• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Menthuss

Volt got nerfed? Good. You could hipfire that thing and still be effective at absolutely ridiculous ranges. Don't really care too much about Cloak changes, considering I barely used it (Grapple4Life).

Also, I didn't see anything in the bugfixes section about Ronin's Phase Dash getting fixed to no longer instant kill him when he re-materialises into another Titan.

...Does that mean it's intentional?

TheRed

Wait the patch drops in 2 h already?

I'm not prepared

Yeah does the patch really go live in a couple hours? Awesome.

I have no idea if my CDKeys preorder on PC will give me early access to Angel City but really hoping it does! Aww dang looking at my order I think I technically ordered after the game was out. Oh well.

Iscariot

"Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%."

that plus battery boost means you get a 50% core meter and a shield once you get in your titan

rip

also cloak is now fucking useless

didn't think the volt needed a nerf but didn't mess around with it too much, r-97 and l-star definitely needed buffs though so glad they got them

I probably would have just added a bullet at the far and very far ranges for the Volt to kill. Though, the notes are unspecific so who knows.

Erban1

G2, Hemlock and Alternator but I'm not a Volt-bro

back to alternator and r-201

Anyone making a thread for the update?

CAR is flying completely under the radar

I'll probably end up running the CAR or alternator. Not sure if any of the other smgs will be as well rounded as the Volt in the long run. I really loved you could play most ranges with it and shred people up close if you got the first shot off. If it comes down to a bullet difference in the ttk i'll probably continue to run with it and hope the slower ROF and damage drop doesn't throw me off too badly.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah does the patch really go live in a couple hours? Awesome.

I have no idea if my CDKeys preorder on PC will give me early access to Angel City but really hoping it does! Aww dang looking at my order I think I technically ordered after the game was out. Oh well.

joining a network gives you access, lol

KingV

Kinda excited for the new sandbox. One thing I like about this game is how fun most of the weapons are. I've been switching to a new weapon every time I ReGen one because they're all so fun to use... well, except I have stuck to the MGL, because it just seems so much better than the other options.

Cloak, volt, and Tone nerfs

raw

Did anyone really want a buff to Overcore? I'm not thrilled by the idea of constant cores all over the place. Everything else seems pretty great otherwise. FOV slider is a fantastic addition.

However, Ctrl + F: Execution, not found :-(
Also, reaper collision detection still fucked. Crash site continues to be unplayable shit.
If anyone needed an overcore buff it's Ronin.

I don't understand the cloak response. It still likely allows complete invisibility to titans for an extended period of time. That's a useful ability.

Did people really expect an ability that gives de facto permanent invulnerability against titans and a considerable advantage in target acquisition against pilots to last?
Yep. Now cloak is in line with TF1. The pre patch cloak was a rare burn card in TF1 and way too op.

Gator86

So Cloak works a lot more like it did in TF1 now? Why's everybody so sad. It's all good.

If you're used to being permanently invulnerable to titans and having first shot advantage in every fight versus pilots, moving back to TF1 is a dramatic step backwards.

TheRed

Cloak is really uninteresting to die against in any game and with whole teams using it it would get pretty annoying. Glad it got nerfed, I'm sure it can still be used effectively.

dankir

If you're used to being permanently invulnerable to titans and having first shot advantage in every fight versus pilots, moving back to TF1 is a dramatic step backwards.

Well I played TF1 with cloak a lot and I did just fine. Players just got to adjust and like most of you have been arguing about recently. Clock doesn't really do that much against Pilots. A shitty Titan will still be susceptible against your anti titan weaponry. Good Titans dealt with cloak pretty well I think. I don't think it'll change things too much,

It's not like your jumpjets aren't visible (if the stealth kit isn't equipped) or you the fact you pretty much call out your location when you fire even while cloaked.

RedFury

Because suppressors are longer available to primaries
Dang, does that mean we can get suppressors back? Was sad when I saw they weren't attachments for primaries but pistols only. I'd also like to state that for half the pistols it doesn't even make sense. One is a revolver and one is a laser shotgun...like what?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I'm fine with cloak reverting back to it's TF1 version. Seemed kind of silly that firing your weapon didn't turn it off completely.

For battling Titans, it's still going to be the preferred tactical for the way I play.

Dang, does that mean we can get suppressors back? Was sad when I saw they weren't attachments for primaries but pistols only. I'd also like to state that for half the pistols it doesn't even make sense. One is a revolver and one is a laser shotgun...like what?

I would love for them to make return after this change.

Gator86

I ran silencers in TF1 and in almost every other game that allows it. I hope they don't implement them here outside the sidearms. Right now, everything directs players toward active engagements. Silencers would lead to way more people just farming bots and evading conflict altogether. I don't think I want to see them tossed into the game at this point.

RedFury

I ran silencers in TF1 and in almost every other game that allows it. I hope they don't implement them here outside the sidearms. Right now, everything directs players toward active engagements. Silencers would lead to way more people just farming bots and evading conflict altogether. I don't think I want to see them tossed into the game at this point.
Well the map gave better information in TF1 than in TF2. I really don't think silencers would make a difference other then lower TTK since it really won't effect the radar as it is now.

Disker

Kinda curios about my stats now :p

Although i must admit, playing without being bothered with it was fun.

Never understood the complains for cloak though. I never had trouble seeing people who were cloaked, its a different play-style, not cheap nor OP. Did't see a lot of them lately anyway (no pun).

A visibility increase against pilots, and a 3 second shorter overall time would've been fine.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, cloak got demolished, but it should still work for what it's supposed to be good at, flanking. I wonder how much easier it is to see.

Seriously. When does it hit? Tomorrow?

Today at 4PST

We've been told the update will come out at 4pm PST today! That means you can download the patch and new content with a couple caveats:

If you have early access to Angel City map you can start playing today at 4pm in the 24/7 playlist only. If you do not have early access then it's live on 12/2 at 4pm PST. At that time we'll adding Angel City to map rotation for other playlists.

Or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz7fksgRYWM

Top Bottom