• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I think that's a flame kit that reduces the amount of damage you take from your own thermite . So they "adjusted" it, whatever the fuck that means.

would more detailed patch notes kill them

also hoping the next patch allows fully customizable controls, silly that I have to go to the PS menu to remap slide

Gator86

I will not panic until I try the cloak post patch, but it seems useless now. And if that's case, that would be very disappointing. I get immense enjoyment from attacking Titans, and would hate if I can't now.

If you don't feel you can engage titans without a permanent, complete, and total advantage where you can wreck titans and they can't even fight back, that speaks volumes about the necessity of the cloak nerf.

Rayme

Also, i'm definitely getting some of that cosmetic DLC, hope a big part of the money goes to Respawn and not EA.

This is (1) very kind of you to say, thank you; and (2) a fantastic reminder that I need to sell doubleXP codes out the back of a van somewhere.

they could have nerfed it without nuking it in to the ground to the point where it's by far the worst tactical

just a thought

I may be out of line here, but to me it seems like it's going to be where it should be, i.e. a good ability for newer players that doesn't require any associated active strategy rather than one that can be abused by skilled players...with no associated active strategy.

The constant invisibility while firing is kind of silly. If anything, it makes cloaking more for stealth and sniping operations then. Want to sit back and sniper, but not be as seen? Then use cloak for that.

Gator86

Now, after one shot from the MGL, I will be exposed and can't tango between multiple Titans. I developed a whole playstyle around it. Never used cloak to camp.

That's not a good attitude to have and leads to longterm problems with the game. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it has to go.

Maybe I should play how I want? And I know other strategies, but always have the most fun with the latter.

Why do you think you should be able to stand directly in front of two titans and wreck them without any effort on your part or recourse on theirs? That's insane.

Use your mobility, use cover, use clever tactics or strategy, etc. Abusing the shit out of an ability that is clearly broken isn't a playstyle, it's abusing the fuck out of an ability that's clearly broken.

E92 M3

they could have nerfed it without nuking it in to the ground to the point where it's by far the worst tactical

just a thought

Indeed

This.

Cloak was broken and was a crutch for mediocre players (not saying you were one of them of course).
Stim, Grapple, Phase etc make the game much quicker and for more interesting so I welcome a Cloak nerf.

It wasn't a crutch but allowed for a certain playstyle.

If you don't feel you can engage titans without a permanent, complete, and total advantage where you can wreck titans and they can't even fight back, that speaks volumes about the necessity of the cloak nerf.

It's not permanent but allowed me to hide when attacking multiple titans. And of course they could fight back, don't be silly. I'm not talking about standing on a roof and firing. I'm talking about running in between them and such. Every shot flickered the cloak anyways.

You have your views on cloak and I have mine. All they had to do was adjust pilot visibility.

skynidas

Banned
Maybe I should play how I want? And I know other strategies, but always have the most fun with the latter.

Relax. I'm just saying that you can find new ways to engage with titans, this always happens with online games, some things get tweaked until they find the right balance.

FStop7

Banned
Cloak changes don't sound like they won't affect the way I use it, mainly for traversing open spaces and getting around behind titans.

That's not a good attitude to have and leads to longterm problems with the game. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it has to go.

Uh, what?! I didn't say it had to go. I'm glad it got nerfed. It was long overdue.

If using a totally OP Tactical was your bread and butter it's not my problem.

just a thought

Read below.

I may be out of line here, but to me it seems like it's going to be where it should be, i.e. a good ability for newer players that doesn't require any associated active strategy rather than one that can be abused by skilled players...with no associated active strategy.

Ah, yes, common sense. It's great to see.

Why do you think you should be able to stand directly in front of two titans and wreck them without any effort on your part or recourse on theirs? That's insane.

Use your mobility, use cover, use clever tactics or strategy, etc. Abusing the shit out of an ability that is clearly broken isn't a playstyle, it's abusing the fuck out of an ability that's clearly broken.

