• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

giphy.gif

E92 M3

Cloak got obliterated as expected :( Also, what are these Tone adjustments :(

Everything else looks great! Any drawback to increasing the FOV?

Erban1

Damn, volt is getting a nerf. Wonder how many more bullets its gonna take now? Might have to switch back over to the CAR now.

Izuna

Banned
Fixed Bounty Titan scoring in Bounty Hunt.

?!

So dropping a Titan on them gives me the full $600 edit:$500 now? <3

Overcore BUFF?!

I'm...

lawd.

E92 M3

My Alternator wasn't touched thankfully. How much better was the volt for it to get nerfed? I am surprised.

I think they were very heavy-handed with the cloak. It completely changes the ability. Now I can't continuously assault Titans. More visibility would have been fine.

Soo about cloak...

Adjusted visibility of Cloak.
Firing your weapon will now also disable Cloak.

Maybe it's not a complete nerf. What if firing your weapon disables cloak but the cloaked pilot is actually harder to see? The adjustment isn't really clear.

KingV

My Alternator wasn't touched thankfully. How much better was the volt for it to get nerfed? I am surprised.

I think they were very heavy-handed with the cloak. It completely changes the ability. Now I can't continuously assault Titans. More visibility would have been fine.

I would have maybe made it where titan weapons don't drop it but primaries do.

E92 M3

This is exactly what I was worried about: my main use of cloak was for attacking Titans. Now I will only get one shot and have to run away. I'm a bit upset.

I would have maybe made it where titan weapons don't drop it but primaries do.

I imagine that would be hard to program.

--

The only other thing I'm worried about are the Tone adjustments. We'll see.

skynidas

Banned
Thank god fo cloak and tone tweaking, that was needed. And I really wanted those Stats pages, can't wait to play tomorrow! (Europe :()

Also, i'm definitely getting some of that cosmetic DLC, hope a big part of the money goes to Respawn and not EA.

- Added Film Grain slider.
- Adjusted weighting on map rotations.
- Fixed issue of Kraber shooting through bubble shields.
Yeeeeeeessssssssssssss

Also:
- Increased likelihood of finding Nessie easter egg in [redacted] mission that no one has found yet. Or did we?
I thought it was weird that no one had found any easter eggs given the hidden stuff that was in Titanfall 1. I bet this isn't the only easter egg in SP.

Better accuracy both from the hip and ADS, bigger magazine, better at mid range engagements.

Cloak sounds useless now tbh. May just switch to Phase or Stim

Izuna

Banned
EPG Buff is sooooo fucking welcome too.
Film Grain removal is beautiful.
I have to try new Thunderbolt...

Trance... let's play that 24/7 playlist.

Respawn, I love you so much. <3

Amped Hardpoint? Gross

also can someone from the PS4 GAF Network invite us all to the playlist, I bought the game like 3 days after release lol

Gator86

Cloak, volt, and Tone nerfs

raw

Did anyone really want a buff to Overcore? I'm not thrilled by the idea of constant cores all over the place. Everything else seems pretty great otherwise. FOV slider is a fantastic addition.

However, Ctrl + F: Execution, not found :-(
Also, reaper collision detection still fucked. Crash site continues to be unplayable shit.

"Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%."

that plus battery boost means you get a 50% core meter and a shield once you get in your titan

rip

also cloak is now fucking useless

didn't think the volt needed a nerf but didn't mess around with it too much, r-97 and l-star definitely needed buffs though so glad they got them

E92 M3

Better accuracy both from the hip and ADS, bigger magazine, better at mid range engagements.

Cloak sounds useless now tbh. May just switch to Phase or Stim

Ah, I just never liked it. And cloak does sound useless now. I did not expect Respawn to be so heavy handed with their nerfs. Cloak was most bothersome in PVP, not in modes with Titans.

With this nerf, a whole playstyle was kinda neutered, but I have to try it first.

EPG Buff is sooooo fucking welcome too.
Film Grain removal is beautiful.
I have to try new Thunderbolt...

Trance... let's play that 24/7 playlist.

Respawn, I love you so much. <3

Yeah, they took my idea for the 24/7 playlist. That's pretty damn cool.

TheRed

Omg they actually fixed the film grain issue already. So happy didn't expect it so soon. Volt nerf is kinda sad because that was gonna be the next gun I tried, haven't used it yet. Hope it's not too strong a nerf.

deoee

The notes are INSANE!!!!
Esp:

Increased likelihood of finding Nessie easter egg in [redacted] mission that no one has found yet. Or did we?

E92 M3

I will not panic until I try the cloak post patch, but it seems useless now. And if that's case, that would be very disappointing. I get immense enjoyment from attacking Titans, and would hate if I can't now.

Gator86

"Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%."

that plus battery boost means you get a 50% core meter and a shield once you get in your titan

rip

also cloak is now fucking useless

didn't think the volt needed a nerf but didn't mess around with it too much, r-97 and l-star definitely needed buffs though so glad they got them

I don't understand the cloak response. It still likely allows complete invisibility to titans for an extended period of time. That's a useful ability.

Did people really expect an ability that gives de facto permanent invulnerability against titans and a considerable advantage in target acquisition against pilots to last?

skynidas

Banned
I will not panic until I try the cloak post patch, but it seems useless now. And if that's case, that would be very disappointing. I get immense enjoyment from attacking Titans, and would hate if I can't now.
Maybe this will get you to try other strategies.

Can someone take a couple videos of Cloak visibility before the patch comes out? That way comparing the before/after is easier. I would, but I'm gonna be at work until well after the patch drops.

E92 M3

I don't understand the cloak response. It still likely allows complete invisibility to titans for an extended period of time. That's a useful ability.

Did people really expect an ability that gives de facto permanent invulnerability against titans and a considerable advantage in target acquisition against pilots to last?

Now, after one shot from the MGL, I will be exposed and can't tango between multiple Titans. I developed a whole playstyle around it. Never used cloak to camp.

Get rekt cloak users!

Yas!

That's not a good attitude to have and leads to longterm problems with the game. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it has to go.

Maybe this will get you to try other strategies.

Maybe I should play how I want? And I know other strategies, but always have the most fun with the latter.

FStop7

Banned
Adjustments to Northstar's Flight Core.

Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%.

Adjusted Viper Thrusters so that in addition to moving faster during Flight Core and Northstar now moves faster during Hover as well.

Overcored Northstar with what sounds like an air dash might be the new hotness. &#129300;

Izuna

Banned
Man fuck Cloak, what a boring way to play the game anyway. I'm glad it's gone, it was making it a little too easy to kill people:

iV0bBD7.gif

Top Bottom