Evolved" down and failing.

Damn...I think I got boned out of this too

Rip me. I guess it's time to make a call to Amazon.

I used their chat feature. They told me to wait till Monday for a possible email with the code. But they actually still gave me a free month of Prime for the fuck up.

dankir

I'm watching Sager's steam, but he's going 4 hours straight and has 300 kills and 3 deaths and hasn't lost a game today.

Crazy shit his aim is ridiculous.

Forgot to mention this earlier but the framerate has been pretty solid on PS4? I don't think I've encountered the dips I experienced during the Tech Test.

I'll be playing more today and will give it a another look.

Is the smart pistol not in multiplayer?

Yes, but its now a Boost and replaces your secondary weapon.

Top Bottom