Every time you fire you lose your invisibility, plus titans usually have multiple ways to do splash damage so you don't even need to hit cloaked users directly.

Phase shift and grapple were more annoying to go against as a Titan imo

Hmm, just realized that there's nothing in the patch notes about retroactively awarding the advocate gifts that people didn't get. Did that not make it in?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm blind.

E92 M3

Relax. I'm just saying that you can find new ways to engage with titans, this always happens with online games, some things get tweaked until they find the right balance.

Haha, just a bit antsy. My favorite stuff getting nerfed always rustles my jimmies.

Uh, what?! I didn't say it had to go. I'm glad it got nerfed. It was long overdue.

If using a totally OP Tactical was your bread and butter it's not my problem.

Read below.

Ah, yes, common sense. It's great to see.

I give zero shits about hiding from pilots - super aggressive as it is. I enjoyed cloak for killing bots and Titans, but it is what is.

I use phase shift just as good.

TheRed

Ohhh shit they buffed my L-STAR and I was already doing great with it, exciting. Crap everyone is gonna jump on the bandwagon with me now :D

KorrZ

Seems like pretty good changes overall. Interested to see if Tone will still be useful or if she's been nerfed into the ground at this point. Volt nerf is also slightly disappointing. I guess everyone is just going to use the CAR instead?

I've been leveling up each of the first weapons for each category before moving on and doing it again with the next set. I get to where the 2nd mod slot opens and then I move on.

Gator86

Every time you fire you lose your invisibility, plus titans usually have multiple ways to do splash damage so you don't even need to hit cloaked users directly.

Phase shift and grapple were more annoying to go against as a Titan imo

I mean, technically, you can hit them with splash damage, but good luck with they're entirely invisible and running around with a reaper shooting you and a Ronin creeping nearby. Considering the potential magnitude of these changes, Respawn clearly recognized it was too effective in too many contexts and requiring too little effort to effectively use.

Phase shift and grapple may be more annoying, but they require a considerably greater amount of competence and strategy to use to achieve any level of effectiveness. The problem with cloak was that it was a passive tactical in a game where every other tactical is active. It was inevitable that they would change it to be in line with the entire design philosophy behind tacticals.

KorrZ

They didn't touch my G2 that's all that matters. Though, it's not like I've really seen anyone complaining about it being OP.

3DShovel

Ohhh shit they buffed my L-STAR and I was already doing great with it, exciting. Crap everyone is gonna jump on the bandwagon with me now :D

I really like the L-STAR as a gun and am happy it got a buff. I found I was losing too many battles to the R201 even if I shot first. This should balance things out a bit.

G2, Hemlock and Alternator but I'm not a Volt-bro

Replace alternator with CAR and that's where I am. I'm still going to give the Volt a chance though, to be honest it did feel like the best all around weapon to me: deadly at every range except extreme distances. Hoping the difference in ttk is like 1 shot though, because while it was ultra-versatile, longer range weapons can straight up dominate this game...the play-style just isn't as fun to me though.

E92 M3

I'm sure the Volt will be still useful. I tried it and never liked it. On my way to 3500 kills with the Alternator. That gun is love and if it gets nerfed I might quit hahaha.

I'm buy every single skin - supporting Respawn like crazy.

I mean, technically, you can hit them with splash damage, but good luck with they're entirely invisible and running around with a reaper shooting you and a Ronin creeping nearby. Considering the potential magnitude of these changes, Respawn clearly recognized it was too effective in too many contexts and requiring too little effort to effectively use.

Phase shift and grapple may be more annoying, but they require a considerably greater amount of competence and strategy to use to achieve any level of effectiveness. The problem with cloak was that it was a passive tactical in a game where every other tactical is active. It was inevitable that they would change it to be in line with the entire design philosophy behind tacticals.
Yeah I get that it was a passive one and whatnot. I just hope the cooldown is lowered then to account for the sizable nerf. Either way, guess I'm going back to grapple/stim entirely.

Top Bottom